The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-25-11, 05:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-11 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

(edited for effect)

For many, this week might have seemed like a fairly average episode with the 2nd totally predictable TC in a row. But for me, this is a true Survivor gem. Unlike last week, this week's editing seemed about 90% focused within the episode, starting with this line from Steve about Stephanie pre-intro- "She is basically just tightening the rope around her neck. If we end up going back to tribal, she's out." It isn't often that Survivor starts with someone telling you the endgame within the first 5 minutes of the show. I have to give credit to the editors of this season for truly mixing up their game and throwing some curveballs at us. Like the movies Titanic or Love Story, knowing the ending doesn't ruin the show. Of course it helps when the bootee is a villian, and when you have several hilarious lines by multiple characters. Like the editing, I'll mix up my game and include some of those lines in my list.

Stephanie- "Is praying a strategy?" Hahaha....

1. B-Rob - Of course. With the focus turning to the "beauty queens" vs. Phillip, B-Rob actually got a smaller edit this episode. However, he still ran circles around everyone else in the game, and gave us this hilarious take about his mediation of the feud- "I had to play Arafat in like a peace process to bring the tribe back together again. Phillip was right. The girls weren't doing anything. But, the less they do the happier I am. I don't want them working hard and give us all a reason to write your name down for a million dollars at the end. I want you to annoy the crap out of everyone, as much as possible." Classic B-Rob. This guy is too good for new players. He is playing a different game than everyone else right now.

2. Steve - Once again, he got the narrator's role at Zap Camp, including those prophetic words at the beginning. He handled Stephanie's vote for him and explanation of it about as level-headed as possible, even thanking her for her opinion. His clear problem is being too nice, which was somewhat bluntly foreshadowed in his confessional- "I usually think the best of people until I get stomped on." He seemed to be a key voice in the decision to keep Sarita. Plus, he got one of the funniest moments of the episode when prior to the IC Jeff asked him if he was concerned that Phillip was bringing the gorilla and the lion. (Smacks his forearm into his hand) "Boom! Forearm!" HAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious! Even Stephanie was laughing, though David looked embarrassed. I was LMAO.

3. Ashley- Yeah, she's being depicted as lazy, but at least the editing let her defend herself. She did so in unintentionally hilarious fashion that in most episodes might have been the line of the episode- "I've been working hard my whole life. I was a basketball player. I was in pageants. It isn't like I'm lazy." HAHAHAHA!!!! She also went toe-to-toe with Phillip without backing down. The bottom line is that she is the narrator for Imhotep, and her, B-Rob and Phillip got ALL the confessionals for that tribe. Plus, the best thing about her is watching her leave.

4. Phillip - Take the Dragonslayer, subtract out the philosophical and historical quotes, and replace them with 3 parts crazy and 3 parts punchdrunk, and you get this joker. Codename S.A.M might have recorded the most hilarious moment in the history of Survivor with this WTF confessional delivered with deadpan, matter of national security seriousness-

"Hell hath no fury like a lion or gorilla (shows both guns) when he thinks he's been provoked. If you are gonna make an alliance with me, you better adhere to it because I'm all about integrity. I served my country for 4 years, 11 months, 13 days for Duty, Honor, Country. That means something to me, and when you try to trash on that, me and the United States got something for you when you try that one, baby. I could dwell in a place of negativity right now based on what I just saw. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to smile, and when the time comes, I'm going to (stomping motion) kick a little @ss around here."

HAHAHAHA!!!! This can't be for real. Who is writing this guy's material? This is too much. OMG, classic. I literally hurt myself laughing.

5. Julie - "Strong woman in a little package." These words could be taken as a great sign for Stephanie, but regardless of that, in the immediate term, they are definitely a glowing mark for Julie. When juxtaposed with Stephanie's vitriol, it really makes Julie look good in comparison. The discussion of the vote showed her, Steve, and David's viewpoint. She seems liked by all and in the crux of all alliances.

6. Andrea - Dropped some after only getting one confessional, and that might have been only to wrap up Matt's story. A return alliance with Matt and a flip to the other side now seem unlikely. The story for Imhotep continues to improve.

7. Mike - Had one confessional and that was to just set up TC by telling us what we already knew, that the decision was between Sarita and Stephanie. He got no part of the voting discussion and only appeared to agree with Steve. He was dominated in the IC, but I think there are only a couple guys in the history of Survivor that wouldn't have been dominated by Grant in that challenge.

8. Grant - Finally got a challenge he could dominate for the team. Even after nearly single-handedly winning it though, he got no screen time. If he has any game other than being B-Rob's footpad, we have not seen it.

9. Natalie - Has totally disappeared as of late. Good work with Grant though, and looked good at RI with her hair down.

10. Ralph - Ditto Ralph, though he did have one confessional about Sarita. When this guy is amazed at your stupidity, you have really done something. I loved when during the IC he yelled something nearly unintelligible to the shooters- "Ida he me..." and then when David shot one his way, Ashley nearly intercepted it. Haha...

11. Sarita - Was a cool customer during her one confessional, which is a plus. The editing spent most of the episode making her look bad, but ultimately, she won the battle. She has fallen quickly from possibly being in a leadership position just a couple episodes ago. If I were her, I would have pointed out that the tribe lost 5-0 without her out there. That is hardly evidence that having her out is a good idea.

12. David - Like Stephanie, he might have waited too long to make a move. He argued so hard for Stephanie that he might have cut his own throat by ticking some people off. Though he might have been just trying to protect himself, he also happened to be wrong. Trust IS the most important thing right now. Stephanie losing at RI would be the best thing that could happen for the Zap6 right now.

RI

Matt - I believe his story might have just ended. He got Krista's Bible for his troubles and thus some heavenly reward for his trials at RI. He might have lost Andrea in the process, and without Andrea to go back to, what story does he have? I would like to see him continue considering he deserves it at this point, but like Clint Eastwood once said- "Deserve has nothing to do with it."

Stephanie- She has enough of an edit to beat a contented Matt at RI. Steve said to her in the beginning- "I think it was another poor move you made in alliances." Considering Steve's role of seer at the time, I believe this is definitely the perception that the editing wants us to take away from Stephanie's story- that she has made poor moves. However, we have also seen her learning and improving her game, even leading Steve to say later on- "Stephanie took a moment to ... try to play the game better." She still doesn't realize that her TC antics could ultimately cost her votes, very much like her mentor, but she might fill in for Russell nicely as B-Rob's goat. I give it at least a puncher's chance considering the strong edit for her. Redemption may not be spiritual afterall; it might be within the game.

Up In Smoke...

Francesca- who?
Russell - emotional farewell
Kristina - got out before things really got crazy
Krista - Wow. The Krista we never saw came out at Redemption Island. How does a devoted Christian girl get entwined with Russell and Stephanie? Crazy-stuff happens.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe List   iltarion     03-25-11       
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-25-11     1  
     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-25-11     4  
         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-25-11     6  
             RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-25-11     7  
                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   Toban     03-26-11     10  
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   Toban     03-25-11     2  
     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-25-11     3  
         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-25-11     5  
             RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-26-11     8  
                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   garyc     03-26-11     9  
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-27-11     11  
     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-28-11     13  
         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-28-11     14  
             RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-28-11     17  
                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-28-11     20  
                     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-29-11     21  
                         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-29-11     22  
                             RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-29-11     23  
                                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-30-11     24  
                                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-30-11     25  
                                     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-30-11     26  
                                         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-30-11     27  
     RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-28-11     15  
         RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-28-11     16  
             RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   iltarion     03-28-11     18  
                 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   michel     03-28-11     19  
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #6 Lvoe Lis...   dabo     03-28-11     12  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •