OK, let me get this straight...because of the inclement weather preventing the social butterflies from spreading their wings, they had to actually vote out a member who performed the worst? In other words they had the "audacity" to keep players who outperformed others?
Goodness Gracious; Imagine That! Heck, if the continued downpours force voters to use that criteria, I'm praying for rain of biblical proportions.
1) DAVE (3,6,7T) - I'm giving him the top spot for this week. He took what was easily the nastiest of the Samoian Smoothies and chugged it down like a trooper giving his tribe victory. It's mind-boggling that Galu might not have even enjoyed the food reward had Dave not come to the rescue with the fire. Word of Caution: Although there's no way he can know this, Ben thought he was safe because he was able to start fire.
2) RUSSELL H. (1,1,2) - With only five remaining in Foa Foa, he's got Natalie and Mick in the palm of one hand and the HII in the other. Both of which did not happen by accident, it came from his solid play. Not to sound presumptuous, but he's pretty much a shoo-in to make the merge as a result of those two factors.
3) LIZ (4,2,3) - Way to bring it, Girlfriend!!! Her gutsy performance in the IC not only earned raves from the opposing tribe but bought her more time in the game. Not a bright move "messing with the pitbull" but at this stage not too disasterous either because if Foa Foa has another date with TC it will be a coin toss between Liz and Jaison anyway.
4) ERIK (2,5,4) - I'm keeping him up here for nothing more than comic relief. It's hilarious when castaways every season think the combination of sand and saltwater will remove the stentch from an unbathed body who hasn't showered in 12 days. I also found it comical that a man from California marvels over ocean waves.
5) SHAMBO (12,4,15) - Yes I know, it's a pity ranking. Guilty as charged. But I did feel bad for Shambo this episode. Predictions are fun to make, and the easiest prediction this season is Shambo will flip if she makes the merge.
6) NATALIE (7,16,11) - Generally when a player benefits from being aligned with a goat, it's the benefited player who carried the goat just for that purpose. With Natalie it's the other way around. She's riding the coattails of a goat. It will be interesting to see how this will play out for her.
7) JOHN (14,13,14) - Must have been coached by ex-NBA great and free throw shooting extraordnaire Rick Barry before embarking for Survivor. His successful tosses contributed greatly to the Galu win.
8) MICK (11,9,5) - It's a good thing Natalie's skinny...otherwise there wouldn't be any extra room on Russell's coattails for you to ride. I keep thinking he'd do well in challenges. I thought that way about Aras (Exile Island) but he only won one challenge all season. Although he did parlay this "winning by losing" tactic into a million dollar payday. Not so sure Mick will be that lucky.
9) LAURA (13,15,13) - She wasn't tested in the IC but I'll give her kudos for being picked to hold up the bundle. Other than being a member of a strong tribe, not much happening here.
10) BRETT (8,10T,7T) - The man speaks! He tells us the weather will not affect Galu's performance in the upcoming challenge. Considering they're going up against Foa Foa that's an easy call.
11) KELLY (9,9,7T) - I can't remember a season where by Ep. 5 a castaway continues to be non-existent.
12) MONICA (10,12,12) - Yippe, Yippe...I have a pillow and a palm-woven mat. Boo-Hoo...I wish we had the tarp. We all saw THAT coming from miles away. I've heard bad weather blamed for many things, but to not greet or welcome back someone because it's raining too hard??? That being said, the only way I would date this hott chick is if we were living in a desert.
13) JAISON (15,8,1) - Too bad there's no reward challenge with cheese...it would go well with Jaison's "whine." Not sure if his tribemates already knew but to inform all at TC that you were a collegian water polo player while playing the game "Survivor" with potential water challenges down the road is not the smartest tactic you could have employed at this juncture of the game. Although it may not matter if the elements get to him first.
14) RUSSELL S. (6,3,6) - Dropping ya down, "Chief." Using the lost chicken as a reason to send Shambo over to Foa Foa bordered between lame and spineless. Man up and tell her the real reason. His ineptness with the fire made him look like a horse's a$$. Fortunately his hunger took precident over his stubborness and allowed Dave to get the fire started.
BOOTED) ASHLEY (5,7,10) - You lost the RC for your tribe, and failed miserably tossing coconuts in an IC defeat. She only has herself to blame for her season coming to an end, but her parting words were classy.