The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Metrosexual???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-22-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Metrosexual???"
Maybe I'm old, or married too long, or stuffy but wth does metrosexual mean?? Am I the only one that thinks he is kind of flaky?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Metrosexual??? NorthShoreJane 01-22-04 1
   RE: Metrosexual??? buckeyegirl 01-22-04 2
   RE: Metrosexual??? Loree 01-22-04 4
 RE: Metrosexual??? samboohoo 01-22-04 3
 RE: Metrosexual??? Monicanada 01-22-04 5
   RE: Metrosexual??? Poncho 01-22-04 6
   RE: Metrosexual??? HyperTyper 01-23-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NorthShoreJane 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-22-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthShoreJane Click to send private message to NorthShoreJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Metrosexual???"
>Maybe I'm old, or married too
>long, or stuffy but wth
>does metrosexual mean?? Am
>I the only one that
>thinks he is kind of
>flaky?

Metrosexual.... n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.

I first heard this term years ago in the UK. David Beckham ("The" continent's hottest soccer player) from Manchester United was described as "...metrosexual..." More recently (i.e. last six months) I have heard Ryan Seacrest and Ben Stiller described as such.

I agree that Rick is a bit bizarre. His bright, white teeth reminded me of the "Friends" episode when Ross had his teeth whitened and they 'glowed' under black light. Also, the fact that he said he is not an "outdoorsy" person struck me as interesting because Meredith seems to be. In fact, when Ian asked her on the first episode, she said, "...I'm from Oregon..." implying that yes, she is an outdoorsy gal. Go figure... I can't see him making it past next week.

NSJ

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-22-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Metrosexual???"
Don't feel bad. I just found out what the term meant a couple of weeks ago. I think that the show Queer Eye For The Straight Guy brought into usage here in the states.

-has been known to be wrong about stuff like this

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Metrosexual???"
David Beckham was the first time I heard of this reference too. Then I heard it applied to Ben Affleck and others. What I found odd was that Rick actually called himself that.

Rick and Meredith are not a good pair. As she said, he is more high maitenance than her. I imagine he carries a mirror in his jacket pocket. Hope she boots him soon.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Metrosexual???"
I actually just heard this term this week for the very first time. I was getting a massage from a guy who referred to himself as "metrosexual." I was freaked out for a minute, but he explained that it's a straight guy who people may think is gay when they first meet him.

I'm still undecided on whether he's "metro" or "homo," but he does have great hands.

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Metrosexual???"
I heard this used on an episode of Miss Match a couple of months ago. Basically it's a straight guy who likes to do girl stuff.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-22-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Metrosexual???"
I think Rick needs a girl like Trista!

Poncho

HyperTyper 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-23-04, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HyperTyper Click to send private message to HyperTyper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Metrosexual???"
That's a good way to put it. I hadn't heard of it either until Rick used it. I felt old instantly.

BTW: Did they cancel Miss Match?
BTW: JLo cancelled Ben.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •