The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Vancouverite Firstname::kristi desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-05-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vancouverite Click to send private message to Vancouverite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
CBS promos say that the finale will have a, "A Surprise So Big, It Will Stun Everyone, We Guarantee It."

Is the surprise that the winner gets more than a million dollars. Prior to the show airing I thought I read somewhere that the winner would get $3 million. Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does the winner get more than a... lilRED 05-05-04 1
 RE: Does the winner get more than a... PagongRatEater 05-06-04 2
   RE: Does the winner get more than a... nailbone 05-06-04 3
       RE: Does the winner get more than a... Brownroach 05-06-04 4
           RE: Does the winner get more than a... Loquatrix 05-06-04 5
               RE: Does the winner get more than a... Brownroach 05-06-04 7
           RE: Does the winner get more than a... SurvivorBlows 05-06-04 10
 My two cents on the big surprise. rjrabbit 05-06-04 6
 RE: Does the winner get more than a... Drive My Car 05-06-04 8
   RE: Does the winner get more than a... sirius 05-06-04 9
   RE: Does the winner get more than a... SurvivorBlows 05-06-04 11
       RE: Does the winner get more than a... Drive My Car 05-06-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lilRED 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilRED Click to send private message to lilRED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
Only reason I don't think that's it is the interview posted earlier, Probst had to stop and think about whether the big suprise was anounced at the reunion show or on the finale show... Plus with this being all stars I don't think more money would "stun everyone"

But then again they like to exagerate don't they.....

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
I don't think that this is very likely for a couple of reasons:

1) Jeff has mentioned the million dollar prize specifically several times during the show. I would think that if they wanted to try to blow one by us, they would have just not mentioned an amount.

2) CBS would have used that to hype the show. You don't put additional money in the pot without marketing the heck out of it.

I could be wrong, but that's my $.02.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
1) Jeff has mentioned the million dollar prize specifically several times during the show. I would think that if they wanted to try to blow one by us, they would have just not mentioned an amount.

Not that I think this is the Big Surprise at all, but has JP mentioned a million dollars as the prize, or has he just said "they're playing for a million dollars" as if they THINK that's what the prize is, when it's actually more?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
From JP's teleconference yesterday (see Dabo's thread):

Question: Is it fair to say that the people left are going to get big prizes, like 6 figures?
Jeff Probst: The money did go up. I don't have the exact numbers. I think it was a million for the winner, $250,000 for the runner up then $175,000 and then maybe 115, then maybe dropped into 85. I'll have those numbers on the Live Show.

He *thinks* it was a million for the winner?

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
Right on, BR. You'd think someone as close to the core of the production would know, categorically and without question, what the prizes are for the championship series.

That said, I believe his "I think it was..." refers not just to the first place prize, but to his whole layout of what all the prizes may be. He's trying to say he's not entirely sure what all the prizes are -- not just what the first place prize is.

I don't buy it, anyway. He's covering something up, for sure.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
That said, I believe his "I think it was..." refers not just to the first place prize, but to his whole layout of what all the prizes may be.

I realized that too. But yeah, there's something excessively "La...la...la..." about the way he's saying this, imo.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
>He *thinks* it was a million
>for the winner?

No, I read the comment different -- that he knows it starts with a million, but thinks the breakdown after that is... blah, blah, blah.

The prize is only one million -- there's no way it's anything more, Burnett fought with castmembers for months on this issue, there's no way in hell he's going to double it as a "surprise."

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "My two cents on the big surprise."
I said this on another thread but I think the big surpise is that they let all the All Stars vote on who gets the million. The only thing that leads me to think this is when Tina was on the Early Show, Julie asked her if she was on the jury and Tina replied "I can't answer that".

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"

The money thing has been discussed since before the first episode. It's been in several threads on this board since the beginning of the season.
The winner still gets a million but all the pay outs for the other positions have been upped.

I think Webby posted what the amounts were, but the 2 mil refers to the entire prize purse.

sirius 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sirius Click to send private message to sirius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
I still think that the CBS vote for your all time survivor has something to do with the prize and that the winner of that is going to get a million too!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 04:26 PM (EST)

>I think Webby posted what the amounts were, but the 2
>mil refers to the entire prize purse.

Before the show was officially announced, USA Today ran an incorrect report that the prize was $2 million. But when the show was officially announced, CBS stated that the top prize was still only $1 million, but all the runner-up prizes had been increased, particularly on the "super loser" end of the sliding scale, where the prize for "first person voted out" went from $2,500 to $25,000.

...and the rest of the prizes increased from there -- with them all coming in somewhere between $25k and the Final 2 loser's $250k (as opposed to the Final 2 loser's typical $100k)

(basically they upped the minimum guaranteed money that anyone was going to get -- making it kinda an "appearance fee" without actually having to pay anyone a "real" appearance fee... which several of the former contestants had wanted but CBS/Burnett had balked at paying)

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Does the winner get more than a million dollars?"
Thanks for clarifying, Webby.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •