The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Panic Attacks??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Panic Attacks??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

Has anyone on this board every had a panic attack?? If so, then you know that what we've seen from these HGs is not even CLOSE to a true panic attack!! It's an improper use of the word and they should be corrected from throwing it around so lightly. I haven't seen Lisa or TJ have a "panic attack". I've seen Lisa cry, get hyper and mean. I've seen TJ sob and once she stormed off, but Panic Attack? No way.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Panic Attacks?? SeasonedRefinement 11-21-05 1
   RE: Panic Attacks?? imstartingoveralso 11-21-05 3
       RE: Panic Attacks?? kctrey23 12-19-05 29
           RE: Panic Attacks?? bentherdunthat 12-20-05 31
       RE: Panic Attacks?? rsmith6861 12-20-05 33
   RE: Panic Attacks?? pegasustt 11-21-05 7
 RE: Panic Attacks?? SOfan0221 11-21-05 2
 RE: Panic Attacks?? rookwood 11-21-05 4
   RE: Panic Attacks?? pegasustt 11-21-05 8
 RE: Panic Attacks?? RealityLvr 11-21-05 5
 RE: Panic Attacks?? EnfanTerrible 11-21-05 6
   RE: Panic Attacks?? ia_lady 11-21-05 9
 RE: Panic Attacks?? SOwatch 11-21-05 10
 RE: Panic Attacks?? speechprof 11-21-05 11
   RE: Panic Attacks?? Amalfi coast girl 11-22-05 12
 RE: Panic Attacks?? AuntieMToto2 11-22-05 13
   RE: Panic Attacks?? speechprof 11-22-05 14
       RE: Panic Attacks?? stankgirl 11-22-05 15
           RE: Panic Attacks?? alyse73 11-22-05 16
               RE: Panic Attacks?? Divadeb51 11-22-05 17
                   RE: Panic Attacks?? Amalfi coast girl 11-22-05 18
 RE: Panic Attacks?? cinteg 11-22-05 19
   RE: Panic Attacks?? Doeskin 11-22-05 20
       RE: Panic Attacks?? Doeskin 11-22-05 21
           RE: Panic Attacks?? Zoey 11-23-05 22
               RE: Panic Attacks?? Redbud 11-28-05 28
 RE: Panic Attacks?? Anne18 11-23-05 23
 RE: Panic Attacks?? Manowar 11-23-05 24
   RE: Panic Attacks?? Micromanage 11-23-05 25
       RE: Panic Attacks?? love 11-24-05 26
           RE: Panic Attacks?? crazeec 11-27-05 27
 RE: Panic Attacks?? ElenaNY 12-19-05 30
   RE: Panic Attacks?? Redbud 12-20-05 32
       RE: Panic Attacks?? ElenaNY 12-21-05 34
           RE: Panic Attacks?? Redbud 12-21-05 36
 RE: Panic Attacks?? hawkfrog 12-21-05 35
   RE: Panic Attacks?? Redbud 12-21-05 37
       RE: Panic Attacks?? ElenaNY 12-23-05 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-21-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

Redbud, yes. It sort of reminds me of people who say, "Oh I have a migraine". If you had a migraine, chances are you'd be weeping into a pillow in a darkened room.

My brother suffered from panic attacks. What he described was an intense desire to disappear. He felt like he was dying, his heart felt like it would explode, his throat closed, he couldn't breathe...and there's little or no warning that it's going to happen.

There were actually times that he would sit down against a wall in mid-town Manhattan with his head down, waiting for this to pass. In NYC, nobody really noticed, LOL.

I think TJ was headed to a dangerous place, but I don't think it was a panic attack. Lisa? Those are temper tantrums, not panic attacks. If they were, there would be a lot of medicated toddlers out there.

imstartingoveralso 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-21-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imstartingoveralso Click to send private message to imstartingoveralso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
>LAST EDITED ON 11-21-05
>AT 02:55 PM (EST)

>
>Redbud, yes. It sort of
>reminds me of people who
>say, "Oh I have a
>migraine". If you had
>a migraine, chances are you'd
>be weeping into a pillow
>in a darkened room.
>
My thoughts exactly--and I had the same analogy in mind. I have migraine disease and know the intensity of the pain(death seems a better alternative sometimes) and when people throw the term around lightly I find it disrespectful.

>My brother suffered from panic attacks.
> What he described was
>an intense desire to disappear.
> He felt like he
>was dying, his heart felt
>like it would explode, his
>throat closed, he couldn't breathe...and
>there's little or no warning
>that it's going to happen.
>
>
>>
>I think TJ was headed to
>a dangerous place, but I
>don't think it was a
>panic attack. Lisa?
>Those are temper tantrums, not
>panic attacks. If they
>were, there would be a
>lot of medicated toddlers out
>there.

I think we've all had incidents where our emotions got really spinning out of control, as have Lisa and TJ. But I totally agree with you, it is disrespectful to a real sufferer to call those panic attacks.

kctrey23 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kctrey23 Click to send private message to kctrey23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Does everyone in here have an advanced degree in Psychology/Psychoterapy?? I've had panic and anxiety attacks in the past, and from what I've read, the symptoms exhibited by the Lisa or TJ could be panic attacks. Since we've all started to diagnose them, what characteristcs have they NOT exhibited that would lead you to believe they're not experiencing panic attacks??

From what I've experienced and the info I've read, you can have certain symptoms that indicate a panic attack, but you don't necessarily have to have all of the symptoms.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
>Does everyone in here have an
>advanced degree in Psychology/Psychoterapy??
>I've had panic and anxiety
>attacks in the past, and
>from what I've read, the
>symptoms exhibited by the Lisa
>or TJ could be panic
>attacks. Since we've all
>started to diagnose them, what
>characteristcs have they NOT exhibited
>that would lead you to
>believe they're not experiencing panic
>attacks??

Since the Original poster refers specifically to TJ and Lisa here are the symptoms that they did not show that me to believe that they were not experiencing an actual "panic attack"

terror that is almost paralyzing
trembling, sweating, shaking
choking, chest pains
hot flashes, or sudden chills
tingling in fingers or toes ('pins and needles')
fear that you're going to go crazy or are about to die

While TJ and Lisa both have been in situations where they were highly stressed, it certainly was not a bona fide panic attack.
In fact..the only symptoms they did show was a lot of hyperventilating and crying..and in Lisa's case, she got so worked up she felt nauseous. It's called a tantrum, or a hissy fit. My 3 year old acts the same way when she's told she can't have another cookie, or it's time to leave Chuck E. Cheese. Now I don't doubt that both women were incredibly upset-but a panic attack? No way.

rsmith6861 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-20-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rsmith6861 Click to send private message to rsmith6861 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I agree with you all. I have had panic attacks and it was due to a shooting I was in. I had a trigger response and what happened was my body reacted in exactly the same way it did during the shooting. My heart raced, I litterly peed my pants, I couldn't get my breath and I came close to passing out. This is one reason why so many times panic attacks are suspected of being heart attacks until it's either ruled out by a physician or as in my case, I've been taught to recognize the signs of panic attacks and can use the tools I was taught to talk myself back to "normalcy". In fact, my former counselor who is my life coach now and a personal friend came to see me in the hospital 2 weeks ago. We were laughing in fact because I was in the hospital because I'd actually had a bonified heart attack..and as she teased me.. "This definitely wasn't a panic attack, huh?" This time, my heart actually stopped beating and I was found lying on my kitchen floor, no pulse, no heart beat. "Nope, this was the real thing this time." Actually, I've never been in the ER for a panic attack. I've always been able to recognize the triggers. But to your point on this thread, I have yet to see a real panic attack from anyone on this season. I've seen Allison TRY to achieve one with her hyperventilation act, but I don't know about you guys. I sure didn't buy into it.

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-05, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I agree! I have migrane's and you don't walk around and say "oh I have a migrane". I'm in the bed with mine throwing up, and vision problems come wtih the onset of mine!

I also have panic attacks and I've not seen anyone in that house have one.

TT

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I agree, I had a panic attack after a very, very close call auto accident and I only had it after I thought of all the bad things that could have happened. I could not breath and when I did it was big gulping breaths of air, no regular breathing pattern and I actually thought I was going to die.

What these HG have had are anxiety attacks. Not as severe but very stressful.

Did you notice the panic attack expert was Miss Allison. I don't think she has panic attacks so much as a case of the vapors. lol

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rookwood Click to send private message to rookwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I've experienced panic attacks and migranes. Both SUCK, but in some ways, I think I almost prefer the migrane, because I know eventually it will pass. With a panic attack, I feel like I will be that way FOREVER, and that's the most terrifying part. My hands shake, I can feel my pulse in my throat and my heart palpitates, I feel light-headed, and as if I am going to explode. I gulp for air, my entire body feels like its trembling, and the worst part is I DON'T KNOW WHY. There's no specific reason, at least nothing consciously aparent. I want to cry and cry and cry and never stop, even though I can't breathe. If there are people around, that makes it much worse, because I'm terrified of "losing control" in front of anyone. When people are around, it's even more surreal, because you're maybe sitting in a nice restaurant having lunch, and everything seems outwardly normal, people around you going about their business eating and having conversations, waiters doing their thing, etc - and yet my body and brain are reacting as though I am in a war zone, in imminent, terrible danger. It feels like I am going crazy, and I can't stop it, don't know how to stop it, just want to "disappear" like one poster mentioned - I just want to be invisible, and sometimes death does seem like a viable option, because in that frightening, crazy moment, I really don't know what's going to happen to me, or if I'll ever feel "normal" and okay again.

Trust me - you don't want to have a real panic attack. Mine started when I was about 11 or 12, due to being in situations where I was not safe and had no control over anything. I think now my brain sort of misfires or overreacts to situations, jumping straight to "fight or flight" even though there is no real danger. Five years ago, I actually had one at my own book signing - just imagine how mortified and embarassed I was. Some of my family was even there to celebrate my day - I wanted to DIE rather than have them see me like that. The harder I tried not to cry, the more I did. I was a complete mess. I wanted to crawl under a rock and DIE. I certainly did NOT verbally attack anyone like Lisa did - it was all I could do to keep muttering "I'm so sorry, I'm just so sorry..." to whoever was around.

What I've seen from these women so far - not panic attacks. Outbursts, fits, tantrums, histrionics, drama - yes, but true panic attacks, no.

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pegasustt Click to send private message to pegasustt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I Agree!

what is the title of you book?

RealityLvr 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityLvr Click to send private message to RealityLvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I haven't seen TJ or Lisa have a true panic attach either. I do believe TJ has them, but it isn't one of her issues on the show. The show already dealt with panic attacks and don't want to focus on them anymore, so just because we're not seeing the panick attacks, doesn't mean someone isn't haveing a true panic attack.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-21-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I agree, it's slap aginst people who really have panic attacks. These are emotional meltdowns from people who never learned coping skills.

ia_lady 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ia_lady Click to send private message to ia_lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I wonder why they put that in the show about the panic attackes?? I believe they had that last season if I can remember that a HG had panic attackes in the elevators.They would have Dr. Stan on it if that were so true. So I don`t think they are having panic attackes at all. Maybe a bit of an anxiety attack those are no fun either but not physical involved as panic attack is. Well so no more Lisa oh well I was hoping that girl would have made the changes that she needed.Hey if Ronda told me to get rid of the necklaces I would of had to 2 for one sale but, I don`t know if she had ever heard of that. oh well wonder who will replace her Humm does any one think that they might think of having Josie back she was very upset about the way things were going in her life. Idon`t know ,you just never know what will happen next.

SOwatch 35 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOwatch Click to send private message to SOwatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I totally agree. I don't think they know the meaning of the phrase "panic attack." I agree with the migraine as well. I have suffered from them for many years and they aren't just a regular headache believe you me. I'm put out of commission for a while with chills, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound, etc.

speechprof 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-05, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speechprof Click to send private message to speechprof Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Where's Dr. Stan when you need him??? He's definitely got the training to identify a panic attack. I agree with the comments here. Obviously, we haven't seen a real panic attack this season. However, panic attacks (and migraines) are serious business--something the "audience" needs to be aware of. Why not deal with them in a responsible way and BREAK the stereotype that everyone in "crisis" that's emotional is just having a panic attack? Instead the show seems to be going for ratings.

Come on Starting Over. Be responsible this season. We (your audience) know you can be. We miss the old Starting Over!!!

Anyone agree?

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to send private message to Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
We miss the old Starting Over!!!

I absolutely agree?

AuntieMToto2 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AuntieMToto2 Click to send private message to AuntieMToto2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I totally agree with you about the panic attacks. I have had major panic attacks and if I still did I wouldn't even be able to stay in the SO house!

I think that anyone who has never had a real panic attack cannot understand the extreme physical and emotional upset that one endures going through them. I never would have believed it if I hadn't had them myself. I thought I was going crazy, going to die and even going to commit suicide (although that's the last thing I'd ever want to do). I just thought somehow it would happen.

I've had agoraphobia and panic disorder for most of my life but I did get help, thank God.

I haven't seen anyone in the SO house even close to a panic attack. I think they're just driving themselves to panic rather than experiencing true "panic disorder".

speechprof 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speechprof Click to send private message to speechprof Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
AuntieMToto2,

I'm glad you got some help for yourself. And yes, you're right these aren't real panic attacks. In fact, if they were it would be irresponsible of the production staff/SO NOT to get help for the HGs.

I think you hit the nail on the head--they are just driving themselves to panic rather than experiencing true "panic disorder."

stankgirl 59 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stankgirl Click to send private message to stankgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have suffered from panic attacks and it felt like I was dying. I couldn't breathe and my heart would palpitate and there was no known reason for them to start.

alyse73 87 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alyse73 Click to send private message to alyse73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have panic attacks my mom has them really bad. I think Allison didn't like the fact the attention was off her for 2 minutes. TJ might have panic attacks but I do not think Lisa does. She cries but not of being scared and heart racing but b/c she needs the sympathy.

Divadeb51 7 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Divadeb51 Click to send private message to Divadeb51 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have had panic attacks since I was 17 and after a car accident left me with severe neck problems. I'm now in my 50's and still have problems with panic tho don't have many full blown panic attacks anymore. (thank God!) Anyway, the thing I'm getting at is that you can have a panic disorder-and have free floating anxiety or have full blown panic attacks-and many things in between! And also I think different people handle the anxiety/panic in different ways. I try to cover it up so I won't feel embarrassed (one of my biggest fears!!) So very few people know about my anxiety problems-only those closest to me and if you asked others they wouldn't believe it!! So maybe TJ and Lisa both have panic disorders-and their attacks come out differently than others-Lisa blows up and swears like a sailor and TJ falls apart!! Doesn't make it any less real to them-

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to send private message to Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I appreciated it that TJ pointed out to Allison that she didn't have panic attacks. However, I think her point may have not been strong enough to get through to the entire viewing audience.

However, giving SO credit (which I haven't been doing much of lately), at least that scene did not land on the cutting room floor.

Maybe...... there is still hope for the SO production staff yet.

cinteg 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cinteg Click to send private message to cinteg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have suffered from panic attacks. The the "fright and flight" feelings kick in....I thought I'd die if I didn't get out of the situation I was in. My heart raced, my palms sweated....I flew!! What I see on SO is angry babies crying...not panic.

Doeskin 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doeskin Click to send private message to Doeskin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have suffered panic attacks (with a dash of agoraphobia) for most of my life. In my experience there are the heart palpitations, surreal feelings of dread and the uncontrollable urge to get the heck out of dodge. This usually take place in places like the mall or large crowds or in situations where I feel well beyond the realm of control (that's why I love internet shopping!!) Once an attack gets going, it is really hard to reel it back in an is compounded by feeling out of your element and the possibility of shame of people realizing you are on the verge of a possible freak out (though I have never had a public display, it is just the fear and the overwhelming feeling). When they come on, the last place I want to be is in the company of anyone who I can't trust or don't know (let alone be antagonized) - I just want to be alone to reset.

Of course, this is how mine manifest and there does seem to be some standard symptoms that are prevalent.

By all appearances and in my humble opinion, the reactions of TJ and Lisa seems to be more out of frustration and immaturity (respectively) than Panic Disorder. However, I didn't write the book, just a genuine sufferer of the disorder.

I think the LCs should visit the subject and edify the HGs. Not only for the purpose of correcting their flailing around of the word for any emotional meltdown, but also so the LCs can be more empathetic to any guests that suffer the disorder instead of holding their a$$es over the flames and possibly making things worse.

Doeskin 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doeskin Click to send private message to Doeskin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
oh, and as a footnote to my previous novel I found that the "Mindfulness" theory is sometimes helpful in my situation - if I can remember to be present when they happen!

^ds^

ps. migraines suck!!

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I suffer from panic attacks as well as agoraphobia and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).

I hadn't left the house for 9 years. It's been a year and 2 months since I've recieved help and medication for my problems.

I can tell you though, that not everyone exibits the same symptoms of panic.

I think it's unfair to say with absolute conviction that another is not having a panic attack, just because they don't share the same symptoms as you.

Don't be your own worst enemy. We should support each other, not belittle other people's perception of anxiety problems.

Mine have disabled me for a long time but that doesn't mean that other people don't suffer as well.

11-28-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
>I suffer from panic attacks as
>well as agoraphobia and OCD
>(obsessive compulsive disorder).
>
>I hadn't left the house for
>9 years. It's been
>a year and 2 months
>since I've recieved help and
>medication for my problems.
>
>I can tell you though, that
>not everyone exibits the same
>symptoms of panic.
>
>I think it's unfair to say
>with absolute conviction that another
>is not having a panic
>attack, just because they don't
>share the same symptoms as
>you.
>
>Don't be your own worst enemy.
>We should support each other,
>not belittle other people's perception
>of anxiety problems.
>
>Mine have disabled me for a
>long time but that doesn't
>mean that other people don't
>suffer as well.

Zoey, I agree that not everyone suffers the same, but as everyone here as posted, what we have seen on screen are NOT panic attacks. It is unfair to characterize them as such and my personal feeling is that it belittles the true terror and discomfort of a true panic attack. The HGs may "suffer", but it's not from panic attacks judging from what we've seen.

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I know panic/anxiety attacks very well. I have them but now under control with medication. Only Meg from last season was the only one that came close to having a true anxiety/panic attack - come to think of it, she did have a few. So, TJ and Allison have Panic? When did TJ say she had them? When did Allison say she had them? Missed that.

Manowar 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Manowar Click to send private message to Manowar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
First my heart starts racing, I begin to sweat,first down my forehead and then profusely around my neck I feel weak, I am afraid I am going to faint. My hands become sweaty, I start to run to somewhere where I could sit down, and pray all the way and crying.

Micromanage 51 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Micromanage Click to send private message to Micromanage Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
More importantly, I think what troubled some of us was

a) Allison said they had spent a great deal of time on TJ's panic attacks. That is something most of us either didn't see or didn't understand as something that was being addressed.

b) I think we were all wondering, as was TJ, where Allison was going with that. I still don't know. What did it have to do with Lisa? I wish they had asked her to explain that.

love 139 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love Click to send private message to love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Tj said she does not have panic attacks that she is naturally hyper. I think she was in an emotional break down because of the house and not feeling supportive. panic attacks are different. Allison was just running at the mouth. Lisa didn't appear to have one either, she was upset becasue she had some responsibilty, angry at the world maybe but no physical symptoms.

crazeec 46 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazeec Click to send private message to crazeec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Panic Disorder here (and other issues). I would not wish a panic attack on the devil himself. imho I haven't seen anything close to a real panic episode on the show. Maybe that is edited out. It's bandied about in a way I do feel is disrespectful of anyone that has even been through one. Panic attacks and agoraphobic backgrounds and feelings are often combined. Different symptoms as many have already noted on this thread. Especially the fear of being embarrased and wanting to flee to deal with it alone. The fear of not knowing when or where they might occur although in my case thankfully I have finally found a treatment that helps to an extent, I still have that fear. That is what confused me about Allison's remark that they spent so much time dealing with TJ's panic attack. I can't think of anyway anyone can deal with someone else's panic attack except maybe Dr. Stan. Maybe they Think they can? And the only one I can believe might be having the real thing is TJ because of her wish to connect with other people. If Allison has ever been through a true panic attack I cannot believe she would make that statement. It's like saying the other HG's have an excuse not to make progress. Blame TJ.

ElenaNY 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElenaNY Click to send private message to ElenaNY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I have panic disorder and no I have not seen a member have a panic attack. I have seen Jessica come close during one of her assignments about the rubble during 9/11 when Rhonda poured stones all over ground. I saw Jill almost have one when she found out about her tumor. TJ has problems with anxiety but I have never seen her have a panic attack and Allison had a small one when she was told she could be next to graduate. But, no I have never seen one have a full blown panic attack. The only housemate I have seen have one was Meg.

12-20-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
>I have panic disorder and no
>I have not seen a
>member have a panic attack.
>I have seen Jessica come
>close during one of
>her assignments about the rubble
>during 9/11 when Rhonda poured
>stones all over ground. I
>saw Jill almost have one
>when she found out about
>her tumor. TJ has problems
>with anxiety but I have
>never seen her have a
>panic attack and Allison had
>a small one when she
>was told she could be
>next to graduate. But, no
>I have never seen one
>have a full blown panic
>attack. The only housemate I
>have seen have one was
>Meg.

Was Meg the lady who was afraid to fly and get on an elevator? In my opinion, she had phobias, but I never saw her have a panic attack. But that could be that I missed an episode. If you've ever had a true panic attack, there's no mistaking it.

12-21-05, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElenaNY Click to send private message to ElenaNY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
That was Meg. Panic attacks come in different forms and not everyone experiences the same symptoms...some people just have rapid heart beat and they hyperventilate. Dr. Stan and Iyanla were using exposure therapy to treat her panic attacks and they became more confined and less intense. But, I have to agree they were less intense than what I have experienced. I would actually like to go on the show but my panic disorder is holding me back.Panic attacks are terrifying and and they often can be debilitating. I lost my job and became agoraphobic as a result of panic attacks. But, not everyone experiences the same symptoms.

12-21-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Panic attacks are different than phobias. Did Meg suffer an onscreen actual panic attack??? Nevertheless, I conquered my panic attacks through sheer visualization, determination, meditation that I learned through books. I was afraid to fly and take elevators and now I am on 6-8 planes every month for business and staying on the 43rd floor of hotels - nothing phases me. But I remember the terrible fear and how it lead to the restriction of more and more activities as you fear not only the attack, the you fear HAVING the attack. Peace be with you.

hawkfrog 43 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hawkfrog Click to send private message to hawkfrog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Panic and Anxiety Attacks vary for the person involved.

I have had them since I was 10. I'm 30. No one knows when I have them now unless I have been drinking.

So, They very well might be having them.

12-21-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
I did real well at avoiding the situations that induced them like I'd walk up 5 flights before an appointment so no one knew I hadn't taken the elevator. But when I was in the process of having one, it's real hard for someone not to notice!

12-23-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Panic Attacks??"
Yes, Meg did have a panic attack but it was stopped before got worse. I have phobias and panic disorder so my phobias trigger panic attacks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •