The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kathy's chat transcript"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kathy's chat transcript"
http://www.survivorfever.net/chat_s8_kathy.html

Host: Hi Kathy ready to take some questions?
Kathy: I sure am.
Q: Kathy you looked great on the morning show! Do you think you waited too long to start your game?
Kathy: No. I was playing an excellent game from day one. I formed an alliance of three with Lex and Shii Ann, which you need to get to the end. When it brought me to the merge, it brought me down in numbers, but I was still standing when other strong players were voted off. And my demise was one singular decision, to bring a friend's number one chick Amber over. Otherwise, I think I was playing a pretty strong strategy.

Q: How interesting was the reunion between you and Lex? What was the first thing you two talked about?
Kathy: Immediately after being voted off, Lex and I gave each other a big hug and talked for hours about friendship and how far our friend Rob M. will go to win a million dollars. And we went over our strategies, felt massive regret and disappointment, but hindsight's 20/20. It felt right at the time. We tried to rally afterwards and were looking forward to being on the jury.

Q: You seemed to be a nicer, gentler person this time. Did that backfire on you?
Kathy: No. I think playing under cover for a bit helped my game. Believe it or not the reason why the jury was going to give me the million dollars in Marquesas was because I actually showed them I was a decent human being, compared to the beginning of the show when I was the opposite. It's important to gain respect from your potential jury members if you want to try to win the million dollars.

Q: Is it true that none of you knew who all 18 players were going into All Stars? And what was your initial reaction when you saw Boston Rob on Chapera Tribe at that very first meeting of the three tribes?
Kathy: It is true we did not know who the 18 other players were, but I took a good calculated guess and worked with a corporate psychologist to guess who the players would be and analyze the players. I came up with my own roster, and Boston Rob was on it because he was such a character, so I wasn't surprised at all he was there.

Q: Kathy, do you honestly think that friendship should be a factor in this game when you are all there to win $1 million?
Kathy: The paradox of Survivor is that it is about real relationships, something that viewers don't know. No one knows, unless you're on the show. Friendship is an element, especially if you go into the game knowing members of the cast. I think it's hard to play any game if you have your friend on one side and strangers on the other, to gravitate toward the strangers, not to bring your friends along to the final four. I challenge anyone to not trust their friends if faced with the same decision.

Q: why wouldn't anyone listen to you about breaking up Rob and Amber?
Kathy: I was surprised that the majority of the players would not be creative to regroup and form a new alliance to place themselves in a better position. What I found out was that many of them thought they were going into a position of four or three. I tried to show them that if they mix it up now, any one of them could be in a position of being in one or two -- any one of them could be a winner, instead or riding anyone's coat tails they could position themselves as the winner or the final two, instead of relying on just winning challenges. The people there are tentative, they haven't done much negotiating because they haven't been to tribal council a lot.

Q: I'm such a big fan of yours. You've played the game with class and candor, which I greatly admire. After you were voted out, you mentioned something about thinking you had Rob convinced (or something like that). What exactly were you referring to?
Kathy: I was thinking that I had Rob understanding the critical friendship connection, and I think he was thinking deeply about what he should do versus keeping his word to the first alliance. So I think I was making headway, but obviously not enough.

Q: Were you blown away by the three-in-one: Reward Challenge, Immunity Challenge and Tribal Council all in one day?
Kathy: We are always blown away at what we're thrown into regarding the challenges. Yes, having to watch my family video, which brought us to tears, than having to run this tough physical challenge after 27 days living in the rain with little food. So yes, I was pretty mesmerized at how tough it was combining all these challenges as well as the reward. It was tough.

Q: Any chance we will see you in a matching Mohawk?
Kathy: I debated about cutting my hair into something from the movie "Matrix Reloaded", a short black, diabolical, an "I'm going to get you" hairdo, but Lex talked me out of it.

Q: Is Rob the PUNK in person that he portrays on the show?
Kathy: Fair to Rob - he's not a punk. He's diabolical. He has the capabilities of being a culprit. And that surprises me, it makes me sad. I actually don't get it, it's not gamesmanship, it's something deep seated that makes me sad.

Q: It appeared that you were booted only one day after Lex (it's hard to tell sometimes with the editing), do you think if you had more time you could have changed things up to your favor?
Kathy: Yes, I believe if I had more time I would have moved these players into a direction. These players were thinkers, they wanted to digest information, especially since they had alliances for 27 days. You can't build relationships in 24 hours. An extra couple of days would have made a difference. I sensed it.

Q: A lot of us wanted YOU to win. Was your alliance more with Lex or Shii Ann and what did you think when Shii Ann voted out Lex instead of Amber?
Kathy: My thinking alliance to move to final two was with Lex, but I brought Shii Ann as a pivotal member of that alliance and a swing vote. Yes, I was very surprised when she voted for Lex. It was just disappointing. Sometimes she just doesn't look down from 40,000 feet, which you need to do sometimes. She didn't seem to have that high-level view to see what that vote would do to hurt relationships. I maintain that Survivor is about relationships, and anyone who plays the game and denies it, isn't playing with a full deck.

Q: Lex gave one-word to describe Shii Ann and called her a snake - do you agree with is assessment?
Kathy: No. Shii Ann is not a snake. Rob M is a snake.

Q: How do you think the gentle giants, Rupert and Big Tom, are playing the game and what advice would you give them if you could?
Kathy: I gave them advice to shake it up, take a leadership position, take a chance. And I think they will take my advice and mix it around.

Q: They didn't show how the tribes were chosen for the reward/immunity challenge. How did you end up on the slow team?
Kathy: They selected a team leader through a random number draw, and then the leader picked the teams. Our team leader was Jenna, I think, and it just so happened I ended up on the slow team

Q: Rob said during a confessional in last night's episode that Lex gave away Tom's game plan - that Tom planned to switch sides. During the game, did either you or Lex realize that Lex revealed that? Or did you find out with the rest of us?
Kathy: You know, that was just such an obvious deduction, so Rob saying aloud...he's just saying it to get an extra credit line on TV. Lex and Tom are close knit from being on Survivor Africa. I don't know what rock Rob's living under that he didn't know that, and to blame it on his friend, is in my opinion not necessary. I think it's beyond the game.

Q: How was it playing with the king, Richard Hatch? Why didn't anyone want to form an alliance with Richard?
Kathy: Richard Hatch is such a kook, and I still to this day don't know why he likes dropping his drawers. Does he have some dark sexual side? I never could figure it out. But he's charming, funny, smart and actually I think he could have been a good member of an alliance. He also gave our team something to laugh about, and we needed that. But he was distracting and odd, so therefore tough to trust and bring along.

Q: Now that you've watched the episodes, were you aware that Shii Ann was working everyone out there?
Kathy: Yes, I actually sent Shii Ann out to work it. I had her working with Alicia and Amber. Let's remember this game is very calculated, so we did have a plan.

Q: What surprised you the most when you watched All Stars on TV?
Kathy: Nothing surprised me. I know that sounds overconfident, but I think that was why I was doing well - except for trusting a friend. I was aware of what was going on, watching body language, staying on top of my game. I knew what was happening.

Host: Unfortunately our time with Kathy is up. Our chat started late due to technical difficulties and her busy interview schedule does not permit her to stay with us longer than scheduled. Kathy, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments for the Survivor fans?
Kathy: Keep watching. I hope I shook these players up and that you'll see some exciting craziness next week. Thanks for being there, you guys are great.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kathy's chat transcript esquire 04-16-04 1
   RE: Kathy's chat transcript Brownroach 04-16-04 2
       RE: Kathy's chat transcript Loree 04-18-04 6
 RE: Kathy's chat transcript memacmur 04-16-04 3
   RE: Kathy's chat transcript speedyforme 04-17-04 4
   RE: Kathy's chat transcript Loquatrix 04-17-04 5
       RE: Kathy's chat transcript HobbsofMI 04-19-04 7
 Kathy's Interview with TV Guide Onl... emydi 04-20-04 8
   RE: Kathy's Interview with TV Guide... memacmur 04-20-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-16-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
I see a couple of interesting comments:

1)I formed an alliance of
>three with Lex and Shii
>Ann, which you need to
>get to the end.

From the editing of the show it looked like it was just Kathy and Lex. I never got the feeling that SA was a streong member of their alliance

>Q: Is Rob the PUNK in
>person that he portrays on
>the show?
>Kathy: Fair to Rob - he's
>not a punk. He's diabolical.
>He has the capabilities of
>being a culprit. And that
>surprises me, it makes me
>sad. I actually don't get
>it, it's not gamesmanship, it's
>something deep seated that makes
>me sad.

It doesn't sound like he gets her vote for the million

>Q: It appeared that you were
>booted only one day after
>Lex (it's hard to tell
>sometimes with the editing), do
>you think if you had
>more time you could have
>changed things up to your
>favor?
>Kathy: Yes, I believe if I
>had more time I would
>have moved these players into
>a direction. These players were
>thinkers, they wanted to digest
>information, especially since they had
>alliances for 27 days. You
>can't build relationships in 24
>hours. An extra couple of
>days would have made a
>difference. I sensed it.

This is a point that I thought about when I saw the episdoe. The 1 day turn around would make it more difficult for Kathy to convince others to join her.
>Q: Lex gave one-word to describe
>Shii Ann and called her
>a snake - do you
>agree with is assessment?
>Kathy: No. Shii Ann is not
>a snake. Rob M is
>a snake.

Like I said before, I don't see Rob getting her vote for the million

>Q: How do you think the
>gentle giants, Rupert and Big
>Tom, are playing the game
>and what advice would you
>give them if you could?
>
>Kathy: I gave them advice to
>shake it up, take a
>leadership position, take a chance.
>And I think they will
>take my advice and mix
>it around.

This has to be the most interesting thing she said. Lets see how Tom and Rupert shake things up.

>Q: Rob said during a confessional
>in last night's episode that
>Lex gave away Tom's game
>plan - that Tom planned
>to switch sides. During the
>game, did either you or
>Lex realize that Lex revealed
>that? Or did you find
>out with the rest of
>us?
>Kathy: You know, that was just
>such an obvious deduction, so
>Rob saying aloud...he's just saying
>it to get an extra
>credit line on TV. Lex
>and Tom are close knit
>from being on Survivor Africa.
>I don't know what rock
>Rob's living under that he
>didn't know that, and to
>blame it on his friend,
>is in my opinion not
>necessary. I think it's beyond
>the game.

Once again, she doesn't like Rob.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
She explains Shii Ann's role in the alliance later:

Q: A lot of us wanted YOU to win. Was your alliance more with Lex or Shii Ann and what did you think when Shii Ann voted out Lex instead of Amber?
Kathy: My thinking alliance to move to final two was with Lex, but I brought Shii Ann as a pivotal member of that alliance and a swing vote.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
Lex has mentioned that he wanted to vote out Shii Ann earlier and Kathy just wouldn't hear of it. Kathy was protecting and guiding Shii Ann. Lex would have gladly gotten rid of her and kept Jerri who he trusted more and thought was playing the game. He thinks Shii Ann was a coaster. I think this was another mistake of Kathy's. Shii Ann was weak and never helped their team win anything. She sat out challenges whenever possible.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-16-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
Thanks for the transcript BR!

Outside of Rob C, I think Kathy has the best grasp of the mental game that is Survivor. Nice to see her openly admit that her emotions did factor in to her downfall, and some very shrewd insights into what has to happen for Romber to fall.

Very interesting that she called Rawb the snake. Barring an amazing speech to sway players into voting for him, Rawb is 0-2 in the voting so far.

Too bad there were no comment on Jenna in the chat. I wonder why...

MEmacmur

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-17-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
is it me or does Kathy seem to be obviously pointing to a shake up next episode with Tom/Rupert or something?

GOD I HOPE THAT IS TRUE!!!!!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-17-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
>Rawb is 0-2 in the voting so far

Heh, I think Kathy's chat could just as easily indicate that she has voted for Rob at Final 2. Methinks she doth protest too much, the way she keeps carrying on about what a villain he is.

In other words, I don't think any clear-cut inferences can be drawn from the things Kathy has said in her chats so far. Everything she has said could be equally indicative of a vote cast for Rob or one cast for whoever he's up against, depending whether you think Kathy is being straightforward in her chats or trying to throw us off the scent in order to protect her share of responsibility for the secrecy of the outcome.

Knowing how hard it is for humans to lie effectively about their own personal emotional responses, I tend to lean toward the idea that Kathy's trying a tad too hard to camouflage her pro-Rob vote. But of course it may be a quadruple bluff and she might know I know she knows I know she's bluffing. ::grin::

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kathy's chat transcript"
Kathy's said that she don't like the way Rob used friendship instead of gamemanship to get her out. I think for that alone she would not vote Rob unless he is sitting next to Amber who used Rob coat tails to get there.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Kathy's Interview with TV Guide Online"

http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040420a.asp

One answer I thought was interesting:

TVGO: Were you aware of Rob and Amber's romance when you decided to keep her around?
Kathy: Totally. I knew it was there. A friend was hurting because she wasn't there. I'm a mom and he's my son's age, for crying out loud. So I saw that, and it looks genuine to me. In fact, I think it is genuine. I was actually trying to help the kid out and, at the same time, I thought it would better my position. I thought it was win-win, all the way around. Also, I like Amber. Compared to Jerri, she was actually easy to hang around with. She's not diabolical at all. Even though she thinks she is, she's not. That's a mean thing to say, but she's sweet as pie. She thinks she's making deals, but you know what? She's not.

She doesnt consider Amber a Player like herself and Lex, and Rob for that matter. I think she would vote for Rob if Romber make the F2.

emydi

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-20-04, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kathy's Interview with TV Guide Online"
Agreed that Kathy would probably vote Rawb over Amber in a F2 match-up. I would say the last chance Amber would have to convince Kathy she had played the game was in the Final 2 speech, but given that she's already heard that prior to this chat, I concur this comment indicates Amber is one person she would NOT vote for.

MEmacmur

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •