The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"DON'T BLAME GREG"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-00, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"DON'T BLAME GREG"
It's not fair to blame Greg as the person who "cost" Kelly the million dollars. Why couldn't it be Soozan's vote (like she said) that would be the one vote to keep Kelly from winning the million? I think Greg may have wanted to vote for Dicque anyway(if he had to make his own independent choice) because he said a few times that he respected the way Dicque plotted a strategy from the very beginning and followed it through to the end. Or what about Colleen? She said she was going to vote for Dicque and then changed her mind at the last minute. And Soozan's rant probably helped to shake up some minds. Even though I respected what Gervase said about Soozan when he cast his vote, I was quite surprised he voted for Kelly over Dicque.

Trying to say that one person's vote caused Kelly to lose is very unfair. I think Greg was trying to say by using his numbers strategy that, really, he didn't care for either contestant all that much so it really didn't make any difference to him who won.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: DON'T BLAME GREG meg2000 08-24-00 1
   RE: DON'T BLAME GREG DivaByTheSea 08-24-00 2
       RE: DON'T BLAME GREG RavinDave 08-24-00 4
       RE: DON'T BLAME GREG BlueDude 08-24-00 5
       RE: DON'T BLAME GREG DivaRachel 08-24-00 7
 RE: DON'T BLAME GREG janisella 08-24-00 3
 RE: DON'T BLAME GREG Irisheyes 08-24-00 6
 Blame Greg dangerboy 08-24-00 8
   I second that! AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-00 9
       I disagree viget 08-25-00 10
           Quack! dangerboy 08-25-00 11
           I disagree... AyatollahKhomeini 08-25-00 12
               RE: I agree with AyaK..... Dalton 08-25-00 13
                   RE: I agree with AyaK..... AyatollahKhomeini 08-25-00 14
               RE: I disagree... NTK 08-27-00 15
       RE: Update on "the strange voices i... Dalton 08-27-00 16
           RE: Update on "the strange voices i... AyatollahKhomeini 08-28-00 17
               RE: Update on "the strange voices i... finner 08-28-00 18
                   not only Rich fans dangerboy 08-28-00 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

meg2000 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail meg2000 Click to send private message to meg2000 Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
It simply was greg's fault though! His basis for giving Rich the vote was as idiotic as the sean's alphabet voting. But then again what else should we expect from greg. Greg was the tiebreaker and as the final voter since the vote was 3/3, he cast his vote and gave it to richy. Not to say greg knew what others were voting, but, he had to know it was close and should have voted his conscience and not based on a number.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
Greg stated on The Early Show this morning that he respected Rich and that he (Rich) had played the game the best and deserved to win. Greg was very thoughtful and intelligent with the rest of his comments.

Has anyone stopped to think, that Greg might have had his mind already made up before he asked them the number thing? He could have picked any number he wanted, after-the-fact, so that Rich "won" his question.

RavinDave 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RavinDave Click to send private message to RavinDave Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
>Greg stated on The Early Show this morning that he respected
>Rich and that he (Rich) had played the game the
>best and deserved to win.

This is classic "rationalization" after the fact. What else are you gonna say when 99% of the viewers think you're a moron? I also expect there is a sexist undertow here; Greg (no doubt) imagines himself quite intellectually superior. I'm sure it stings less to be whacked by a guy who teaches group dynamics for a living. Much better than admitting a you got yer ass handed to you by an uneducated, trailer-park female. To be fair, I suspect Jenna did this in reverse; voting for Kelly simply because she was a woman.

Back when Sean put in his application for the "stupidest person on the planet", a significant number of people had a very amusing reaction. "Naw," they said. "No one can be THAT stupid. He must really be some sort of strategic genius, and we just don't see it yet." Rather than believe the obvious, they jumped completely to the other side of the spectrum. Let's not do that with Greg. Occam's Razor applies here as well. The simpliest answer is probably correct. He is a moron.

BlueDude 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueDude Click to send private message to BlueDude Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
I have thought that myself...totally agree with you that Greg simply did the number thing just for effect. He already knew who he was voting for, just wanted to piss people off one more time by seeming to be random. Good for him.

DivaRachel 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaRachel Click to send private message to DivaRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
That's precisely what happened. Greg was voting for Rich no matter what. Its not like Kelly wasn't gonna grow a brain or something.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-00, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
I agree. No one person can be blamed for deciding the outcome. It's not like Greg knew it was a tie before he voted and he would be the tie-breaker.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: DON'T BLAME GREG"
I think it seemed like Greg is to blame because they showed him last. He may have been the first one to vote and the first to ask a question. It's how they edited it. He respected Rich and was going to vote for him anyway. He probably just wanted to ge tthe hell off the island and away from the TC and Jeff.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Blame Greg"
Too many people are making excuses for the moron. That's what he is - a moron. Judge by what you see not what you hear. Many people said he was smart but all I saw throughout the show was a flaky idiot in a world of his own. It was obvious that he didn't give a flying !$#$% what happened. Just another example of an uninvolved jerk. Everyone else had a thought behind their vote - his after-the-fact justifications just smack of trying to save face. What a boob.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-00, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I second that!"
Come on, people. Did any of you doubt that the other Tagi would vote for Richard (especially after Kelly threw a temper tantrum directed at Sean less than a week before)? Did any of you doubt that the other Pagong would vote for Kelly? Greg was the swing vote, he'd known it for 24 hours, and he didn't give a rat's a-s about it.

Personally, I think he was waiting for guidance from the strange voices in his head...

viget 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail viget Click to send private message to viget Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I disagree"
I think all of you are giving Greg less credit than he deserves.

Look, Greg is extremely smart, regardless of what you all think. He probably would have voted for Rich anyway, so I think the number thing was just a way to make it LOOK like he had some kind of doubt in his mind. In reality he thought he was screwing MB and CBS by making the bad guy win. (evidence for this comes in chap. 2 of the book, where Probst and MB are rumored to have gotten mad at Greg for stealing the limelight at TC #2, when he said to BB as he was walking out, "Arrr... and a good captain you were too." Let's face it, he just likes to f**k with peoples' heads) He said it the best on the Early Show, "Look this is a game. In real life, not everything is under your control, so why should this be any different?" I don't know if Greg would have honestly voted for Kelly even if she did come closer. No one would ever know. It's just Greg being Greg and showing that when it all comes down to it, no amount of planning, no amount of plotting, no amount of backstabbing, etc. can GUARANTEE that you're going to win the million. I actually kind of liked that. Granted, it would have been more ironic had Kelly won, but honestly, between Dicque and Kelly, Dicque had the strategy, had the game plan, did everything in his power to win. Kelly just parasitized on any ground work he laid down. For her to win, would be like justifying all the copycats out there, all the low-down politicians and all the people that steal other people's work without giving them credit. I feel that justice has been done, but hey, it could just as easily gone the other way.

Actually, in the final analysis, either way it turned out, lots of people would have been disappointed, there would be lots of controversy and hey, probably more interest in Survivor 2. That's all CBS wants anyway.

08-25-00, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Quack!"
There's an old saying that if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck - It's a duck.

In Greg's case:

If it looks like an idiot, acts like an idiot, and votes like an idiot - IT'S AN IDIOT!

08-25-00, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I disagree..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-00 AT 07:11 PM (EST)

(not with you, dangerboy, but with the previous message) but that's what makes this fun!

There is a certain combination of moderate (not high) inteliigence coupled with self-satisfaction and arrogance that drives me CRAZY. Greg could be a prototype of such a person. I couldn't stand him on the show and I can't understand how he stayed on the island while Ramona and Joel were voted off. From that standpoint, the Pagong got what they deserved. For another anti-Greg rant of mine, see
http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/boards/DCForumID2/466.shtml#27

OK, now that I've said that, I also want to say that I thought Dicque was a GREAT leader of the Tagi. I'm not disappointed that he won. His standing within the alliance was highlighted by his ability, in the first TC in E13, to convince Kelly to not think logically, switch her vote and eliminate Susan instead of him.

(See the following link for my thoughts ahead of time on what Kelly should have done (and Richard did do) in TC #1:

http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/boards/DCForumID2/411.shtml#1 )

So who deserved it more: the leader of the alliance who held his team together unitl the final four and then talked his way into the final, or the member who was most troubled by his strategy and had to win four straight immunity competitions to stay alive? It seems like it should have been a hard choice. I can understand being uncertain. But I can't understand not giving a damn: in other words, being Greg.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I agree with AyaK....."
AyaK reading through this tread one thing stuck in my mind, your statement:

"There is a certain combination of moderate (not high) intelligence coupled with self-satisfaction and arrogance that drives me CRAZY. Greg could be a prototype of such a person."

That exactly expresses MY reaction to Greg. He is a "prototype" and a scary one at that.

I gave up trying to read some logic into Greg's actions when the tapes from home arrived and it became apparant that Greg and his Sister only have one (1) brain between them; so they have to take turns using it.

Also I think the first day Greg's pangong group joined Richard's tribe ole Rich took Greg off for that long, one-on-one walk & talk along the beach wherein Rich "closed the deal on Greg's final vote". What inducements Dickque offered weird Greg are best left unspoken (I sure as hell don't want to know) but my impression was that Greg was in Richard's pocket way before the final Tribal voting.

Dalton

08-25-00, 09:41 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I agree with AyaK....."
>Also I think the first day
>Greg's pangong group joined Richard's
>tribe ole Rich took Greg
>off for that long, one-on-one
>walk & talk along the
>beach wherein Rich "closed the
>deal on Greg's final vote".
> What inducements Dickque offered
>weird Greg are best left
>unspoken (I sure as hell
>don't want to know)

I'm having fits of laughter sitting here visualizing this!

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-00, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I disagree..."
This all ties in to the rumors that Mark Burnett hated him. He could care less who won. He had the final laugh at the Tribal Council with his pick a number system. It makes sense that he struck a deal with Rich. But, Rich couldn't possibly be sure of his vote. Maybe that is why Rich looked stunned.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-27-00, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Update on "the strange voices in Greg's head"....."
I tuned across VH1--The List show @11:30am, Sunday....and there was Jenna as Hostess with Gervese, Joel, Colleen and GREG as the panel.

They were picking "Top Desert Island Videos" and each panelist nominated his/her top 3 picks.

When the list was completed each panelist got to vote OFF one video on the list before the audience's final decision on the winner.

(Here comes the GOOD part)

Greg voted one of HIS own original three "picks" OFF the list!!!

It was hysterical. The others razzed him something awful. He didn't actually say the "strange voices" made him do it but....

Dalton

08-28-00, 02:47 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Update on "the strange voices in Greg's head"....."
Thanks, Dalton, for capturing a perfect "Greg moment."

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-00, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finner Click to send private message to finner Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Update on "the strange voices in Greg's head"....."
The only people pissed off at Greg's voting strategy are Kelly lover's. Us Rich fans know that Greg's pick a number strategy was just a ruse. Honestly. Ask any of us Rich fans.

08-28-00, 05:01 PM (EST)
19. "not only Rich fans"
Not true! I wasn't a Rich fan and I was pissed at Greg's number ploy. I didn't want Kelly to win but I thought that Greg was such an idiot that I had to say a few things about it. I absolutely hate to see a self-involved jerk end up involved in an important situation and then show his a$$ by being a moron. It would have been better to ask the "island spirits" to make a choice with the torches going out than to ask that idiot. Maybe he really made a call on his coconut phone to his sister, got all hot and bothered, and all the blood rushed to his little head. As a result he had no brains left to be able to vote coherently. What a boob.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •