The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colby interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colby interview"
http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=794

Interview with Colby
Survivor Sucks
Monday, March 15, 2004

Click for external link

By: rose54321

COLBY DONALDSON/SURVIVOR #7

Q: They surprised you last night, didn’t they?

CD: They did! They once again threw me a curve ball, and I’m sitting here talking to you!

Q: Were you surprised to learn that it was Lex who engineered your demise?

CD: You know, Lex is a great player. I knew he and Kathy had some control, I just thought I was part of that, I thought we were playing together, and you’re right, I was duped! I gotta tip my hat to him, I mean, he’s playing a great game! But I don’t understand the logic, if you are a team and you’re competing against this other team, you know, they’ve been beating us and we’ve been beating them, but to continue to eliminate your own strength, I don’t see the logic in that, and we’ll see if it works. I don’t know, maybe it was the best move for them.

Q: Kathy being away from the tribe on the Reward may have shifted the balance of power… if she’d been there, do you think you still would have been voted out?

CD: That’s a great question, and I guess Kathy is the only one who could tell you that. I don’t know if the vote would have been different, you know, she may have voted against me too. I do however think it would have been a little easier back at camp to get a feel on the attitude and what everybody was thinking. Without Kathy being there, that removes a certain dynamic between Kathy and Shii Ann, and Kathy and Jerri, and you know, hindsight’s 20/20, but I may have been able to get a little better idea of how people were acting and reacting and feeling and thus been more prepared going into Tribal Council. But, you know, what a great game! You gotta be a true competitor to be able to play a game like this and walk away from it and not have hard feelings about a guy who just lied in your face! It’s a game, and nothing more.

Q: How has the dynamic in the game changed because you’re playing against All-Stars who’ve played before?

CD: Well, it’s certainly made it a more selfish game I think, it seems to me that there’s no team camaraderie, it’s not about one team competing against another, it’s about “how in the world can I preserve myself long enough to do well in this game?“ I wasn’t looking at it that way, that’s the fool in me for thinking I could play the same way I did in Australia and do well. I had a lot of success in Australia, but it didn’t work out for me quite so well this time.

Q: We saw Chapera last week make a post-merge alliance, did Mogo Mogo have any post-merge plans, or was it everyone for themselves?

CD: You know, we didn’t. But as far as the one with Chapera goes, we’ve also seen Rob shake hands and give his word to 2 people already that he’s duped, so that powwow and cheer and chant by them to stick together means absolutely nothing, because you have players who are willing to do anything to make it to the end of this game. So as long as sticking together serves them well, they’ll do it. If there’s a chance they can jump ship and partner with some of the guys on my tribe, they’ll do that too.

Q: You played in Australia with Jerri, and you’ve said she hasn’t changed her game a bit… what about Amber, is she playing differently this time?

CD: You know, that’s kinda hard for me to say, because I wasn’t on her tribe, I’m only seeing what you guys are seeing on television. But one thing that hasn’t changed is that Rob is now leading Amber, and that’s no different than Jerri leading Amber in Australia, that’s the way she plays the game is allowing other people to make decisions and make strategic moves and nodding her head “Yes, I’ll go along with that”, or “No, I’d rather not.” That’s kinda the way ShiiAnn plays as well.

Q: Okay, what’s the deal with you and Boston Rob? At Tribal Council, you and Ethan both talked about wanting to beat him, mentioning him specifically by name… what’s the obsession with Rob?

CD: Well, that’s just a deep-rooted desire to compete, and I think I can speak for Ethan on that too. We’re two guys that love competition, that’s why I get along with Ethan, we love to compete. Boston Rob’s a guy that’s playing a hell of a game, he’s playing great, and he’s not only a physical guy but he’s a strategic guy. That’s why we wanted to go toe to toe with him, and that’s why it bothers us to lose to a guy like that, because he’s good, he’s just like us! So yeah, anytime you go toe to toe with a guy who’s your equal in a lot of ways, you wanna win, you want that match, and you wanna come out victorious. So at this point, Rob’s doing the best job.

Q: You look pretty clean shaven today, know where I can get a good razor?

CD: The old Schick Quatro is serving me well!

Q: Did I hear you shaved your head after you were voted out?

CD: It’s the funniest thing, I did! I wish we had some cameras there to shoot another commercial for Schick! The sand fleas were so bad, I couldn’t get them out of my scalp, and I’d always wanted to shave my head since I was a kid, I don’t know why! So I took a razor to it, I left a Mohawk for a couple of days then I got a really strange tan line from the Mohawk, so then I shaved the entire thing. I was cue ball bald for a few weeks!

Q: I think I can say for most of the women in America, we like this look better!

CD: Thanks! You know, I was brazen enough to think I could pull off a bald look and look cool, but it didn’t take long for me to realize it was a huge mistake! It didn’t look so good!

Q: out of time, thanks, etc.

-------------------------------------------

Those comments about Boston Rob make me think he doesn't win. Does he even make it to F2?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colby interview blacknwhitedog 03-17-04 1
   RE: Colby interview nailbone 03-17-04 8
 RE: Colby interview Cin 03-17-04 2
   RE: Colby interview Brownroach 03-17-04 3
       RE: Colby interview raidersfantom 03-17-04 6
           RE: Colby interview Brownroach 03-17-04 7
               RE: Colby interview katethegreat 03-17-04 9
 RE: Colby interview raidersfantom 03-17-04 4
   RE: Colby interview Brownroach 03-17-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Colby interview"
That’s why we wanted to go toe to toe with him, and that’s why it bothers us to lose to a guy like that, because he’s good, he’s just like us!

"Just like us!" As in booted off just like us?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Colby interview"
Competetive, plays hard, wants to win "just like us".

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-17-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Colby interview"
we’ve also seen Rob shake hands and give his word to 2 people already that he’s duped,

Who was the second person? Chapera just lost Rob C. and Sue right?

Cin

03-17-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Colby interview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

I noticed that too and thought maybe Colby just goofed. Unless he meant that Rob M duped Tom by forming an 4-way alliance with Rupert and Jenna. But we never saw Rob and Tom "shake hands and give their word" on an alliance, Rob only implied in confessional that they had one.

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Colby interview"
Here I am jumping on another post of yours BR, don't worry I ain't a player-hater. Here's something never thought of, or something I just haven't seen anywhere yet.

First off, we know that whole "shown alliances never work" rule that has applied since the Outback, cuz we saw the whole Tagi alliance thing in Pulau Tiga. So who have we seen in a shown alliance at Chapera? Boston Rob and Amber. Boston Rob, Amber, Rupert and Jenna L. Plus the whole tribe, but I think that shown alliance is unavoidable unless the whole spoilers go out the window, Mogo gets someone to defect and they pick Chapera off one by one. So who has an implied alliance? Tom and Rob. haven't seen the deal ever, but it has to be there. As well, it was said in an insider transcript after Jenna and Rupert were approached by Robmer that Alicia tried to get an alliance going. Maybe there is an alliance that will bite Amber? in the butt...Alicia-Tom-Rob. It's an alliance that isn't far-fetched and could show itself at some point. Just haven't seen yet, cuz Chapera hasn't voted in weeks.

Just my two cents.

03-17-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Colby interview"
I just checked the Insider threads and there's nothing about Alicia trying to get an alliance happening. Sue said in an interview or chat that she had an alliance with Alicia. Rob said he doesn't have one with her.

And why would he use Alicia to screw over Amber? Amber's his pawn, an automatic vote in his pocket. He'll keep her around unless/until she tries to strategize on her own (as if that's gonna happen -- but if it does, chances are it's Rob that'll get screwed over, imo.)

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-17-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Colby interview"
I believe that this was in the show, not an Insider transcript. It seems to my recollection that Rupert said something to the effect of Alicia wanting to get an alliance going? in the same show where he made the deal with Rob and Amber.

(Unless I read that "wrong" information somewhere on this board and am confusing someone's speculation with what really happened, which is not impossible! since I spend a lot more time reading that actually watching the show!)

Just adding my own recollection to the post above . . .

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Colby interview"
I think you're reading way too much into it. Boston Rob is like Ethan and Colby in that he's a challenge stud. Compliments from Colby are few and far between, so I think that may be what's throwing you off.

Saying the Robfaddah doesn't win because Colby compares him to Ethan and himself because they're gone is a lil too much speculation IMO. Colby didn't have any real studs to compete against at the end of Outback, Nick was sick, Keith was an idiot. So I think Colby is saying he was looking forward to the merge to compete against the studs like Ethan, Rob, Lex. Throw Hunter and Mike in there and you have the best guys to play ever.

03-17-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Colby interview"
Saying the Robfaddah doesn't win because Colby compares him to Ethan and himself because they're gone is a lil too much speculation

It's the fact that Colby says:

"Boston Rob’s a guy that’s playing a hell of a game, he’s playing great, and he’s...a strategic guy"

and

"...at this point, Rob’s doing the best job"

that makes me wonder, not the comparison to Colby and Ethan.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •