The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-04, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
As far as we've seen, here are the variations of the remaining alliances:

1)Rob and Amber
2)Jenna and Rupert
3)Rob and Amber with Rupert and Jenna
4)Rob, Amber and Jenna
5)Rob, Amber and Tom
6)Rupert and Tom

If this week we see a 2 against 2 vote, there will be someone as a swing vote. In both alliance speculations involving only 3 people (4&5), Tom or Jenna would play the role of a swing vote. To further explain, here are some variations of what we may see this week:

1)Rupert & Jenna + Tom(as the swing vote)will vote out Rob or Amber.
2)Rob & Amber + Tom(as the swing vote) will vote out Rupert or Jenna.
3)Rob & Amber + Jenna(as the swing vote) will vote out Rupert or Tom.

No one else other than Tom and Jenna could be a swing vote based on the alliances we have been shown. So, we will either see a 4-1 vote eliminating Tom (assuming he does not win Immunity) or a 3-2 vote using one of the swing votes as mentioned. There is the possibility of a 2-2-1 tie vote, but I don't see this as likely at all.

The significance of my posting this is that I believe of the three possible 3-2 votes, Rob and Amber will be kept safe, because at this point, Tom and Jenna believe they could beat either of them in Final 2. If Tom and Jenna play smart they will recognize this moment as one where they can take control of the game as a swing vote.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes RyrieRae 05-04-04 1
   RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes dabo 05-04-04 2
 RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes Scarlett O Hara 05-04-04 3
   RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes mom04 05-04-04 4
       RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes RyrieRae 05-05-04 5
 RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes JohnMc 05-05-04 6
   RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes big tom fan 05-06-04 7
       RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes JohnMc 05-06-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-04-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
... Just wanted to add... Rob and Amber would most likely bring in Jenna as the swing vote because of her, Tom, and Rupert, she is the one they can most likely beat (and will)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-04, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
I agree, Rob would definitely prefer to keep Jenna over Rupert, and Amber wanted to take out Rupert several episodes back.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-04, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
RR my dear,

You are forgetting to factor in one simple thing to the mix -- Immunity and whose got it.

If Rupert has Immunity (which I believe he will have):
Rupert/Jenna/Tom could vote out Amber or ROB (It would be Rob)
Rob/Amber/Tom could vote out Jenna (Rupert won't vote for her)
Rupert/Rob/Amber/Jenna could vote out Tom.

If Rob wins Immunity:
Rupert/Jenna/Tom could vote out Amber
Rob/Amber/Tom could vote out Rupert or Jenna (it would be Rupert)
Rob/Amber/Jenna/Rupert could vote out Tom.

IMHO, Tom will be the next survivor voted off.

Scarlett

mom04 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom04 Click to send private message to mom04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
THis discussion is pointless. Remember that Rupert said he doesn't care who goes, as long as its not him. That will hold true this week. Tom is the outsider, he will go, and the Final four will be the 2 couples. THen it will just be a matter of immunity and who gets it! THis is so fun!

05-05-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
Scarlett,
Okay, so it seems the two likely contenders for Immunity this week are Rob or Rupert. It is quite obvious that Tom is an outsider and will be voted out. But let's get back to my original thread about swing votes and how this will come in to play in THIS EPISODE ONLY.

In almost every variation, it seems that Tom will go unless he wins immunity. Then what? This is where the swing vote comes in to play. Will...

1) Romber vote out Jenna or Rupert?
2) Rupenna vote our Rob or Amber?
3) Jenna jump ship and vote with Romber and Tom against Rupe?

Or if Tom does not win Immunity, will Jenna play her "swing vote" card, join Romber and ensure a F3 spot versus a shaky F4 spot?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-04 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

Great analysis of the swing vote, Rae.

Someone had mentioned that immunity could throw a wrench into this mix. I have to say that I disagree with that. Immunity only changes the permutations, but not the swing votes.

The alliances mentioned by Rae are still intact, and it doesn't change because of immunity. The swing votes are still Tom and Jenna.

All of your scenarios show that Rupert is the most vulnerable. Rob and Amber only need either Tom or Jenna, and not necessarily both, in order to vote Rupert out.

The only situation that allows for Rob or Amber to be voted out involves Rupert and Jenna and Tom all working together. The thing that prevents this from being likely are all of the ties that Romber has to each one of them. Rupert and Jenna, on the other hand, have to agree to break their alliances with Romber and have Tom break his alliance.

Now for any of the 3 of Rupert/Jenna/Tom, they can actually benefit a little longer by sticking around with Romber. Jupert can stay till F4 at least, and one definitely makes F3. And Tom can stick around at least one more round if he sticks with Romber. (The problem, though, with any of this is that Romber can vote any of those three out right now, too, meaning that instead of F3, they get booted at F5!)

The best move for R/J/T is to take out Romber now, whichever one doesn't win immunity. Period, dot, end of discussion.

The best move for Romber is to decide who they want to take out, and make sure that they have 2 people in their corner, in case one backs out. So their best move is to get Jupert to take out Tom in case Rupert decides he wants to side with Tom.

It's really not much more than a chess game at this point. Each move creates a different scenario for what is the best next move to make. But that's how I'm calling it for strategy. Not necessarily spoiling, but definitely a strategy discussion.

edit to add:

<<There is the possibility of a 2-2-1 tie vote, but I don't see this as likely at all.>>

While this is a possibility, the second vote will break the tie. The second vote requires voting for one of the two that is tied, and thus the tie is broken. Someone is still a swing vote.

big tom fan 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20tom%20fan Click to send private message to big%20tom%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
john mc if it was 2-2-1 what would the votes most likely be?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jenna and Tom are Swing Votes"
I just don't see it as a possibility. Let's look at all the configurations of winning immunity:

Rob wins IC:

Rob - Tom or Rupert
Amber - Tom or Rupert
Rupert - Tom
Jenna - Tom
Tom - Rupert

Amber wins IC:

Rob - Tom or Rupert
Amber - Tom or Rupert
Rupert - Tom or Rob
Jenna - Tom or Rob
Tom - Rupert or Rob

Rupert wins immunity

Rob - Tom
Amber - Tom
Rupert - Tom or Rob
Jenna - Tom or Rob
Tom - Rob

Jenna wins immunity

Rob - Tom or Rupert
Amber - Tom or Rupert
Rupert - Tom or Rob
Jenna - Tom or Rob or Rupert
Tom - Rob or Rupert

Tom wins immunity:

Rob - Rupert
Amber - Rupert
Rupert - Rob
Jenna - Rob or Rupert
Tom - Rob or Rupert (probably Rupert)

In any case, the girls are definitely safe. And there really isn't even a third person to vote for. It's against smart playing. The guys are targets this time, and the girls need to team up with one of their alliances and vote along with them. Anything else is just stupid.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •