The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wildcard Candidates!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wildcard Candidates!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

It only shows which group does it better...

Who do you think will advance to the Final 12?

Wildcard Contestants

GROUP 1
Jennifer Hudson
Marque Lynche
Matthew Metzger
Katie Webber

GROUP 2
Lisa Leuschner

GROUP 3
Leah LaBelle
Elizabeth LaTendre
John Peter Lewis
Eric Yoder

GROUP 4
Susan Vulaca
George Huff
Tiara Purifoy

All came from the Top 32...

I want Susan Vulaca, Jennifer Hudson (but hope she doesn't get too emotional again) and Katie Webber.

Edited: Added my bet.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wildcard Candidates! I_AM_HE 03-03-04 1
   RE: Wildcard Candidates! FSUGUY 03-04-04 2
   RE: Wildcard Candidates! Mistral 03-04-04 3
 RE: Wildcard Candidates! Bebo 03-04-04 4
   Did Paula say... TeamJoisey 03-04-04 5
   RE: Wildcard Candidates! FSUGUY 03-04-04 6
       RE: Wildcard Candidates! AMAI 03-04-04 7
       4 cuts? I_AM_HE 03-04-04 8
 RE: Wildcard Candidates! tribephyl 03-05-04 9
   The Battle of the Divas? Goooey_Alley 03-05-04 10
       RE: The Battle of the Divas? pmspml5 03-05-04 11
           RE: The Battle of the Divas? Spidey 03-09-04 12
 Matthew Metzger article buckeyegirl 03-09-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-04, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
Lisa and Jennifer definitely, they are in my top 4 with Amy and Latoya...WILL either make it? probably not

Katie and Suzy would be my next two, but I wouldn't mind George or even Jon Peter.

I think the judges WILL advance Leah and Matthew (blech to both) ... the only ones worse than those 2 in this group are Marque and Elizabeth

- RMMNW!!!

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
I thought America votes in the last 4......not the judges this year. or did I mishear Seacrest?

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
I'd be just as happy if all the wildcards were from group 1, but I have said this elsewhere....

I agree with you that they will probably advance Leah (and I agree with bleah!) but I think Jennifer stands a good chance if she picks a song that showcases the power of her voice rather than "Imagine." Same with Marque, I think he has a strong voice but needs a better song choice. Obviously, those are my top 2 wildcards; acutally Jennifer was my favorite going into the competition.

I still would like to see Katie, and Matt from group 1 was better than any of the other wildcard guys. Wouldn't mind seeing Suzy or Lisa, but the rest of the pack....yikes!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
We're only going to see 8 of these contestants next week - 4 of them will be weeded out during rehearsals, according to Paula Abdul's report on Entertainment Tonight.

My opinions on the list? Not a single surprise.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-04-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Did Paula say..."
Beebs,

Did Paula say how the remaining finalists will be chosen? Last year the voters put Clay into the finals, and the judges each selected a finalist(Carmen... blehh!).

I don't remember the judges sending people to the wild card show, however.

The question is: Will the judges be naming finalists, or will the voters fill the last four spots from among these 12?

If the judges no longer have the opportunity to name finalists we will not see any of the people who failed to make the final 32, or any of the final 32 who failed to make the wildcard show.

And alas, no Willie.

Free Willy Hung!

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
here's Paula's quote:

"We will watch them towards the end of this week rehearse and we will only invite eight back to sing. So four will be told not even to sing. That's going to be a little bit tough -- very tough, actually. Then, as in the past, America will get to pick a wild card and each judge -- Randy, Simon and I -- each get to pick our own."

Now my question.....why have a 1.5 hour show then (per fox.com)?

wait I know....more stinking commercials!!!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-04-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
Now my question.....why have a 1.5 hour show then (per fox.com)?

wait I know....more stinking commercials!!!

And more Ryan Seaquest

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "4 cuts?"
my guesses are Elizabeth, Marque, Katie and Tiara (Jon Peter and Eric as alternates for cut-ee)

as I said above, I WISH they'd cut Mumblin' Matt and Lamentable Leah in addition to Elizabeth and Marque, but I don't think we'll have any such luck

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 05:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wildcard Candidates!"
1. Fantasia Barrino
2. Diana DeGarmo
3. Camile Velasco
4. Matthew Rogers
5. LaToya London
6. Amy Adams
7. John Stevens
8. Jasmine Trias
Considering the obvious gender difference, 6 females 2 males. I think the wildcard spots will be pointedly male biased. To kinda even it out.

4 spots left: My guesses.
Jennifer Hudson (or that Yodel kid.)
Matthew Metzger
John Peter Lewis
George Huff

Making the gender split even or close. 6 f vs. 6 m or 7 f vs. 5 m.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "The Battle of the Divas?"
I had a feelin' there will be more ladies than I expected. It seems that the guys have been out-talented by the gals this season.

Matthew Metzger - just an eye-candy and great appeal.
George Huff - best male voice in the competition.
Jon Peter Lewis - I don't know what this guy has but it seems he had a huge fanbase.
Marque Lynche - great voice but lack spark in the last performance.

If it comes to America's choice and Paula's choice, the men had the higher chance. Probably, I see Simon and Randy choosing another 2 ladies for the Final 12.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-05-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Battle of the Divas?"
My predictions:

Leah will be in the 8 that perform, she will not be voted by the public and Simon/Randy will put her in as their choice.

the other three will be males.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Battle of the Divas?"
Agree. Heaven forbid America votes through a female NOT Leah. Then the judges have to choose between their precious Leah and evening out the genders.

I like Marque and Eric Yoder (ok, and Matthew for eye candy reasons), but I think it'll be hobbit-boy John and George (who is good, but doesn't excite me).

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Matthew Metzger article "
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but here's an article from the Dayton Daily news about Matthew:
American Idol judge Simon Cowell, known for his scathing criticism of contestants, is on the record as actually liking Matthew Metzger.

Dayton Daily News article Matthew Metzger

Oxford's Matthew Metzger gets second shot at fame
by Laura Dempsey

After messing up a bit during one performance, Metzger said Cowell stopped him and said, "Matthew, we've gotten to know you, and we like you."

Metzger, 23, of Oxford, failed to get the votes needed to make the cut during his performance in the semifinal round on Feb. 10. He came in a close third, which he and his supporters hoped would be influential enough to land him one of 12 "wild card" spots.

"I wasn't that confident," said Metzger, calling last week from Hollywood, where the American Idol machine was prepping him and the 11 other wild cards for Tuesday's show. "They didn't call until Sunday (Feb. 29)."

Metzger's tall, wholesome good looks and stage presence served him well during the Feb. 10 performance of Walking in Memphis, which judges Cowell and Paula Abdul praised. The third judge, Randy Jackson, wasn't as positive, but Metzger is ready to try to make it 3-for-3 during Tuesday's show, in which he'll perform a song chosen, he said, from among several he tried.

"We run through some choices and decide which one works best," he said. "It's all our decision, though."

After Tuesday's performances by the 12 wild cards, viewers can vote for their favorite by calling the show's hot lines. One will move to the finals, along with three others chosen by the judges.

Metzger was one of the top 48 contestants in last season's American Idol (this season is the show's third), and his close call — he sang Isn't She Lovely — spurred him to try again.

"I got so close," he said, "I thought, 'I just gotta give this another go.' "

He tried out in Atlanta, securing his line number before crashing at a friend's house.

"I was able to sleep while a lot of the others trying out had to wait outside," he said.

The Fox network goes out of its way to ensure contestants' comfort, Metzger said, flying out family members for the tapings and providing counselors to help everybody handle the highly stressed environment. Tuesday's performance will be seen by millions of viewers, but Metzger says that because he can't see them, it's no big deal.

"If I were in an arena or something, I'd be freaking out like crazy," he said, laughing.

Metzger was born in Peoria, Ill., and moved to Hudson, Ohio, at a young age. He attended Miami University, graduating with a degree in marketing last year. He's always been a singer, performing in choirs and in glee clubs — at one point, he even shared a stage with one of his idols, Harry Connick Jr.

His fiancee, Natalie Witwer, is a Miami senior and Miss Ohio 2002. She was there for his third-place finish. School will prevent her from being at Tuesday's show, but if Metzger makes it through to the final round of 12, she'll fly out for much needed, and much appreciated, support.

Witwer's paternal grandparents, Norman and Helen, live in Friendship Village, a retirement community in Trotwood, one of a few places in the country where the American Idol is just another young people's television show.

The Witwers acted to change that, enlisting the help of a neighbor to print posters with Matt and Natalie's engagement picture and the date and time of Metzger's appearance.

"We ask them to watch, and that we'd appreciate their vote," Mrs. Witwer said. "It's not a familiar show for most people at Friendship. I don't think I would ever have known about it had it not been for Matt."

Natalie plays piano "beautifully," her grandmother said, "and she's performed here a couple of times, so people have gotten to know her. We knew Matthew was a singer almost from the beginning . . . I think he composes, too.

"He's such a wonderful guy!"

"I truly appreciate all the support being shown from the people I meet," Metzger said. "I'm still always surprised."

He's no doubt surprised, too, about the Internet sites that have sprung up around him, with message board and chat rooms buzzing with words such as "hunk" and "dreamy" and "gorgeous eyes, beautiful smile." Sometimes he's known as "Ohio boy," which is fine with him.

"When people (in Hollywood) hear I'm from Ohio, sometimes they get this look like it's something bad," he said. "But I love being from the Midwest — we're just down-to-earth."

Ohio will be watching Tuesday, certainly in Oxford and Hudson and at Friendship Village, where the proud soon-to-be grandparents-in-law hope to rally the votes.

"It's gotten a lot of people in here interested," Mrs. Witwer said. "Since they know Natalie, they are very interested, and interest — that's what we need at this age!"

American Idol's wild-card round, featuring Matthew Metzger of Oxford, goes from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday on channels 45 and 19. Voting takes place for two hours following the show.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •