The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 05:46 AM (EST)

Howdy folks! It's time for the episode 3 version of the Not-So-Move of the Week.

For those of you unfamiliar with Not-So-Move of the Week, each week, I will list mistakes made by the teams in each episode. We will vote on them to decide which one was the biggest Not-So-move of the Week. The one that is chosen will move on to the season-ending vote where we will decide what was the Not-So-Move of the Season.

This was a kinda lame week for screw-ups but here we go:

1. Charla/Mirna pull over to help Brandon/Nicole after they got stuck in the mud, then watched as Brandon/Nicole stiff them in the ticket lineup at the airport.

2. Jim/Marsha are one of the early teams to arrive at the airport, book single tickets for different flights and then are forced to wait on standby for a later flight.

3. Charla fakes it with her “doctoro” Spanglish and causes Jim/Marsha to miss a flight – which leads that team to be eliminated at the end.

4. One of the Pizza Brothers take so long to moan and watch other teams hoover their way through the chocolate factory roadblock instead of just putting his head down and chowing down – this very nearly causes them to be eliminated. He also EATS the chocolates instead of just bite-and-spit, which greatly slows down the team even more. (Thanks, Matty!)

5. Kami/Karli take the more difficult way to the Pit Stop by swimming across the river, and get called out on it by Phil.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... Draco Malfoy 07-22-04 1
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... StarryLuna 07-22-04 2
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... tvgeek401 07-22-04 3
 #2 realitybites 07-22-04 4
 #2 nailbone 07-22-04 5
 #3 gatortod 07-22-04 6
 #2 Cleveland Guy 07-22-04 7
   RE: #2 PepeLePew13 07-22-04 8
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... Molaholic 07-22-04 9
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 07-22-04 10
   RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... PepeLePew13 07-22-04 11
       RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 07-23-04 18
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... memacmur 07-22-04 12
 2 strid333 07-22-04 13
 #2 buckeyegirl 07-22-04 14
 #2 dizmara 07-22-04 15
 Write in MattyMax 07-23-04 16
   RE: Write in PepeLePew13 07-23-04 17
 RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: E... geg6 07-23-04 19
 # 2 AMAI 07-23-04 20
 #2 PlumBlossom 07-23-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
>2. Jim/Marsha are one of the
>early teams to arrive at
>the airport, book single tickets
>for different flights and then
>are forced to wait on
>standby for a later flight.

No question. I don't know how this happened, but it definitely cost them the game.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-22-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
3...just because I'm still bitter about it.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-22-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
I didn't see the whole episode, but I'd have to go with...
number two.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-22-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#2"
With an honorable mention to #4 (I think it was more bad luck than a bad move but still...).

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#2"
And in addition, I think they also bought tickets for B/N.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-22-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#3"
#2 might have worked except for "doctoro" ... and then the whole episode would have been different.

#5 - simply hilarious. It would have been funnier had another team passed them by simply walking across.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-22-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#2"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-04 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

#1 - only bad cause they picked the wrong people to help. Leaving them behind wouldn't have really gained much , just sucks cause they got screwed over later by it.

#2 - cost them the race. CLEAR WINNNER

#3 - Wins " TAR Lowest move of the season so far award"

#4 - I think he was there way to long and ate too many chocolates - that was the nature of the roadblock

#5 - WAY TO FUNNY!!!

Edited to ad -

Honorable Mention : Midget sticks her hand on the electric Fence.

How do you not see that?

07-22-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: #2"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-04 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

I thought about adding that one where Charla got zapped, but I didn't see how it could have an effect on the game unless it was powerful enough to knock her out cold.

I thought along the same lines as #5 with K/K swimming across the river to get to the pit stop -- and I went with this one because there was the potential for a team or two to stroll across and pass them, thus making it a little more relevant for the Not-So-Move.

I also included #4 because I got the impression that the Pizza guy (I can't tell them apart) was spending an awful lot of time looking around, bitching and moaning instead of shutting up and just digging into the chocolates as quickly as he could. Could have really hurt them in the end, but they were able to sneak in ahead of Jim/Marsha.

Scratch and sniff

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
#1 with the double codiciles of Mirna's "electrocution" (maybe that's why she needed the 'doctoro') and when Brandon says "shoot", takes off the muddy shoe, and puts his foot (with the girlie mini sock) back down into the mud ...

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-22-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
Thank you PepeLePew for stepping in. I appreciate it.

Might as well vote since I have nothing else to do.

#1 and #3 are kinda on the same page. A team was screwed over by another team. It's not a Not So Move, it's backstabbing.

#5 was pretty dumb, but since it didn't cost them a lot of time, it doesn't deserve the top spot.

#4 was very costly. If the brothers were eliminated, this would be it.

The winner is #2. To go from arriving early to the airport to last place because of standby tickets takes the cake.

07-22-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
>Thank you PepeLePew for stepping in.
> I appreciate it.

Not a problem! I assume you will take over again next week?

>#1 and #3 are kinda on
>the same page. A
>team was screwed over by
>another team. It's not
>a Not So Move, it's
>backstabbing.

You're right... it's a backstabbing -- but also can qualify as a Not So Move as the move could lead to the other team doing something in revenge to push you back in a future episode, such as using a Yield. You don't really want to piss other teams off too much in this game if you can help it.

Scratch and sniff

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 08:11 AM (EST)

>I assume
>you will take over again
>next week?

Yes, I will.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-22-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
Have to go with #2

Why they didn't check they had actual tickets for the second flight while they were still at the counter is beyond me.

Incidentally, while I suppose the network loves the idea of allowing teams to buy/book tickets for each other (more drama), I still think it takes away from the Race aspect of the game. First in line should get the best tickets, last in line should get the worst (barring silly mistakes like my choice for this week's Not-So-Move of the Week!

MEmacmur

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-22-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "2"
But 5 was more entertaining.

Three is the perfect number.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#2"
Rule #1 in TAR: Make sure you have your tickets before leaving the counter!!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

dizmara 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-22-04, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dizmara Click to send private message to dizmara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#2"
Definitely a bad move.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Write in"
Alright, Upon reviewing the tapes, I saw that the doughboy who was searching for the white chocolate (the 'golden ticket', if you will) was actually EATING much of the chocolate!!! Also, he was only taking one at a time! Wouldn't you want to take 3 at a time and just bite and spit?! No wonder he was getting so upset and getting tired and stuff, he was gorging himself on chocolate!

But of the listed dumb moves of the week, #2 wins, of course. I mean, they were the first people there!!!

MM

07-23-04, 05:48 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Write in"
Thanks, Matty. I've edited my original post to add that in - I had a bouncing toddler in my lap who was having trouble sleeping, so there were small bits I missed or didn't have my full attention on during the show. Definitely missed that one with the brother actually eating the whole pieces & picking it up one at a time instead of doing a bite-and-spit routine with a few at once.

I don't think it's going to have much of an effect on the voting, though.

Scratch and sniff

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR5 Not-So-Move of the Week: Episode 3"
#2 is the obvious choice as it was inexplicable to me at the time and it cost them the game. #3 has me hating Charla now and this behavior may come back to haunt her, but that doesn't seem a good reason to choose this one. The Pizza Dudes are just crude idiots and I can't wait for them to go. But they haven't yet, so I can't pick this one. #5 was hysterically funny, but had no real impact on the race. And #1 is such a stupid mistake made in a similar manner by so many contestants of this show that I consider it to be par for the course for most.

Guess it's #2.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-23-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "# 2"
No contest.

It's no-one's fault but their own that they ended up on the last flight all alone.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "#2"

an IceCat original

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •