The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The PMS ratings: One World."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-12, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The PMS ratings: One World."
I goes without saying you cannot win Survivor unless you're sitting at FTC. But there's a difference between advancing to the Finals vs. playing to WIN. I'll note a few examples in this post. I'll even make a further distinction there's a difference between playing to get to the end vs. playing just to survive another day. It's the "playing just to survive another day" that Troy rightfully criticized and I agree with.

Unfortunately (except for Kim of course) the season was casted with too many chessplayers whose PRIMARY focus at any point in the game was the immediate move at hand. Whereas chess must be played only one move at a time, anyone who plays chess knows they must plan several moves in advance THAT GIVES YOU THE BEST POSSIBILTY to WIN. Forcing a tie at F6 gives Alicia, Tarzan, or Christina a great chance to win. But did they follow through? NO! And what did it get them?...seats on the Jury with NO chance of winning. THAT'S my point.

Katie's (Palau) approach to advance to the end was successful for her. And she was "rewarded" by sitting next to Tom Westman in the Finals---Whoopie!--GAME OVER! Not a WINNING approach.

Cassandra (Fiji) successfully made it to the Finals. And what did it get HER? Not a WINNING approach.

Becky (Cook Islands) played a perfect game to advance to the Finals. And for her efforts she got to sit between Yul AND Ozzy--Whoopie--GAME OVER! Not a WINNING approach.

By contrast I'll use Stephen (Tocantins) as a example. Not only did he play a perfect game to make it to the end, he attempted an endgame approach to put him in a position to WIN. Once in the endgame he was going to vote out JT so he could win sitting next to pathetically inept Erin in the Finals. JT's IC run foiled his plan (approach) but just because it didn't work out for him, I still credit Stephen with attempting a right approach to WIN.

So when you say "advancing in the game IS playing the game," that's a point well taken. But to go futher and say "that is what it is all about," depends on the individual. For many individuals this season that was what it was all about.

For THIS individual WINNING is what it is about if you decide to participate in a game. "Advancing" is the means to achieve the end result or the primary objective to WIN.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The PMS ratings: One World.   Estee     05-19-12       
   I'll Bite!   michel     05-20-12     1  
     RE: I'll Bite!   iltarion     05-21-12     2  
         RE: I'll Bite!   Estee     05-21-12     3  
         RE: I'll Bite!   Belle Book     05-21-12     4  
             RE: I'll Bite!   michel     05-21-12     5  
                 RE: I'll Bite!   iltarion     05-21-12     6  
                     RE: I'll Bite!   iltarion     05-21-12     7  
                     RE: I'll Bite!   michel     05-21-12     8  
                         RE: I'll Bite!   iltarion     05-21-12     9  
                             RE: I'll Bite!   michel     05-21-12     10  
                                 RE: I'll Bite!   iltarion     05-21-12     12  
                                     RE: I'll Bite!   michel     05-22-12     14  
                             RE: I'll Bite!   PepeLePew13     05-21-12     11  
                 RE: I'll Bite!   Belle Book     05-22-12     13  
   RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   Aruba     05-22-12     15  
     RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   iltarion     05-23-12     16  
         RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   byoffer     05-23-12     17  
     RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   michel     05-23-12     18  
         RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   iltarion     05-23-12     19  
             RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   Aruba     05-26-12     23  
         RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   Aruba     05-26-12     22  
   RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   dabo     05-24-12     20  
     RE: The PMS ratings: One World.   iltarion     05-24-12     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •