Hahaha... I love the smell of defeated Russell in the morning. So, we finally see the day, the glorious day, when Russell takes the walk of shame. Yeah, RI allows him to momentarily linger, like a bad stench, but he would have to win multiple duels to reenter the game, most likely. And even if he pulled off that unlikely feat, he would be worse than the jack he always is; he would be a jack who has already been voted out once.
JP: "We'll see if this comes back to haunt you."
Are you kidding me? Props to Jeff for being able to say that with a straight face. How can voting off the @ss-clown of Survivor come back to haunt you? Zapatera should have had a celebratory orgy after that.
1. B-Rob - Consider this the revenge for Russell getting the best of him on H v. V. In fact, maybe production had that in mind. This was entirely his episode even with Russell getting the boot, at least on his beach. He and Andrea were the ONLY members of Imhotep to get a confessional. B-Rob had 4 just within the first 20 minutes. He showed his game awareness by correctly judging Andrea would resent him for "double crossing" her, and he showed the improvement in his game by finding the clue to the HII. One possible warning sign though is that no one else in his alliance seems to be getting any edit. That will be a sure sign of doom if it continues.
2. Steve - I asked for Steve to stand up and be recognized, and he did that in brazen fashion this week, getting at least 4 confessionals. Until the harem tried to get Julie on their side, the story of Zapatera was completely his, starting with the lie to Russell regarding the events at RI. This turned out to be a rather senseless lie that seemed aimed solely to annoy Russell. If the lie had been told to nearly anyone else, I probably would have a problem with it. Since it was meant to irk Russell, I kind of dig it. He seemed to be at the forefront of all the decision-making this week, including the drive to throw the challenge and boot Russell. Why lie at TC about throwing the challenge? I'm not sure, though it is true that he did give some effort.
3. Mike - He only had 1 confessional, but the camera found him a lot. He was completely down with throwing the challenge, and he was the only one near honest about it at TC, admitting they didn't give it 100%. Anyone else notice the shape this guy appears to be in? Wow.
4. Rooster - Had 3 confessionals and stayed relevant, even though most the strategy of the week was not initiated by him. I do not agree with risking the tie vote when he had the HII in his pocket. If just one person flipped, he could have been gone. He should have picked a Stephanie voter to confide in and had them vote Russell just to be safe. Sarita would have been the perfect choice since obviously she would never side with Stephanie, so no risk of her betraying anything.
5. David - Also got himself in the game this week, trailing only Steve and Russell for confessionals. Obviously he is supposed to be good at puzzles since people seemed to just assume he should be able to beat B-Rob, who JP has said before is very good at puzzles himself. I feel like the 3 other guys are more in control of the alliance, but we will see how the 6 breaks, eventually.
6. Andrea - Got the 2nd biggest edit at Imhotep. Was smart enough to follow my advice from last week and at least try to work herself into B-Rob's good graces while still being aware that she was betrayed. Matt has a shot to stick around, which would be great for her. She is a real wild card at this point.
7. Julie - A woman who didn't want to throw a challenge and who rode the pinwheel of death while knowing it was futile. How much did that have to suck? She made the right decision in the end. Nothing but props. Now we'll see if the strong edit for her was only because of the vote.
8. Natalie - Completely disappeared this episode, so I had to move her down. She did ride Survivor's torture wheel though, so props for that.
9. Kristina - Also endured the water torture and pulled out a win, so props.
10. Ashley - What were those now? Tiny shorts? I don't know, but I approve. The camera finds her for reaction shots. Otherwise, she is silent.
11. Sarita - She handled Stephanie's meely mouthed idiocy with maturity, and a smile. I like her and would like to move her up, but she was practically a non-participant in everything but TC.
12. Grant - Just a good soldier right now. That's about it.
13. Secret Agent Man- Went incognito this episode. Is the story over?
14. Krista - Does she speak?? But I do enjoy looking at her body, which obviously is fine with her since like Ashley she is showing as much of it as is possible for TV.
15. Stephanie - the mouse that roared, the little mouth that could... I stick with my first assessment of her: thinks she is way smarter than she is. Just can't stop the senseless drivel from spewing from her mouth. Amazing lack of awareness to rant about playing the game when she is the one in the 6-3 minority. Even if Julie had considering voting with the harem, this little salsarita practically assured that wouldn't happen with her childlike insufferableness. I believe Prodigy said it best when they said, "Slap that byotch up"
Matt - Seems to have a story and might have a shot at redemption
Russell - No, Russell, sometimes, in fact, quite often actually, things ARE exactly what they seem. I don't see redemption coming his way. I think his story is coming to an end. We can only hope it is for good.
Francesca - somehow fiddled away the biggest lead in an individual challenge that I've ever seen. Glad it happened. Cross the pond.