The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"June 12 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-30-03, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"June 12 episode"
Zap2It has provided press releases for future episodes in the past for us, but they seem to be busy with other things. I found this at TVRules.Net:

SOME ALLIANCES STAY TOGETHER WHILE OTHERS BREAK APART AS THE TEAMS RACE TOWARDS THE NEXT PIT STOP, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 4," THURSDAY, JUNE 12

"I Wasn't Even Going To Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards" – Teams form new alliances while others fall apart on THE AMAZING RACE 4, Thursday, June 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

A frightening asthma attack brings a team to a crashing halt, but they find solace in the aid of another team who opts to help them rather than continue on the racecourse. One team's promise to another team turns up empty and accusations fly, bringing an alliance to an end. Blood is drawn as a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical and a 460-foot bungee jump finds teams facing some of their greatest fears while one wild teammate will attempt the dive in a way nobody expects!

I find it annoying that they talk about alliances rather than where they'll be visiting next, but oh well.

So, who's the asthmatic?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: June 12 episode managerr 05-30-03 1
   RE: June 12 episode TeamJoisey 05-30-03 2
       RE: June 12 episode magic_star 05-30-03 4
           RE: June 12 episode carencey 06-04-03 7
   RE: June 12 episode clemsonbeav 06-06-03 16
 who is the asthmatic? VanQ1 05-30-03 3
   RE: who is the asthmatic? managerr 06-02-03 5
       RE: who is the asthmatic? KeithFan 06-04-03 8
           RE: who is the asthmatic? managerr 06-04-03 9
 TV Guide magic_star 06-02-03 6
 RE: June 12 episode mtopaz 06-04-03 10
   RE: June 12 episode ejm92 06-04-03 11
 BUNGEE jump may be S/D's demise VanQ1 06-05-03 12
 RE: June 12 episode VanQ1 06-06-03 13
 RE: June 12 episode TODDLJ 06-06-03 14
   RE: June 12 episode VanQ1 06-06-03 17
   RE: June 12 episode Neobie 06-07-03 18
 CBS Worded Preview... magic_star 06-06-03 15
   RE: CBS Worded Preview... KLicK 06-07-03 19
       RE: CBS Worded Preview... anotherkim 06-08-03 20
           RE: CBS Worded Preview... magic_star 06-08-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-30-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: June 12 episode"
It's definitely not Jaree. (Smoker) I'd guess one of the non-sports-playing females. Maybe Amanda?

Seeing as there are only so many ways you can bungee jump and do it safely, I'm guessing someone does it in the nude!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-30-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: June 12 episode"

>Seeing as there are only so
>many ways you can bungee
>jump and do it safely,
>I'm guessing someone does it
>in the nude!

Please dear God, not Steve and Dave...

We know it is not Tian and Jaree, since we have video of their jump in one of the promos.

Don't bet on Millie.

Who else is "wild" enough??

Kelly?
Cindy?
Jeff and Dave? not together.
Reichen and Chip? maybe.

Amanda? That's my guess.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-30-03, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: June 12 episode"
>We know it is not Tian
>and Jaree, since we have
>video of their jump in
>one of the promos.

So we know Tian/Jaree are safe this next episode then.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-04-03, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: June 12 episode"
Help me out here. Where is this spoiler? I know there is the one shot of a bungee jumper in the show intro and on one of the previews, but how was that identified? It's definitely not Jaree's bright yellow jacket--or is there a different vidcap which hasn't been posted over here?

It seems some people are relying on the spoiler, but I at least want to see it firsthand before I go changing all my game entries.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-06-03, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: June 12 episode"
I'd have to guess Jon/Al would be "wild" enough to do it that way!

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-30-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "who is the asthmatic?"
Well, there is no real way to tell who is the asthmatic. Finally, something that I can comment on from my professional experience. It could very well be Jaree, although I would have expected to see her taking puffers during her high mountain trek.

I am not sure why someone said that it would NOT be her. She could definitely be an uncontrolled asthmatic with her smoking..tsk tsk tsk.
There are high level athletes who have asthma, so it could easily be someone who is in excellent shape. It could be triggered from an allergic response to some foreign pollen or pollution.

My guess, for some reason Amanda strikes me as a candidate. Dont know why.

I guess we will find out in due course.

06-02-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: who is the asthmatic?"
Hrm, It know it is possible to be athletic and asthmatic at the same time, but there are extra precautions. Can you really smoke with asthma though? My mom is that way, and she said that smoking would kill her, she's even had attacks triggered from secondhand smoke. It just doesn't sound like something a person who knows they have their condition would really engage in. But then again, I'm no expert.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-04-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: who is the asthmatic?"
Unfortunately, yes, it's possible. I am a pharmacist and I see it every day. People come in and get $200 worth of inhalers (in my area that means you and I pay for them) then they go to the other end of the store and buy coffin nails.

It's funny, my guess was the same for the asthmatic, although it is completely baseless, and I don't think Chris would have been so hard on her tromping over the mountain knowing she had the condition so it's probably not her. My second guess would be one of the NFL wives.

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

06-04-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: who is the asthmatic?"
Actually one of the NFL wives is a really good guess. Since they did the FF (and really didn't show us much of them doing it) we didn't see any clues of this--maybe to surprise us later.

06-02-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "TV Guide"
Nothing new, but here it is.

"Amazing Race 4
I Wasn't Even Going to Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards!
60 min.
A frightening asthma attack brings one team to a sudden halt. Also: the teams must bungee jump from 460 feet."
http://tvguide.com/listings/closerlook.asp?I=66890&Q=3870469&S=535&N=10&cl=WTSP&DT=37784.833333

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-04-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: June 12 episode"
"I Wasn't Even Going To Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards"

I have a question - when a statement is given in quotes like this (I mean by a source such as TV Guide, etc.) - does that mean a contestant actually said it, or is it dramatic license by the show's promoters?

And if it's an actual quote, who might have said it? Could it have been John - who seems like he might be a bit of a hothead, to either Reichen or Chip? Reichen and Chip seem very intense to me, which is probably why I automatically thought of them after reading that quote.

Alliances that fall apart: Perhaps Josh/Steve's loose alliance with Chamanda and Chillie goes by the wayside. The dynamic between Chamanda and Chillie is tighter, and I could see father/son easily forming a different alliance if they thought it would benefit them more.

No idea who might have asthma, but for some reason Amanda did come to mind first.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-04-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: June 12 episode"
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-03 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

Yup, 9.9 times out of 10 the episode title is a quote...sometimes it isn't a direct quote, but it reflects something that one of the teams says during the episode...Aman/Chris is a good guess for that quote, could also be Millie/Chuck or maybe Russell/Cindy....it sounds to me like something that was muttered when the two teams were arguing over the "coveted prize" (I'm guessing the FF).

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

06-05-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "BUNGEE jump may be S/D's demise"
I dont think that there is anyway that Steve/Dave team can do a bungee jump. That is given that Dave's knee is so bad. I am guessing that this might be a detour, and usually there is a much slower alternative to bungee jumping. And because of this their alliance can not help, and I think this is the episode where we see Steve/Dave exit.
I dont think that they would describe either of these guys as the 'one wild teammate who dives in a way no one expects'.

06-06-03, 01:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: June 12 episode"
Well I guess that quote is Chip telling Millie that she got pushed because she slammed his head back and cut his lip. SHE looks like she deserved to be pushed.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-06-03, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: June 12 episode"
Well, it looks like we have some answers:

"A frightening asthma attack brings a team to a crashing halt, but they find solace in the aid of another team who opts to help them rather than continue on the racecourse."

From the preview, this would appear to be Millie with the asthma, and my guess is Father/Son opt to help them, continuing their alliance.

"One team's promise to another team turns up empty and accusations fly, bringing an alliance to an end."

This one is still a mystery, though it could be an end to the GayMarried/BestFriends alliance, or to the FatherSon/AirTraffic alliance.

"Blood is drawn as a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical"

Another reference to the Chip/Millie incident.

"a 460-foot bungee jump finds teams facing some of their greatest fears while one wild teammate will attempt the dive in a way nobody expects!"

What would be 'a way nobody expects?'

Some have guessed it involves nudity, which seems unlikely. (If one of the models bungees nude, it would be Tian, as Jere was shown doing this normally in the preview.) I think if something that titillating happened, they would focus on it in the preview.)

More likely, one of the clowns does this in a silly way.

"I Wasn't Even Going To Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards"

Appears to be quoting Chip, making excuses about getting physical with Millie.

"Some alliances stay together"

Appears to be Father/Son still choosing to help Team Virgin, as I mentioned earlier.

"Others break apart"
Could be the GayMarried/BestFriends alliance, or the FatherSon/AirTraffic alliance as I mentioned earlier.

06-06-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: June 12 episode"
Great analysis TODD, but I think that your take on Chip's "EXCUSES" are your own take.. if she draws first blood by slamming his head... GAME ON! Just because she is female, doesnt preclude her from getting shoved orpushed if she is starting that kind of dirty play. Cutiing in line because you are faster is one thing, pushing and injuring someone is something else.
Take a look at her in the past episode, she is rude and aggressive, with all the people she was talking to for information. Especially evident in the mask room, she nearly pushed one guys mask off as she says NOT YOU, and storms off. Not the picture of a god fearing girl she wants everyone to believe.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-07-03, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: June 12 episode"
I think Jon and Al help Millie, because in the previews, in two different shots, they were with the team and looking very sympathetic, if that's what you call it...

06-06-03, 02:09 AM (EST)
15. "CBS Worded Preview..."
Next Week on THE AMAZING RACE:

A frightening asthma attack brings Millie & Chuck to a crashing halt. But they find solace when another Team opts to help them rather than continue on.

One Team's promise to another Team turns up empty, and accusations fly, bringing an alliance crashing to the ground.

Blood is drawn when a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical.

A 460-foot bungee jump finds Teams facing some of their greatest fears. But one wild teammate will attempt the dive in a way nobody expects!

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-07-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: CBS Worded Preview..."
Blood is drawn when a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical.

Isn't the only "coveted prize" in each episode the fast forward?

Is it possible that Millie and Chip (and partners) opt for the fast forward (Millie because of the attack and Chip because of some unforseen thing that puts them so far behind)?

It seems that the team that loses that battle (if it is FF) would be most likely to be eliminated.

It is bothersome that we don't see the partners in the clips (suggesting a road block).

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CBS Worded Preview..."
I agree that it is "bothersome", but it could be that they are neck and neck running for the FF and each one send their faster one for that particular tag or those two could have just gotten ahead. Chuck and Reichen could be a few paces out of the shot.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--hopes Millie has a couple of spare inhalers with her

06-08-03, 03:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: CBS Worded Preview..."
It could be that both of them split up on the streets, so they had a better chance of finding it. So Chuck and Reichen went one way, Millie and Chip went the other way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •