The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

which 8 would you Like to see in the Wildcard round and which 4 do you WANT to win and which 4 do you think Will actually win.
while it's fresh on everyone's minds. And will/should there be some included that weren't in the top 32?

Top 8 so far:
Diana Youngin'
Fantasia Grey
Matt Rosebowl
Camille Cutie
LaToya Showstopper
Amy Pinkhair
John Sinatra
Jasmin Flowerhair
(doesn't matter anyway, group 4 singers are probably gone early in the finals, and I don't expect a wildcard from them)

The Possible WCs:
George, Susie, Tiara
Jennifer, Leah, Elizabeth, Lisa, JonPeter, Marque, Matt, Katie, Eric
My 4 choices: Jennifer, Lisa, Eric, ??guy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... pmspml5 03-03-04 1
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... I_AM_HE 03-03-04 2
   supplemental I_AM_HE 03-03-04 3
   not too bad I_AM_HE 03-03-04 9
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... johnthemod 03-03-04 4
   RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... johnthemod 03-03-04 12
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... managerr 03-03-04 5
   RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... smiley 03-03-04 6
       RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... ankerdosh 03-03-04 7
           RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... EnglProf 03-03-04 8
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... Ricky 03-03-04 10
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... Mistral 03-03-04 11
   RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... Mistral 03-04-04 13
       RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... pmspml5 03-04-04 14
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... coolflowerpowerman 03-08-04 15
 RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishe... LilNik8 03-10-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-03-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
LOL - I just realized I was having a hard time coming up with 8 for the wild card show - but here goes in no particular order.

Jennifer Hudson
Eric Yoder
George Huff (if he isnt voted in)
John Stevens (if he isnt voted in - 1 more chance)
Jasmine Trias (if not voted in)
Navy Girl
Scooter Girl

Since I'm not sure who gets into from tonight and Paula stated that they are inviting 12 and picking 8 of the twelve to perform - here are my alternates:

Briana Ramirez
Lisa Leuschner
Leah LaBelle

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

from group 1:
Jennifer
Katie

(would have taken either over BOTH Fantasia and Diana)

from group 2:
Lisa (she was robbed! by FAR better than Camille or Matt!)
MAYBE Marissa (she was pretty much equal with Camille IMO)

from group 3:
Eric (just because we need some guys SOMEWHERE)
Jon Peter (ranked him 7th that week, but he does have one of the most interesting voices in the competition. wouldn't mind seeing if he could improve. and again, just to add another guy in the mix)

from group 4:
Suzy (if not voted in, which i'm afraid of with the judges pimping horrible Jasmine)
George or Tiara (if not voted in, although I think one of them will be) or maybe John P. (he certainly wasn't any worse than Jasmine)

Other:
Army Girl

-----------------------
My Ideal Final 12 (in something approaching order starting with favorite, and only including those in the Final 32):
1. Amy (3)
2. Latoya (3)
3. Lisa (2)
4. Jennifer (1)
5. Katie (1)
6. Suzy (4)
7. George (4)
8. Fantasia (1)
9. Tiara (4)
10. Camille (2)
11. Eric (3)
12. Jon Peter (3)

The Top 8 are really the only locks IMO, 9-12 are negotiable
(maybe replace Tiara with John P...then we could have Jon Peter v. John Preater )

NO Matt, NO Diana, NO Jasmine (if she gets through) and BARELY any Camille

- RMMNW!!!

03-03-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "supplemental"
the 4 I WANT to see advance are Lisa, Jennifer, Katie, and Suzy, if she doesn't get the automatic berth.

I THINK I'll be lucky to get 2 of them

fricking Leah and Jasmine (if not voted tonight) will probably get through though..and the judges will probably feel compelled to pick at least 1 guy too, which means no luck for Lisa, Jennifer and Katie

of course, it really doesn't matter, because as I said in week 3, unless the others dramatically improve, the competition is solely between Amy and Latoya

03-03-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
9. "not too bad"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

of the 10 from the 32 i named, 8 made it (and the 2 that didn't were the bottom of those 10)

unfortunately there are already FOUR of the top eight that i don't think should be there (Diana, Matt, and both of the schleps from tonight - John was at least marginally better than his wimpy performance last night, but Jasmine was just as cringe-worthy) <edit> and i'd rather SEVEN of the eight i listed be in the final 12...</edit>

GO Lisa, Jennifer, Katie, and Suzy (in that order)

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Scooter Girl
Matthew M. (1)
Leah (3)
Charly (3)
Jon Peter (3)
Eric Yoder (3)
Elizabeth L. (3)
Marque Lynch (1)

Alt.
Katie (1)
Jennifer (1)
Brianna (2)
Whoever out of Suzy, Jasmine or Jon S. doesn't get through (4)

Please notice that almost all of Week 3 is included, and almost none of weeks 2 and 4.

Top 4:
Scooter Girl (Nicole Tieri)
Matthew M.
Leah
Jon Peter ... or possibly Eric Yoder

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Okay, so I got pretty close, 9 out of 12. Just missed on Scooter Girl (they're not bringing any non 32 back) Charly (7th on my list from week 3) and Brianna (and I understand why they'd pick Lisa over her, she was top 3)

and anyways, I will go ahead and state that I am absolutely sure George, Tiara, and Lisa (the 3 I missed) will NOT get through to the top 12, and quite possibly won't even be performing if they're really cutting four.

GO LEAH, MATTHEW, JON PETER and MARQUE!!!

The wildcard show will be awesome.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
I'm going to assume Jasmine and John S get through tonight as they are leading both the TV Guide and MSNBC polls right now.

Want to See:
============
Army Girl
Scooter Girl
Matthew Metzger
Katie Weber
Marque Lynch
John Peter Lewis
Lisa Wilson
Juanite Barber (From Season 2)

Who I think Will Make it:
=========================
Army Girl
Katie Weber
Lisa Leushcner
Leah Labelle
Matthew Metzger
Marque Lynch
Eric Yoder
John Peter Lewis
George Huff
Michael Keown
Bao Viet Nguyen
The guy that Simon asked "What would you do with the money?"

I think the 4 girls above + Scooter Girl are the only girls that remotely have a chance. It will definitely be male heavy this time.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Who I think Will Make it:
=========================
Army Girl
Katie Weber
Lisa Leushcner
Leah Labelle
Matthew Metzger
Marque Lynch
Eric Yoder
John Peter Lewis
George Huff
Michael Keown
Bao Viet Nguyen
The guy that Simon asked "What would you do with the money?"

Actually I agree with most of this list except for Army girl and Katie Webber. I really hope they do bring back Michael Keown. I think he sang just as well as the other two in his group in California yet he got cut early. Along with Marque I would prefer Erskine from group 1 over John Peter Lewis.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

ankerdosh 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ankerdosh Click to send private message to ankerdosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

How about Shirley Shiva..Sarah Shiva...something like that? from Pasadena...I thought she was good.

Also, Crystal from Hawaii...I don't know why she wasn't put through.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Is there any definitive word on whether wild card picks will really consist of people who didn't make it to the final 32? This seems unlikely, yet given the selection of leftovers now that we've come to the end, who knows who the judges will decide to bring back?

I'd vote for Lisa Leschner (sp)-- maybe she doesn't "look the part" but I don't care about that. I can't see what's coming out of my cd player.

I don't think John S. is going to make it thru tonight-- we'll see, but if not, I'd like to see one of the judges (Simon) put him through just to see if he can pull the pop side out of himself. The voice is there.

I know she doesn't "fit the part" either, but the "large" Hawaiian woman who sang on Monday's "Uncut, Untalented" show had a fantastic voice. She'd even written her own lyrics, and there was talent there in spades. Too bad we're as much about appearance as we are about voice.

I kind of liked the pen salesman hobbit boy. I thought he looked very weird, but his voice was INTERESTING, which is what matters.

Anyway, these are just some random selections.

I think you all can see that I'm not as focused on the importance of the "pop image" as the show seems to be, so take these pics for what they are-- my own preferences.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
None of the wildcards impress me that much.

Diana will win it all, everyone else is just there to make it seem like a competition. When really no one comes close to her.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Wow, it hasn't aired here yet on the Left Coast, but I'm a little surprised John Martin Sinatra got in. Glad in a way because I'd like to see what he can do (after I have forgiven him for butchering Billy Joel!)

Wildcards I'd like to see (in no particular order):

"Unchained Melody" guy....can't think of his name, but he impressed me from the start and he was about 1000% better than about half the people who made it to 32. Or do they only pick for wildcards those in the top 32?

Scooter Girl - just because I think she has more personality than all of them combined. However, I'm not sure her voice is strong enough.

Just about ANYONE from Group 1, namely Marque, Jennifer, Katie, Matt or Erskine. If you ask me, this group got the shaft royally because most of them were better than anyone from the subsequent groups, LaToya excluded.

Heck, even Army Girl I could see.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-04-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
Ha, I will respond to myself....I didn't know they had selected the 12 for wildcard spots already when I wrote that first post.

But, it's easy for me to pick because they had a good representation from my fave Group 1.

Wildcards:

Jennifer
Marque
Katie
Matt

I don't think the others should even be there, with the possible exception of Lisa and Suzy. Why can't we have wildcards from those not chosen to be top 32?

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-04, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
They did last year and the only one who got put through was Carmen Rasputen - and she was just awful. Last year two people who were #3 in the voting didnt get into the wild cards and they had a lot of viewer complaints and accusations about it being fixed.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
My Wildcard Picks:

1) SUSIE VELUCA!!!!

2) lisa

3) george

4) tiara

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-04, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wildcards - Predictions & Wishes"
I wish Charly would have made it I think she deserved a second chance.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •