The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

March 29, 2004

THE ALL-STARS ARE FACED WITH ANOTHER SURPRISE TWIST,
ON "SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS," THURSDAY, APRIL 1

"Mad Scramble And Broken Hearts" -- The All-Stars are faced with another surprise twist, on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, Thursday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The All-Stars gather for a reward challenge, only to be hit with another twist that turns the game upside down. Two unsuspecting castaways feel powerless by the turn of events as one tribe contemplates throwing the immunity challenge. A quick interchange between two castaways on opposing tribes does not go unnoticed.

And, the ninth castaway is voted off the island.

SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is the executive producer.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor.

Press Contacts: Colleen Sullivan 323/575-2027 colleen.sullivan@tvc.cbs.com
Johanna Fuentes 212/975-4757 jfuentes@cbs.com

Two unsuspecting castaways feel powerless by the turn of events as one tribe contemplates throwing the immunity challenge.

Now it's "2?" castaways?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Brownroach 03-29-04 1
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release emydi 03-29-04 2
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release FrogPrincess 03-29-04 3
   RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Brownroach 03-29-04 4
       RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release emydi 03-29-04 7
       RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release FrogPrincess 03-29-04 8
           RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Brownroach 03-29-04 10
               RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release FrogPrincess 03-29-04 11
       RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release ohboy 03-30-04 20
   RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release atimberger1 03-29-04 6
       RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release FrogPrincess 03-29-04 9
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Krautboy 03-29-04 5
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release MattyMax 03-29-04 12
   RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release FrogPrincess 03-30-04 15
 ? Rob and company throw immunity ch... Flowerpower 03-30-04 13
   RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... Crash Thompson Jr 03-30-04 14
       RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... FrogPrincess 03-30-04 16
           RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... pmspml5 03-30-04 17
               RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... FrogPrincess 03-30-04 18
   RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... Brownroach 03-30-04 19
       RE: ? Rob and company throw immunit... emydi 03-30-04 21
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Loree 03-30-04 22
   RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release Brownroach 03-30-04 23
 RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release atimberger1 04-01-04 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

A tribe contemplates throwing the challenge, eh?

So maybe Rob tries to talk Rupert, Tom and Jenna into throwing the IC to boot Alicia. I don't think they'll take the bait though. Rupert won't want a repeat of the debacle it caused in S7.

ETA: The "two" are Rob and Amber; when it was "one", it could have referred to either of them. (The two unsuspecting castaways, that is.)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Are the powerless Romber or is Rob and Lex (both look so worried at TC)?

It also says the interchange is btw opposing tribe members and DOES NOT GO UNNOTICED...so Romber is separated and I think Shii and Kathy notice it and confront Amber and they hatch their plan to oust Jerri

edited after reviewing BR's post

EMYDI

FrogPrincess 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FrogPrincess Click to send private message to FrogPrincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
I agree with you both.

The two unsuspecting castaways have to be Rob and Amber ... and most of the spoilers saw that one coming. As soon as Amber said "With Rob, i feel 99.9% secure" she sealed their fate!

Throwing the immunity challenge, huh? if Rob is deperate enough he just may try it. but the whole tribe is contemplating it? i agree with you, emydi, that Rupert probably won't be keen with that idea. And if trivia is the IC, how can Rob throw it without the help of his tribe?

The interchange ... could be Romber. is their another pair that could say or do something that attracts attention?
SA and Kathy?
Big Tom and Rob?
Kathy and anyone on Chappy?
hmm.......

FROGPRINCESS
"We got an overweight, gay, naked man walking around, and no one seems to let it bother them" :-D

03-29-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

The interchange ... could be Romber. is their another pair that could say or do something that attracts attention?
SA and Kathy?
Big Tom and Rob?
Kathy and anyone on Chappy?

It's two people on opposite tribes, so SA/Kathy and BT/Rob don't fit. I don't think it's Ramber either. My guess is it's either Rob and Lex or Rob and Kathy, subsequent to IC and before TC (ETA: if they are all living in proximity at that point).

03-29-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
I dont think the interchange is btw Rob and Lex. I think Lex is totally on the outside this episode, hence Shii's "wrath of god" comment.

I think it may be a wink at Saboga btw Rob M and Kathy as the group of Lex-Kathy-Shii-Jerri-Amber get ready to go to TC-- to let Rob know that the plan to oust Jerri will work.

I just cant figure out why Lex and Rob BOTH look so anxious at the IC??? Rob yes, but why Lex??? because his team is so horrible and is getting all the ?s wrong?

EMYDI

03-29-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FrogPrincess Click to send private message to FrogPrincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
Doh! Thanks BR ... i need more coffee!!!

so i guess i'm leaing towards Kathy and a Chappy ... somehow saying "i'm with you guys, i'll save Amber."

FROGPRINCESS
"We got an overweight, gay, naked man walking around, and no one seems to let it bother them" :-D

03-29-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
Yeah, actually I think Kathy is probably a better fit, as you and emydi say.

And someone has to notice the exchange, get all paranoid, and presumably comment on it. That sounds like a good role for Lex.

03-29-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
yes
pissed off Lex = wrath of God

FROGPRINCESS

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-04 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04
>AT 04:00 PM (EST)

>
>The interchange ... could be Romber.
>is their another pair that
>could say or do something
>that attracts attention?
>SA and Kathy?
>Big Tom and Rob?
>Kathy and anyone on Chappy?
>

>
>It's two people on opposite tribes,
>so SA/Kathy and BT/Rob don't
>fit. I don't think
>it's Ramber either. My
>guess is it's either Rob
>and Lex or Rob and
>Kathy, subsequent to IC and
>before TC (ETA: if they
>are all living in proximity
>at that point).
>
>I think by the IC Rob and Amber will be on opposite tribes, I think they are the two Rob tries to tell hwe that they are going to throw teh challenge. It looks like he is sitting out though. Could it be that there is a punishment for talking involved?

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
do you think that perhaps the two unsuspecting castaways could instead be either rupert and tom or rupert and jenna, or something like that. It could mean that these two people feel powerless, bc they don't want to throw the challenge, but realize that if they don't they may become targets. Just trying to come up with something besides the norm.

03-29-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
9. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
rupert and tom or rupert and jenna

yes ... but ... then the word "unsuspecting" really wouldn't fit if they new about throwing the challenge ...

but i do admit ... just accepting that it's Rob and Amber is a little hard. is MB making too easy for us?

FROGPRINCESS

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
We're all in agreement then...Rob and Amber are the two who feel powerless; Amber about here situation as the only Chapera on a tribe with all former Mogo Mogos, and Rob powerless to do anything about saving Amber after he realizes the IC is the trivia challenge. He can't throw it without the rest of the tribe going along...and they don't.

Krautboy

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
I think we may be seeing the beginning of the end for Romber (I hope!)
as if the gaudy make-out session last time was the climax - hehe- of the romance plot. At least I hope editors don't continue documenting it throughout the merge, it seems too time-consuming, especially once they settle into the usual pattern of morningafter-reward-tree mail-immunity-scheming-TC.

Now we see the couple attracting attention from the other tribe as well, and it's having such an effect that Rob wants to throw a challenge and Amber feels she's screwed; they're reaping what they've sown and eating their words (a favorite survivor trope).

This is All-Stars (!!!) you'd think they'd all be suspicious of coupling.

Rob has good reason to be nervous. while I think MM wil wanna first get rid of jerri before amber, and if the merge is delayed a mogo mogo of kathy, SA and Lex would of course take out Amber, just because she's an outsider. (sidenote - will the merge be delayed? I think if they go throgh the trouble of shuffling, they're gonna wanna suspend it a little, like S5)
Even if they both survive this interim period, once the merge hits and loyalties are questioned I think that the strongest guy + his lamb girfriend are gonna have big targets on their backs.

I guess it's just instinct, but I'm short selling a large Amber stock at golddiiiger...

MattyM

03-30-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
the gaudy make-out session last time was the climax - hehe- of the romance plot

LOL!!!

i think Rob is thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy and in the end, i hope it's going to get him voted out!

FROGPRINCESS

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
...as one tribe contemplates throwing the immunity challenge.

I know we all suspect that especially Robfadda may want to throw the IC in order to garauntee his sweetheart will definately not get the boot, but I really think if he divulges this plot to his tribemates it will be suicide....he may divulge it to Tom perhaps, but definately not to the majority of them. Divulging too much to the Chappy's would really undermine all his alliance building and plotting to date, let alone wreck havoc on their unified pledge. So therefore, I'm suggesting that perhaps one tribe contemplating throwing the IC may refer to Lex and company to oust Amber, and breakup the strongest alliance of Chappy....

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
I like that. That would make a ton of sense. The only thing making me doubt it would be Rob's comment about his decision having serious consequences.

03-30-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
16. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
i like this new spin on things ...

so MM (new Chappy) thinks about throwing the challenge to get rid of Amber, but decides against it in the end.
Chappy (new MM) loses b/c they aren't the brightest crayons int he box, and go to TC. Rob and company vote out Rupe or Jenna (even though they are part of his "alliance"). That could have consequences ...

That could also fit SA "wrath of God" comment if they don't fill in Lex about the plan to throw it. if they did and he found out ... he would be slightly upset.

FROGPRINCESS

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
Ok heres one more thought to make things a little more confusing. If indeed the pairings go off in twos you would have Kathy and Alicia as a pair. Maybe Alicia knows that she is on the outs at her camp and conjours up (or tries to) with Kathy - hence the look between two - could explain some of the positioning of why Alicia and Kathy both may go before Shii Ann.

03-30-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
18. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
Good thought ... i was wondering how SA could last longer than those two. very possible.

FROGPRINCESS

03-30-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
I agree it doesn't seem prudent for Rob to approach his tribemates about throwing the challenge, even to get rid of unaligned Alicia. He'd probably just hope that the nature of the challenge is such that he could mess it up on his own, with no one the wiser.

But I'm taking the use of the word "tribe" with a grain of salt here -- if one person on the tribe came up with the idea of throwing the challenge, I think CBS might still say the "tribe" was considering it.

Still...the idea that Lex and company would also consider throwing the IC to boot Amber is a good one. Then it would be all but impossible for Rob's tribe to lose.

03-30-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
21. "RE: ? Rob and company throw immunity challenge"
>Still...the idea that Lex and company
>would also consider throwing the
>IC to boot Amber is
>a good one. Then
>it would be all but
>impossible for Rob's tribe to
>lose.

And maybe Rob is ALSO trying to lose--both trying to throw the challenge (oh brother--dont they ever learn) but the score is close the whole way through-hence the worried looks on the faces of both Lex and Rob.

Rob's team squeaks out a victory, they all get sent to Saboga, Rob and Amber start scheming.

Shii and Kathy go behind Lex's back and boot Jerri, and the wrath of God comes down on them next week--LEX.

EMYDI

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
>
>Two unsuspecting castaways feel powerless by
>the turn of events as
>one tribe contemplates throwing the
>immunity challenge.

The word "unsuspecting" jumps out at me. If they are powerless, what don't they suspect? The fact that people are scheming to throw the challenge and boot them, maybe? If they feel powerless shouldn't they be suspecting something bad to happen to them? It seems confusing to me. "Unsuspecting" means they are being left out of the loop and don't know what others are scheming. Would Rob be left out of the loop? I just don't know if I would think of him as one of the unsuspecting and Rob never acts powerless. In fact he talks in the preview as planning something.

Are we really sure who ends up on what tribe? Maybe the one tribe is comtemplating throwing the challenge to boot Jerri? Or could the tribe be planning to throw the challenge to boot Rob now that he doesn't have Amber in his pocket? In that case the tribe would think that Rob would never suspect that result. So Rob gets worried about himself rather than Amber and has to do something unexpected by everyone to save himself.

03-30-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
23. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
It's just unclearly written, imo. I believe "unsuspecting" is intended to mean that they didn't suspect

another twist that turns the game upside down

and thus they feel

powerless by the turn of events, i.e. the twist.

The contemplation of throwing the IC is a separate thing.

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: CBS Episode 9 Press Release"
ok I probably should have read the caption on my tv guide two days ago, but just looked at it.

it says.....

"The reward challenge is turned upside down"

which is different than everything else i've seen posted. Just thought I'd mention. But it doesn't really lead to any awe inspiring conclusions.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •