The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-09-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8"

Commercial opens with a shot of Millie&Chuck, Ricin&Chip all running...

more running

Millie gives us the quote... something about pushing her head down... hmmm.

Bloody Chip, looking up into a carriage.

Jaree telling someone, probably Tian, to shut up. There is Kelly next to her on the train.

Bungee backwards. Is this Kelly's Jon? Pants match, coast does not.

Does anyone read Austrian?

One of the NFL wives getting ready to bungee.

Clowns singing aria from The Marriage of Figaro, an Italian opera, so I'll guess they are still in Italy at this point.

Steve and Dave have taken the wrong train.

At the end of the commercial Kelly and Jon share a kiss in a carriage. So that's not the FF or the Detour.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8 VanQ1 06-09-03 1
 RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8 magic_star 06-09-03 2
 RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8 carencey 06-09-03 3
 Correction: heresy 06-09-03 4
   RE: Correction: magic_star 06-09-03 5
   RE: Correction: TeamJoisey 06-09-03 12
 Where the clowns are rucksack 06-09-03 6
   Great find! magic_star 06-09-03 7
   RE: Where the clowns are carencey 06-09-03 8
   Matches this one, too... IceCat 06-09-03 9
       RE: Matches this one, too... rucksack 06-09-03 10
           RE: Matches this one, too... magic_star 06-09-03 11
               RE: Matches this one, too... AUJoey 06-10-03 13
                   RE: Matches this one, too... carencey 06-10-03 14
                       RE: Matches this one, too... AUJoey 06-10-03 15
                           RE: Matches this one, too... carencey 06-10-03 16
 Kelly and Jon w/ FF?? GTmike 06-11-03 17
   RE: Kelly and Jon w/ FF?? magic_star 06-11-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-09-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8"
Great work again TeamJoisey! Thanks. But I think one correction to your captions, in the last image, you said it is not the FF or the detour. It could be a detour where teams choose between 2 different ways of navigation. I think you may have meant it isnt a Roadblock where only one person performs the task (eg the Mask challenge).
I love that rather 'ugly' shot of Millie, she is to me the evil player of AR4.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-09-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8"
Thanks for the vid caps Joisey!

That is Kelly's Jon. In one of the earlier pictures, he has the same yellow coat on in the train.

The Danau Turm is just simply the tower. There are also restauraunts up there.
http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/5192/donauturm.html

Some of the stuff has also been confirmed in this thread...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/514.shtml

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-09-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep.3 commercial shown 6/8"
Ooh, these are nifty. Donauturm was identified earlier as the bungee tower, but if ya want the translation it's just 'Danube Tower'.
What interests me--that mustardy yellow color is almost ubiquitous on buildings in Austria and Germany, but the building behind Jon and Al is almost certainly in Austria and may be identifiable--more so than in the Chip shot. (1, the snow, 2, the architecture). That may be the clue in their hands, and maybe they just LOVE bungee jumping. I doubt it means much, but which aria?

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-09-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Correction:"
The Marriage of Figaro was written by Mozart, an Austrian composer, so the clowns are probably singing in Austria at this point. They could also be in Seville, Spain (where the opera is set), but that would be backtracking.

They wouldn't have performances as two FF in a row, would they?

06-09-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Correction:"
Jon/Al do the bungee jump, so the singing isn't the Fast Forward. I'm just guessing they're having some fun.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-09-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Correction:"

Mea culpa. That's what I get for posting without thinking. Sorry, Amadeus. You deserve to be remembered clearly.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-09-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Where the clowns are"
I think I found a match:

This is Schönbrunn Palace, which is 15 mins outside the city centre and possibly the detour or maybe even the pitstop?

06-09-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
7. "Great find!"
It probably has something to do with the Detour since I doubt they would be singing and have a map in hand at the pit stop. They would probably be rushing if it was the pit stop.

06-09-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Where the clowns are"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-03 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-09-03 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I'm thinking the same, rucksack--I was trying so hard to make it fit Schoenbrunn and I had given up until I saw that picture of Jon and Al. I should have had more faith in the other thread! The image doesn't match exactly, but here's another for paint comparison. http://www.vienna.cc/english/christkindl_schoenbrunn04.htm

Edit to add--Not a perfect match to the Jon/Al shot, but rucksack's image 100% for the Millie/Chuck/Reichen/Chip running shot. They get there at the same time!

I don't know what they'd do there though--they could run up to the Gloriette, which is sort of a gazebo on steroids on a hill...there's also a zoo on the grounds, along with a warm-weather greenhouse kind of thing and a butterfly house. The palace itself is a museum, and there are other historical sites on the grounds. Probably too cold for anything involving the fountains. There is a Christmas market in front of the palace in December, but I don't know if anything's there the rest of the year.
Or they could just walk in and grab the clue. I'm just excited to have AR visit two places I know decently well in a row. Can I have a DAW bonus?

I think the carriage riding must occur a day before the bungee jumping, based on the weather.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-09-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Matches this one, too..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-03 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

This is the photo that MagicStar posted on the other preview thread:

The structures behind the runners are the same as the ones in the red box on the palace photo:

Here is a zoom of the palace photo:

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-09-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
and by watching the CBS preview, the four are running to a clue box, so it is not the pitstop..oh well, it was a long shot anyway.

I am questionning the preview concerning Mille&Chuck and Reichen&Chip...the carriage detour/fastforward/coveted prize looks to me like it takes place along the Ringstrasse (the Ring) which is across town from the palace.

So which comes first? The palace or the carriages?

06-09-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
I think the Palace comes first. That clue probably tells them about the carriage thing, which is even the Detour or FF. I'm pretty sure the Detour is always directly before the Roadblock. The Palace thing most likely would just be a normal task, go here and grab clue.

But it looks like they'll be doing alot of things in Vienna.

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-10-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-03 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

Hey all,

I know I haven't been around here in a while, but when I saw Schonnbrunn palace in the preview, I had to post because I've been there and I had to throw this idea out.

In addition to the zoo and the greenhouse, there's also a very confusing hedge maze on the grounds, and it'd be so cool if this were the roadblock. The maze itself isn't all that huge, but it is very tricky and there are these symbolic male and female stones at the center of it. So my guess is that the bungee is one option of the detour, and the roadblock is the maze at Schonnbrunn. The "gazebo on steroids" that carencey mentioned is a short run up the hill from the maze, so that may likely be the pitstop. It seems like a perfect place for it.

As for the carriages, I have no idea. At first, I thought it might be the other part of the detour, but not if Jon was seen bungeeing and with Kelly in the carriage.

06-10-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
AUJoey, I didn't see the hedge maze myself...did it look like those hedges behind Millie in one of the vidcaps or were they tall?

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-10-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
no, the maze on the Schonnbrunn grounds are made up of very tall hedges...well not very tall, but at least 6 feet or so. In fact, there's a 'viewing tree' at the center of the maze, and if you stand on the platform in the tree, you can see the tops of people's heads as they try to figure out which way to go.

06-10-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Matches this one, too..."
I love the maze idea, AUJoey. If the producers didn't think of it, they should have. Sending racers into the butterfly garden would be sending a bull into a china shop.

Here's my WAG proposal, using everybody's info and Joey's suggestion to not just speculate, but "spectaculate"...

They depart Venice in the early AM (the roadblock for the night before was done by about 5:20 according to Amanda and Chris). Will arrive in Vienna late afternoon/early evening. It gets dark early in Vienna in winter and many tourist attractions close at sunset, thus, a bunch point.
A clue at the bunch point will instruct them to take carriages to Schoenbrunn (or take the fast forward). Limited numbers of carriages spread the group out. There, the detour--either complete the maze or run up to the Gloriette and back, or something to that effect. Once that's completed, a clue will direct them to the Donauturm for the roadblock--bungee jumping.

This is really REALLY hypothetical, but I'm guessing the nasty weather pictures are the earliest photos. The weather has begun to clear by the time R/C and M/C arrive at Schoenbrunn. Lovely weather for the afternoon jumping.

OK, pick it apart!

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-11-03, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Kelly and Jon w/ FF??"
Could Kelly and Jon have gotten the FF? They both are sitting in the carriage very relaxed and kissing (not usually seen while racing). Jon also has something that appears to be green in his hand. The FF actual clues look like the blue clues only the top square has a green background instead of a blue one. Only the FF envelope is distinctly different. If you pause and play to make the CBS video go in slo-mo, you will notice what appears to be a green clue. Maybe someone can possible cap this or check it out as well. They just seem like they just got on the carriage and too calm to be in the middle of the race.

06-11-03, 00:43 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Kelly and Jon w/ FF??"
The only problem with that is Jon is seen bungee jumping.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •