The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-19-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do we have the challenges backwards?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-04 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

Something here does not make sense.

We have an endurance IC and a RC involving questions about the Survivors. There is lots of discussion about SA winning the IC. However, SA has shown little or no ability in physical immunities. I would have no problem believing she could win the questions challenge. Does anyone else think the CBS ad might be wrong and therefore the RC is the endurance challenge and the IC is the one with the questions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do we have the challenges backw... J Slice 04-19-04 1
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... ulalame 04-20-04 13
 RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Loree 04-19-04 2
 RE: Do we have the challenges backw... emydi 04-19-04 3
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... esquire 04-19-04 5
 RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Brownroach 04-19-04 4
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... VerucaSalt 04-19-04 6
       RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Brownroach 04-19-04 7
           RE: Do we have the challenges backw... RyrieRae 04-19-04 8
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... udg 04-19-04 9
       RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Brownroach 04-19-04 10
           RE: Do we have the challenges backw... udg 04-19-04 11
       RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Bebo 04-19-04 12
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... Lisapooh 04-20-04 14
 RE: Do we have the challenges backw... fletcherdt 04-20-04 15
   RE: Do we have the challenges backw... esquire 04-20-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"

Just remember- the small and "weak" have less meaty arms to hold up for extended periods of time. Remember T-bird?

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule - Randall, Clerks

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-20-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
You are right -- in many of the balancing, hold your hand on the idol-type challenges, women have won -- look at Mama-Kim from Africa, beating out two men in her final, JennaM in S6, and Neleh in S4. All of those competitions were similar to this one, especially JennaM's, where they had to hold their arms over their heads. In that one she beat out two guys, as well. I think this is one of the few challenges that Shii could win, based upon similar challenges in other episodes and how well women have done in the past.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Shii Ann would never win the question challenge. It is all about knocking each other out of the game by breaking the mask of the person you want out of the game. If this was for immunity. Everyone would go after Shii Ann since she is the outsider. Normally a very safe person wins this challenge. In otherwords someone that doesn't need it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-04 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

The II necklace is next to Jeff here at the Hold your hand or get hit with Water challenge

eta this vcap right after the above

emydi

04-19-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
OK, thats pretty convincing. A picture can be more powerful than a thousand words.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
True, Shii Ann sucks at everything, but all she has to do here is stand still. This is the kind of challenge that someone desperate for immunity can succeed at with some focus and resolve.

I'd give Shii Ann and Amber the best shots at winning this. Jenna and Alicia have been inept in almost every challenge; they never seem focused. (Plus, I just don't see Alicia thinking that she needs immunity -- she's in her own little world.)

Rob, Rupert and Tom all do well in actively physical challenges, but I could see them getting impatient with standing still pretty quickly.

Amber has shown the kind of determination it would take to win this. But Shii Ann *knows* she can't fall down on this one, so I don't see her giving up.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-19-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"

"....feel energized.... makes me want to win....." "....if all this alliance talk is true, than I am the next to go but I'm a survivor so I am going to fight" "......it comes down to winning immunity and not going down without a fight"

04-19-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
That, plus the way they focused on her during the challenge, especially trying to beat Rob at the end and looking pissed at losing out. I was convinced we were being set up for her to actually win this week.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
What is the track record of others at Endurance Challenges from the past? At this point, I would say that Rupert is Shii-Ann's biggest competition. He did great in S7 when having to hold Michelle above the water and when holding the weights on his shoulders. He also looks very tired in the pictures like he has been standing there a while.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Rob, Rupert and Tom all do well in actively physical challenges, but I could see them getting impatient with standing still pretty quickly.

Last season, Rupert showed an ability to do well in endurance challenges (holding Michelle up over the water, in Pull Your Weight, for example). He did have trouble with the Carry That Weight challenge because he got fidgety, though, not because he gave up or couldn't do it any longer.

---
UDG

04-19-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
He did have trouble with the Carry That Weight challenge because he got fidgety

Well, this looks like the wrong challenge to get fidgety during.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Yeah. That's what I meant. I think he has the endurance to stand there for hours, but if he wiggles, he's out.

---
UDG

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Last season, Rupert showed an ability to do well in endurance
challenges (holding Michelle up over the water, in Pull Your
Weight, for example).

I remember him shifting positions a lot during that, in an effort not to wear down.

He didn't shift around as much as Osten did, but then again, Osten isn't a shining example of much Survivor-wise, is he?

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
they had a similar challenge on the Road Rules Real World Inferno recently. The girls there did very well - including several who have tanked in other challenges. Shii Ann could easily win this.

fletcherdt 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fletcherdt Click to send private message to fletcherdt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
Anyone who has given birth, or has watched someone give birth knows that women were build for endurance. Many psychological as well as military studies have proven that women perform better than men in endurance challenges. They also have a higher pain tolerance than men. I know this is true with my husband, anyway. (smile)

04-20-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Do we have the challenges backwards?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

Lets not overstate things here. Men are much stronger than woman and generally will perform better in any physical task. Comparatively, women may be closer to doing as well as men in an endurance challenge, but the man will still have the advantage and generally it will be a significant advantage. I used to run track. As far as I know there has never been a marathon race or a triathalon where a female won.

And although I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, I watched my wife give both to each of my two sons.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •