The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""

Rupert and Jenna are shocked to realize Rob is standing right behind them during a private strategy session.

One All-Star fuels a fiery fight between two tribemates.

As Tribal Council looms, the five remaining All-Stars feel targets on their backs. Who will be voted off, and who will make it to the Final Four?

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? - Randal, Clerks

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... sirius 04-30-04 1
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... Flowerpower 04-30-04 2
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... cdlafl 04-30-04 3
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... babalouie 04-30-04 4
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... cdlafl 04-30-04 5
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... smrtNsassybnkr 04-30-04 6
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... butthunder 04-30-04 7
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... lizzmac 05-03-04 8
   S4, Ep 10: The Princess Brownroach 05-04-04 9
       Thanks BR! lizzmac 05-04-04 10
           RE: Thanks BR! bdemoney 05-04-04 11
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... kykate 05-04-04 12
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... Loquatrix 05-04-04 13
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... Brownroach 05-04-04 14
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... mom04 05-04-04 15
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The ... udg 05-05-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sirius 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-04, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sirius Click to send private message to sirius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
I still see Tom as next on chopping lock. This has to be a Rupert wins Immunity week.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
Rupert and Jenna are shocked to realize Rob is standing right behind them during a private strategy session.
Time to see Rupert and Jenna get a little paranoid and set Rupert up to be "the instigator"

One All-Star fuels a fiery fight between two tribemates.
This will be Rupert going to Tom saying, "Tell him you came to me and wanted to vote off Rob"....forcing Tom to own up to it, thus igniting a fight between Tommy and Robfadda....hmmmm, wonder who will lose that one?

As Tribal Council looms, the five remaining All-Stars feel targets on thier backs. Who will be voted off, and who will make it to the final four?

Definately see Rupert winning immunity this week, or else his A$$ would be history....would LOVE to see ole bossy, know it all Jenna get the boot, but that's not gonna happen as she's such a loser at challenges, so, so long survivor Tommy boy!

cdlafl 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cdlafl Click to send private message to cdlafl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
i think rupert said to tom, "did you or did you not tell me you wanted to vote off rob"...i dont think tom and rob will get into it...we are seeing the "fiery fight" between tom and rupert...i think rob hears rupert and jenna talking and rob instigates the fight between rupert and tom AFTER rupert wins immunity...i think at this point, he (rob) would have carried tom over rupert, but he won't have a choice...the only way to save himself is to axe old Tom

babalouie 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babalouie Click to send private message to babalouie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
I'm not so sure. because Rob goes to Amber and says something like "We're in trouble". Who else would he refer to but Tom/Rupert?

cdlafl 26 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cdlafl Click to send private message to cdlafl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
which is why he instigates the fight b/w tom and rupert...to move ruperts target from him to tom...

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-30-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
In the web preview Rob says "I instigated a fight between Tom and Rupert". Rob is the instigator.

butthunder 25 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail butthunder Click to send private message to butthunder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
From the previews it seems that Rupert, Tom and Rob are all on edge. Is it out of the question to think that maybe Jenna or Amber win immunity? Just a thought.

After last night's episode my first thought was, if Rupert didn't win immunity, he is gone.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
It always makes me nervous when the title of the episode clearly refers to one individual - i.e., does that mean they're out?

With the clips, it's now apparent that Rob is the instigator. I've been pretty firm in believing he makes at least F3, but the fact that title refers to him makes me wonder.

My poor little peabrain cannot hold the encyclopedic knowledge some of y'all have about past seasons - can anyone provide an example of someone being referred to in the title who was safe??

Lizzmac

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "S4, Ep 10: The Princess"
Here you go:

This was the episode where Paschal won the yacht reward and took Neleh. They had a big dinner, Neleh got all clean and shampooed, and she also had the foresight to smuggle back a mint in her mouth to divide between the other castaways.

The tribemates got annoyed later when she sat around the camp staring at her clean toes and generally acting like a princess. Sean said that offering the mint was like offering a piece of dog doo.

This was the beginning of the negative edit for Neleh. She did not get voted off in this episode however, Tammy did.

So there is at least one precedent for the episode-title person to stick around.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Thanks BR!"
I appreciate your effort in bringing that to light.

I still do wonder, though - "the instigator" has somewhat negative connotations for me, "the princess" not so much so.

Thanks again,

Lizzmac

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thanks BR!"
For what it's worth the episode entitle "Sorry I blew it" this season clearly referred to Ethan yet Colby was the one voted off.

It was not a clear cut case of being called an 'instigator' or a 'princess' but it was definitely negative in connotation and was clearly referring to Ethan.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
VO: Survivor week kicks off CBS Thursday with an All Star shocker.
Rob: I instigated Big Tom to fight with Rupert.
Rupert: You've been talking about getting rid of everybody.
VO: It's a mad dash to make the final 4.
Jenna: It's insane.
VO: Alliances crumble.
Tom: <speaking to Rob> You marked yourself every time you won.
VO: And friendships fall apart.
Rupert: Paranoia will destroy ya.
VO: Then on Sunday it's the Season Finale and Live Reunion show with a surprise so big it will stun everyone. We guarantee it.
Jenna: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
VO: Who will be the ultimate All Star?

Maybe (and this flies in the face of Snewser and Clown, but kind of goes along with VerucaSalt) there could be another scenario.

Rob overhears Rupert and Jenna talking and let's assume they are talking about overthrowing Rob. Rob tells Amber "we might(could) be in trouble". Rob attempts to instigate a fight between Tom and Rupert.

When Tom and Rupert confront each other, Rupert brings up what he and Jenna have discussed - getting rid of Rob. When Tom doesn't immediately take to this, Rupert says "Did you or did you not tell me we should take out Rob" - not once, but at least 2-3 times. If they decide to knock off Rob, at some point Tom tells Rob he marked himself every time he won.

OTOH, Tom could make this statement to Rob if/when Rob questions him about Rupert and Jenna's plan.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
So there's a vidcap of Rob smirking, intermingled with ones of Rupert and Tom going at their fight. I am presuming that this means Rob is standing there spectating while Rupert and Tom argue.

Certainly Rupert's emphatic repetition of the "Did you or did you not..." line leads me to believe that he's being particularly vigorous about it for Rob's benefit -- so as to ensure Rob goes away from the Tom/Rupert scene with the clear knowledge that overthrowing Rob was Tom's idea. I don't know whether Rupert would have quite such a ruckus with Tom if there wasn't an important audience. I don't think either of those guys would get quite so loud if they were talking privately between themselves. I think Rob is there, and both Rupert and Tom get loud with each other in defence of themselves in front of Rob.

(Hey, maybe someone already posted this, and everyone is agreed. ::grin:: Oh well, it's just occurring to me now, so I'm having a ramble about it.)

I'm also thinking that Tom's statement, "You marked yourself every time you won!" is said to Rob while Rupert is there, too. In front of Rob, and to make himself look less guilty, Rupert calls Tom out for suggesting a Rob boot. That's the point at which Tom tells Rob that it must have been obvious that someone would try to take him down at some point -- because Rob painted the target on his own back, by winning all the challenges.

Rupert's "Paranoia will destroy ya" refers to Rob. Rupert is identifying the fact that Rob is afraid for his own safety on the tribe, and is going around all paranoid that someone may be plotting against him, stirring up the dust to see where it settles. Hopefully it foreshadows something interesting like a Rob boot in the near future. There isn't any other kind of "destroy" that is worth anything at this point in the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
That's kind of the way I picture it, trix.

I don't think Rob instigates the fight because he doesn't have immunity; I think the fight happens before the IC. Rather it's because of the conversation he overheard between Rupert and Jenna, which I think will happen near the beginning of the episode ("So now that's Shii Ann's gone, what's our strategy to get to the end?")

Since the fact that Rob overheard Rupert and Jenna's conversation makes Rupert nervous, they must be talking about using someone else to help get rid of Rob -- and that would have to be Tom. So when Jenna is away Rob puts Rupert and Tom on the spot and they are both forced to defend themselves.

mom04 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom04 Click to send private message to mom04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-04 AT 11:32 PM (EST)

Whenever someone is referred to in the title, they get voted off the following week. Example: "Stupid People" - Shi Ann went the next week; "sorry I blew it" - Ethan went the next week.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-04, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 14 "The Instigator""
"I've been bamboozled!" and Rich... Oh, wait.

UDG
Hmmm. That pattern doesn't hold, either!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •