The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alicia's key quote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alicia's key quote"
It's a little late in the season for a key quote.

But Alicia's insistence that she'd never write down
Rob's name was pretty prominent.
Editors lingered longer than necessary, I thought.
And they put it in the promo last week so we wouldn't miss it.

Consider the possibilities if Rob ends up in the final two:
he's broken a lot of promises to get there.
Lex and Kathy are not likely to vote for Rob.
Shii-Ann probably won't vote for Rob either.

In the final balloting, jurors write down the person they want to win.

Alicia swore she'd never write down his name.

She keeps her promise, and Rob loses a 4-3 vote.

It has possibilities.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alicia's key quote Get Bent 04-09-04 1
 RE: Alicia's key quote I_AM_HE 04-09-04 2
   RE: Alicia's key quote pmspml5 04-09-04 3
 RE: Alicia's key quote emydi 04-09-04 4
 RE: Alicia's key quote DoodleBug 04-09-04 5
   RE: Alicia's key quote pmspml5 04-09-04 6
       RE: Alicia's key quote sondral 04-09-04 12
           RE: Alicia's key quote Loree 04-13-04 33
 RE: Alicia's key quote samboohoo 04-09-04 7
 RE: Alicia's key quote Loree 04-09-04 8
   RE: Alicia's key quote MDSkinner 04-09-04 10
 RE: Alicia's key quote oddglass2 04-09-04 9
 RE: Alicia's key quote sondral 04-09-04 11
   RE: Alicia's key quote ohboy 04-12-04 13
 RE: Alicia's key quote ValleyGirl 04-12-04 14
 RE: Alicia's key quote frisky 04-12-04 15
   RE: Alicia's key quote Dregar 04-12-04 16
       RE: Alicia's key quote Brownroach 04-12-04 17
           RE: Alicia's key quote Devious Weasel 04-12-04 19
       RE: Alicia's key quote Devious Weasel 04-12-04 18
           RE: Alicia's key quote Brownroach 04-12-04 20
               RE: Alicia's key quote frisky 04-12-04 21
               Endless Loop Detected! Abort! Abort... okaloosajohn 04-12-04 22
               RE: Alicia's key quote Dregar 04-12-04 23
                   RE: Alicia's key quote Brownroach 04-12-04 24
                       RE: Alicia's key quote Dregar 04-12-04 25
                       RE: Alicia's key quote pinchy 04-12-04 28
               RE: Alicia's key quote Devious Weasel 04-12-04 27
       RE: Alicia's key quote Dapper 04-12-04 26
 RE: Alicia's key quote badger 04-13-04 29
   RE: Alicia's key quote frisky 04-13-04 30
 RE: Alicia's key quote esquire 04-13-04 31
 RE: Alicia's key quote Ra_8secs 04-13-04 32
 RE: Alicia's key quote AMAZON 04-13-04 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-09-04, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
TJ,

I thought it was the important clip of the night. Something will happen with this soon I think. You could be right for the final jury vote. But I thought it was setting up Rob or Alicias boot in two weeks.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-04, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I was thinking the exact same thing Joisey. I've been convinced that Rawb wouldn't get anywhere near the final 2, but I can definitely see him losing to Jenna by at least 4-3 (I think 5-2 is more likely in that scenario, with only Amber, and maybe Tom unless he's betrayed, voting for him), Alicia being among those that don't write his name down.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Totally what I was thinking as well. I think that if Rob makes Final 2 it is because everyone figures out that he will be a great F2 opponent because he has just pissed everyone off.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I think it will be 6-1 and Rob will be Lil and Matthew.

The only person that will write his name down to win will be Ambuh.

emydi

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Very good point. I liked the fact that Jeff at TC pointed out that it's not only who you vote out but how you do it. Lex looked at Rob after he said that. Rob gave his "friendship" speech soon after that, but it's not going to mean a thing when the jury votes for the winner.

I can easily see a 6-1 vote against Rob.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
After the SEE BS morning show and Lex plainly stated that him and Rob are not friends still - NO way he votes for Rob. Him and Kathy are really close so NO way Kathy votes for Rob. Rob by getting rid of Lex last night - put the nails in his own coffin.

sondral 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sondral Click to send private message to sondral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Yeah, that quote was a good one. Here's what I posted in another thread regarding that quote:

Why would Rob and Lex not be friends?
-As far as we have seen so far, the only reason Lex is pi**ed at Rob is for getting rid of him at this last vote.

-Rob has no reason for being angry with Lex at this point, and I think at Tribal Council he said something to the effect of "hope we can still be friends or no hard feelings" or whatever.

-If Rob was in the final 3, and even had only had ONE day to talk to Lex, I'm sure he would have said "hey I'm sorry....blah blah blah" and...

-Lex would not have been as quick to answer "short term, NO", because cmon, if the guy apologized, I think Lex is grown up* enough to accept the apology, move on, and not declare on national tv that they are not friends.

Therefor I believe that Rob was in the final 2, probably did not win, Lex voted against him, NOW giving Rob a reason to be angry with him, thus not making them NOT friends.

*This is obviously an assumption on my part, because after last night's and this morning's display of Lex's childish behavior I'm wondering if Lex is really grown up.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
>
>Why would Rob and Lex not
>be friends?
>-As far as we have seen
>so far, the only reason
>Lex is pi**ed at Rob
>is for getting rid of
>him at this last vote.
>
>
>-Lex would not have been as
>quick to answer "short term,
>NO", because cmon, if the
>guy apologized, I think Lex
>is grown up* enough to
>accept the apology, move on,
>and not declare on national
>tv that they are not
>friends.
>
>
>*This is obviously an assumption on
>my part, because after last
>night's and this morning's display
>of Lex's childish behavior I'm
>wondering if Lex is really
>grown up.

OK this may be completely off the mark. But what if Lex's anger at Rob is all a put on? It wouldn't be the first time we saw the players say things in their interviews that made us think they really disliked someone, only to have them vote for that person in the end. Who would have thought Christy would have voted for Jenna in the Amazon?

So what if Lex is having fun at the viewers expense and telling everyone that he is angry at Rob and making everyone think he would never vote for Rob. But Rob makes the F2 and Lex does indeed vote for his buddy Rob to win? Lex would have the last laugh about deceiving us. And it would certainly explain why he is coming off in a childish manner about something he did himself to others. But he won't forgive Rob for it? Lex was probably very angry at the time he was voted off. But he may have got over in at Loser Lodge. But he continued to play along at being upset to worry Rob about his vote. Make Rob sweat about getting his vote (if Rob made F2). Then surprise surprise at the finale Lex votes for Rob and all is forgiven.

Or Lex really is that childish and I am all wrong.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Agree TJ.

Playing Devil's advocate here, she may never write his name down because she could be sitting next to him in the Final 2 -- wouldn't that be somehting.

Rob: He ain't no Will.

Samboohoo

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
She said "write" she never mentioned "print".

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-09-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
>She said "write" she never mentioned
>"print".

I am with you Loree. This quote seems to me like nothing more than semantics.

oddglass2 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oddglass2 Click to send private message to oddglass2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I wasn't sure where to put this, but since we were talking about Alicia's key quote and the fact that Rob may be in the final 2, I thought it'd be something to ponder just in case he is in the final 2 - on the Tribal Council section (of the SeeBS web site), there is a small blurb at the end (which some may have already read), which says:

No Survivor has ever won the first individual Immunity Challenge and gone on to become Sole Survivor. Clay Jordan, from SURVIVOR: THAILAND, ended in second place. Keith Famie from OUTBACK and current All-Star Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien from MARQUESAS both got as far as third place after taking the first Immunity Idol back to camp.

Okay, it may have no bearing in this instalment of Survivor, but there have been trends in the past like boy/girl/boy winners (which was finally broken w/Sandra) so could this also be one as well?

sondral 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sondral Click to send private message to sondral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Wow, I didn't even catch that, good one. I like Alicia even more now.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I think Rob will win it, I think Lex is weird and I don't think he will swing anyone on the jury I think it will come down to someone taking Rob to the final two because they think they will win over him and he will win. Because even if you think about who is left now, Who has played the game who is deserving the win. I would pick Rob to win.

I would love to see him and Amber in the final two.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Alicia's quote could be very telling when it comes to the final jury vote.
For the final three, I'm staying with Amber, Jenna and Boston Rob
these three seem to be the tighest alliance around. I don't see anyone breaking them up. I checked Snewser's scorecard and I think it's right on with the rest of the tale to the end.
Kathy looks very much in jeopardy this week.

the Robfaddah

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
This scene was meaningful I think not because of what they were saying (both said "I will not write your name down") but because of the way Rob's expression changed after he said it. He raised his cup to his lips and the camera caught the tail end of a smirk before he drank from the cup, then he lowered the cup and put on his poker face.

I see another "What? You guys didn't think I was serious, didja?" coming.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I agree, also adding that not only did editors hang on on that camera angle of Alicia saying, "O.K. thats it then, I'll never write your name down!", I think when she said that, she realized what she was saying and a split secong later, she said it again, only this time referring to something more long term..as in the final 2.

It's not only who you vote off, but how you do it.

Rob is clearly the ring leader..

my understanding is this: The longer you go the more money you get!

The actual winner is not selected until the finale, which has not happened yet. The players know what went on 24 hours a day, not the version and storylines we are edited to see. Although they may pretty closely reflect who was "UTR", who made the final boot choices and who is a backstabber/playing the game.

With all this do you think the jury would use each episode, watching carefully and how it has been edited to really choose there million dollar winner?

If so, Rob doesn't have a shot. Jury members would like the fact that in his alliance they got a few extra bucks each day, but in the end being ousted by Rob must feel like crap...

If your in the road and a semi is coming, you move out of the way unless you want to be hit..

I can't fathem how everyone feels so safe in his alliance. It is obvious him and Amber are sticking this out no matter what. I'd be shocked if he made it to final 2..and even if he made it so far everyone would feel so stupid that finally put an end to his shananagins.
The tribe has spoken and it's about time!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
The actual winner is not selected until the finale, which has
not happened yet.

The winner isn't *revealed* until the finale, but the votes were already cast by the jury before they left Panama.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Where have I heard that before?

04-12-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
The votes are already in. They just aren't revealed until the finale.

04-12-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I've heard this before, too...

04-12-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Is there an echo in here?

Is there an echo in here?

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Endless Loop Detected! Abort! Abort! Abort!"

Whew!!! That was a near thing...

Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Thanks BR and DW, thats not a flame coming out of that sax is it?

04-12-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
No, flames usually come from heads that spin.

04-12-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
LOL..then I'm glad he (Shakes) isn't in on this topic. I think I burned this topic out though, I won't drag it out anymore then this 25 posts already!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Along these lines, here's another scenario...
What if Rob has to pick between Alicia and someone else (Amber?)for who will go to the final 2 (or Alicia somehow gets to final 3, wins immunity and gets to pick). This would be another way for one of them to not write the other's name down and screw them over.

04-12-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
Every now and then I have to bop onto spoilers and follow you and Krautboy around, BR.

Dapper 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dapper Click to send private message to Dapper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
This quote reminds me of the trivia challenge, where the MM's went over all of the first people voted off but couldn't remember the name of Nicole, the first person kicked out of the Pearl Islands. As soon as that came up as the tie-breaking question in the IC, I knew MM were toast.
So this quote will have a part to play later on, it feels the same as the one from that IC. It'd be nice if it helped preventing Rob from winning.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-04 AT 09:32 AM (EST)

although this might go better in VS's "editing" thread, i just thought i'd add that i think it's interesting how little we've seen of alicia. this is considering how outspoken we know she can be. also, what we have seen of her has been pretty positive. although amber made some snide remarks about alicia's anger in not lasting against shii ann at the log roll, alicia has been portrayed as a sympathetic character (i'm thinking particularly about alicia's role in the sue-breakdown episode).

of course, we all know that alicia is on the outside of the chappy alliance(s) so, the bit about alicia and rob's "secret" alliance is, i think, setting up her boot at the hands of rob.

a couple of reasons why i think this might be:

alicia is, next to rupert and rob, probably the strongest person out there and could easily go on a IC run -- and therefore she's a threat to rob's prowess and attempts to dominate the game (for this reason, she might even go before shii ann does)

as the outsider, she is a threat to rob in terms of creating an amber/rob ousting

and finally, of all the "characters" left, she seems the most likely to me to fail to pay tribute to the robfather.

and just to echo everyone. . . i do think that her "key quote" indicates she will NOT vote for rob if he is indeed F2.

04-13-04, 09:40 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
...and we know MB's style -- alliances that are revealed fail.

I still think Alicia's *real* "key quote" was in Episode 1 where she said she is very outspoken and that will likely lead to her undoing in this game.

As far as we've been shown, Rob hasn't told Ambuh about his deal with Alicia. Maybe Alicia flips out and spills, revealing Rob's secret to Ambuh. Ambuh gets miffed and Rob gets revenge by orchestrating Alicia's boot.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
When I heard that line, the first thing that came to mind was that they would both land up voting for each other in the episode that Alicia gets voted out. MB loves irony and he wouldn't include that line in the edited version of the show unless it turned out to be very ironic

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I like the idea of her "never writing" Rob's "name down." It works just like Rob's subterfuges. She may not vote him off, she's on the jury, and she still won't vote him winner.

Classic irony.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZON Click to send private message to AMAZON Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Alicia's key quote"
I think sometimes people take these things way too far. Didn't Lis say this to Rodger in Australia and everyone on the spoiler boards thought it meant they don't vote for each other in the final 2?

Some people are saying that alliances that are revealed fail, but as the numbers get smaller and smaller, they have to show SOME rationale for the way people are voting! The Tagi alliance was revealed...so was the ogabore alliance....or the chewing gum alliance...the Boran boys club...on and on.

This show is made for the AVERAGE casual viewer.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •