The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Kathy really have power?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Kathy really have power?"
Last night Kathy made a comment that she had all the power, that she made the decision to vote Richard off. Shii Ann seemed to agree that Kathy is playing the game hard. Does Kathy really have the power on Mogo Mogo? Because Lex and Colby sure think they do!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Kathy really have power? ohboy 03-05-04 1
 RE: Does Kathy really have power? nailbone 03-05-04 2
   RE: Does Kathy really have power? raidersfantom 03-05-04 3
 RE: Does Kathy really have power? Brownroach 03-05-04 4
 RE: Does Kathy really have power? Jims02 03-05-04 5
 RE: Does Kathy really have power? EMT135 03-05-04 6
   RE: Does Kathy really have power? Shereebie 03-05-04 7
   RE: Does Kathy really have power? Loree 03-05-04 8
       RE: I hope Lex can count ADKer 03-05-04 9
           RE: I hope Lex can count Flowerpower 03-08-04 10
               RE: I hope Lex can count Loree 03-08-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
Anytime anyone says they have power they automatically become a target, and that is what Shi Ann said I see no power with Kathy. The power lies with the majority, she joined the majority. She did not have the power she joined the power

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
She does have some power in that she controls the "women" vote. She was the swing vote between the guys and the gals, and she swung over to the guys, and took the other women with her.

Even Jerri said "we asked Kathy 'who are we voting for' on the way to TC.

But right now it's an even split, men and women. And she has an alliance with Lex. Does that mean, if Lex is also allied with Colby, that Kathy is de facto allied with Colby? That remains to be seen.

I think she and Lex together hold the power, but Lex holds more IMO because, through Colby and Kathy he can control the guys AND the gals.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
Just a lil bit of speculation here. None of the girls have a vote against 'em, and Colby has one and Ethan has two. Presume for a moment that MB has heard enough that the stupid "purple rock of doom" was his worst idea ever. So he brings back the original "votes cast against"

Jerri knows who has the most votes cast against in event of a tie, and that is Ethan. Yet Jerri and Shii are gonna vote majority as they have no clout to swing Ethan or Lex to them (although Jerri tried last night) in their perhaps coup attempt to rid the island of The Colbster. So, if kathy wants the power, all she has to do is get the girls to vote Ethan at their next TC, if they ever have one, and Colby's power base is gone. kathy does have the power indeed I think over at MogoMogo, and Lex is the one who'll ride with her.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
You just reminded me that I have to go over to Bashers today to bash Shii Ann.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
I think she does have power to an extent. I'd say it's more Lex and Kathy who have power.

Kathy/Shii Ann is obvious.
Kathy/Lex is indicated by a confessional
Lex/Jerri was formed at treemail. Although it was sincere, he also forshadowed backstabbing her.

So really, it's kind of like a chain right now, binding them together.

Jerri-Lex-Kathy-Shii

Jims02: 2004 CMY Anti-Executee Champ

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-05-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
Like anything else in Survivor, I think power is relative.
From last night's editing, it certainly appeared that Kathy was large and in charge. As was previously mentioned, Jerri asked Kathy "who are we voting for?" We know that Jerri wanted to vote for Colby and that Shii could have probably been persuaded to get rid of Capt. America as well, yet both voted for Hatch.

Looking at that alone, it appears Kathy is calling the shots.

However, we also have to remember that Kathy said she was influenced mostly by Lex. Her words were something like, "I would have felt like I was stabbing him in the back if I didn't vote for Hatch." Whatever the cause of her motivation (loyalty, subservience, etc.), she deferred to Lex.

I believe Lex is playing a really tight game. He's really only talking to one person (Kathy), yet has the power to influence 4 votes, including his own.
EMT

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-05-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
If Shii Ann feels Kathy has 'the power' it's because she gave it to her, like an idiot.

Off to join BR in Bashers to talk smack about Shii Ann.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does Kathy really have power?"
Kathy seems to have the power of the girls for now. But she also seems to be very cautious of upsetting Lex. She probably doesn't want Lex and his gut tracking her down. Lex takes it very personally when he is crossed. And Kathy realizes this and seems to want to keep Lex around and happy for now. She probably realizes he will be a bigger target than her when they merge.

Lex seems to want a little harem. He mentioned being the provider so the women would not need Colby and Ethan.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I hope Lex can count"
Lex is too worried about outlasting Ethan and Colby; If his tribe goes into the merge outnumbered, it will not matter if Kathy and the girls prefer Lex to Ethan and Colby. I hope that Lex's statement was out of context; He should recognize that he will not last long going into the merge 4 against 6.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I hope Lex can count"
Yes, I think that Lex is really in the position of power....I think that Kathy is his "right hand woman". I just hope Kathy can talk some reason into Lex. He really is the one that seems to make the previous winner status a priority, at least he did with Rich. He seems to genuinely like Colby's company, and I think that he knows Colby is needed up until the merge. Although he and Ethan were friends from their season, I really feel, as the previous winner that Lex has Ethan pretty high up on his "people to boot list". But, I do think that he is a levelheaded, logical, voice of reason....I have to believe that he would consider Shii as a target, as the weakest link in their tribe. But, he is able to manipulate her vote, and that may indeed save her. I'd bet that Lex will end up with a Jerri vote. It just seems as if Lex is too focused on beating Colby, and now Ethan....this could be the downfall of the Mogo's.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I hope Lex can count"
Lex seems to be wanting the loyalty of the women over the strength of the men. I realize he doesn't want to compete in individual comps against Ethan and Colby. But until they merge, he needs their strengthin challenges to not go into the merge outnumbered. This could very well be the demise of the Mogos. If they boot their strength over weak annoying Shii Ann. If Lex goes into the merge as the only male with his harem, guess who the Happy Chappy's would boot first? Lex.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •