Usually I nail the episodes...but I must admit I got this one wrong. I thought Greg would be the medivac and the "Thanks for the Souvenier" would be a Colton blindside. At least Colton's out of the game. Other than the medivac it was a pretty horrible episode...unless you get a charge out of bullying or kicking someone when they're down.
1) KIM (9,5,4,7,1) - Not a whole lot doing for her this episode but because no one did anything above average to take the top spot she stays here mostly out of default. She did rack up some confessional and TC time though. With the merge official, it'll be interesting to watch her straddle two alliances without getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar. If she can swing it, she'll deserve the million.
2) TROY (5,4,2,2,2) - While everyone was beating their brains trying to guess the "backyard game" for the RC, we hear Troy in a confessional indicate it really doesn't matter because they are misfits and we'll kick their a$$es anyway. HaHa, great stuff. Easily the best narrator this season. I was ready to give him the top spot after delivering the winning shot at the RC, but talking smack to the losers they just beat keeps him here.
3) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4) - Decent confessional time, and with her concern about the women getting picked off, she appears to set the stage to resume the Battle of the Sexes after the merge. But I hope the HS teacher sends Alicia to "detention" (aka Losers Lounge) more sooner than later.
4) JAY (3,7,3,3,4) - It's hard to call "firestarter" Jay (arguably has the most survival skills of anyone in the game) and someone who is a solid force in every challenge a "coattail rider," but if he doesn't pick it up, I might have to see Michel halfway on this one. I'll give him one more episode, and if he doesn't make a positive game move, I'll have to drop him from my top four.
5) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9) - Talk about a complete 180! She goes from Ep. 1 when she tells the B!tchy Hag to shut-up at TC, to Ep. 6 when she swallows more than anyone should have to take. Would have liked to seen her stand up a little more for herself, but she moves up for her gameplay that would have sent Alicia home if NuManono had to vote someone out at TC after Colton's medivac. Some will say her caretaking of Colton was just strategic, but I think she was genuinely concerned. The Bad News--she goes into the merge with Jonas and Leif and not much more. The Good News--if my math is right and she's on the Jury we'll get to see her every episode walking into TC looking great.
6) JONAS (13,6,5,8,10) - With Colton out of the picture we got to see flashes of a possible gameplay from our marshmellow. Glad to see he was on board with Christina to boot Alicia. I could see him advancing far in the game, but does he have what it takes to put himself in a position to win? I dunno.
7) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5) - Do I dare say Chelsea is Jonas with boobs??? OK, even I admit that's a bit extreme. lol But point being, if she doesn't put herself in a good position to win (other than accepting Kim's invitation as her tag-along,) she'll go down as just another player with a good game for advancing but not a realistic chance of winning.
8) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11) - Simple man, simple mind. Just because you're a little man doesn't mean you have to have a little "set." You wouldn't be lamenting about being between two hard places if you had any nads. Too bad, because I still think he's generally a nice guy. Although I do get a kick out of the wooden crate he's using as a makeshift bed and watching him scramble up the steps in the RC was amusing.
9) MICHAEL (7,11,9,9,8) - Who would have thought the first big move of the season (stealing the women's supplies minutes after Jeff says, "Game On") would be his ONLY big move thus far in the game. Perhaps that's why my disappointment level is higher for this guy. Women deserve eye-candy as much as men, but other than that it'll be good riddance when he's out.
10) KAT (12,14,12,11,12) -I'm sure all the Ernest Hemingway's and Robert Frost's on these Boards will be tapping into their streams of consciousness and searching for symbolism with her dream about being a mallrat murdered by Alicia. But I'm an "on the surface" type of guy so I'll say it straight---Kat is an airheaded bimbo. It's comical enough not knowing what appendicitis is, but the first "backyard game" she comes up with is "TIC-TAC-TOE???" AHHHH Yes...I can remember growing up and my sisters and I being bummed out on a rainy Saturday afternoon when we couldn't go out in our backyard and play...TIC-TAC-TOE?" **snort** If I didn't believe in the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss," I'd rank Kat dead last.
11) GREG (11,12,15,14,13) - As I mentioned last week, the only good thing about Greg still in the game is we'll probably get to see him on the Jury at FTC. Just the mere notion of considering Alicia over Christina shows his inability to judge character mirrors his inability to remember names. At this point the men should allow the Christina-Alicia catfight to create disarray among the women and possibily give the men the numbers and control of the game. But the preview suggests differently with Greg flapping his fat mouth which may allow the opposite to occur.
12) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7) - Her treatment of Christina was nothing short of despicable. Jonas has his nose up Colton's butt for two weeks; you're stroking him like a lapdog for only three days, and you think YOU'RE more deserving of the HII?! Although that sense of entitlement is not surprising because Alicia is the kind of teacher who would probably be more concerned about her tenure than the care she should be providing her special ed students. Speaking of which, if she doesn't have tenure, you wonder if she has a job when she gets back home. And if she does, I can't imagine how she'll be able to face those kids in the classroom.
MEDIVAC) COLTON (15,15,10,13,6) - The episode title left little doubt in my mind this would be his last episode. What sucks about a medivac is he will continue to live with the delusional idea that he could have "ran the game." A blindside would have nixed that notion. The only morsal of credit I'll throw him is properly thanking Sabrina for the HII because he never gets this far without it. What's sad is he'll probably get invited back for another season. If/when that happens, I hope more fans follow my lead and refuse to watch a season with returning players.