The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-04, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
I was happy with this decision. I thought both of them were the best on the night. I was surprised to see Jon Peter in the top three. I thought Eric did a much better job. I am still miffed at the judges wanting Leah because although she can sing I don't think that was her best performance...and that outfit last night was plain horrid!

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Bebo 02-26-04 1
   RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... libgirl2 02-26-04 3
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Breezy 02-26-04 2
   RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... lyrker 02-27-04 13
       RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Ricky 02-27-04 15
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Ahtumbreez 02-26-04 4
   RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... nailbone 02-26-04 6
       RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... mrc 02-26-04 11
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Mistral 02-26-04 5
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... MTW1961 02-26-04 7
   RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... Mistral 02-26-04 8
       RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... pmspml5 02-26-04 9
   RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... lyrker 02-27-04 14
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... I_AM_HE 02-26-04 10
 RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final... DoodleBug 02-26-04 12
 Find it wierd with LaToya... Goooey_Alley 03-02-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-04, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Well, the audience has shown that they will not let the judges comments sway them. I loved it that Leah didn't even make the top 3.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-04, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
>Well, the audience has shown that
>they will not let the
>judges comments sway them.
>I loved it that Leah
>didn't even make the top
>3.
>

I agree, they are really trying to sway us, but America will buy the music and America gets to pick! Someone might have potential, but I think they have to have it "now" cause they dont' have a couple of years to work on it.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
I was happy it was those two. Also surprised about Jon being in the top three.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-27-04, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
No kidding! I thought if there was a guy up there it'd be Eric. Not that I thought he did better just.. you know. Commercial appeal, I guess. America likes hobbits, seems.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-27-04, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
yea, I thought Eric was better than Jon as well. Maybe Eric will make it to the wildcard show.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Yay Amy!
I predict they'll bring Leah back for the wildcard. Did you notice how long the camera stayed on her as the credits were rolling?
TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
I did notice that. They focused directly on her twice, as the credits rolled (rather than on Amy singing) and before that, as they went to break or something.

I think the AI folks REALLY wanted her Leah to advance, and I bet we see her again.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

I preferred Leah over Amy, but that's just me, I guess.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
I'm not real sure what the judges saw in Leah. Her performance was subpar, IMHO, and she acted like she deserved to advance. She is a bit arrogant for my taste.

And is it just me, or didn't Simon's statement to Leah originally seem like more of a putdown than a compliment? I took it that way at first, but I must have read him wrong b/c he was drolling over her later. Simon can be a confusing man!

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Yup, they were my picks, too and definitely the best of the bunch. I was a little surprised that JP took the number 3 slot; I didn't care for his voice or what he did to "Tiny Dancer."

I can't really see Leah as a wildcard pick, but who knows? I'm kind of hoping we'll have some guys in here at some point. I'm thinking if mostly women take the top 12 slots that the judges will feel the need to bring some guys in.

This is my first season watching Idol, but I kind of got the impression the field was fairly balanced.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-26-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Every week, we've had a mediocre guy in the top 3, despite female performances that were clearly better. Seems like the male talent is missing completely from this year's Idol. I wouldn't be surprised if there are only one or two males in the top 12.

Do you think this will artificially help them advance far beyond their talent when the competition starts to get really tough?

RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section - Marketing VP

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
You have a point there. I thought a couple of the guys in Group 1 were good enough to advance (Marque, Erskine), except for the songs they chose. However, they were voted on by that performance and they were in a tough group.

I could see either of them or even Matt from Group 1 making a wildcard spot and holding their own (especially against the Group 2 finalists). Heck, I'd even like to see "Unchained Melody" guy (can't remember his name) who didn't make the final 32 cut get in as a wildcard.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Since all 3 judges had Leah as #2 the surprise would be for her NOT to be in the wild card show.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Seems like the male talent is missing completely from this year's Idol.

Which may be due in part to the fact that Paula was sick for part of the show and Randy and Simon didn't let any guys through at all. Heh.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
FINALLY my top 2 make it (1 for 3 ain't bad, right?) I was sure Amy wouldn't make it and am so glad she did. Last night she was at least twice as good as Latoya who was really off. I'm hoping that's the irregularity, not Tuesday night's performance.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Latoya and Amy are in the final 12"
Whoo hoo! Picked 'em again!

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Find it wierd with LaToya..."
I downloaded LaToya's performance through P2P and found her voice not too radio-friendly, unlike Fantasia, Diana, and Camile... At first I like it but when I played it the 2nd-time, it was way too off the key, shouted some parts instead of singing them and cracked some tunes.

*Fantasia has the energy, will, and unique voice. ("Macy Gray"-ish)
*Diana has the young but a powerful voice.
*Matt who?
*Camile has the shy but a black, rich-tone voice. ("Lauryn Hill")
*Amy is good but way too fixated with one genre. (Pink-haired "Celine Dion")

Hope she'll sing another genre, maybe she's not just for Celine Dion's music.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •