The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-24-04, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
This group was really Amazing. List your favorites, who you voted for, who you think will move on, or just who you thought was hot (i know that's a major factor, wink wink).

1. LATOYA - girl, you gave me goosebumps by the second line. Where they been hidin this gem? She had it all.

2. Eric - wonderful, and we really need a boytoy this season, and hey, i think he happens to be it.

3. Amy - just awesome. I love her personality, and she seems ready to handle it all. We need someone FUN here. And yet very mature at the same time... interesting.

Elizabeth - started good. I Wanna Dance with somebody????!?! I wouldn't even do that in Karaoke. hey VOLSFAN - you got your wish. You psychic, boy!
Jonah - hey dawg, whats up? i just wasnt feelin it tonight. What a weak song choice. Plus, its hard to beat the ballad style of Reuben.
Leah - Was that what the song was really supposed to sound like? Timing Must've been off. Yes, potential. Come back next season.
Hobbit guy, Jon - you were good, but more of a Rocker. or Broadway Pop/rock guy - like in Tommy or Rent. Yeah, I can see you starring in Rent as that Blond guy, Roger.
Charly - I'm sorry. I can't even remember after LATOYA's performance. I'll try to edit later.

I'm excited now, WOO HOO

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... I_AM_HE 02-24-04 1
 Finally, some real talent TeamJoisey 02-24-04 2
   RE: Finally, some real talent greeneyes 02-25-04 16
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... IslandFever 02-24-04 3
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... LilNik8 02-24-04 4
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Mizz Eve 02-24-04 5
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... lyrker 02-24-04 6
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... 712 02-25-04 7
   RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... brvnkrz 02-25-04 8
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... volsfan 02-25-04 9
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Ricky 02-25-04 10
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... smiley 02-25-04 11
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Breezy 02-25-04 12
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Bebo 02-25-04 13
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... geg6 02-25-04 14
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... ElroyJetson 02-25-04 15
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... nailbone 02-25-04 17
   RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... EnglProf 02-25-04 20
       RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Bebo 02-25-04 21
       RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... geg6 02-25-04 23
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Schnookie Palookie 02-25-04 18
 Wow... tig_ger 02-25-04 19
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... managerr 02-25-04 22
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... tk72 02-25-04 24
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... badger 02-25-04 25
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... johnthemod 02-25-04 26
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... EMT135 02-25-04 27
 Latoya and Amy moonbaby 02-25-04 28
 Latoya and Amy DoodleBug 02-25-04 29
   RE: Latoya and Amy I_AM_HE 02-25-04 30
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... tstyoung 02-25-04 31
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Monicanada 02-25-04 32
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... minitroll 02-25-04 33
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Jethro 02-25-04 34
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... MTW1961 02-25-04 35
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... BennyBoy 02-25-04 36
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... ejm92 02-25-04 37
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Milan23 02-25-04 38
   RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... MTW1961 02-25-04 39
 Well gang... Bebo 02-25-04 40
   RE: Well gang... ElroyJetson 02-25-04 41
       RE: Well gang... MTW1961 02-26-04 49
   RE: Well gang... trish2347 02-25-04 42
       RE: Well gang... Bebo 02-25-04 45
           RE: Well gang... trish2347 02-25-04 46
               RE: Well gang... Bebo 02-25-04 47
                   RE: Well gang... Milan23 02-26-04 50
 RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Mistral 02-25-04 43
   RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... trish2347 02-25-04 44
       RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote fo... Mistral 02-25-04 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

1. Amy – After she sang, I was ready to call the competition off and give her the title, she was sooooooo much better than anyone in the first 2 groups.

2. Latoya – but then she ended VERY powerfully, and almost tied Amy with me. Had she started as well as she finished, she’d be #1. But the competition so far is between these two.

The rest of the group was no better than any of the 16 before them. Not as good as Lisa, Jennifer, Katie, or Fantasia, none of whom were as good as Amy or Latoya.

3. Eric – eh, had a nice voice, but not a lot of passion.

4. Leah – finished well, but started too much like Jonah.

5. Jonah – wonderful voice, HATED the song.

6. John Peter – sang too much from the back of his throat. If he fixed that he’d move up.

7. Elizabeth – didn’t care much for the voice OR the performance, Simon.

8. Charly – almost as bad as the Roman brothers, yikes.

edit to add i may not even watch the finals this season, cause i don't think any of my favorites will be there
Amy probably won't make the vote because the judges hyped up Leah so much, and Eric will prolly get the fangirl vote to move to the finals with Latoya. Amy will probbaly be lucky to get asked to the WC show, as well as Lisa, Jennifer, and Katie. NOt counting Latoya, those are my 4 faves so far

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-04, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Finally, some real talent"
Excuse me, did I just watch the winner?

1. LaToya: She just threw down on everybody else. Beat that, suckas!

2. Amy: Good voice, mature but quirky, not ScooterGirl quirky. I HATE Celine Dion, and liked that performance.

3. Eric: Clay lives. Girls will vote for him cause he's dreamy. And oh yeah, he can sing. But he's no Clay Aiken

4. Elizabeth: A little too growly, but better than anyobdy we saw last week. She may have earned a second chance on the wild card show, but I doubt it.

5. Charly: Her voice was shaky when she started, and only recovered a bit. Poor song choice. Two things in her favor: The judges like her, and everybody south of the Mason-Dixon line likes her.

6. Leah: "Potentially the best one here" is not the same as good. Say hello to the next Carmen Rasmussen.

7. Jon Peter: You can put the pen down now, there'll be no autographs to sign. He doesn't fit this competition, and Eric will steal all his votes.

8. Jonah: Uh, no. Join the Roman brothers on the bench, and let's get to the real show now.

Overall: It's a shame these groups were put together this way. There were six performers tonight who were good enough to win last week.
This group may produce two or three of the wild cards, including judge's selections.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finally, some real talent"
Wave to Joisey

I agree with almost all of your comments except for this comment about Charly

"The judges like her, and everybody south of the Mason-Dixon line likes her.'

I am definitely below the Mason-Dixon line (an hour from the Gulf Coast in Mississippi), but there is just something about her that I do not like at all, but just can't put my finger on it.

But did absolutely love LaToya -- WOW!

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
I liked Elizabeth and Amy. I think Elizabeth has a real stage presence but it doesn't sound like she will make it. I thought Leah was waaaay off tune. She was awful. What's wrong with these judges? Latoya has a good voice, I guess I just didn't like the song. Eric is boring and Jon Peter has a weird voice. Charly and Jonah were so-so. But wasn't everyone better than last week? Latoya's parents seemed like such nice people. She is the whole package. From the auditions Elizabeth really stood out, that's why I'll be sad if she doesn't make it.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Ok Im voting for Charly because she's a sweet girl and she goes to my school and she's really good. Im really sad to see some of yall say such negative things about her performance. She was not bad at all. She just wasn't GREAT FANTASTIC CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT her in a group where everyone did very well (except Jonah). I think people like Amy and Latoya overshadowed everyone. I think that Charly did good by picking Aretha, but I would have picked a better Aretha song. Hopefully she can be a call back. I honestly think some of you need to rewatch just charly's performance minus everyone else and you can see that she was good. Comparing her to the Roman brothers HE was just rude...she wasn't even close to being that terrible.

Latoya: If she doesn't get through, it would be a travesty. I also think she may be the next American Idol. Then again I said that about Tamyra and she was viciously ROBBED and voted out when Nikki McKibbin should have clearly packed her bags. But back to Toya...she was absolutely wonderful...the best Ive seen on this whole show.

Amy: I think Amy will be the second person to get through. She's just good. Not as good as Latoya and someone with no taste claimed, but still good. I can see her and Latoya sitting in the final two with Diana D. being with them in the final three. I don't think she sounds Cabaret at all.

Elizabeth: Poor song choice and poor fashion. Not a bad singer though...may come back in the call back show. Did anyone else feel like she was growling? Just because Kelly Clarkson can do that doesn't mean you can.

Eric: He was ok, but kinda boring. Nothing really special about him that I would vote for. He's nothing like Clay...clay was actually kinda cute in a skinny geeky kinda way. Nor does he have Clay's vocals

Jonah: NO! Bad song...bad singing...he belonged in the group last week.

John: This is the pencil salesman dude right...he was off key at times...im not sure why nobody caught that. He's a good singer but like Simon said, he's not a good American Idol singer

Leah: Im sorry but I didn't think she sounded all that great. I think her rendition kinda butchered the song. She's a good singer but I think that she should have stuck to singing the song in the traditional way instead of trying to be creative. I was surprised that Simon gave her positive feed back.

1-866-IDOLS-05!

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya - Absolutely the best that I've seen in this competition. I also liked her wardrobe choice tonight, no more old lady clothes for her.

Eric - I really like his voice. Sadly, I don't think that he has the personality to win. I would like to combine his voice with John's playfulness.

Amy & Leah - This is a toss up. I think that they were both on the same level. What was up with Leah's outfit? Please don't tell me that Madonna 80s leggings w/dresses is coming back. If I start seeing people wearing dropped waist floral print dresses and black witch shoes, I'll move to Italy.

Charly - She just did not do well. I felt that her voice was not as strong tonight as it was in earlier performances. I'm kinda getting sick of the "I'm from the Lumbee tribe" line as well. It's starting to sound a lot like her version of the Rosebowl. On the other hand, I respect her pride. I just don't want to hear it everytime she opens her mouth. She looked like she was on her way to a junior high prom in that god awful dress.

John - I really like his personality. Too bad he can't compete with Latoya or the others I've mentioned above.

The rest were forgettable.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Well. That was certainly better than the last Group. At last, we have a competition!

In general I was very impressed. All the contestants gave it a good go; even the ones who weren't on their stride outclassed the last group, fer shure.

I was most impressed by Latoya, natch. I helped tie up the phone lines for her. Goosebumps indeed. I haven't seen anything like that in a while and it sure wasn't on a star search.

I also liked Elizabeth. I really enjoyed how she worked the song; she didn't just sing it. Looked cute too, though I don't know if that was the dress for her.

I liked Amy too -- I've always dug her look. Her song was on the better side of good but it didn't quite take my breath away.

The rest of the contestants were good. Just good. Which is, as I said, a vast improvement over last week. Jonah disappointed me. He has a better voice than that and it just didn't show. Same with Charly. I had her built up to do so much better than she did.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. LaToya - Not a fan of the song, but that was a damn good performance.

2. Charly - I can't believe she got trashed the way she did... Chain of Fools is a kind of unorthadox song, and I thought she did a really good job with it.

I didn't think this week was all that great, actually. The really good ones were better than last week's best, but I don't think the rest were all that much better... just that the bad ones this week weren't painfully horrible.

3. Leah - Did okay, but it was just kind of weak overall... I like her voice though.

4. Amy - I hate that song, and again, found the performance to be very weak.

5. Eric - Seemed to be trying to hard NOT to be Clay, and I think it hurt him. That said... see you in the finals, Eric...

6. Elizabeth - Whatever. I hope someone added Whitney to that list of songs nobody should sing ever again.

The last two were a HUGE disappointment for me...

7. John Peter/Jonah - Awful vocal style/Awful song.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya looked the part, sounded the part and acted the part. She was absolutely fabulous. If she doesn't go through, this show is history for me.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya's performance tonight was the best performance in AI history (IMHO). She hit every note and was very impressive...just hope she can keep it up. Hard to follow-up a porformance like that!

Eric was my second favorite and we do need a boytoy this time around...I hope he moves on!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-25-04, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1) Latoya - as Randy mentioned, she must have been holding back all this time. We haven't seen that intensity from her before.
2) Clay - I mean Eric
3) Amy - great personality and voice

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
This group was way better than last weeks group!!!!!!!!

1. LATOYA - OMH I had major goosebumps. If this girl doesn't get voted in then she will definetly grab a wildcard from the judges. Amazing amazing performance. By far the best on the night.

2. Is a tie between Eric and Amy- I thought both of them have wonderful voices. Amy has more personality than Eric but both of them did a great job

Elizabeth - she did a pretty good job. I didn't like the song choice too much.

Jonah - Good voice but I HATED the song choice.

Leah - She has a great voice but I don't really think she did that great of a job last night. She might have a chance of getting in due to the judges comments.

Jon - ehhh so so

Charly - Not her greatest performance

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya and Amy.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. Latoya - Wow. Completely impressive. Has the type of voice that can handle different song styles well, so I see her doing very well in this competition. Mr. B's hands-down favorite of the night.

2. Amy - She's got a lovely voice, but I wish she would have sung a different song.

3. Elizabeth - How dare she sing Keith's song???? (Yeah, I know most people remember "Like a Virgin", but "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" was his follow-up.) Thought her pronunciations got a bit weird at times.

4. Eric - There's a big drop between 3 and 4 in my mind. He didn't pick a song that showcased his talent or personality well.

5. Charly - I wanted to cheer for her, I wanted her to do so well because she seems like such a sweetie (and because she's a Tarheel). But while she did OK, she didn't do well enough to advance in my mind.

6. Jon Peter - Another poor song choice. Another Elton John song would have probably served him better. But what was up with swallowing so many words? He sang like he had cotton in his mouth.

7. Leah - I'm glad I'm not the only one who could tell she was off-key. And I thought her exaggerated motions were distracting, instead of a natural part of her performance. (She could learn a lot from Elizabeth there.)

8. Jonah - Not your night at all. Sorry, dude.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 09:15 AM (EST)

OMH, what a difference a week makes! But a few standouts here make this easy.

1) LaToya - blew me a way! I don't remember her from any of the auditions and didn't expect much because of it, but I think we may have seen a winner.

2) Amy - love her voice and her look. Great personality and what the heck is with Simon? Cabaret? I don't see it, but I'm sure she'd sing the he!! out of the song.

3) Eric - this year's Clay without the sex appeal and without quite as much talent.

4) Leah - has all the ingredients, but they just haven't jelled yet. Give it another year.

5) Elizabeth - okay, but gets props for a tough song.

6) Jon - wrong type of voice for this competition and, please, learn to pronounce the words of the song clearly.

7) Charly - wanted to love her, but ehhh!

8) Jonah - horrible, horrible, horrible (but better than most of the ones from last week. How's that for a left-handed compliment?)

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. La Toya - Definitely the best of the night. Not mumsy at all! Can't wait for top 12.

2. Amy - Nice voice and good attitude.

3. Jon Peter - He's a little dry but I like his voice. Very folksy and quirky. He's not for this competition unfortunately. Could use some coaching.

4. Elizabeth - Good voice but not the best tonight.

5. Leah - Thinks she's all that. Parents were communist pop-stars. Is that a good thing? Interesting voice tho.

6. Charly - Just OK but probably better than everyone last week. Cute kid.

7. Eric - Didn't care for him. "I have a big personality." Did you leave it at home?

8. Jonah - Aloha, bra. We'll miss the smile.

Top 3 Predictions
1. La Toya
2. Amy
3. Eric

Predicts some wildcards from this group

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. Latoya - what more can be said...

2. Leah - I think that potential can be realized this season, with just a little work

3. Amy - she did well, but something about her just bugs me.

4. Elizabeth - she's HOTT!!

5. Jon Peter - interesting voice

6. Eric - eh...

7. Charly - peeps around here would pick on her accent worse than Darrah

8. Jonah - had an off night at the wrong time

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
I thought LaToya and Amy were rock solid. Simon's crazy with his cabaret obsession. I think that in Simon's opinion, someone looks cabaret, so therefore is cabaret. And he takes a look at Amy with her cartoonish hair and round face and can't see anything else. I respect Simon's judgement most times, but I think he got that wrong last night. Nothing in Amy's performance sounded Cabaret to me; I thought she nailed it.

Latoya was even better, though. I thought that white pantsuit was gorgeous-- elegant and stylish. It also looked fantastic against her skin. In a competition where the women feel that they have to wear skirts up to their *sses (I swear Elizabeth's skirt was so short when she sat down that I could see her underwear on her rear end!! Latoya definitely stood out- classy.

I wanted Charly to do better than she did. I thought she really blew it last night. Even her timing seemed off-- like at one point she wasn't in sync with the music at all. Bummer.

For some reason, I didn't feel like voting last night-- figure it was too close to call-- after Latoya, I mean!!

Tonight should be good.

P.S. Why does everyone think Eric Yoder is such eye candy?? Now Clay had a certain sexiness, but Eric just looks hollow and angular to me. The camera angles on him last night while he was singing were scary. At one point, all he was was one huge cavernous cheekbone!

02-25-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya was even better, though. I thought that white pantsuit was gorgeous-- elegant and stylish.

I agree! I thought she looked so good sitting next to Ryan that I started laughing when they showed her fashion quandries during her interview. Whoever advised her to wear that outfit last night steered her just right.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

>P.S. Why does everyone think
>Eric Yoder is such eye
>candy?? Now Clay had
>a certain sexiness, but Eric
>just looks hollow and angular
>to me. The camera
>angles on him last night
>while he was singing were
>scary. At one point,
>all he was was one
>huge cavernous cheekbone!

That, I think, was the point I was trying to make, EnglProf. He was a decent enough singer and there was a very faint echo of Clay Aiken about him. However, Clay's voice just blows his out of the water and Clay's sex appeal got me even when he was in full dork mode at the first auditions. This guy is only the merest shadow. Clay was a full-blown phemonenon and this guy has just some wishful thinking that he could be all of that.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"

LOL! When I saw Jon, I called out to my DH, hey look, it's a hobbit

I liked Latoya as #1 and Amy as #2. There was something I liked about Leah but agree she sounded off.

An IceCat Classic

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Wow..."
Latoya was amazing. Very few singers in the American Idol competitions have the ability to give me goose bumps. I was telling my DH that we probably don't need to watch this season because I didn't care for any of the singers thus far. Where has this voice been? I must hear more.

Amy was great too. I enjoyed her style and her voice is very good.

Eric was OK.

Everyone else was not memorable to me.

A Kyngsladye Original

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. Latoya - I was watching AI alone, but Latoya's performance made me go "Wow" and applaud to no one in the house. The concern I have with singers like this is that they top out and eventually lose because it's hard to get better than this and America seems to like the singers who improve throughout. One mediocre performance (Tamyra) and she could be done.

2. Amy - She seems fun and that performance wasn't very cabaret. I liked it.

3. Eric - Nice voice, but boring. There are times he looks really cute, and other times he looks totally awful. I don't think the Claymates are ready to latch onto someone else just yet.

4. Charly - I kinda liked parts of it. Average'ish.

5. Jon Peter - I had huge hopes for him, but was dissappointed by that performance. His voice isn't what I thought it was.

6. Leah - I like when she sings up or down an octave, but I don't like her regular singing voice.

7. Elizabeth - Sorry Elizabeth, there is only room in my heart for one Jennifer Fuentes.

8. Jonah - Probably the worst song choice ever on American Idol. That sounded like some random fan in the audience singing. The whole song seemed to be one note!

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"

Latoya- Wow. what a voice such range and control. Where did she come from. A hidden gem she is.

Amy- I liked her perfomance. I think she has chance to move to the next round.

Eric- Interesting Voice-But I can't get over the Clay Aiken thing.

The rest are not memoriable to me as well.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
another shout-out here for amy and latoya's performances.

i'll confess i voted multiple times last night for amy, as the first time i called i got right through (not a good sign, methinks).

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-25-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
This was really hard to do. I had to rank them just on how well they performed this week, and I will honestly be happy with any of my top 7 going on this week. Wildcard should be : 5 from group 3 that didn't make it, Matthew from week 1, 2 from group 4 and Scooter Girl.

1. Latoya - she was the best, and she just came out of nowhere which really surprised me

2. Leah - I agree with Paula, she is a star. She's beautiful and a great singer/performen and has a very unique voice.

3. Amy - there's something about Amy i just don't like. Maybe it's the hair i don't know. But there's no doubt she can sing.

4. Elizabeth - took a song that failed last year and gave it a good performance. There was something unsexy about her though that I didn't quite love.

5. Eric - if Clay hadn't been there last year, I think Eric would be towards the top of my list. Unfortunately, both his singing and speaking voices are almost exactly the same as Clay's. It's too bad b/c he's much better looking.

6. Jon Peter - I really like this guy, but there was something a little off in his singing and he looked slightly uncomfortable on stage. That and he's just too short I think.

7. Charly - this sucks, cause I actually liked Charly and her performance, but I just don't think it was quite good enough this week.

Any of those seven would beat anyone from last week...and now, huge gap...

8. Jonah - I was actually hoping he'd do badly, we don't need another Ruben. And he fulfilled my every expectation. Lame song, lame performance, if he's in the top 3, I will cry.

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
My votes are for LaToya and Amy.
As remarkable as LaToya's signing ability is, I'm more impresed by her maturity. She's humble, yet confident and is perhaps the only contestant I've ever seen who did not feel the need to hold up the number of fingers corresponding to the phone number to vote for her after her performance. There was no pleading, mouthing her number to the camera or any of that stuff. Maybe it's something she'll begin doing later, but last night it made a big difference to me that she didn't. I think she'd be able to handle the pressures of performance and fame very well.
Kudos to Amy, too. She definitely can sing and has such a pleasant personality. Somehow the fuschia hair fits her without making her freaky.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Latoya and Amy"
This entire group outshone last week's sorry bunch, and that last number? A show stopper!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Latoya and Amy"
Latoya can SANG! Wow was she ever good. I just hope the rest of the voting audience agrees.

Amy will get in on 1) her personality and 2) her voice.

Runner-ups.... Leah and Eric.

Maybe if Leah sang a different song, I would have liked her better. Maybe a wildcard???

I liked Eric. He sang his song very well. I'm not sure he'll get enough votes because the girls really kicked butt last night.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
I've been right so far.... we'll see.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Latoya and Amy"
the girls have been kicking butt all season. NONE of the guys have been impressive. Eric was the most impressive, but so blah. unfortunately, as i said above, i think the fangirl vote will give Eric the nod over Amy...making 4 of my top 6 that won't have made the Final 12 (Latoya as my 1 or 1a, and Fantasia as my #6 being the 2 of 6 that will)

tstyoung 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tstyoung Click to send private message to tstyoung Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya and Amy all the way!!!

Latoya was excellent!!! She not only sung the song correct but she made it her own and sung her little heart out!!! So far she is the best in the competition. She has my vote.

Second for this group is Amy. I think she did an outstanding job w/the Celine Dion song. And I don't even really like Celine Dion. Good Job Amy!

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. LaToya - listened to her four times, and had goose bumps every time

2. Eric

3. Amy

Created by the amazing J Slice!
RMMW!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-25-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Latoya and Amy. I was impressed with both of them.

Jethro 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jethro Click to send private message to Jethro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Latoya's performance was the best so far this year. Before she came on, I thought maybe Amy was the best, but at the end of the night it was clear to almost everyone that Latoya owned the night.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-25-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

LaToya was amazing. She's a LOCK for tonight. Elizabeth was great, I think she deserves the second spot. The other women were okay to good. I love Amy and hope she gets into the top 12, but I don't think she performed well last night.

All the guys? So far NONE of the guys among the first 24 contestants has been even remotely impressive. Probably the best was the weak-voiced Matthew from week 1.

Week 2 - your top 2 wouldn't have beat any of the other 16 so far.

RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section - Marketing VP

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
OK so I am gonna be the dark horse here and say something bad about LaToya. First off she was amazing and by far the best of the night if not the competition, but when she was belting out those notes Whitney Houston style I thought of the country theme night. I couldn't imagine her singing a country song, and that got me thinking, that with a voice like hers, she doesn't need this competition at all to be famous...If I had a voice as good as hers, AI would kinda look silly and pathetic to me (but what do I know)

I don't like Amy for some reason, I dunno what it is, I mean we've seen the pink hair before....

Eric is from STL which is already good in my book. I know that a lot of people around here were voting for him last night, he's been all over our FOX affiliate station

Charly, she's aweome, she looked real good too. I thought her performance, while not GREAT was just as good as most others, and I can't get over her speaking voice

Elizabeth, somebody said early that she was kinda growling, I agree with that! I thought she was going to animorph into a lion or something by the end of the song

Leah- meh..the Bulgarian thing is kinda cool

The Pen Salesman-I took a nap while he was performing

Jonah- had horrible flashbacks of the Roman brothers

My Top Three:
LaToya
Amy
Eric
(Alternate:Charly) Or perhaps that is just wishful thinking

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. Latoya - no question, the best from last night.
2. Leah - I just really liked her potential.
3. Amy - She's quite a character, and she can sing.
4. Elizabeth - A little too cocky for me, but a good voice.
5. Jonah - He really chose the wrong song.
6. Charly - Cute accent, but I think she picked the wrong song.
7. Eric - He's no Clay.
8. Jon Peter - Ick.....his voice was all over the place.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Milan23 Click to send private message to Milan23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
I liked Amy & LaToya much better than the others. I've voted in the past, but usually just a few votes. Last night I voted for Amy at least a hundred times. Partly because I'd love for her to move on, but partly because I absolutely hated Miss Bulgarian Teen 2004. Hated her attitude, her look and her voice. (Although her voice was still much better than anyone from last week).

02-25-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree

02-25-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
40. "Well gang..."
Looks like we're a good representation of the voting public, since our top 2 advanced. Anyone else shocked to see Jon Peter in the final 3? It was so worth it, though, to watch little miss Leah crying, since the public didn't buy into the judges' hype.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Well gang..."
Anyone else shocked to see Jon Peter in the final 3?

Not me Bebes. Check it out!
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/493.shtml#15

Shamelessly blows his own horn

02-26-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Well gang..."
Out of all of us responding to this thread, you were the only one to pick him in the top 3. A couple put him fifth, most of the rest either didn't mention him, or put him near the very bottom.

That's why I'm surprised he got so many votes.

trish2347 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trish2347 Click to send private message to trish2347 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Well gang..."
Did I blink and miss something? Was something cut tonight? Didn't see part of show where Leah or Jon were cut, just commercial, then back to Jon sitting on stool with other two top vote-getters. ?

02-25-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Well gang..."
Trish, the announcement was really quick right after the commmercial - your local affiliate might not have cut back in time.

02-25-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trish2347 Click to send private message to trish2347 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Well gang..."
Many thanks...I thought maybe Leah gave America a mouthful or something....

02-25-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Well gang..."
No, but she was sitting there with the most confident look on her face before Ryan made the announcement. Meanwhile, Jon's jaw hit the ground when Ryan said his name - they were both sure Leah was going to be called.

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Milan23 Click to send private message to Milan23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Well gang..."
Is it wrong that I laughed when I saw Leah crying?

I think it's very telling how they act when they get cut. After all, there's still a chance to be brought back for the Wild Card round and believe that their behavior at this point can sway the judges/producers on whether or not they're brought back. That's why I think that Mathew Metzger and possibly Jon Peter Pensalesman will be brought back, they were very composed and supportive when they were cut. Although it was probably because they knew they weren't getting thru, but still.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
I missed this episode last night...only caught the final performance and relied on what my kids said, but I just finished watching the tape. In no way was this group better than Group #1. There were easily 4 or 5 that should have advanced from Group 1. I sure didn't see that with this group.

Kids picked Amy and Latoya. I only saw Latoya's performance, but that was enough for me. She is far and above anyone else so far (ha ha, Fantasia!); very poised and mature. Started a little slow, but by the end, she was crankin'!

Amy I enjoyed and would like to see her move on.

I would have to put Charly third. I thought her voice was good, as well as the song choice.

Everyone else was unimpressive. Elizabeth? C'mon. She doesn't have it. Leah was too breathy, and what the heck is Bulgarian Pop Music? An oxymoron?

The guys....well...I'm really disappointed that guys aren't doing very well so far. The best were by far in group 1. Pen Salesman just killed "Tiny Dancer." Puh-leez!

02-25-04, 10:31 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Mistral - if you watched tape tonight, did you see anything like part of the Jon-Leah announcement cut?

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Group 3 - Who would You vote for?"
Oh, sorry, just meant that I just watched the tape of last night's show that I missed yesterday. All old stuff at this point. Tonight's episode hasn't aired here on the Left Coast yet, hopefully we won't lose power during this nasty storm!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •