We followed up what I thought was an above average premeir with a subpar second episode. Made this week's ranking more of a challenge for me...
1) SABRINA (1) - ...but no challenge here. Most obvious choice to lead Salani. Usually a kiss of death in this game, but I don't see that happening with Sabrina. From calling the bimbos on her tribe "airheads," to Colton being a "virus," to telling us "fat kids need cake," and finally dismissing the need for a Pom-Pom Girl, there's not much to dislike with this castaway.
2) CHRISTINA (6) - A mature move to try to smooth things out with Alicia even though the b!tchy hag was at fault. Smart enough to know sometimes a slice of humble pie can buy you at least a few more episodes. Also props for not biting on Kat's bait to create another TC fight hoping to put the focus back on Christina.
3) LEIF (4) - I know, he wouldn't be this high if he wasn't a midgetman. But because I'm struggling with this portion of the list, the underdog role still scores points with me. And he did give the men a positive start in the IC.
4) TROY (5) - If there was EVER a time to create a scene to take ownership of the "Tarzan" title it was when Greg was making an embarrasing A$$ of himself with his Tarzan dance. But to Troy's credit he stayed put and kept his mouth shut. Also got a kick out of him flat our asking Colton, "Who gave you the idol?"
5) KIM (9) - Sabrina is the chosen leader, but I could see Kim as the silent leader. If boobies really were a disadvantage in the IC, then why not have Kim go first???
6) JONAS (13) - Last week everyone ranked Jonas high except for me, so I made it a point to look at him more closely this time. The main reason I ranked him low last week is because a bear in hibernation shows more enthusiasm than Jonas, and when I look at him I think of a marshmellow. He did show excitement jumping for joy after the RC win, thus the higher ranking here; but the "Bro's" soft, slow, methodical voice puts me to sleep. If he was a Shaolin Priest sitting in a Kung Fu Monestary he'd have my attention; as a sushi chef sitting on the set of Survivor, I dunno...I'm just not totally feeling it yet.
7) JAY (3) - Did anyone see Jay this episode? I hardly did; so I have to put him here for this week.
8) CHELSEA (2) - Damn Girl, had to drop you and I didn't want to. Mimicking Colton's gay hand movements when he came bellycrawling to your camp had you as a solid #2, but it went downhill after that. Blaming the IC loss on--Boobs??? Get real, Country Gal. Kat's boobs aren't any larger than Monica's.
9) MONICA (9) - Wanted to move her up for her performance in the IC, but what's going on with her vote (Christina) at TC? Clearly appears to be out of the loop. If a tribal switch doesn't come soon, her days could be numbered.
10) BILL (10) - Got some screen time this episode, but still don't see where he fits...other than 4th wheel on a 4-man alliance in a 9-man tribe. Good Luck.
11) RICHARD (7) - Even though he sat out of the RC, he provided the most memorable moment of the RC by hoisting Leif into the air to celebrate the Manono win. Otherwise, not much else happened for him in this episode.
12) GREG (11) - Reading Jeff's preseason assessment on Greg he said he gave Greg the following advice: If you let the others know you are a smart doctor, you'll be your own worst enemy. I suppose he took Jeff's advice because he could not have gone anymore out of the way to look like a complete horse's A$$ with his disturbing Tarzan dance.
13) MATT (17) - Must have been hanging with Jay this episode because not much happening with him either. So addition by subtraction explains his higher ranking this week.
14) KAT (12) - Calling her a "fish out of water" last week I can understand her urge to jump into the ocean...BUT NOT WHEN IT COSTS YOUR TRIBE IMMUNITY! Only reason she's not dead last is because Colton and Alicia are in the cast. Her despair at TC was pitiful. I've seen homeless beggers in NYC Port Authority show less desparation than Kat. I also get sickened when female tears provide sympathy, but in this case I believe Nina was toast before Salani even arrives at TC.
15) COLTON (15) - Friggin HII!!! The Drama Queen is breaking every social Survivor rule in the book and an idol he has no business having will advance him. Sorry Jonas, but showing the misfits "Sabrina's" idol does not make him smart...it was a desparate no-brainer. When WOMEN don't want a gay man around the only way you can rank higher on the Loser Meter is if gay men don't want you around either. And I could see that very easily.
16) ALICIA (16) - Granted it's not as over-the-top as Na'OINKer wanting to strike a one-legged girl by smacking her with her own prosthetic leg, but wanting another person to drown just crystalized what a rotton piece of trash Alicia really is. No doubt we'll probably hear her play the Edit Card or say on the Reunion Show she's a "sweetheart" in real life and was just "playing the game"...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...Blah, Blah, Blah.
BOOTED) NINA (14) - Much has been made of Matt's inability to divide (4 into 9); but if we're still in math class howabout this equation: 5 beautiful women + 1 obnoxious b!tch = 1 oldest female boot. It's a rather common Reality Show equation with the obvious result being Nina's exit.