The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-26-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-04 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

I just wanted to revisit Jeff V's spoilers and then throw out a few theories, because I do think that it's possible that these spoilers could hold the key to the next couple of episodes.

Jeff's website is down, but in order to refresh your memory, you may read all of it here:

http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=588

It's interesting to me, that already almost everything that has been talked about has already taken place. There are little post-merge spoilers in this. Several people have speculated that his source was various castmembers--some thought Alicia since the two are close. I believe it's Kathy. Kathy was one of three players to witness to every single event that Jeff V. talked about. But it was her comments about Colby not being part of the team on the 3/10 episode that sealed her being the "source" for me.

So let's look at the remaining spoilers from a Kathy perspective:

History! This game was not meant to be played by people who know each other, apparently. All of these contestants (from their games or from their out-of-game relationships) have a ton of baggage and history with one another. This dirt becomes very public as the contestants use it in order to disarm their threats. Look for the Robfather to continue his strategy of "creating loyalty through fear." I'm told his strategy was to rummage through potential contestant closets, find their skeletons and store them in his back pocket, ready for war. Though not the only one, he crossed the ethical line the most.

**Who would be able to analyze how the Robfather played the first time? Kathy? Now the question is--did Kathy see enough of Rob M's strategy when she went over to visit Chapera twice? Or does Rob M get switched to Mogo Mogo this week? Maybe Kathy makes the merge? In either case, Kathy will see Rob M. in action before his boot.

Once again contestant loved ones make the journey to the Survivor set to participate in a challenge. After arriving, one popular Survivor's loved one was promptly sent home, I hear. Tough way to learn your favorite Survivor was voted off the night before, huh? The loved ones were apparently grilled about their ability to run, swim and dive prior to arriving. I'm anticipating family members fighting for their loved ones' immunity, in a very physical challenge. But this info is sketchy, so I could be wrong.

**Now why would this information be sketchy? Because Jeff's source was already voted out and is witnessing this from Loser Lodge. She knows that the loved ones were flown in--possibly except for one (hers). Then she sees the loved ones being grilled, and can only speculate that it's for a challenge.

The last 3 seasons of Survivor, CBS has brought in the family reward challenge at the same time--Episode 11. This coming week will be Episode 9.

That to me, says that Kathy has to be a near lock to go this week or next week. Either she is booted this week and watches the family members fly in and one fly out during the next 3 days. Or Kathy is voted out in episode 10, and she is the unlucky person who just misses her family member because Patrick just flew back home. The only other people who witnessed all of the Jeff V. spoilers were Lex and Shii Ann.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... FarmBoy 03-26-04 1
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Brownroach 03-26-04 2
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... DRONES 03-29-04 11
       RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... PepeLePew13 03-29-04 13
           RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... dabo 03-29-04 14
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... tribephyl 03-26-04 3
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... yensid 03-26-04 4
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Crash Thompson Jr 03-26-04 5
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Sneezles 03-26-04 6
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... tribephyl 03-26-04 7
       RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... ivoryElephant 03-26-04 8
           RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... udg 03-27-04 9
               RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Flowerpower 03-27-04 10
                   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Krautboy 03-29-04 12
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... managerr 03-29-04 15
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... dabo 03-29-04 16
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Brownroach 03-29-04 17
 RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... yensid 03-31-04 18
   RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoile... Crash Thompson Jr 04-01-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-26-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Good work managerr.

I've been wondering how the Kathy/Lex/Shii Ann alliance would play out.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Your WSC3 SR Winner

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
I'm glad you came back to this, managerr. Most people were assuming Jeff got his info from Alicia, but there are things here that Alicia wouldn't be in a position to comment on, like Colby and especially Ethan's hissy fit. It seems like the primary source was someone who was on Mogo Mogo.

Overall, though, I'm getting more of a Lex feel than a Kathy feel from the comments. Jeff says he and Lex are friends. I could definitely see Lex bringing up the Ethan hissy fit and saying it would embarrass Ethan, after his vote speech about wondering if Ethan could "lose with dignity." Also the comments about the Robfather I'd expect more from Lex than from Kathy.

I also like the idea that the loved one info came from the actual contestant whose loved one was flown down and turned around. It doesn't seem like something Jeff would mention otherwise, since it's a standard occurrence in the game.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-04, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
"PRETTY BOY POUT
I've been told to look for a major pissy diva temper tantrum thrown by Africa winner Ethan Zohn. I'm told he will be very embarrassed at his behavior when America sees it."

I'm not really seeing this. Was this an exageration by Varner or his source? Someone who happens to not like Ethan all that much?

DRONES

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
I think Ethan DID have a hissy fit and the Varenr source was someone like Lex (or Kathy) who told him what had happened in the expectation that MB would show it -- but then this was edited out. Why? Perhaps MB realized there's enough drama going on with the Rich-Soozin kerfuffle and JennaM's departure that he didn't need to make another winner look bad.

It all fits with Lex's comment, along the lines of "I hope you leave with grace and dignity" (whatever Lex said while showing the vote for Ethan).

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
KObrien_fan reported that Kathy confirmed the hissy fit, Ethan was miffed and tossing things around camp and stuff after Lex let him know he was going bye-bye but it's just business and stuff.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
The last 3 seasons of Survivor, CBS has brought in the family reward challenge at the same time--Episode 11. This coming week will be Episode 9.

That to me, says that Kathy has to be a near lock to go this week or next week. Either she is booted this week and watches the family members fly in and one fly out during the next 3 days. Or Kathy is voted out in episode 10, and she is the unlucky person who just misses her family member because Patrick just flew back home.

My only problem, with the above stated is that this season they had 18 people to start off with. Not 16.
The episode number has less to do with this spoiler. The castaway count is the key.

As you said, traditionally the "familyvisit" happens in episode 11. That is when there are 6 castaways left.
This edition will whittle down to 6 castaways in episode 13(14 if you count the re-crap). Not episode 11.

If Kathy is the source, then she probably does not get to visit with her family member.
This does not mean she has to leave in the next 2 episodes. More like the next 4.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-26-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
OK. I don't remember where I read it, but someone once stated that it was Lex's wife that was supposed to make the trip down for the family visit, but at the last minute she was canceled.

I will look for the post.

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-26-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
I remember that as well.

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-04 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

It was on the Sucks spoiler board. Lex's wife was supposed to go and was turned around.

ETA: I can also see it being Lex as the source b/c of his and Rob M.'s rumored friendship outside the game. Maybe this is where we get the "skeleton's" coming out. Everyone thought it was going to be Rob and Ethan, but it could be Rob and Lex that have the problems.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Here is the LINK if anyone is interested.

The original poster never came back to help verify.
The topic has subsequently tangented into a discussion of April Fools Day.
Don't know if it's true. But neither did the original poster.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-26-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
I am confident that KO makes merge.

a little birdy told me.

and this isn't like any other spec or birdy spoiler.

this is a reliable source

"I've been thinking about it, but the suns gone down, I don't have much time "-Kathy O'Brien

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-27-04, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Even without your birdy, we also had those pictures of KO in a blue buff. I've been flying with the ASSumption that she makes the merge ever since then. (But I had predicted F4 before that.)

---
UDG

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-04, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-04 AT 07:58 AM (EST)

Well, let's talk about the merge. Was'nt it reported that the merge occured with 10 Survivors left and that they all went to live on Saboga or Mogo???....well, that should be this week, what the heck is going on with this switch and will they be merged by the end of the cycle, for episode 9?

I'd say KO is definately safe this week, but if the merge occurs this week, or perhaps next she may indeed be headed for trouble before the next 3-4 episodes....sure hope not! Would love to see KO make the final four!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-04, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
The SNN Spy Report mentioned a merge at 10 on Saboga, but the "spy" (local with binoculars?) also reported the merge color to be yellow. Since the original report, we have learned the merge color is blue.

It's very likely there is a merge and that the merge location is Saboga, but beyond that the reliability of the information seems a bit shaky...

Krautboy

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-29-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Thanks for responding everyone. I had no idea that Jeff and Lex were close, and you've convinced me that Lex is more likely to be Jeff's source than Kathy.

I guess we need to try and figure out from the Episode Titles when the Family visit will be. If it is Episode 13 (as pointed out there are 2 more episodes this season), the a Lex exit could be Episode 12.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Family Visit has become an endgame challenge, MB uses it to psyche the players that are left to remember why they are there.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
FWIW, Snewser All-Star Spy Report says:

The Family Visit Challenge is back as well. Look for it towards the usual F6 placement.

"Towards" probably means give or take one episode. In S7 it came when seven people were left, which would be Ep 12 this time around.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-31-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Didn't know where else to put this, but SNN now has a report that Varner has been banned from the A$$ finale because of his reports on DicqueGate. I would also assume that this is why his website is no longer available and no further updates ever were posted by Jeff. I have his AOL id and have IM'd with him a few times after his first two insights to A$$ but I haven't even seen him online in a couple of weeks.

Interesting.

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Revisiting Jeff Varner's Spoilers (Kathy gone soon theory)"
Poor guy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •