The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loat..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-10, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/..."
"Russell was shown as looking like a fool when Coach and Rob cornered him over Parvati."

That's debatable. That Coach and Rob thought it was stupid is true. That the audience was supposed to think Coach and Rob were right, I don't know.

"The editing focused on Rob's alliance view of the search for the idol. It never even showed Russell looking for it other than to show Sandra catching him."

This would be where my underdog theory kicks in. If we see it from Russell's perspective, it's, "Whoopee, Russell found his fourth idol. Big deal." However, seeing it from Rob's perspective, it's, "What a boob." Then, bam!, Rob's alliance is in trouble.

"The editing has shown Danielle in nearly every discussion involving Rob's alliance. In fact, when Sandra came back to camp saying Russell had buried himself by looking for the idol, it was Danielle who replied off camera that Russell was gone because that was what they agreed to. Watch it again. It is obvious it is Danielle talking though she is not pictured."

So we've seen two things from Danielle. One was allying with Russell, which may or may not have been a lie. The other was being near Rob's alliance and replying to things off-camera, which easily could have been obfuscation. Or biding her time. There's nothing to suggest she isn't waiting to see which side is a better bet (a situation which Russell's idol could fix).

At best, that's a toss up. But, for me, in the absense of a vote to clearly delineate where everyone stands, I go for the most explicit evidence. And the scenes on the beach with Russell are more compelling than being an extra in Rob's scenes.

"After the edit in S19 featured Russell to the exclusion of nearly everyone else, do you think they'd try to cast him as an underdog this time around?"

Yes, I do. For the very simple reason that he was the only show in town in 19. This time around he's up against a person or two people are actually entertained by. If you're CBS and Boston Rob loses the Russell/Rob face-off, wouldn't you want to milk as much out of him as possible before he goes? There'll be time enough later for Russell.

Also, It's not as if it's just the underdog edit at work here. Looking at it from the other side, it's a "pride goeth before the fall" edit for Rob. Everything that was making for a "Russell is a boob" edit becomes "Russell was right all along" in retrospect, and everything that seemed "Robfather is in control again" becomes "oh how the mighty have fallen".

Not to say that's how it'll happen. That's just my guess. And I think the editing, if it doesn't back me up, at least doesn't preclude my predictions.

"Summation: I'm not a Russell hater. I think he should have won S19 hands down, no question."

I'm not a Russell lover, either, though I too wish he would've won. Rob has always been one of my favorites. I just don't think this is his time.

"AND, don't you think its odd he hasn't found the HII yet?"

Not necessarily. Maybe they want you to think it's odd, thereby heightening the surprise when he does find it. Then again, if he had found it soon after he got the clue, you'd think they'd show it so they could use it in the previews for next week. Then again again, what if next week is a Hero boot? You can see why they'd reveal his finding it next week so that the week after (or the week after that) could be when they tease it in the preview.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loat...   iltarion     03-06-10       
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-06-10     1  
     RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   garcor     03-06-10     4  
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-06-10     2  
     RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-06-10     3  
         RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-09-10     15  
             RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-09-10     17  
                 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-09-10     18  
                 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-09-10     19  
                     RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-09-10     20  
                         RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Belle Book     03-10-10     21  
                             RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-10-10     22  
                             RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-10-10     23  
         RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   Tublecane     03-09-10     16  
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   garcor     03-07-10     5  
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   michel     03-07-10     6  
     RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-07-10     7  
         RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   michel     03-07-10     8  
             RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   garcor     03-07-10     9  
                 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-08-10     11  
                     RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   michel     03-08-10     12  
                         RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   iltarion     03-09-10     13  
                             RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   garcor     03-09-10     14  
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/...   KuwabaraTheMan     03-08-10     10  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •