The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 3 Commercial Previews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-08-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 3 Commercial Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-03 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

There are two commercial previews and a special golf preview.

First the short one...

Commercial One

Announcer: "Some Amazing Race teams fight for position...

Picture of Reichen/Chip and Millie/Chuck running on the streets. Chip grabs the clue from the carriage.

...but the Models fight with each other."

Jaree to Tian: "Do me a favor and shut up."
They're on a train with Kelly/Jon. Jaree sits by Kelly, Tian sits by Jon.

*Possible Miami Alliance?, I think this is the new one that's going to form, mentioned in the press release.*

Jon/Al: Singing

Male in light blue shirt, tan pants doing bungee jump.

-----------------------------------------------------

Next, the long one...

Commercial Two

Announcer: "The Amazing Race is on."
Picture of Reichen/Chip and Millie/Chuck running to a clue box.
*This was most likely before the carriage run*

Announcer: "As the teams jockey for position, Millie/Chuck fight for their place...

Picture of Chip grabbing clue from carriage.
Millie says, "I wasn't even going to touch you until you slammed my head back," to Chip.
*There's the title quote, It's Millie!.*

...Announcer continued: While the Models fight with each other."
*Same thing as the last preview, Jaree tells Tian to shut up, they're sitting with Jon/Kelly.*

Announcer: "Bungee jumping could stop some teams in their tracks."
Jon(the one with Kelly) does the bungee jump backwards.
*This was the special way, jumping backwards*
Tian jumps.

Announcer: "Which NFL Wife will take the leap of faith?"
*Bungee jumping is the Roadblock!*
One of them is on the tower, she says "Was one thing I didn't want to do."

Announcer: "The Air-Traffic Controllers are losing their way."
Steve/Dave: "We got off at the wrong train station.

Announcer: "Why are the Circus Clowns singing?"
Jon/Al: Singing

And finally, the golf preview...

Golf Preview

Announcer: "For most teams, bungee jumping is a terrifying challenge...

Either Monica/Sheree with scared face on tower.

Jon jumps down backwards.

Millie coughing in the bungee tower.
*Maybe throwing up? Maybe having another asthma attack? I don't know why Chuck didn't do it.*

...Announcer: But for the Circus Clowns in the competition, they're kind of used to being blasted out of a cannon, it's just another day at the office."

Picture of Jon or Al doing bungee jump.

Millie/Chuck and Reichen/Chip run towards clue box.
Tian/Jaree and Kelly/Jon in train.
--------------------------------
That is all.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thank you, Star! anotherkim 06-08-03 1
 RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews SaphireLady 06-08-03 2
 RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews Bebo 06-10-03 3
 RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews L82LIFE 06-10-03 4
 Commercial with new wording rucksack 06-10-03 5
   RE: Commercial with new wording Serendipity 06-11-03 6
       oops! rucksack 06-11-03 7
       RE: Commercial with new wording carencey 06-12-03 8
       RE: Commercial with new wording carencey 06-12-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Thank you, Star!"
I appreciate your sharing all teh preview info with us. I never watch CBS other than on Survivor and TAR nights, so this keeps me caught up.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--wooo..was gonna pick the quote right anyway .

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-08-03, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews"
Thank you for this, I did not see them.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-03 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

Deleted because I just read Star's excellent analysis - I had speculated that the teams not shown were in trouble.

Bebo, Mistress of the Painfully Obvious and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 3 Commercial Previews"
Thanks for such a descriptive post, Star. Your analysis is dead-on.

I would have voted for the air traffic controllers to go Thursday, but since the commercial shows them being lost, they're probably safe.

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-10-03, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Commercial with new wording"
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-03 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

Just caught an ad on CTV (canadian network) and as Millie is shown having her attack Phil says that "Millie's asthma attack will cause her team to be a train behind".

Talking of trains; there are several possibilites yet all will involve bunching in my opinion, simply because all sights will be closed by then.

Possible trains:
Dep 6:54am -- Arr 6:35pm
Dep 7:54am -- Arr 8:35pm
Dep 8:13am -- Arr 8:35pm
Dep 1:14pm -- Arr 9:02pm

*by the time the first train has arrived the sun has set and we have seen no night shots in previews

I figure one train later shouldn't be that disastrous and the whole Millie&Chuck in trouble thing is misdirection.

**edited to add
The bunching rule above most likely excludes Steve&Dave considering their train arrived in Venice at 8:18am and it could not have taken them more than an hour to find the FF and check into the Pit Stop.
Consequently, they will be able to take either a train the trains either at 8:45pm or midnight and get into Vienna a good twelve hours before the other teams.
Once again showing them in "trouble" because they got off the wrong station in Vienna is also misdirection, since it is not more than a half hour delay for them to get back on track.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-11-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Commercial with new wording"
Think you ought to add Steve and Dave back into your mix, rucksack.

According to the sign at the FF spot, the troop only performed from 2 pm until 5 (I think). Even if Dave/Steve got there right at 2:00, it probably took them at least 20 minutes to dress up, go thru the skit and remove the costumes. The pit stop seems to be quite close, but they're so slow, I would bet on another 20 minutes to reach the boat. That would put them at the pit stop about 2:40.

The Roadblock didn't start until 5 pm, but according to Chris, it only took about 15 minutes, then was about 2 minutes to the pit stop. I, myself, think he's downplaying the time a bit, but even so, that would mean the first teams easily arrived at Citti de Padova by 5:30 p.m. - just 3 hours behind Dave/Steve.

I would guess the speedier ones could eaisly catch up to the "old" guys. (Using quotes because they're only 43 and 46.)

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-11-03, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "oops!"
didn't remember that part of the show, I guess I was too busy yelling at the tv as I begged the guys not to go for the fast forward...

well, my theory is out the window, but I stand behind my vote nonetheless, I still think they will stick around for a few more episodes...

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-12-03, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Commercial with new wording"
Thanks for the heads up Serendipity, I'll go back and check my tape. There will be some revising of my game picks to do tomorrow! I had found another set of train schedules that included a 1 AM or so train that they could have made, but not if they don't leave the pit stop until 2 AM.

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-12-03, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Commercial with new wording"
Sigh. Checked my tape and you are 100% right, Serendipity--2:00 until something. They didn't comment on the delay but when S/D arrived, no one was there and then they showed the players arriving.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •