The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can it be 5 juries?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-04, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can it be 5 juries?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

I was reading the article posted by "FSUGUY" about having 13 episode slots in CBS homepage and having Final 2 or 3. I went through the ##### sections from head to toe and noticed something that might be interesting. This may have been noticed by someone before and was posted and may have been discussed but I think it worth a second discussion, if so.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/show/tcvh.shtml

If you see the voting history table, you'll notice the table is divided in two colors(dark blue and light blue) diagonally. The light blue section is where the name is written. There are 18 slots horizontally which indicates 18 survivors. And there is also 18 slots vertically which also indicates 18 survivors, but as an episode passes, a slot of light blue decrease due to decrease in number of players remaining in the game. The light blue slot decreases until 7 slots are left. Here is what's interesting. Normally it should be 9 slots which includes Final 2 and 7 juries. But somehow there is only 7 slots which may mean there might be only 5 juries. Which I think is very possible twist MB can produce. And if the 5 jury thing is correct, the merge might come slower later on, may be when the number gets down to 8 or 7.

I think this is something to be discussed!

=================================================================

And this is something I think need to be added!
Well, I read an article(I'm sorry I forgot who it was) about not making sense that there is reshuffle when the merge is going to take the next episode! he said that a reshuffle then IC then a TC then the next day merge does not make sense and there is no point for reshuffling!
I absolutely agree with this idea!
Therefore I think it is 5 juries! I was 50% sure when I first posted this thread but I am quite certain(about 70% sure) that there can be 5 juries. 2 or 3 survivors will go down after reshuffling and then merg take place!
How about this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can it be 5 juries? Round Robin 03-19-04 1
   RE: Can it be 5 juries? ohboy 03-19-04 2
   RE: Can it be 5 juries? managerr 03-19-04 3
   RE: Can it be 5 juries? Woogie 03-22-04 13
 RE: Can it be 5 juries? dabo 03-19-04 4
 RE: Can it be 5 juries? mistofleas 03-20-04 5
   RE: Can it be 5 juries? HuskiesFan 03-21-04 6
       RE: Can it be 5 juries? dabo 03-21-04 7
           RE: Can it be 5 juries? HuskiesFan 03-21-04 8
               RE: Can it be 5 juries? RyrieRae 03-22-04 9
                   RE: Can it be 5 juries? sharon55 03-22-04 10
                       RE: Can it be 5 juries? RyrieRae 03-22-04 11
                           RE: Can it be 5 juries? toddE 03-22-04 12
 RE: Can it be 5 juries? The reason ... nclady27583 03-24-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-04, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
You're reading too much into what is nothing more than a butchered website. There is absolutely ZERO chance of a 5 player jury. None. Nada. Not gonna happen. A seven member jury is too much of a Survivor tradition and is the one thing they've never effed with. They won't eff with it now either. Write it in stone and bet the ranch. There WILL be seven jurors.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Also heard that it will be a 7 jury I think it's probably just an error. Didn't JP even indicate that on one of his talk shows. I..e if you are one of the 7 members of the jury. Think so.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-19-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
They destroyed the "once you're voted out" you're removed from the game tradition last season, so I would not put it past them to do it this time. But I agree it's unlikely.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Well!
I know why many people think there will be 7 juries and the tradition will not be effed!!
But wait! Is there tradition in the game anymore?
What is the tradition?
It was usual to have two tribes of 8 with 4gals and 4 boys, which turned wrong in the Amazon.
Merge when ten survivors left broke in Thailand.
Ones being voted off back in to the game in Pearl Island.
Giving immunity to others.
There is no tradition to say so.

In the allstar it's worse.
3 tribes of 6! 2 tribes of 8 is the most common thing everyone finds to be tradition that won't be effed! But it happened.
You may say these are just twists, but why not 5 juries can't be just a twist and not a tradition that can;t be effed.
I agree that it is unlikely to happen! But unlikely does not mean never!

Anything can happen in SURVIVOR and never assumme anything on SURVIVOR. This is something I always have on my mind watching survivors.

Anyways, we'll see in few weeks whether I was too much into it or not! (^^)

Whatever~ Nice days~

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Early indicator was 7 jurists:
http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=537
Merge seems to have taken place as usual at the 10 players mark. The jury will be made up of 7 players.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
If you see the voting history table, you'll notice the table is divided in two colors(dark blue and light blue) diagonally.

Makes me miss the Easter Egg chart.

*sigh*

--giggles

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-04, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-04 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

I am a Newbie and this is my first post, so go easy on me...
There is something about this 7 member jury that has been in the back of my mind since Tina was first voted off.
On her Early Show interview, when asked if she was on the jury, her reply, with a very sheepish smirk, ...."I can't answer that". That struck me funny then and had me wondering if something was up.
Since this is A$$, could they possibly bring all the players back to be on the jury? It's not like they are all strangers who do not know each other.
Just a thought from a Newbie.....
*Edited because I found the actual clip on CBSNews.com

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Welcome to Blows, HuskiesFan! The booties are instructed to not answer any questions about what happens in future episodes, reading too much into their evasions is a spoiler-trap more often than not.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-04, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Thanks for the warm welcome Dabo! It is very much appreciated. Trying to read too much into evasions can be a perfect set-up to spoil spoilers. Now it all makes more sence.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Round Robin, while I agree that it is unlikely there will only be 5 jurors, I have to disagree that this is the only thing they have ever "effed" with. Until this season, there have only been 16 contestants and 2 tribes, but they sure as he!! "effed" with that tradition this time. This is mind, I will remain open to any number changes that might occur from here on out. But, yes I still agree that a 5 member jury is unlikely.

Also, I doubt that they would bring back ALL the bootees as a jury. This would make an even number (16) and I don't think they would risk a tie. How would they break it on live TV, with a game or challenge? While this might be suspensful, I think that the winner should be decided on vote alone, not a tie-breaker.

sharon55 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharon55 Click to send private message to sharon55 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Nother possibility (as if there aren't enough already) ...

There couldn't be a tie IF there were three finalists instead of two for the Jury to vote for.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
Very interesting point!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Can it be 5 juries?"
I thought of this too, but there would still be the risk of a tie. For example, with 13 jury members there could be a 5-5-3 vote. I suppose the three who voted for the least popular person could have to re-vote then, but I see this as unlikely. The five-person jury would be more likely, but I do think the 7 member jury is an institution that will not be "f"ed with.

nclady27583 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nclady27583 Click to send private message to nclady27583 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Can it be 5 juries? The reason for the colors"
Notice in the TC table for Pearl Islands and you see that the color is level for two colums in a row and then continues to climb like steps. By showing the progression of the color change they would reveal how many players will be voted off on each episode. This way they only reveal up to the episode that has been shown. If you look at all the past TC tables you will see that it never levels off at the jurist selection but continues to the end of the show to be a step like structure in color changes. -lani

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •