LAST EDITED ON 02-24-12 AT 10:16 PM (EST)
First off, Aruba, who is Richard??
Secondly, toban, I love the name Cynthia, but there is no one named Cynthia in this cast.
I'm sure we all know who you mean, but you still deserve the razzing.
Definitely a step back from an excellent premier. Other than that, I'll save the episode talk for another thread because my list is long enough without it.
1. Chelsea - She is gorgeous. She is strong. She is level-headed. She is everything I've asked casting to provide for years now. She knew Nina was right, but the first vote is nearly always the "safe" vote. The last thing the women need is a divisive TC. She rightly pushed Sabrina into the leadership role. She is the perfect "loyal" soldier and got the strongest edit before TC. I loved the look on her face when Colton briefly argued with the women over their shelter. If Colton had been a chicken, he would have been dead right there.
2. Sabrina - The edit was all about her, and she had several great lines as there continues to be a lot to like about her. However, what's not to like? How about the fact that since being elected leader her tribe has had at least 3 meetings and zero challenge wins? This includes perhaps the most improbable and embarrassing loss in IC history. She should have taken some of the blame for that loss because thats what LEADERS DO. I did love her handling of Zoltan, and I believe that her uneasy relationship with him will remain a plot throughout this season, much like B-Rob's uneasy relationship with Phillip was a centerpiece two seasons ago. Lastly, fat kids don't need cake. They need exercise. They WANT cake. And careful with the "no one remembers 2nd place" line. Getting quoted saying something like that is a very dangerous thing in this game.
3. Kim - She didn't get a single confessional. However, when it came time to get rid of Zoltan, she was the one who had to do the talking. She was the one Chelsea approached regarding the vote, and I believe she is at the center of not only the 5 girl alliance but also the entire women's tribe. During the IC, she suggested early that Monica take the lead instead of Kat. Unfortunately, neither Monica nor Kat listened. Is Sabrina the true leader? Or only a figurehead that Chelsea, Kim and Kat (they did most the talking) put up there? Kourtney called Kim the leader of the women, and she wasn't even in her alliance. Edit-wise, Chelsea and Sabrina might be stronger right now, but game-wise you can easily argue Kim is winning.
4. Christina - I'm a big fan. She kept her voice. She fought hard in the RC. She proved she is playing the game when she approached Alicia after TC. She also wisely avoided a fight with Kat. She looked great in her second bikini. She struggled during the IC, but got no blame for it. She would appear to be the next in line to go, but I don't see it happening. One more IC loss and the women could very well rethink their alliance, or the women could go on a winning streak. Or a tribal switch could happen.
5. Monica - The camera went to her when Sabrina was nominated as leader, and she was the lone person who obviously considered it a mistake. It is clear she thinks the tribe would be better off if they listened to her, and I have every reason to believe she's right. She tried to lead in both challenges, and the fate of the women, at least embarrassment-wise, would have been a lot different in the IC if they would have let her take charge. She knows where she stands. Unfortunately, she may have already waited too long to change her fate. Needs a tribal switch, bad.
6. Jonas - Still got a confessional, even though that was only to say how smart Zoltan is, which doesn't exactly make Jonas look too smart. His comment about Zoltan having such a wrap on the women that he made Russell look like a "little schoolgirl" was hilarious, but it also may have served to make him look foolish since Zoltan was immediately afterward seen as being rejected by the women. There is no question at this point that Jonas, Zoltan, and Troy have the strongest male edits.
7. Troyzan - Also big on this character. What is up with wearing the eye-black all the time? Hahaha... As radically different as he may be from Zoltan, he was the primary guy that Zoltan presented the HII to, and it was his reaction and Jonas' reaction that we got to see. Also, after the IC win, he was the only guy seen hugging Zoltan. I need more of this guy. By the way, besides PGA pro this guy has one of the best jobs in the world: swimsuit photographer. NICE.
8. Michael - He actually got a stronger edit than most might realize with the most confessionals out of the guys, the actual guys. He appears to be making attempts to make bonds with the women as this is twice now we've seen him have fireside chats with them, even claiming to have kept their fire going while they were gone. Whereas a tribal switch would likely doom Matt, it might actually be okay for Michael.
9. Leif - The confessional deficient, but he gave the guys a big early edge in the IC. And he was shown during all the key moments.
10. Bill - No play other than filling Jeff's role for a moment. Was that an attempt at an English accent? Odd.
11. Jay - His edit went up in smoke like the fire he made. Could be the victim of a tribal switch or the second choice of the Misfits. Needs a rebound. If I looked like him, I'd be working the women. Didn't he say he was going to make an alliance with women in the pre-interviews? Fool.
12. Matt - Disappeared. Another guy who has played his hand wrong with the women. Also foolish to believe that having strength protects him. It is men vs. women. The challenges aren't going to involve strength. In trouble. But he won two challenges, that puts him above the final women.
13. Greg - Casting's fault he's there. Production's fault for showing him. No fault of his own.
14. Kitty Kat - Saved herself in the first 30 minutes of the game by bonding with the right women. Did so poorly in the IC that she could be a target if the women lost again. Comments in TC painted her as a spoiled brat who lives a sheltered life: just your typical American attractive 22 year old. And remember, kids like her get to vote.
15. Zoltan - He's lingering down here after his nearly unwatchable breakdown with the women, and he's done more to alienate himself than any Survivor in history. Is heterophobe a word? It should be. Homophobe wasn't a word 15 years ago either. Dude has serious issues and desperately needs a therapist. This episode certainly reminded me of last season and dealing with Brandon's neurotic issues right off the bat. Apparently, one's sexual preference is a reason to do ZERO work. Regardless, I am ready to start moving this guy up in future weeks if he can get out of his own way because he IS good TV. The funny thing is the Misfits don't even need his HII. They have the numbers. They only need his vote.
16. Alicia - Not since that Nay-byotch have we seen anyone try so hard to be the villain, which is the easiest way to grab a piece of the edit. Apparently saying she would let Christina drown isn't good enough because she got zero face time after that comment. However, it is good enough to be at the bottom of my list. CONGRATS.
OVER AND OUT
Kourtney - Alas on many levels.
Nina - The INFAMOUS older lady 2nd boot. Some things in Survivor never change. She and Monica should have tried from the get go to be more forceful. It isn't like it would have hurt their chances.
BTW, with Nina gone, the women now have the most attractive 7 person tribe in Survivor history. Props to casting for that anyway.