The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The answer WAS in the editing!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mlflugg 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mlflugg Click to send private message to mlflugg Click to check IP address of the poster
"The answer WAS in the editing!"
I know that many of you, both here and on the SS boards, have said that the answer to who the winner is was in the editing of the show. It was in front of us the whole time: who got the most airtime? Who was the 'main character'? Richard! I should have seen it coming. Even though I did not like how Richard played the game, he did play it very well.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The answer WAS in the editing! youbetcha 08-24-00 1
 RE: The answer WAS in the editing! bvmillard 08-24-00 2
 RE: The answer WAS in the editing! Irisheyes 08-24-00 3
 RE: The answer WAS in the editing! NTK 08-24-00 4
 RE: The answer WAS in the editing! em027 08-24-00 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

youbetcha 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail youbetcha Click to send private message to youbetcha Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The answer WAS in the editing!"
although youre right, Rich probably did get more airtime than the rest of them, I dont think it was any kind of foreshadowing. I just think they showed him more because he was one of the most interesting people on the show. He always had the best sound bites, and showed a terrific amount of arrogance throughout. It also would have been neat to watch him the whole time talking about winning, then to have him lose. Still, Im glad he won.

bvmillard 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bvmillard Click to send private message to bvmillard Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The answer WAS in the editing!"
I agree. Kelly's deception did her in. At least Rich was honest about how he was playing the game. He did his fair share around camp. Sue was a sore loser, but after she had time to think it over she calmed down. I think Sue was surprised that Kelly did her in. I think Sue & Kelly had a deal from the start, and Kelly backed out at last minute. I think Sue thought Kelly would do Rich in as they planned.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The answer WAS in the editing!"
In the first episode, Rich says, "The million dollar check has my name on it" or something close to that. Joel said, the best clues are in the first episode, guess he was right

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The answer WAS in the editing!"
What was so frustrating was that the answer was also hidden by the editing. It was sure hard to make predictions on the information we were shown. For example, the Sue/Kelly argument must have been a real blowout if it was mentioned by Jeff at Tribal Council, but we only saw a hint of it. And we never saw the scene where Rich runs up to Sue, and they seem to be in a heated discussion.

You had to hand it to them. They did make it interesting. Someone like Joel or Gretchen would have made Kelly work harder for the immunity wins. The story would have been much different and maybe more dramatic. But, they made the most of what they had to work with.

em027 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail em027 Click to send private message to em027 Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The answer WAS in the editing!"
As this is my first post on this board and it being after the show has ended, I can only beg a little latitude that I know I probably don't deserve, but here goes.
I cannot say that I knew, but my gut has been telling me since the merger that Rich was going to win this thing, though I WANTED Rudy to win. The reason is not just what was mentioned, the editing, but also his job. Not that he is a "corporate trainer," but he is self-employed doing just this. Anyone who is an independant consult, as I am, does this 365 days a year. Rich has had years of practive at exactly this game this and you have to be very good even when the stakes are a lot less than $1mm.
At every customer I form an alliance with the people I will be dealing with, I know whose mind I am never going to change, who is in the middle. I do what I am there to do as best I can, sometimes more, but not always. What CBS did was stack the deck, I was hoping it would backfire on them, that their guy wasn't as good as he was, but he is a professional and he showed it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •