The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Tom on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Tom on the Early Show"
"Rob is the devil"

"I ain't no rocket scientist, but them's two and I'm one"

"I wanted to jump through the tv screen and strangle him"

or something like that, it's hard to tell

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/06/earlyshow/series/survivor/main615977.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Tom on the Early Show Drive My Car 05-07-04 1
   RE: Big Tom on the Early Show true 05-07-04 2
 RE: Big Tom on the Early Show emydi 05-07-04 3
   RE: Big Tom on the Early Show steppingrazor42 05-07-04 7
 RE: Big Tom on the Early Show Loree 05-07-04 4
   RE: Big Tom on the Early Show DoodleBug 05-07-04 5
   RE: Big Tom on the Early Show BrassFan 05-07-04 6
       RE: Big Tom on the Early Show RyrieRae 05-07-04 8
 RE: Big Tom on the Early Show emydi 05-07-04 9
   RE: Big Tom on the Early Show ginger 05-07-04 10
 RE: Big Tom on the Early Show AngloFile 05-07-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
So dumb

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
Dontcha mean dumbass??

Did Tom say at the very end of the questions something about not winning the car and the million, but having his family? Did he mean that Rob won the car and the million?

It's impossible to understand that guy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
him and Dave from S6 they're starting a brain trust together

BUT he will have the last laugh and not vote for Romber

He was still very angry, esp. at Rob. When Harry asked him about fireworks on Sunday. He was going to say something and sat back and folded his arms. My money is on Rob being in F2 (esp. from editing of Romber and Jenna last nite) with Jenna and her winning 6-1. maybe 5-2

emydi

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
I couldn't tell is Tom was actually mad or slightly acting, maybe I'm getting too into the misdirection theories. Tom seemed to be so passive about eveything. His words weren't passive but his body language and tone was so blah, as if he were just going thru the motions of having to state how much he hates Rob.
I'm sticking with the theory that all of the jurors are just repeating the same thing in every interview about Rob so it's "SO SHOCKING" when they actually vote for him and he win.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
Big Tom is definitely angrier with Rob now than when he was voted off. It was watching at home and seeing Rob say that Tom and his son are dumb that made him mad. I think he could have voted for Rob. But now is angry about it when he saw what Rob said behind his back. Reminds me of Brian from Thailand. Everyone hated him more after watching the show than when they were playing the game.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
Exactly! I think that's why we can't really put much faith into these chats and interviews. They are seeing confessionals for the first time - what these people said behind their backs. Their anger for Rob (or Amber) could be them telling us "Dang, I shouldn't have voted for XXXX".

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
>It was watching at home and
>seeing Rob say that Tom
>and his son are dumb
>that made him mad.
>I think he could have
>voted for Rob. But
>now is angry about it
>when he saw what Rob
>said behind his back.

I don't think what Rob said about Tom
will affect his vote, because he voted
long before he heard it.

My personal feeling right now is that
Rob will win by a landslide jury vote.
This whole thing about everyone being
mad at him is misdirection. I can't
bring myself to believe that 3 or 4
months later, Lex is still actually
upset about how he got played. I think
it's all a put on to make it a huge
suprise when Rob wins...and wins big.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
What caught my attention was Tom's response at the very end of the interview. After going on about how mad he was at Rob he said, "I just hope... (catches himself)... well, we'll just have to see."

The only thing that Tom can't be sure of is who wins. He knows who is in the final 2, and I would guess that at this point, the only thing he can hope for is that someone he hates (Rob) doesn't win. If Rob is not in the Final 2, I can't imagine what would provoke him to say "I just hope... well, we'll just have to see."

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"
here's the transcript for SFever

http://www.survivorfever.net/s8_tom_es.html

emydi

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"

Every time someone says "XXX is so mad at Rhomber/Rob, he'll never vote for them/him" I think about Kristy and her Wicked Millionaire Stepsister.

Plus, Jenna is so repugnant that, were she in the final two, even Tom and other bitter losers might not vote for her and vote for Rob or Amber instead (note I am totally assuming Rupert bites the dust at number four).

*Incapable of spoiling since 1994*

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

AngloFile 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AngloFile Click to send private message to AngloFile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Big Tom on the Early Show"

and listening to Tom's "next day words" (or at least those you can understand) on survivor insider, he doesn't sound too bitter. I think he even said he could see Romber made a good play taking him out. I also get the impression any anger is from watching the show now, and was not present when he voted for the winner.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •