The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-04-04, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
Ok shakes, some more fresh meat here for ya, I think this analysis is a bit better though.

I think everyone agrees that players get increased airtime before their boot.

It happened in the Pearl Islands with Trish, Ryan and Tijuana. I noticed it but was too chicken to say anything here.

In fact when Tijuana got the boot everyone was sure that it was someone else but I knew it would be her if the increased airtime thing held up.

So back to allstars.

As you all know I HATE Tom Buchanan, but I noticed that he has had not only more airtime but positive airtime.

This increased airtime, does it mean the same thing as what happened in the pearl islands with trish, ryan and tijuana.

Will he get booted in the next 2 episodes.

Oh, and I guess the other factor is, does he really have increased airtime or is it just me. Because if it is just me then this theory of his boot goes out the window.

"I've been thinking about it, but the suns gone down, I don't have much time "-Kathy O'Brien

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... KeithFan 04-04-04 1
 RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... Flowerpower 04-04-04 2
   RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... RyrieRae 04-04-04 3
       RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... pmspml5 04-05-04 14
 RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... bobscure 04-04-04 4
 Disagree. MDSkinner 04-04-04 5
 Chapera Editing Jims02 04-04-04 6
   RE: Chapera Editing emydi 04-04-04 7
   RE: Chapera Editing Spidey 04-04-04 9
   RE: Chapera Editing Brat2u 04-04-04 11
       Darrah editing mrc 04-05-04 13
 RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... Outfrontgirl 04-04-04 8
   RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... Brat2u 04-04-04 10
   RE: Tom goes within the next 2 epis... Brownroach 04-05-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
I'm not sure of the air time, perhaps you could be correct. I don't, however, recall him ever getting too much "bad" editing (That is, being anything other than the good ol boy). There was cherrygate, but he was speaking for most of the others, and the Sue-Tom faceoffs, but I think MB wanted Sue to look more annoying.

I could be wrong, but I think he'll stay around for a while, mostly because, like Shii-Ann, there are bigger fish to fry, and he's not much of a physical threat or certainly not a threat between the ears.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-04 AT 08:56 AM (EST)

I don't know IE...Up till now Tom has been seen as an original member of the Chappy's, who likes to entertain the group. We know he's in an alliance with Romber, but he keeps his cards closely held. Lately though, we have seen a little more air time with Big Tom. We now know that he is favoring Rupert, and that these two have enjoyed each others company. We know that he and Jerri, when they had their little pairing off lunch, talked about the possibility of reestablishing previous ties with Lex. I think the extra exposure of Tom may just be the beginning of his story arc....not the ending. I think that his loyalties will soon be tested. But, I definately think his story is far from over. Just my thoughts!

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
If he does, then we need pay attention to a new spoiler trend for future episodes... FINISHED BUSINESS.

That's what preceded Jerri's boot... her goal was to knock off Colby. As soon as she did, her time came within 2 weeks.

Tom, last week, was caught saying that he would not leave until he went in the water with the spear... and he did.

So, let's see if the people who are edited as having a main goal, rather than winning, get cut off short. This should be interesting

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
Actually I was sick over the weekend and re watched the episode. Tom stated that he was not going to leave "today" until he touched the spear. You can barely hear it and I listened several times. He doesnt say leave here - but leave here today. Makes what he said very different.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
I'm keeping it simple. He has more airtime because there are fewer people left to give airtime to. There's often not much going on in the way of interesting events to fill that first segment and SeeBS does love those spear fishing shots. Notice they never show them picking fruit or coconuts? It's always that picturesque spear fishing. Tom's been talking about catching fish for what? Weeks? Months? Okay, that's done.

Bored Bob

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Disagree."
It seems to me that Tom has been getting this sort of air time all along, mainly because he is a character. This week he basically had a big story begin and end with the catching the fish thing, and some may argue that since his "story" has played out that this means he is leaving. That may be true, but it seems to me that this was just a story of the episode and nothing more, so it does not lead me to believe that he will be leaving shortly. And for his airtime, I would argue that he has reasonably consistently received this sort of airtime (though if anyone has the exact numbers for his and other peoples minutes of airtime this season I would love to see them).

It seems to me that right now, Tom is pretty much under the radar and he appears to have friends on both teams. He seems very unlikely to leave in the next couple of episodes for this reason, especially with the merge approaching and with the fact that he is not a particularly storng survivor in regards to challenges.

Long story short, I don't see how Tom's airtime is any indication of what is to happen to him in the next couple of episodes.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Chapera Editing"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-04 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Putting spoilers aside, yes, the editing is strange.

(It's hard to not give a sharp NO, and then go "spoiler spoiler spoiler," but I'm going to just look at it editing wise right now)

I try to find "pointless" parts of the story. Y'know, parts that could be edited out, but were added in to further along a storyline.

In the past 3 episodes Tom has been one of the most visible Chappys along with Rawb, Amber, and Rupert.

Rawb: His storyline all season seems to revolve around his numerous alliances, particularly the one with Ambuh. His airtime has been pretty consistent from episodes, save a couple increases during the romantic sections.

Amber: Amber has been more UTR than Rawb, but still surprisingly visible. This past week she has a spike of facetime, but that was due to the swap. Whether Amber's toward the end of the road or not, MB *had* to include this facetime. Another interesting tidbit. In the past seasons, there were numerous confessionals which people wanted to break up romances (S6 Deena talking about Shawna/Alex). This season, it's been extremely quiet about Rob/Amber's romance (breaking it up, that is). Interesting.

Tom: I can see what you're saying. Spoilers aside, the fishing parts is significant to me. Not really too necessary, but useful. It may foreshadow a Rupert/Tom face-off later. Also, the recrap was interesting. Rob revealed to the camera that he is playing Tom (making Tom think it's not Rob/Amber in the end). I don't think all this necessarily means a Tom boot soon, but probably later. Maybe at the hands of Rob and Rupert.

Alicia: Quite the enigma. Very, very little face time. This usually points to sticking around for awhile. However, her lack of facetime brings to mind what her strategy is. We see a lot of alliance building with Rawb, but virtually none with Alicia. Based on this week's previews, that might change.

What bothers me about this week's previews is WHY does Rawb need an *secret* alliance with Alicia? She already stated earlier that she'd stay with Chapera... Hmmmm...

Rupert: His storyline has mostly been the Alpha Male (struggling) storyline. Different though, from past seasons. With Rawb and Tom in the picture, Rupert is much more insecure about his role. Serves as kind of a foil for Boston Rob.

Jenna: She's been just as UTR as Alicia lately. Although we already know about her Rob/Amber/Rupert/Jenna alliance, we haven't much else from her since Saboga. I think editing-wise, Jenna may be in it for the long haul. Maybe it's those spoilers in my head again.

Or should I have put this in Veruca's thread?

Jims02: 2004 CMY Anti-Executee Champ

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chapera Editing"

Or should I have put this in Veruca's thread?

I thought I WAS reading Veruca's thread!

EMYDI

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Chapera Editing"
What bothers me about this week's previews is WHY does Rawb need an *secret* alliance with Alicia? She already stated earlier that she'd stay with Chapera... Hmmmm...

My guess? To keep her from bolting the Chappy alliance. I am sure she thinks she is pretty low on the totem pole over there. If Rob promises her F4 (Rob, Amber, Jenna, Alicia), she would probably not go for a Robfadder overthrow if approached by Lex, Kathy, etc.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-04, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Chapera Editing"
The way Alicia is being edited, it reminds me of Darrah.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Darrah editing"
So, that means Alicia wins! Yeah . . . oh, wait, Darrah didn't win. Oops, my bad.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
I have to agree with those who say Tom gets face time as an entertaining character (hated or no).

Tom is "present" in the experience of surviving in the Pearl Islands. He sees things through the eyes of one who's not sophisticated and jaded about yachts or getting in the water and trying out a spear.

Most of the other characters are not having fun like Tom, nor are they seeing their surroundings except as game players.

I feel that EPM always wants us to see Survivor as a life-changing experience and not just a game, and he's got a very jaded cast. I expect him to use Tom and Rupert both to remind us they're on an island in the Pacific.

If you look at the Africa face time: Tom's story went into the final episode, so there was never that specific lead-up to his boot. He got a ton of gratuitous face time, washing Kim P, talking about elephant dung in the water, his boil, on top of his big reward trip. None of it had any spoiling relevance for Tom.

That's not to say we shouldn't be on the watch this time. My personal instinct, however, is that Tom is at least F5. He would have to betray Mariano for Lex, and he's not dumb enough to do that. He's a smart player.

Rob C picked Tom out as the Chapera playing the best game at the beginning, saying NOBODY is even thinking about booting Big Tom. (Except Sue of course).

I imagine Rob C is not allowed to pick anyone from the F2 to praise, but he would have pride in his Survivor knowledge and would want to pick someone who does indeed go far.

All those not on TV have only themselves to blame ~ Jackson Browne

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
>I imagine Rob C is not
>allowed to pick anyone from
>the F2 to praise, but
>he would have pride in
>his Survivor knowledge and would
>want to pick someone who
>does indeed go far.

Interesting comment OFG.
If RobC is not allowed to pick anyone from the F2 to praise, then we should go back thru all the other bootee's picks and see who is missing - that would give us the F2.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tom goes within the next 2 episodes?"
I imagine Rob C is not allowed to pick anyone from the F2 to praise, but he would have pride in his Survivor knowledge and would want to pick someone who does indeed go far.

OFG, I thought exactly the same thing when Rob said this. He could never bring himself to say someone was playing a great game if the person got booted shortly after the merge. I might even hazard a guess he picked Tom because Tom goes at Final 3 just like Rob did, but we shall see...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •