The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-04 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

In Africa, Lex's alliance has a lead of 6-4 after the merge. What is the first thing Lex does? he gets his alliance to vote off 2 of their own members (Clarence and kelly). I found it truly amazing that he was able to convince his tribe to voluntarily give up there numerical edge. They were lucky enough to recover from that incident, and until last night I thought that it was the stupidest gameplay I had ever seen.

However, Lex's actions the last 3 weeks has been even worse. And last night had to be the worst decision ever made by a tribe. Voting off Richard, Colby and Ethan with the game still having physical tribal challenges did not make much sense. They were left with Lex, Kathy, SA and Jerri for challenges. I almost wanted to see a physical challenge so that they could be soundly beaten and shown the error of there ways. MB took pity on the weakest tribe ever and gave them a memory challenge instead.

BUT Choosing to vote off Jerri instead of Amber has to be the stupidest decision ever made. Jerri is an ally. An annoying ally, but an ally. Amber is a member of the other side and did little to remove that view after the switch. Jerri was willing to look out for Lex. She also has somewhat of a relationship with Jenna and Rupert from the begining part of the game. Amber is a member of the other side.

If you vote off Amber, you are only down 5-4. You can work with that. In Thailand teams competed as tribes for quite a while. With a 1 person differential, even if there was a merge next week, you might be able to do something. Overcoming a 6-3 edge is a much more difficult challenge.

However, in his warped mind, he decides it is better to keep a member of the other side over an ally. That is just crazy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... nailbone 04-02-04 1
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... managerr 04-02-04 2
       RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... TDeniseS 04-02-04 3
           RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... atimberger1 04-02-04 4
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... steppingrazor42 04-02-04 13
       RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... DRONES 04-04-04 15
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... Brownroach 04-02-04 5
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... managerr 04-02-04 7
       RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... Brownroach 04-02-04 9
           RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... PepeLePew13 04-02-04 10
               RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... mrc 04-02-04 12
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... DRONES 04-04-04 16
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... Rothschild 04-02-04 6
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... CRyanShort 04-02-04 8
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... JohnMc 04-02-04 11
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... CaptainP 04-03-04 14
       RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... RyrieRae 04-04-04 18
 RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... Lightmage81 04-04-04 17
   RE: WAs this the stupidest vote eve... RyrieRae 04-04-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Correction: in his warped mind, he decided it was better to keep a possible strong post-merge ally over a n-matter-what-happens weak ally.

We all know that Lex is playing for the merge, which is why he stupidly cut Rich, Colby and Ethan before Jerri and Shii. So keeping Amber, and keeping himself in Rob's good graces would seemingly benefit him more and longer than keeping Jerri.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-02-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Key word is "possible". Lex and Rob M better be really close friends in real life, because otherwise this made no sense.

I don't understand why you *wouldn't* want Rob M. as pissed off as possible. In the long term, breaking up the pairing and getting Rob M to act his irrational evil self is exactly playing into your hands.

I understand the logic, but going down 6-3 is ridiculous, what kind of favors can you ask for when there's only 3 of you left anyway? They'll vote off Shii Ann before you? If Lex was so sure Tom would jump as Kathy said, then you want to go in at 5-4 so you can take control after the merge.

Lex + Kathy = One of the worst Survivor moves I've ever seen.

I'll also give the Robfather some credit. And Amber fought too. Good for them. >gag<

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
>I'll also give the Robfather some credit. And Amber fought too. Good for them. >gag<

Lex did what he thought was best for his "end game." Rob and Amber ROCK...... IMHO...they deserve to win at this point.

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I disagree completely....

Rob did some work to save amber, but when faced with saving herself, all amber did was joke about it, and then use rob, as the reason why they should save her. "It'll be me, rob, you, lex, and tom"

I mean really, is she just trying to hand the million to rob if they do end up being the final two.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-02-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I think Lex is thinking 2 steps ahead. By keeping Amber he kind of gets a free pass into Robs head, if he had voted her off it would've been messy. I don't think he would've been able to sway anyone (they ALL loved Amber, it's too early for them to cut tribal ties). Now Rob has to make good on his promise and at least sit down with Lex and discuss his view on who is worth what, something he never could've done otherwise. I think Lex is thinking along the lines of a "Trojan Horse" method. Or at least that's what he's thinking.
It wasn't that bad of a move....he just has to hope that Rob keeps good on his word, period.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-04, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Inside the Trojan Horse there was an army, Lex just has a banged up platoon.

DRONES

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I'm sure the general audience thinks it was a stupid move, and at face value it was.

But Shakes makes a case for why it was a smart move here. I agree it was smart if Rob and Lex did make some kind of pre-game plan and Lex is counting on Rob (and Tom) to get him to the end. And having some kind of understanding with Rob would also explain why Lex was slicing off all the other strength from his tribe pre-merge.

Now that he did that, Lex doesn't have many options. The only reason for Lex to have kept Jerri this time would be in the hope that the tribes don't merge next week and that new Mogo Mogo loses the IC so things can even out. Both are pretty big IFs over which Lex has virtually no control.

Lex feels more confident of his own abilities to capitalize on relationships later on to keep him in the game. That's how he's chosen to play. Since *we* have a pretty good idea of how the rest of the game is gonna go, it's obvious Lex will be wrong, but there's a consistency to what he's been doing. Hindsight will reveal that he would have been smarter to play differently.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-02-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I'm sure they had a friendship and probably, but if what MB and CBS says it's true, then the players didn't know who else was playing other than their tribemembers. There would have been no time for Rob and Lex to formalize an alliance agreement or a strategy. If Lex is/was counting on pre-existing friendships to carry him through the game, then I still think that was an insipid strategy.

I do understand the logic behind what he was thinking, I just think it's also typical weird Lex behavior that will once again cost him the game. I think you could let Lex play this game 100 times and he'd never win.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
...the players didn't know who else was playing other than their tribemembers. There would have been no time for Rob and Lex to formalize an alliance agreement or a strategy.

I think it would be more a case of Rob and Lex generally agreeing, while casting was not yet finalized, that they would try to get each other to the end if they could, if they both made AllStars. Of course, Amber would not have been in the picture then.

I didn't watch F3 so I didn't realize Lex had played so weirdly then too.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Let's not forget that Lex and Rob also had time together during their picnic before the new buffs were drawn, so they had more of an opportunity to work out what-if scenarios -- we weren't shown much of their time alone.

I agree that they probably had a generalized agreement before casting was firmed down -- from what I hear, they were friends outside of the game and they probably got the feeler phone calls from MB and his boys and then they turned to each other and said something like "well, wouldn't it be cool if we were both picked? Hey, we can help each other if we make it." Then they got into the show and Lex (while knowing Kathy is bonding with the Chaperas) booted Rich, Ethan and Colby with the hopes that Rob would still back him up when they merge.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
It was a stupid move b/c Lex should have recognized how desparate Rob was to protect Amber. Based on his own observations and Kathy's intel, it should have been obvious that Rob and Amber were an item and that Rob would choose the alliance below his belt over any other alliance.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-04, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
BR, that is one long leap. Ethan and Lex were friends and their partnership brought them to the final 3 before. Unless Rob and Lex specifically talked about this possibility before hand, I don't see any reason for Lex to want to go into the merge 5-4, other than poor game play.

DRONES

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Lex is a complete idiot ... Voting off Ethan -- an ally and friend ... Keeping Amber ... what more can be said ... please go soon ... use some of the green paint and cover up the ugly body "art" ....

CRyanShort 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
You may have a point, especially since the CBS website says that the tribes finally merge. 5-4 is much easier with which for them to manuever.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-02-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I agree with people like Shakes and Brownroach that the strategy to keep Amber and vote off Jerri was the best move there was.

Important strategy note to follow:

Mogo Mogo did not keep Amber because of Rob, but because of Chapera.

Jerri and Alicia came back to hug Amber after the wacked out switch. Rupert also said that Amber belonged there with Chapera. Amber is clearly loved by all of the Chapera tribe, and isn't just being protected by Rob. They have built a strong tribe unity, even with 2 new Saboga tribe members.

By keeping Amber around, Chapera (new MM) can look at voting off someone within, and they don't have to look at strictly pagonging at this point. If they had booted Amber, then any Mogo (new Ch) that didn't have immunity was subject to being voted out, and Kathy/Lex/Shii would be gone 1/2/3 (not necessarily the order). The 3some will also have an easier time convincing 2 Chaps (new MM) to vote with them, probably to split up Rob/Amber, than they will as a block of 4. Chapera is too tight to split one person off; you have to take them in 2s, like Big Tom and Rupert, or Alicia and Jenna.

The great thing, at this point, is that any Chapera tribe member who makes F2 can be guaranteed at least 4 votes if A)they go against a Mogo and B)if someone hasn't been too plssed off in the process of their own boot.

I don't think a Mogo can win at this point, but they can at least see how long they can last.

CaptainP 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CaptainP Click to send private message to CaptainP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I gotta disagree with ya, John. ; p

I do like the thinking that Chapera works in 2's, so if that is the case, you want to isolate one of that pair. Take Amber out of the equation. Make Boston Rob lose his focus in the game. They WANT to make him angry and make him emotional. They should be looking for anything to stir up emotions in the new Mogo Mogo camp, and take advantage of it. You then target those in his camp that are trying to distance themselves from Boston Rob's blow-up. Jerri could have been an advantage here and work to get Jenna and Alicia to their side to take out the immunity threat, Boston Rob.

Lex lost his focus in Africa once with T-Bird's vote, and it almost turned the tide of the game. Creating anger and paranoia in a tribe can only help a person out. Kathy should have known this, but she is letting her prior relationship with Boston Rob cloud her judgment.

If new Mogo Mogo really seems to be as solid as you say, then there is no way that Lex and Kathy can get past that if they keep Amber. They would not turn on themselves just to give Lex and Kathy a pass over people who have been with them since the beginning. So what else could they do? Vote out Shi-Ann before Lex and Kathy? That's not so much of a buy in time for them as a reward for saving Amber.

I always liked Lex and Kathy. But this season, starting with the Rich vote, they royally screwed-up this game.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
Stupid, or not, I believe I would have done the same thing. Before last week it was 6-4, Chapera (Lex's team) down (based on tribal loyalties, not actual tribes). Many are saying that booting Amber would make their minority easier to play with, but let's face it they are still a target for pagonging.

Whether it's 6-3, or 5-4, Chapera is still a minority with a pretty good chance going home either way. So it's time to do something drastic...

What they did was use a basic tool of negotiation. When you are trying to get something you want, you have to give the enemy something in return. What Chapera did was say "We'll give you Amber if you give us something we want." More specifically, this is what Lex said to Rob.

Also, not voting out Amber was a smart play because it created shock value. When your voting is predictable, you are vulnerable. Pull out an ace and you have an edge. MogoMogo has already said goodbye to Amber, and they truly expect her to be voted out. When they find out Chapera kept her, this will give Chapera an edge.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
just a digression,

its pretty interesting cos Amber and Jerri were like the best pals in the outback (MEEEETBALL SUUBS!!!!) And they voted against each other last week.

Lex is screwed in terms of numerical advantage and his tribe is going up against a a very united mogo mogo (or chapera or whatever...). The current Chapera is gonna pagonged.

At this point, I hope to see Amber and RobM make the final2. They have played the game well... and managed to make a cute couple as well!

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: WAs this the stupidest vote ever"
I would also like to say something about the stupidity of voting power players Rich, Ethan, and Colby. The fact is, I think it was smart.

First of all, how did Rich ever contribute to a Challenge?

Second, I wasn't that impressed with Colby at the challenges either. I huess everyone was overshadowed by Rob M.

Third, Ethan was a total freak show at the challenges. He was just one big panick attack which usually led to his teams demise.

So, keeping them on your team obviously wasn't helping, so may as well get rid of them, and keep losing anyway, but at least you're still playing, right? I mean, MogoMogo was doomed early on, but at least Lex is going to outlast everyone on his tribe.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •