The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ShiAnn's Big problem"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-23-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ShiAnn's Big problem"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

I think that I am the only person thinking that each of the remaining contestants are playing well. They each have a strategy to get to the end of the game. Most of the strategies will not work, but they all are following a logical game plan.

Tom believes he is in an alliance of 3 with Rob/Amber and that they are putting one over on Jenna/Rupert. His strategy seems to be to knock out SHiAnn and then Rupert and Jenna to get to the final 3. He is doing that without insulting anyone or creating enemies. Once in the Final 3, he hopes to with the last immuniuty challenge. Alternatively, he can give Jenna/Rupert his vote to knock out Rob/Amber once they get to 5.

Rupert/Jenna believe they are part of a final 4 alliance with Rob/Amber and that they have a close 2 person alliance with each other. This is clear from there comments as well as from Ruperts choices when he wins Reward challenges. They also believe they are putting one over on Tom by allowing him to believe he is the final 3 with Ramber. They hope to get rid of SA and Then Tom. Then they seem to hope to want to take on Ramber in the final 4.

Amber/Rob are part of a close 2 person alliance. In fact, they may be the closest alliance since Rudy and Rich. They seem to be unsure of whether they want to take Tom to the Final 3 or Jenna/Rupert to the Final 4, but are allowing each of them to believe that they are lying to the others. Whichever they decide, they want to take each other to the final 2

Even Alicia was persuing a logical strategy. She thought she was part of a 4 person alliance with her original tribe. This has been known to get people to the end of the game. Then she hoped to join with Tom to take on Rob/Amber.

Each of these people have looked at the people they have been living with for a long time and has made up there minds on who to trust and who not to trust. The reason SA can't get anyone to deal with her is that everyone thinks they are already have a plan to get to the end of the game without SA, so they don't need her vote. They have no incentive to break up their existing alliances. None of the remasining contestants (other than SA) believe their head will be on the chopping block if they don't deal with SA. That is SA's big problem and why she hasn't been able to make any deals and probably won't go any further in the game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ShiAnn's Big problem JohnMc 04-23-04 1
 RE: ShiAnn's Big problem true 04-23-04 2
   RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Brownroach 04-23-04 3
       RE: ShiAnn's Big problem true 04-23-04 4
           RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Kokoro 04-23-04 5
       RE: ShiAnn's Big problem esquire 04-23-04 6
           RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Kokoro 04-24-04 7
               RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Loquatrix 04-24-04 8
                   RE: ShiAnn's Big problem JazzyJax 04-25-04 10
                       RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Loquatrix 04-25-04 11
           RE: ShiAnn's Big problem Brownroach 04-26-04 12
               RE: ShiAnn's Big problem esquire 04-26-04 13
                   RE: ShiAnn's Big problem emydi 04-26-04 14
 RE: ShiAnn's Big problem mookiemeister 04-25-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-23-04, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
Rob has played his cards to have a loose alliance with all his tribemates. He even had some "arrangement" with Lex and Kathy, that he denies and ultimately betrayed. The only one he didn't have one with was Shii Ann. So Shii is definitely against a wall.

You listed the following alliances

Rob/Amber
Jenna/Rupert
Rob/Amber/Jenna/Rupert
Rob/Tom
Tom/Rupert

So this little house of cards will fall apart if Shii wins IC again, which I don't think is likely if it is physical.

If so, though, then the odd man out is really Tom. He would have to play his card with either Romber or Jupert PLUS take in Shii Ann in order to stick around.

Without it, though, Shii knows she's a goner.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I think that I am the only person thinking that each of the remaining contestants are playing well. They each have a strategy to get to the end of the game.

Each one of their "strategies" hindges on Rob. Rob is central to each one of them doing well. He's carried them through the entire game, and he dictates where they'll finish. Not much of a strategy if you ask me.

Oh my hen!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
And with Rob comes Amber. So they all have a strategy that negates any possibility of coming in higher than third unless they get extremely lucky.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
Yep, and according to Alicia and Shii Ann, they were all happy with that. (although, Alicia's strategy to "go on her own" doesn't seem much better, nor does Shii Ann's "alienate everyone with annoying behavior" strategy.)

Oh my hen!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-23-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

But how you feel about somebody shouldn't dictate your gameplay with them. I wish "All-Stars" had begun filming ~after~ Pearl Islands had finished showing, when this issue was dealt with and resolved. Hell, in PI, once it got down to six, nobody truly trusted (or liked) anyone else all that much and everyone was still willing to make the sacrifices necessary to get to the end.

I'm most concerned with Tom right now (Partially because I will never expect any strategy to come out of Rupert. Ever.). He needs to make a move ~right now~. If he waits and tries to be the swing vote, as it seems he's going to, he can only be guaranteed 3rd place either way. After voting off the other misfit, he's the only one left without someone to fall back on for a vote. He needs to work with Shii Ann or he'll lose, plain and simple. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

04-23-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
>And with Rob comes Amber.
>So they all have a
>strategy that negates any possibility
>of coming in higher than
>third unless they get extremely
>lucky.

I respectfully disagree. They all have a strategy of getting to the end game with Rob and Amber and then taking them on. Rupert and Jenna expect to get to the final 4 with them and would then trying to beat them. If anyone can beat Rob in a physical challenge, Rupert is the guy. If they get to the final 4 and keep Rob from winning the IC, then Rob would be gone. Even if Rob wins the IC, I would expect R/J would give their 2 votes to Amber and take hope for the best with the purple rock.

Tom seems to be hoping to get to the final 3 and then hopes to win the final IC.

And there is another factor people forget. ALl fo the IC at the end are not physical challenges. They do things like fallen comrades that anyone can win

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-24-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
Even then, Rupert seems to have knowledge that he's 4th, even going to the end with Jenna. Does he believe that she'll sell him out in a tie? Judging by how he's seen her play - probably.

So what's the explanation there? Could it be: "I'm going to stick with my alliance, even if it hurts me." - Rupert

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-24-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I tend to think so, kokoro. But then, I don't think there's a real alternative for Rupert at this point.

I feel like I saw him being fairly sympathetic to Shii Ann in this week's episode, as though there might be a possibility for her to persuade him that he's playing for fourth place and to try something new. But Shii is one of the few people who've beaten Rupert head to head in a challenge, and thus I wouldn't blame him for thinking he has a better chance of beating Jenna in a Final 4/Final 3 immunity challenge than he has of beating Shii.

He's going forward with the "Final 4 then every man for himself" scenario because this is actually an ideal scenario for a player like Rupert. It may well look like he's playing for fourth, but of all the players in the game, Rupert is the one who really does stand a fighting chance of winning those last crucial immunities. As a player of the "straightforward" variety, a plan of action that relies on long-standing alliance promises plus challenge ability, as Rupert's does, is the best possible one for him. There's a comfort level for him with the "honesty" of this approach that I think is key to his ability to focus on the game.

If he can get the immunities, then he's well placed to win the game. If he loses immunity at Final 4, he's out. However, he only has to rely on himself for the outcome of those challenge, which -- for someone like Rupert -- is probably a lot easier to manage, mentally, than the concept of having to negotiate to stay alive.

While Rupert is as flawed as anybody else out there, he's playing the perfect game for him. This is why, if the others are paying attention, they should boot Rupert next week or at 5th place over Shii and Tom. As much as Rombuh don't want to end up with three loose cannons (Shii, Tom, Jenna) who might see the light and boot one of Rombuh whereas Jupert would probably NOT swing against them, I'm not sure the three loose cannons WOULD get together. Tom thinks he's F3 with Rombuh, and so does Jenna. With Shii still around to boot off at 5th, both of them are still on track for that and again it just comes down to immunity at Final 4.

Everyone sticking with their various Rombuh-based plans may be boring for us to watch, but I think any of them would be nuts to change their game plan at this point. That train left the station when they booted Kathy.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I think one of the reasons no one is aligning with she is that she is obviously a loose cannon, they know she will not align with anyone seriously and is playing moment to moment. They were all comparing notes as to Shii's "news" last time, and while it is a good plan to know what is going on behind the scenes, it is not a good plan to be so obviously public about it.

I am truly hoping there is something more solid between Tom and Rupert and that Tom seemed to be "targeting" Rupert last time simply because he was providing a cover to Alicia's boot. Unfortunately, the game is likely to continue along it's predictable path as Snewser's final three is rumoured to be two females and one male. I am sincerely hoping for Snewser having some fun in this case, as it would be a kicker if Rupert and Tom was final 2, but that's just me!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I would love a Rupert and Tom final 2, not just because I have a soft spot for Rupert, but also because it would mean we had NOT actually spoiled the entire season before it even began. I would really love it if MB turns out to have put such a good one over on us. I just don't hold out much hope for that. :/

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I respectfully disagree. They all have a strategy of getting to the end game with Rob and Amber and then taking them on.

Yes, but what I mean, esq, is that Rupert, Tom and Jenna have all attached themselves to two people that they know (or SHOULD know) would never vote each other out. That puts each of them in third place automatically unless they can win the final immunity.

It's stupid to align yourself with an inseparable twosome for the endgame, especially when one is a person like Rob who's been winning most of the challenges. Sure, all the challenges may not be physical, but you can't count on that.

Maybe they really do think there is a possibility Romber would turn on each other. But regardless, they should get rid of one of them pronto.

04-26-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
13. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-04 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

>Yes, but what I mean, esq,
>is that Rupert, Tom and
>Jenna have all attached themselves
>to two people that they
>know (or SHOULD know) would
>never vote each other out.
> That puts each of
>them in third place automatically
>unless they can win the
>final immunity.

As far as Jenna/Rupert are concerned, they seem to think of themselves (or should be thinking of themselves) as an equally strong 2-some. Then when it gets to the final 4, they have just as good a chance as Rob/Amber of being part of a 3-some where they would never vote each other out. Also, the final 4 IC is not necessarily a physical challenge that only Rob can win. I would also add that Rupert performs pretty well at physical challenge and has a chance to beat Rob at it, if the final 4 IC is a physical challenge. This seems a pretty good strategy to me. If they broke up the Rob/Amber alliance, then their alliance would be next target of the remaining contestants.

As far as Tom is concern, he seems to be betting he can win a final 3 immunity challenge. Again it might not be a physical challenge and even if it is, he is a pretty strong guy. He also still has the alternative of being the swing vote when their are 5 left and joining Rupert/Jenna.

Either way, I think that all of them are curerently pursuing logical strategies for the end game. There are no Jans or Ambers (the Australian version) still in the game
>

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I keep thinking that the F4 Immunity Challenge will be straight out of S7 when the jury competed answering questions and the jury won and NO ONE got immunity. Remember the ###es except for Rupert do not know this occurred. Not sure if it would be fair but Survivor is not a FAIR game.

emydi

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ShiAnn's Big problem"
I agree with you completely. Shii-Ann was very angry and bitter after she won the immunity challenge. She thought that she has the control of the game, but she's still the outsider looking in. And her time will come depending on when she looses the immunity necklace. She will be out. I think her inevitable elimination and her powerless to do anything about it... it's what's making her pissed off.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •