The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-29-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
I'm back. Since I'm back, we can get back to ridiculing these people for their idiotic mistakes. Oh, goody.

This was tough week to come up with mistakes, because CBS has to confuse me with all of this airport crap. I think I have figured it out though, so here are the choices:

1. Colin/Christie ditch teams at the bus stationto get on a express bus instead of a local bus. They buy tickets for themselves, the Christians, the black couple, and The Pizza Boys. This act angers teams that had been waiting there for a while.

2. At the airport, Charla/Mirna buy a standby ticket and don't seem to bother looking for another flight option. When they don't get on the flight, they have to scramble and find another one.

3. Bob/Joyce buy tickets for a flight but don't check to see that it's business class. Since Amazing Racers aren't allowed to fly business class, they have to get on a different flight.

4. After the business class fiasco, Bob/Joyce get on a flight to St. Petersburg via Madrid and Frankfurt, which now puts them behind the Twins and the BMs. They are the last team to the pit stop and are eliminated.

5. Nicole does the caviar roadblock but has a lot of trouble getting it down. Brandon and her are passed by the three teams behind them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Cleveland Guy 07-29-04 1
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Draco Malfoy 07-29-04 2
 #3 dizmara 07-29-04 3
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... StarryLuna 07-29-04 4
 Gotta be #3 realitybites 07-29-04 5
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... memacmur 07-29-04 6
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Steen 07-29-04 7
 #3 AMAI 07-29-04 8
 3 strid333 07-29-04 9
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... HobbsofMI 07-29-04 10
 3 MattyMax 07-30-04 11
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Horatio 07-30-04 12
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 07-30-04 13
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 08-01-04 14
 Numero Tres dajaki 08-02-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
It's a tie between #2 and #3.

The key to this leg was the flight to St. Pete. Both teams screwed it up, and screwed it up BADLY - one just got luckier than the others to stay alive.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
I'd think you'd give it to Chip and Kim actually, who, according to the Insider have blown all their money.

dizmara 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dizmara Click to send private message to dizmara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "#3"
Between that and #4, it completely led to them being eliminated.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-29-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
3/4

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-29-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Gotta be #3"
Considering it led to #4 and all. Honorable mention to #5.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-29-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
Yay. One of favorite bashing methods is back!

While the 'caviar convulsions' deserve an honorable mention, the biggest Not So Move had to be #3.

I've heard all kinds of suggestions that much of what they say to ticket counters is specified (they ask for two tickets when they actually have to get tickets for their 'crew' too if I'm not mistaken), but surely it would make sense to say you need coach tickets right up front?

If you fail to mention that and then stress the importance of leaving ASAP, no wonder airlines are offering business class tickets that may be available.

Silly people.

MEmacmur

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-29-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
3/4, because they got eliminated, but a mention to 5 because its one of those mind-over-matter things (unless she was allergic)

Awesome J Slice Creation 2003

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-29-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#3"
Has to be #3 - while the other mistakes could bode ill for those teams down the road, Bob & Joyce's failure to specify economy in the first place, in addition to double-checking their tickets, cost them the race.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-29-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "3"
Meh.

Three is the perfect number.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
I will also say 3 because it looked like Charla/Mirna bought their tickets even later and some how got on the connecting flight with the top teams.

My name is Hobbs of MI and I approve this message!

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-04, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "3"
Number 3, no question. It's getting lame how the past two teams were eliminated because of stupid mistakes at airports.

Although an honorable mention to Charla and Mirna for picking hockey over vodka. Seriously, the detours offer one easy thing and one hard thing. Do the easy thing! This cost them the slight lead they gained over other teams. They had agreed to vodka, then in the cab Mirna mentions her first impression was to do vodka, and charla changes her mind to please her cousin's past whims. Had they gone to vodka, they would have easily passed nicole and Christy early in the caviar eating.

I'd say that Brandon and Nicole were also dumb in chosing hockey, but you can't be mad at them if they did it for noble reasons - religion. And Nicole sucked at the caviar challenge anyway, so those 10 minutes didn't really matter.

Also to us spoilers who were all looking at Chip and kim or the doughboys to go this week. Of course the fat teams would do well this week!

MM

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-30-04, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
How about Colin's bonehead decision to let Christie eat the caviar? They could've been in 1st place with tons of time to spare had he done it.

----------------------------

07-30-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-04 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

I thought about including people doing the hockey detour, but it really didn't cost the teams a lot of time. Of the three teams that did it, Brandon/Nicole were far enough ahead that it wouldn't hurt them too much, and Bob/Joyce were way behind that there was no chance for them. Charla/Mirna were the only team that fell behind, but they made it up because Nicole sucked royally at the roadblock.

As far as other teams not doing well with the caviar, I decided to go with the one that was most hurtful, and that was Brandon/Nicole.

08-01-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
I will post the results Tuesday morning so get your votes in.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-02-04, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Numero Tres"
Gotta go w/ #3 since it led to #4 and elimination. Every season, a team makes this mistake. Question: If only business class is available, can the team ask for the free upgrade - essentially buying a business class seat for a coach price. The worst an airline can say is "No."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •