Now that's a little more like it. Great episode. Great confessionals. Insanity from Coach. Somewhat lame challenges, but I did appreciate the oil. And most importantly, a heart-thumping TC that was not predictable. I especially loved the shots of JT listening in on his alliance's discussion with Cirie, and then the shot of him after they walked away.
1. JT- After being quiet the first half of the episode, JT gains the top spot for at least a week after pulling off one of the gutsiest moves we've ever seen on Survivor. Interviews afterwards seem to indicate that JT and Cirie battled for control of the big alliance the entire time. JT ended that battle, eliminated a strong player, and put two trustworthy players in his debt. Great fricking move.
2. Rob - Still a great episode from Rob who continues to be the golden goose in challenges. Also some great confessionals, including flashing some of the old Rob in his remarks about Coach and Russell. I loved that he sent Sandra out to look for Russell. That was a flash of the Robfadda there.
3. Tom - Came out the winner in the battle with Cirie set up in Episode 1, with a huge assist from JT, obviously. I said two episodes ago though that it wasn't over for him. I think he and Colby are good until merge now, but if things don't turn around for the Heroes, Tom will be the #1 target postmerge.
4. Dragon Slayer - Cries and threatens to quit after Sandra said a few uncomplimentary words, and then compares himself with King Arthur and the Last of the Mohicans. This guy has to be for real because no one could come up with an act this crazy.
5. Sandra - She's great. Who else would have the guts to tell the tribe that if they look for the HII everyone's putting their name down? The most unfathomable fact of this entire season is that this woman would be the top woman on my list.
6. Amanda - Tom may blame Amanda for "breaking faith," but he doesn't hold the power of the vote. JT does, and JT is aligned with Amanda. Cirie being gone may just allow Amanda to play her normal game, which is typically working with a man she can trust. It is obvious thru 3 seasons that Amanda gets along better with men. Since this tribe is turning into all men, she should be fine. On the other hand, the Heroes better win some challenges or they could become ALL men. Lastly, props to the editing for several gratuitous shots of Amanda's backside. That never hurts.
7. Tyson - Finally got himself some screen time. Showed he and Coach might be fairly decent friends afterall. Won the RC. I wonder how far he will go.
8. Danielle - She might have had a fairly quiet episode, but watch again and notice she is the first to ask about Coach and she was the first to agree that Russell cut his own throat by looking for the idol. I think her alliance with Russell is long gone. She seems to always be there whenever Rob, Sandra, Tyson and Coach are shown. And, of course I loved the RC. Also, at the IC, great shot of her with her hair down.
9. Parvati- Non-existent episode where she didn't even participate in the RC. Certainly not a winner's edit, though it is early yet.
10. Colby - Props to him for not gloating after the vote came down. He is still in some danger, at the whim of JT, but things certainly look better.
11. Jerri - Her high tide was episode 1. Is lucky to get any screen time now.
12. Courtney - Who? My God, someone feed this girl a pizza.
13. Candice - Typically strong in the challenges. Looked good in her bikini and even had her hair down for the IC. She is the one JT wants out though, and that is big trouble.
14. Rupert - At least had the honest comment in TC. It was the first time he looked like a hero again. He has mostly been a tool so far.
15. James - Quieter episode for him. Had the oil, and the "Hell no!" when asked if he trusted Candice. His loyalties and brain are all over the place. Referred to himself in the 3rd person at TC. Props for that.
16. Russell - Ends up where he started last season. Finding the idol seems to be all he is about right now, even with his tribe warning him not to look. Then he has the audacity to call them the idiots. The idol has no power if your whole tribe comes gunning for you.
que Cirie Cirie-
Sugarloaf - who?
Stephanie - 3rd time's a byotch
Randy - useless
Cirie - Wow, our first big time player to go. She found out it is A LOT harder playing this game with a target on your back. Her game requires her to be behind the scenes. She would have done better on the Villians. The Heroes are too fractured with too many swing votes in play. Frankly, her game isn't versatile enough to overcome being dealt a bad hand.