The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Anti-Bachelor Game "
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-04 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-14-04 AT 05:34 PM (EST)
TO JOIN FOR WEEK TWO, PLEASE POST YOUR PICKS IN THE WEEK ONE RESULTS/WEEK TWO ENTRIES THREAD. Thanks!

Welcome Bachelorette fans! I thought it was high time that the Bachelor(ette) board had a game of it's own. Are you ready to guess who will win Meredith's heart, and who will leave broken-hearted?

The goal is to score as many “points” as you can each week by picking who is NOT going to be executed that week, with the season ending Champion being the one that picks the Bachelor who will Meredith's hear, or who has built up the most points.

The Rules:
(Stolen directly from GTMIKE)

1) You can pick as many, or as few, people you want each week (minimum of 1) How many you decide to name each week is a function of your daring and strategy. Please remember that you are picking the people that you think WILL be getting a rose.

2) For each person you list that does get a rose, you gain one point.

3) If you put down someone's name that does not get a rose, you lose 8 points. I've decided that no one will be eliminated from the game, as it's hard to spoil.)

4) You can also pick up 5 points for different bonus points that will be asked each week.

5) You can enter the game anytime you want up until episode 3. After episode 3 airs, the game is closed to new people. It is only a 7 week show.

6) Everyone starts at 0 points when they enter.

7) If you don’t make a new weekly pick, it will stay the same as the prior week.

8) All picks must be made by Wednesday night 10p.m. est. Any late picks or picks not made will use the previous week's picks as the current week's pick.

What it boils down to is that you control how risky a game you want to play. You can pick a big number of players each week and try to rack up a lot of points, but the more you select, the greater the chance you earn that penalty for picking the executed person. Conversely, you can play it safe and select a small number of players, but you will fall behind in the standings. I think this flexibility adds a lot of strategy and excitement to our little game, and should keep things interesting.
THE BACHELORS

Aaron
Andy
Anselm
Brad
Brian
Chad
Chris R
Cory
Damon
Eliot
Harold
Ian
Jeff
Justin
Keith
Lanny
Marcus
Matthew
Rick
Robert
Ryan M
Ryan R
Sean
Todd
Trever

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Edited to add: Any help hosting this game would be great!
Also edited because I forgot to hit the preview key...

A Kyngsladye Original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game Chrissy gal 01-14-04 1
   RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game buckeyegirl 01-14-04 3
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game LeftPinky 01-14-04 2
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game SilverStar 01-14-04 4
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game Chrissy gal 01-14-04 5
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game SilverStar 01-14-04 6
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game tk72 01-14-04 7
   RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game Chrissy gal 01-14-04 8
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game SilverStar 01-14-04 9
 Wk. 2 entry djandy 01-15-04 10
   RE: Wk. 2 entry Fraz 01-16-04 11
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game buckeyegirl 01-16-04 12
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game Nascargirl48 01-19-04 13
   RE: Hey Nascargirl48 tk72 01-19-04 14
 RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game Nascargirl48 01-19-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-14-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
2) For each person you list that does NOT get a rose, you gain one point.

3) If you put down someone's name that does not get a rose, you lose 8 points.

???

01-14-04, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Oops...sorry about that, I'll make the changes now...it should be that you lose 8 points, and I've decided that no one will be elimanated as it's hard to spoil who will go next, and we may not have enough players for them to be elimanated. Thanks for pointing out that glitch!

A Kyngsldaye Original

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-14-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "

*waves to buckeye*
Hey, I'll pick next week... Want to see the guys first!

created by the amazing JSlice!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Anselm???? Wow, that's an interesting one! Shouldn't the picks have to be made before like 9:45 before the rose ceremony starts? I've already picked 6 guys, but I'm not daring enough to vote for them before the show even starts!! Their pictures and bios look good, but they could be jack@sses! But pretty much all Meredith will have to go on is their looks anyhow. This should be fun!

SilverStar

01-14-04, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
O.K. I'll start:

Andy
Brad
Damon
Marcus
Rick

So If I get one wrong I'm only at -4! If I get more wrong, I'm dead in the water! Good luck to me!

01-14-04, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Here are my picks:

Aaron
Chad
Robert
Trever
Marcus
Damon
Ian

SilverStar

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-04, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-04 AT 09:56 PM (EST)

West Coast picks.
Marcus
Matthew
Damon
Eliot
Harold

"I've learned that kindness is more important than perfection."

01-14-04, 09:59 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
I'm West Coast, too! If she doesn't keep Damon and Marcus, we are all toast!

01-14-04, 10:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Darn it all to heck!! I bumped off 2 of the guys that I had on my original list of 6, and of course she ended up picking them! I won't ruin it for the west coasters - let me just say that I did not do so well tonight!

SilverStar

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-15-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Wk. 2 entry"
Ian, Ryan M., Chad, Damon, Rick, Brad

djandy

Fraz 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-16-04, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fraz Click to send private message to Fraz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wk. 2 entry"
How many guys does she bump during week 2?

And these are the names of the guys she keeps, right?

I think she'll keep Rick, Chad, and Lanny. I'll have to think about who else she keeps.

01-16-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Scores will be up soon! Sorry for the delay-it's been the week from heck at work!

A Kyngsladye Original

Nascargirl48 36 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-04, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nascargirl48 Click to send private message to Nascargirl48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
I'd like to join the game. Do I need to do anything special???
My picks for 10 are
Lanny
Ian
Matt
Chad
Ryan M
Todd
Rick
Brad
Sean
Ryan R
You can e-mail me at Nascargirl48@go.com if you need too. Also you can e-mail me there if you have any new theories about the show

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-19-04, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hey Nascargirl48"
Hi there. Check out this thread. "Anti-Bachelor Week One Results/Week Two Entries"Anti-Bachelor

You can put your picks here for week 2.

Good Luck

"I've learned that kindness is more important than perfection."

Nascargirl48 36 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-04, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nascargirl48 Click to send private message to Nascargirl48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Anti-Bachelor Game "
Hi everyone, my picks to gp home on the 21st are Damon, Eliot, Harold, Marcus and Robert....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •