The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alliances Revealed... Do not Succeed?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-05-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alliances Revealed... Do not Succeed?"
Please redirect if I have missed a thread on this. Throughout many seasons we have identified various alliances during the game. What we've usually come up with is "Alliances Revealed do not succeed."

With this post I was hoping to lump all the alliances together in one thread. Hopefully it will make it a little easier to see which ones succeed and which ones fail.

I know I have missed some, but here's what I can gather thus far.

Alliances Revealed
Chapera

Rob & Amber
Rob, Amber & Tom
Rob, Amber, Rupert & Jenna

I'm very unsure about where Alicia stands. Sue stated that they were close.
Even though Jenna & Rupert were in Sabagota, I don't see a real alliance between the two.

Mogo Mogo

Lex, Shii Ann & Kathy
Lex & ("please include me, I really admire you")Jerri
Lex & Colby (has it ever been actually stated or just implied?)
Lex & Ethan (again, maybe just implied b/c of Africa)
Shii Ann & Kathy

What are your thoughts on the alliances shown? Please fill in the ones I've missed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Su... ulalame 03-05-04 1
 Usually true, UNLESS.... shakes the clown 03-06-04 2
   RE: Usually true, UNLESS.... speedyforme 03-06-04 3
       hey speedy shakes the clown 03-06-04 4
           RE: hey speedy speedyforme 03-06-04 5
               RE: hey speedy shakes the clown 03-06-04 6
           RE: hey speedy Loree 03-06-04 7
   RE: Usually true, UNLESS.... Brownroach 03-08-04 10
 RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Su... Oscirus 03-07-04 8
   RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Su... ManilaESQ 03-08-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-05-04, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Succeed?"
Although that is a good rule to generally go by, there was at least one season where all the scheming was revealed (Survivor 5 -- Thailand), where we learned of Brian's dominance over the game and his alliance with Clay early on. So, I wouldn't necessarily assume that this particular alliance will fail.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-06-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Usually true, UNLESS...."
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-04 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

....one of the contestants "revealing the strategy" doesn't have any intention, at this point, of following through with it.

In this ep, we saw Ramber make an alliance with Jupert, but that was followed with a confessional by Rob where he stated that he didn't really have any intention of staying true to that alliance and how Jupert will get voted out whenever he decided to get rid of them. He also stated that along with Jupert, he and Lamber had alliances with every person in Chapera except Sue and Alicia.

Therefore, although MB revealed the Jupert/Ramber alliance, the editing that follows leads the audience to believe that Ramber has no intention of honoring that alliance. We all know how MB likes to promote irony through his editing and what would be more ironic than the Ramber/Jupert alliance actually holding up throughout the game despite Rob's ulterior motives for forming said alliance.

I think MB showed us the final four last night.

Another indication of this alliance succeeding was Tom's confessional that he liked Rupert and didn't think Rupert would screw him over (don't know the exact quote but it was something along those lines). Throw that in with the Jupert/Ramber alliance, plus the speculated fifth place finish of Tom and you can almost picture the wheels inside MB's head spinning as he was editing this episode.

The episode where Tom gets screwed over by Chapera and ends up in fifth place should be hilarious, given what we know about Tom's poor sportsmanship after the way he cried about mamakim winning immunity in the F4 during S3, thereby leading to his premature ouster.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Usually true, UNLESS...."
dont scare me clown, they just cant be the final 4

03-06-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "hey speedy"
>dont scare me clown, they just
>cant be the final 4
>

..you better hope Rob makes the final four....so far, he's carrying this entire season. Without him, we'd be debating between ASS, Thailand and Africa as to which season was the worst ever.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: hey speedy"
QUESTION...why would i hope Rob makes it to final 4?

because wasnt Africa and Thailand based on an alliance that made it through...so ASS would also count as the worst, so if Rob DIDNT make it, then it wouldnt suck that much IMO

unless you are basing a crappy season on something else

03-06-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: hey speedy"
>unless you are basing a crappy
>season on something else

...yeah, I'm obviously referring to the fact tht Rob is far and away the most entertaining and fun to watch contestant in this series.

In fact, other than Rob, I think that Lex is the only other remaining player with the ability to be entertaining. The rest are stiffs.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: hey speedy"
>..you better hope Rob makes the
>final four....so far, he's carrying
>this entire season. Without
>him, we'd be debating between
>ASS, Thailand and Africa as
>to which season was the
>worst ever.

Since Rob is my entertainment on this series I truly hope he makes final 4. And I think he is playing the smartest. Although he says alot of nasty things about his tribe to the camera. Neither RobC or Sue dislike him. They both talked about him after leaving as entertaining while being angry at other tribemates. And he is leading his tribe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Usually true, UNLESS...."
We were also shown Chapera vowing to be six united. I agree that a Jupert/Ramber final 4 would now fit nicely into the "irony" category, but in that event Tom and/or Alicia will also probably be out before 5th and/or 6th place.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-07-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Succeed?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-04 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

The alliances are usually revealed by this time. Some seasons are just more subtle than others.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alliances Revealed... Do not Succeed?"
it is interesting for MB to show the Rob, Amber, Rupert and Jenna alliance. MB of course knows about the spoilers saying that these are the final 4. hmmm... i sense some reverse psychology here. i think we have our final 4 already.

at first, people were skeptical how we can have that final 4 scenario. after the last episode, we know how.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •