The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-17-10, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Third: Russhell"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-10 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

I hear all of you. I do. The fact of the matter is a million subjective arguments can be made. The arguments I list are objective. I hate to put Russell into the top 5, believe me, but results are results. I have also never been a fan of Sandra's, but there you go. You can talk until you are blue in the face and go no where, or you can just look at the results and objectively see who has done the best.

I can see making an argument that the goal is to win the game and since Russell never was close to winning, then his Finals run should be discounted.

There is some logic to that, but I won't make it. Better players go farther in the game. Always? No, certainly not, but I believe it is still enough of a truism to be considered a objective measure.

If selecting players to return to the game were random, then I would agree that it would be unfair to compare players who have played 3 times to those who played only once, but that isn't the case. There are reasons why certain players were asked to return and others weren't, and that should be considered.

This is a Hall of Fame, after all. I don't equate that with history. I also don't equate it necessarily with the 5 best game players to ever play. I instead equate it to the 5 players who accomplished the most and played the biggest role. Those who appeared in the most shows certainly played bigger roles than those who appeared in fewer shows.

Cirie had 3 chances to play Survivor. In all 3 attempts, she did not make it as far as Amanda made it in her 3 seasons. There are many factors to this, but the reality is she failed to overcome those obstacles. Remember in Fans vs. Faves none of the (byotches) women wanted Amanda to make the Finals because she was too likable. She went on an IC run to make the Finals anyway. That is called overcoming an obstacle.

By michel's standard, simply being in the first two seasons seems to entitle you to the Hall of Fame. I guess that is one way of looking at it. I don't, and as we are seeing, neither do the voters.

I would lastly point out that Fairplay quit Fans vs. Faves. That disqualifies him from the Hall of Fame. It is like betting on baseball.

>

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   CTgirl     12-13-10       
   RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   michel     12-13-10     1  
     RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   CTgirl     12-13-10     2  
         RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   michel     12-13-10     3  
         RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   SpotTheDifference     12-14-10     4  
   2nd Inductee: Boston Rob   CTgirl     12-14-10     5  
     RE: 2nd Inductee: Boston Rob   michel     12-14-10     6  
     RE: 2nd Inductee: Boston Rob   SpotTheDifference     12-14-10     7  
   Third: Russhell   CTgirl     12-16-10     8  
     RE: Third: Russhell   SpotTheDifference     12-16-10     9  
         RE: Third: Russhell   michel     12-16-10     10  
             RE: Third: Russhell   SpotTheDifference     12-16-10     11  
                 RE: Third: Russhell   michel     12-16-10     13  
                     RE: Third: Russhell   SpotTheDifference     12-16-10     15  
                         RE: Third: Russhell   michel     12-16-10     19  
             RE: Third: Russhell   byoffer     12-16-10     14  
     RE: Third: Russhell   dabo     12-16-10     12  
         RE: Third: Russhell   iltarion     12-16-10     16  
             RE: Third: Russhell   dabo     12-16-10     17  
                 RE: Third: Russhell   Starshine     12-16-10     18  
             RE: Third: Russhell   michel     12-16-10     20  
                 RE: Third: Russhell   iltarion     12-17-10     23  
                     RE: Third: Russhell   michel     12-18-10     26  
   4th: Hatch   CTgirl     12-17-10     21  
     RE: 4th: Hatch   dabo     12-17-10     22  
   5th Sandra Diaz-Twine   tribephyl     12-17-10     24  
     RE: 5th Sandra Diaz-Twine   iltarion     12-18-10     25  
   RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   Matthewop     12-31-10     27  
     RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   tarata     01-03-11     28  
         RE: Survivor Hall of Fame Inductees   Estee     01-03-11     29  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •