The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Midget and Gidget Rant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Midget and Gidget Rant"
I can't stand this team UGH!!!!! They are probably the most annoying team to me since Karen/Lenny

Last nights episode gave me lots of reasons:

1. Gidget is so worried about Phil and how she looks

2. Gidget thinks that Midget should do everything (she wanted to mountain bike, wanted Midget to run with the bulls last time.. etc)

3. Midget was dumb enough to touch an ELECTRIC FENCE

4. Midget lies - and is 2 faced, like she really had to go to the doctor. I'm not a "little person" but she should make them all embarrassed she claims she is representing them

5. They can't drive or read a map . Do they have to get lost every episode?

6. They B%tch and Moan about everything. 3 words IT's A RACE!

I'm sure there are more - but I can't think of any right now.

As a side note - how funny was it the chocolate person was also a midget- and gave a lusting look to Charla?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Midget and Gidget Rant StarryLuna 07-21-04 1
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant geg6 07-21-04 2
       RE: Midget and Gidget Rant escapedude 07-21-04 4
       RE: Midget and Gidget Rant memacmur 07-21-04 6
       RE: Midget and Gidget Rant daybreak 07-21-04 10
           RE: Midget and Gidget Rant love2smile 07-25-04 14
               RE: Midget and Gidget Rant daybreak 07-25-04 15
                   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant love2smile 07-26-04 17
 RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Rothschild 07-21-04 3
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Horatio 07-26-04 20
 Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! bacon 07-21-04 5
   RE: Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! Cleveland Guy 07-21-04 7
 What annoys me... Loree 07-21-04 8
 RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Nanook 07-21-04 9
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Redemption 07-21-04 11
       RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Rothschild 07-22-04 12
           RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Redemption 07-22-04 13
               Are you repeating that phrase... IceCat 07-25-04 16
                   RE: Are you repeating that phrase..... PepeLePew13 07-26-04 18
                   RE: Are you repeating that phrase..... Redemption 07-27-04 24
                       I am required to move... IceCat 07-28-04 25
                       Um...Redemption..... Sunny_Bunny 07-28-04 26
 Their own worst enemy Horatio 07-26-04 19
   RE: Their own worst enemy Mistral 07-28-04 31
 Yet another useless picking of nits... Molaholic 07-26-04 21
   RE: Yet another useless picking of ... RuffNeck 07-27-04 22
   RE: Yet another useless picking of ... Dizwiz 07-28-04 27
 RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Noble Crusader 07-27-04 23
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Dizwiz 07-28-04 28
 RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Neobie 07-28-04 29
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Dizwiz 07-28-04 30
       RE: Midget and Gidget Rant ElroyJetson 07-28-04 33
   RE: Midget and Gidget Rant Noble Crusader 07-28-04 35
 Gidget and Phil PrincessJ 07-28-04 32
   RE: Gidget and Phil bystander 07-28-04 34
   Mirna and Smirna ElroyJetson 07-28-04 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-21-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
They really went down in my rating last night, too. I'm so tired of hearing them whine about how "nobody will help us," but they're perfectly happy to screw over another team to get to the front. I understand that it's a race and you need to do whatever you can to win, but they just go way to far, especially trying to use Charla's dwarfism to their advantage. I was particularly peeved last night at them. Jim was the first one to sign up for the waiting list for the 9:10 plane, but he didn't get a ticket because Charla had to go to "doctoro." I hope they get eliminated soon because I can't take much more of them.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

The whole "doctoro" thing really sent me into a rant. I am soooooooooo tired of having to listen to this person who has this condition of dwarfism. She spends all her confessional time talking about how she wants to break down barriers and represent all those with dwarfism in a positive way, showing that they are capable of anything. Very inspiring, Charla. Or it would be if you actually did that consistently. Just when I find you amazing for doing all the work for your team while Mirna just whines, you turn around and pull the sympathy card out to get beyond your team's mistakes and weaknesses. Every other team has their own inherent weaknesses that may not be as apparent as Charla's condition. However, none of them have stooped to the sort of low that the "doctoro" tactic was. I am actively cheering for them to lose now.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-21-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Yes I really hope this team will not win..They are very manipulative and dishonest..They use the "dwarfism" thing to thier advantage and then complain when they are not "helped" out..They cant do anyting without asking for help..Plus Mirna is a real ##### , she wont get far with the other competitors.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-21-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Absolutely.

For the first episodes, I simply thought Gidget was a complete incompetent, whiny annoyance, while dear Midget has been carrying the team.

I forgave them for managing to get the ride in the Eva Peron cemetary race (other teams were able to get rides), but the outright lie of needing a doctor got to me.

Then again, I just watched Rat Race for the umpteenth time this weekend, so I guess there is something to be said about seeing people actually come through with the lie, cheat and steal methods.

I'm still slightly pro-midge, but have had more than enough of the Gidget. One little person, one little-brained person. Ack.

MEmacmur

daybreak 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-21-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daybreak Click to send private message to daybreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
I'm truly disapointed in Charla's behavior in last night's episode. I had originally defended her acceptance of help from others because that part of life when you live with a disability. People seem to offer help at every turn. I have some physical issues myself, and it's never long before people are falling all over themselves trying to "help" me even if I don't need it. I have no problem with them asking someone to drive them through the cemetary in last weeks episode. She would have never made it. That is something any of the teams could have done. Her blatant lie about needing a doctor, however, was offensive.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
I actually think they were smart. her being so little IS a handicap, and they have lost 1st place many twice because she can't keep up in a foot race.

IMHO you have to do what you have to do in the game. It's not like they were the first people to lie and cheat.

daybreak 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-25-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daybreak Click to send private message to daybreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
I realize that the teams need to do certain things to stay in the race, but faking an emergency is just not cool weather a person is able bodied or not. She may have taken that seat away from someone with a true emergency. As a person with physical difficulties of my own, I'm insulted by Charla's behavior.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
I highly doubt there was someone else there with a true emergency, there were only the teams from the race and to me that's a different story. I don't agree, Sorry. But I can understand your statements though!

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-21-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
the doctor thing was bad taste at its worst,

the Pizza boy calling Gidget a bit-ch was bad taste at its best.

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-26-04, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
>the doctor thing was bad taste
>at its worst,
>
>the Pizza boy calling Gidget a
>bit-ch was bad taste at
>its best.

That was perhaps the most hilarious moment of reality television I've ever seen.

He just drove by and yelled "Bitch!"

----------------------------

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-21-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

This is the greatest team that has ever graced this game. Are you people blind? If I have to defend their greatness one more time I'm going to start throwing things.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!"
Throw away- cause I just don't see it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "What annoys me..."
If they didn't spend every episode saying they are proving they can do everything without help, I might be impressed. But they say this and then whine because nobody helps them. Last week they had a man carrying their stuff on the street for them. Just shut up and show us you are capable. Don't whine and complain and try and use guilt to get help. Their personalities are their handicaps. I will be happy when they are booted.

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nanook Click to send private message to Nanook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Am I the only one who thought it was hilarious when the brothers drove by and yelled "b!tch" at Mirna? She really was being a b!tch at the airport, and why is she always yelling at Charla to hurry up? How fast does she expect those little legs to go? She should just strap her to her back and shut up.

That was pretty funny how the chocolate midget guy was looking at Charla.

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Agreed on all terms.

Charla, the freakin circus moneky and yes, i know its offensive but thats exactly how she is acting in this race. Popping her head around the check in counter for sympathy made me want to grab a bat and bash her tiny face to a bloody pulp. If i was the check in lady, i would have sent them packing.

Also, when somebody says they need a doctor, does no one ask 'what for?' I mean, yes, an earlier flight might help for her condition, if you know what it is? Jim needed stitches at the airport and had to go see a doctor. Why not Charla?

Love the fact she got electrocuted, ya dumb freak ( and then getting lost again?)

I hope something drastically bad happens to them soon. Oh, Mirna, stop trying to make decisions at roadblocks and detours. Charla running with the bulls and now, riding a mountain bike for 6 miles on a rocky path?

They have to mess up somewhere. Please someone in a country not give them sypmathy and make them suffer a little.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-22-04, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Have you considered an anger management class ???

07-22-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Not really.

Unless the circus freak and Mirna are there for practical application.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-04, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Are you repeating that phrase..."
... 'circus freak' just to rile people up? You seem to throw it on on every post. If your posts are being made just to make people angry then please switch to a more constructive mode of discourse.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-04, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Are you repeating that phrase..."
Yeah, I've called this person out on that term already. I believe that to be crossing the line -- even for the Bashers forum.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

07-27-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Are you repeating that phrase..."
I use the term because that is the way Charla looks and acts on the show. She does not deserve respect when she acts in this way at every point in the race to get ahead. Hey, do whatever it takes to win but in doing so, she is open to criticism

Oh, by the way, this is the 'bashers forum'. If you want to be nice, move to the fanatics forum.

(if I was a little person and saw the way Charla depicts their kind, I would want to take a sledge hammer to her head)

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I am required to move..."
... through all of the forums that I help to moderate.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Um...Redemption....."
While it is true that this is the basher board, there are certain guidelines that we all abide by. Saying something with the sole intention of upsetting people is a definate "don't do" here.

Oh and btw...that little blue icon next to Icecats name? It means he's a moderator of this room, and if he tells you not to do something, then dont. If you dont, you could end up with your thread locked.

Newest inductee into "the club." They even gave me a new tub to sleep in, see?

Horatio 50 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-04, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Horatio Click to send private message to Horatio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Their own worst enemy"
It seems almost every episode the two cousins feel as if they are owed favors or special attention by the other teams. I believe they're being very unrealistic and that eventually it will be their undoing. In the end, it is a competition where you attempt to beat other teams. It has become annoying to hear Charla's cries of "I can't believe they didn't help us!".

----------------------------

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-28-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Their own worst enemy"
You are absolutely correct! It's like they expect people to help them (even though they protest they can do this and do that and prove to the world, ad nauseum) and then get all bent out of shape when people don't go out of their way to help them. One of them even quoted early in the game "we'll help people when they start helping us." Um, normally that works better the other way around.

Charla, I don't have a problem with. She's got a lot of heart. However I was praying that Mirna would try to use her mouth to block the hockey puck shots.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Yet another useless picking of nits ..."
Pet Peeve alert ... Mirna did not get "electrocuted" (dispite what she said .. the semantically challenged dolt). Since she survived, she was only 'shocked', because by definition, "electrocuted" (electrocution) results in death. The Electric Chair causes death by electrocution. An electric fence just gives 'gentle' encouagement to move away.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

RuffNeck 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-27-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RuffNeck Click to send private message to RuffNeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Yet another useless picking of nits ..."

>An electric fence just gives 'gentle' encouagement to move away.

And to not be pee'd on too

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-28-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Yet another useless picking of nits ..."
THANK YOU! I was muttering that under my breath, myself. Lots of people say that, though. Makes me nuts.

Diz

Noble Crusader 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-27-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noble%20Crusader Click to send private message to Noble%20Crusader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Watching that fat ugly midget waddle her way through this game is an ugly site indeed!! It will be nice when Charla and her cousin get eliminated. Then Charla can go back to her life in the circus.

07-28-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Ugh. Another one. Can we ease up on the "Charla belongs in the circus" stuff? It's just offensive. She's a midget, a dwarf, a little person, whatever. But she has no beard and I haven't seen her swallowing fire yet, so I don't think she belongs in the circus.

Diz

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-28-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Not so much "DIE!" as some people (glances to the left) but I do feel the hate. Mirna kicking Colin away and acting so righteous about it? Not cool.

I kind of wish that one of the Detour options was 'Take One Shot'. On the spot, quick and easy. Let's play Russian Roulette!

07-28-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Mirna kicking Colin away and acting so righteous about it? Not cool.

SO not cool. Couldn't believe her nerve. I don't like Mirna, though she makes me laugh sometimes with her sheer dippiness. I think Charla's more likeable.

Diz

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-28-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
Mirna kicking Colin away and acting so righteous about it? Not cool.

It's shocking she's a lawyer

Noble Crusader 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-04, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Noble%20Crusader Click to send private message to Noble%20Crusader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Midget and Gidget Rant"
<I kind of wish that one of the Detour options was 'Take One <Shot'. On the spot, quick and easy. Let's play Russian Roulette!

I used to play hockey. How I wish that I was one of those hockey players taking shots at Charla last night. That midget would have been getting some chin music. If I would have fired a shot off her mask, oh well, them are the breaks.

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Gidget and Phil"
Did anyone notice what Phil said to Mirna when they arrived at the pit stop?

I don't remember the words directly but he said, "Oh you're going to hug me again." I think he's getting sick of being mauled by her. I thought it was funny.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Gidget and Phil"
> I think he's getting sick of being mauled by
>her. I thought it was funny.

Yeah, I heard that also. She wants him, that's obvious. I'm sure the deodorant has stopped working long before they hit the Pit Stop so the last thing Phil wants to do is hug any of the contestants.

Besides, they might soil his cool sweaters (or Parka).

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-28-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Mirna and Smirna"
I think I figured out why the others teams call Gidget and the Midget "Mirna and Smirna." It's short (heh!) for Mirna and Small Mirna.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •