The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"preview vidcaps from 6/5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-07-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"preview vidcaps from 6/5"
On the next Amazing Race...

1. Millie has an asthma attack. Notice that Josh and Al are both there with her.

2. This causes Millie and Chuck to take a later train.

3. Anyone recognize these bridges?

4. Same location. Millie has removed her sweatshirt. Al is still there, but it seems Josh is missing.
The clowns are the team that stays behind to make sure she's OK.

5. Millie and Chip race to pull the tag off a horse-drawn carriage.
Notice there is another carriage on the right.
Since the two of them are alone, this may be the roadblock.

6. Chip muscles Millie out of the way.

7. Chip pulls the tag on the door. Notice the buggy's green interior.

8. Millie declares Chip "such a jerk." This is a different carriage.

9. Chip's bloody nose. (You go girl!)
Does anyone recognize the unusual buildings in the background?

10. The bungee jump tower. What a minute! Is this the roadblock??

11. Tian jumps, and she's carrying a camera pack on her back...

12. ...So we can see her scream!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Next stop...Vienna! rucksack 06-07-03 1
   Nice Find! IceCat 06-07-03 2
 RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 cyclehausen 06-07-03 3
   RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 SeedlessCat 06-07-03 4
   Possible detour rucksack 06-07-03 6
   RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 magic_star 06-08-03 12
       Possible detour rucksack 06-08-03 13
 RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 carencey 06-07-03 5
   RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 rucksack 06-07-03 7
       RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 carencey 06-07-03 9
           RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 carencey 06-07-03 11
   RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5 carencey 06-07-03 8
 Carriages are in Vienna, too... IceCat 06-07-03 10
 Carriages the roadblock? magic_star 06-08-03 14
   RE: Carriages the roadblock? carencey 06-09-03 21
 Sharing the Fast Forward? VanQ1 06-08-03 15
   RE: Sharing the Fast Forward? magic_star 06-08-03 16
 NEW commercial.. Carriage not the F... VanQ1 06-08-03 17
   RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not t... rucksack 06-08-03 18
       RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not t... LeftPinky 06-09-03 26
           RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not t... rucksack 06-09-03 29
   RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not t... magic_star 06-09-03 19
   Another possibility... Survivorerist 06-09-03 20
   Might be a product placement... Neobie 06-09-03 22
   What if carriages are like buses... IceCat 06-09-03 23
   RE: One more possibility... djk 06-09-03 24
       RE: One more possibility... bris 06-09-03 25
           RE: One more possibility... magic_star 06-09-03 27
               RE: One more possibility... bris 06-09-03 28
                   RE: One more possibility... TeamJoisey 06-09-03 30
                   Nobody bashed you Bris... IceCat 06-09-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-03, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Next stop...Vienna!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-03 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-03 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

This is the ESPRIT sports Bungee Jumping Site - Vienna Donauturm

As for the bridge, there is this one leading to the tower, but I don't think it is a match...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-07-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Nice Find!"

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
The bungee may be the detour. "Bungee jump off the tower, or...." what? Maybe climb the steps?

SeedlessCat 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-07-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeedlessCat Click to send private message to SeedlessCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
I hope they leave Italy...
ITS GETTING BORING

06-07-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Possible detour"
Interestingly, the giant ferris wheel is not that far from the tower, so that could be the alternative, seeing as it would be the "safer" yet "longer" option....just a thought!

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-08-03, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
However, they usually put it in order and the Roadblock is always after the Detour.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

06-08-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
13. "Possible detour"
I meant the detour could be EITHER the bungee (short but scary) OR the giant ferris wheel (long but safe) though am not even sure if the bungee is the detour...

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-07-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
The carriage ride may possibly be in Salzburg. I don't see the castle there, but I'll pull my old pictures and see if any buildings like that showed up on the tour I took there. When I traveled in college I literally took that route--Venice to Salzburg to Vienna, so it is a logical order.

06-07-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
I would be very suprised if they went both to Salzburg and Vienna, considering the distance between Venice and Vienna (I remember taking a 10 hour night train) Besides, Vienna is a pretty big city so I expect they'll be running around it.

06-07-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
They've done plenty of two-city legs in the past--not too tough time-wise considering that the last one seems to have been a 1-day leg.

I've been trying to make the pics of the buildings in the background behind Chip match Schoenbrunn outside Vienna too, but can't quite get it to work. That would be within carriage distance of the city though, right?

06-07-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
Okay, I'm out of this topic then. If they don't get outside the inner city, it won't be Schoenbrunn.

06-07-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
8. "RE: preview vidcaps from 6/5"
Self-reply

Alas, nothing in my pictures confirms a destination. If they don't go straight to Vienna, other destinations could be Salzburg, Graz (never been there) or Villach (only saw the train station).

Aren't Reichen and Chip in second at the moment? They must have some difficulties if they're arriving at the roadblock at the same time as Millie and Chuck who missed the first train.

06-07-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Carriages are in Vienna, too..."
This is a picture of a Vienna street car (strassenbahn):

Looks pretty close to this picture:

Info on Viennese horse drawn carriages:

Vienna's Fiakers, or horse-drawn carriages, have transported people around the Inner City for some 300 years. You can clip-clop along for about 30 minutes at a cost of 45€, 70€ for 1 hour. Exact prices and the length of the ride must be negotiated in advance. In the 1st District, you'll find a Fiaker for hire on the north side of St. Stephan's, on Heldenplatz near the Hofburg, and in front of the Albertina on Augustinerstrasse.

Note the white trim the doors which is identical to that on the TARS carriages.

This sounds like the kind of local tradition stuff that the show likes to feature.

They are definitely in Vienna for the bungee jumping and the carriages.

06-08-03, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Carriages the roadblock?"
Here is a picture from the New York Daily News...

It shows both Millie/Chuck and Reichen/Chip running together.
So it looks like it isn't the Roadblock, but probably the Fast Forward.

06-09-03, 01:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Carriages the roadblock?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-03 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

Would any of you who have seen the preview care to comment on the apparent time of day and weather in the Millie/Chip shots and the bungee jumping shots? Lots of time between these might indicate that the carriages are something separate, especially since Millie is shown in association with both. I noted that the weather/time is somewhat different between the Millie/Chip shots (cloudy/rainy, perhaps early AM or just before dark?) and Tian bungee-(sunshine, late morning-midafternoon). I also see a difference between Millie/Chuck and Reichen/Chip running. Weather can change fast, but if these pictures can be clustered by the weather, maybe we can order them that way.

Also in the timeline department, everyone except Steve and Dave should be departing the Pit Stop in the early AM. (Steve and Dave are gonna be bunch victims at the train station). Given rucksack's estimate of 10 hours from Venice to Vienna, that would seem to indicate an evening arrival, and possibly yet another major bunch point (might explain catchup of Millie/Chuck to Chip/Reichen), unless there is some sort of night activity missing from the preview, or another activity in Venice before departure.

edited to add: oops, that 10 hours was for a night train. I found an online estimate of 8h for a day train. That could put them in Vienna by late afternoon, and it gets dark pretty early in the winter there.

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-08-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Sharing the Fast Forward?"
That picture of M/C and R/C from the NY daily news appeared before EP2. And now is looking like it is from EP3. Definitely makes it look like they are both running for the FF or else they are in close pursuit running for the finish mat.

A few interesting things come to mind about the interactions of Millie and Chip, that lead me to believe it is the FF.
In the vidclips there is only one person performing the challenge, as would be done in a roadblock. BUT Chip still has his backpack, he would have left it with Reichen knowing he would have to return once completed if it were a roadblock.
But FFs are usually performed together, but maybe the decision of each of the teams was to split to find the carriage. Millie may have given her pack to Chuck to lighten her load.

But here is a question... is it possible to SHARE the FF?

Is it possible that after this altercation, both teams agreed the jostling was beyond FAIR PLAY, and shared the information on the FF???? Which might be why we see the teams running together in the recent picture. The running picture is definitely in a different place than the carriages, and it is now sunny.

06-08-03, 09:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sharing the Fast Forward?"
Here is how I think it goes. From the commercial pictures you can see that both of those teams are running at a clue box. I'm guessing that the clue box gives the Detour and the Fast Forward clues.

The picture from the Daily News would be them running towards the clue box. After they get the clue, they do the carriage Fast Forward. Both of the teams split up during the task, so they have a better chance of finding the carriage. Then Chip grabs it over Millie.

Later on in the episode, you can see Millie doing the bungee jump Roadblock and having problems. They probably get eliminated on an episode that completely dooms them.

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-08-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "NEW commercial.. Carriage not the FF"
Just saw the newest commercial for EP3 as described in the thread
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/514.shtml.

The one thing that was missed in the description of the commercial is the very last couple of frames which shows Kelly and John getting into a carriage looking very happy and kissing each other. Because of the fact that 3 teams are known to obtain carriages I dont think this is the fast forward. And wouldnt be a roadblock because we see Kelly and John together in the carriage

"Blood is drawn when a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical"
Perhaps the note Chip retrieves from the carriage is a prize for completing this detour first. Has TAR ever given a prize for an individual challenge?

06-08-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not the FF"
Saw the same commercial and I completely agree with you, I don't believe that the carriages are the fast forward.

Also, the way Kelly reaches to embrace Jon makes me think it is after the bungee jump (having just seen him do his upside down dive) and possibly the carriages are the transportation to the bungee tower and back. Perhaps the bungee jump is on a first come first serve basis, dependent on the carriage chosen, which would explain ripping off an enveloppe from the door, possibly with a number inside?

Of course this is speculation, and still does not explain the coveted prize...

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-09-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not the FF"
What if the carriage is the FF and Jon & Kelly win? We see Millie in a carriage disappointed (didn't get it), but we never see Chip in a carriage. Could the NY paper picture be the two couples that didn't get the FF running for the final mat before elimination?

06-09-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
29. "RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not the FF"
In the CBS preview we see Kelly looking up and gasping as Jon does the bungee jump, therefore it must be the roadblock. By jumping, they have not taken their FF which means the carriage is either a detour or transportation of some sort to a clue box.

06-09-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
19. "RE: NEW commercial.. Carriage not the FF"
"Perhaps the note Chip retrieves from the carriage is a prize for completing this detour first. Has TAR ever given a prize for an individual challenge? "

TAR has never given anything for being the first done with a challenge. The thing that makes me think otherwise about what you say though is that I don't think there is anyway Millie/Chuck could have surpassed the other teams after they missed the train. The teams should arrive in Vienna in the day time, so the carriage thing will be opened. There won't be any bunching there.
Maybe the other teams use the carriages for transportation?

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-09-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Another possibility..."
Perhaps the carriage could be one of those "there is only enough room for however many teams to do this task" and it is the last carriage?

(Another IceCat original )

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-09-03, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Might be a product placement..."
We'll never know what the advertisers would do to get some airtime on TV... The prize could be anything that they give CBS...

"Congratulations, Reichen and Chip, for getting the card on the carriage, you have each won a Vileda Broomstick!"

06-09-03, 08:56 AM (EST)
23. "What if carriages are like buses..."
You know how they thay often have two or three flights or buses with varying departure times. Maybe the carriages are departing from various points around the park but only 1 or two carts at a time.

That would explain why the two teams are fighting so hard to get to the one carriage. They know that have to wait for the next carriage departure time.

In a race this close, a carriage that departs even 20 minutes prior to another cart would be a 'coveted prize'.

djk 276 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djk Click to send private message to djk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: One more possibility..."
There could be a carriage for each team, but they are spread throughout the city or around this park and take some work to find. That would explain why it was a "coveted prize," they found one of the carriages with the flag, the team who didn't get it (Millie/Chuck) will now have to go out and find another carriage with a flag.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: One more possibility..."
One the pictures from the commercial it shows kelly and john in the carrage so it is not a FF and Millie and Chuck dont go to behind Reichen and chip because Reichen is yelling at millie(who is in the carrage and Reichen is on the floor) so is probobly a roadblock. They do show Millie in a carrage but no chuck. But we just wont know untill thursday and CBS wnats AR to be a big hit so tehy wont give Millie and Chuck away being eliminated because she had asthma. SO they obviosly dont get eliminated is they did they would had not showed the ashma. THIS COULD ALSO BE BEFORE WHEN MILLIE AND CHUCK MISS THE TRAIN IT COULD BE THE BEGGINING OF THE EPISODE THEIR ARE ALOT OF POSSIBLITIES

06-09-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
27. "RE: One more possibility..."
They would have shown the asthma attack whether or not they got eliminated. It's just too big of a thing not to show. They really could care less who they trick, it's all about showing the biggest things to bring in people.

They can also use it as reverse psychology on people who think that being shown negatively means your safe.

You also might want to take a look at this thread and you'll see that many bad things have happened to teams shown in the previews and they've been eliminated.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/513.shtml

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-03, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: One more possibility..."
The guy who wrote that article did not get the concept from the previwes. He said because they showed Amanda and Chris in the tube and they were eliminated AND THAT COUNTS it said nothing about Amanda and Chris most of the things said about a team like kelly and John slide down on buts usally means they dont get eliminated but showing the team but not saying anything bout teh team really does not count. And if you are going to bash me go to teh basher forum i was just giving my thoughts so instead of bashing me give thoughts

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-09-03, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: One more possibility..."
Not a bash, but a few suggestions.

1. Use the preview button and read your posts carefully before you put them up. Some of your posts are difficult to follow.

2. Keep track of who you are reading. The writer you are responding to is the same writer who wrote the article he was suggesting you read. It is Magic Star's theory that folks shown in the preview get booted often.

3. You may not agree with the theories posted here, and you don't get bashed for arguing those points. You will get bashed for criticizing the posters.

Welcome to the boards. It's a great place to work your mind.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

06-09-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
31. "Nobody bashed you Bris..."
Discussing a point that is in opposition to yours and suggesting a source that might help to understand that point is not bashing.

You suggested that a person should 'go to bashers' if they want to bash you. That is not the purpose of the basher forum. The purpose of the basher forum is not for bashing other posters its purpose is for bashing the show.

I mention that last part so that you do not accidently think that it is OK to bash other posters on the bashers thread. That kind of behavior would be grounds for having your account deleted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •