The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rich on Early show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-27-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rich on Early show"
from FEVER:
Harry Smith: He was the game's original champion but last night on Survivor: All-Stars, Richard Hatch, the often arrogant, often naked, the King of the Islands was forced into exile.

<video clip of Colby and Ethan plotting to vote off Richard>

HS: The slow motion exit, *laughs* Richard how are you? Good morning.
Rich: I'm good Harry. It had to happen.

HS: When we heard about the Ethan business with Colby last night. My family said, Richard is gonna rule, he's gonna overcome this. Was it too late, did you just not know it was coming.
Rich: I was right with you. I was gonna win it. I thought Ethan was out of there. I had an inkling talking to Colby in the water that he wasn't being quite as honest as I thought he was, it wasn't coming across as true. I thought Kathy would go with it.

HS: I thought so too, thought the women for sure would side would you.
Rich: I don't know anything about what happens but they'll pay for not listening to me, I'll bet.

HS: Do you feel like you were playing well this game?
Rich: I don't feel like I played as well as the first game. It was very, very tough. People will have no idea how difficult this actual game was. Physically it was exhausting, two weeks in felt like six weeks. It was unbelievable. I was irritable and all sorts of things.

HS: It seemed like your approach, being a provider, is always a good role to play...sort of the laid back, lazy....
Rich: Lazy??? I had a plan Harry. I always have a plan.

HS: That was part of your philosophy, your strategy?
Rich: People think of me as cocky, arrogant. I came into that game, even though I knew these people with their impression of me being that, being negative. I had to do some things to made it seem as as I am kind of a difficult arrogant cocky person... try as I might. Otherwise they might think I have something up my sleeve.

HS: This time, almost every single scene you're in...there was a big dot...I threatened to give you a beach ball this morning... we were afraid you'd come here without clothes. Did you play this same way the first time?
Rich: I did. They didn't show it until about half way through on my birthday. I think they thought I was so arrogant I was gone early they didn't need footage of me. But then decided... hey that fat naked guy is still here, get some footage

HS: Was that part of the strategy, the nakedness.
Rich: The original strategy was that it was 110 degrees, so I was comfortable without clothes. I thought, who's going to film it and they'll never show it, so I'll get lots of private time. Which I did. But then this game the strategy was a little different. If I changed they would wonder what was up with me.

HS: Chapera bid farewell to the game's first millionaire. We saw you without clothes a lot last night. What happened to you and Sue during that challenge? Where you were coming together and Sue just... what went on there?
Rich: That challenge was a crazy king of challenge... hard to stay on the beam there... I wore my pants for the first time I think in any of the challenges...it didn't matter, I didn't see any advantages. But my teammates said...get 'em off, get 'em off... that'll distract people. So after I got wet, I took them off. We were just going along, I was doing my thing. For some reason she just turned around and came back toward me. I have no idea what happened.

HS: Wow, it seems like that will have some sort of repercussions, we'll have to tune in next week to see what is up with that.
Rich:

HS: One of the other great moments in the show this year, was while you were out there fishing and this shark comes and gets connected to your shirt. Do you still have the scar?
Rich: His the scar, and here's the shark.
*points to shark tattoo*

He was locked on here for about half and hour. I bit him back and he wouldn't let go. So I wanted to remember him.

HS: Did he taste good?
Rich: He was great, he was delicious. He was chunky and full of meat, we loved it.

HS: Early on former winners were getting knocked off. That's slowed down. Is it possible a former winner can win?
Rich: Absolutely. You know it's a game. Fair... people have been saying is it fair...it's a game and it's a little different from the earlier games because everyone knows each other. If I were smarter I could have done better. I fault myself for where I ended up.

HS: Do you think that because you won before that you were maybe not as hungry as everyone else.
Rich: Possibly. I thought I was hungry. But while I was out there, I was hurting. I was hurting. I thought to myself come on you ignored all this the last time... maybe I was less hungry than I needed to be to really focus. It was exhausting. Exhausting.

HS: You were the first champion. Sort of the model of what a Survivor player is supposed to be, what is it like to lose.
Rich: The original winner, I'll always be like that. What's it like to lose? Hey it's a game. It was fun... you know I stood up at TC and said "hey I've been bamboozled". I went to that TC knowing Ethan was going. We don't want him sitting in the background.

HS: Did you have any 2nd thoughts when they came to you and said hey come play this game again... did you say, I've been there done that or were you enthusiastic.
Rich: Very enthusiastic. But what was I thinking. How am I going to do it? I knew I had a huge target on my back but I went with all of my energy. Thinking... you never know

HS: There were some rumors that you were playing hard to get, holding out for more money...
Rich: We all have managers now, and agents, representation... so there was some negotiating that went on.

HS: You look very happy. Life is good?
Rich: Life is great. I am so in love. I'm a happy man.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rich on Early show volsfan 02-27-04 1
   RE: Rich on Early show Brownroach 02-27-04 2
       RE: Rich on Early show volsfan 02-27-04 3
   RE: Rich on Early show wendyp 02-27-04 4
       RE: Rich on Early show Loree 02-27-04 5
       RE: Rich on Early show FSUGUY 02-27-04 6
       RE: Rich on Early show SurvivorBlows 02-27-04 7
   RE: Rich on Early show ADKer 02-27-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rich on Early show"
I thought it was interesting that he said twice the he thought Ethan was out of there. So, either we were shown editing out of place by the women (debating on Colby) or Richard had no clue of the women plotting.

Also, he said he did not know what happens but they would pay for getting rid of him...hhhhmmmm

Harry really didn't let Richard respond about the "bumping" with Sue! Interesting...

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rich on Early show"
volsfan, I think Rich's thoughts just got jumbled when he was talking -- the original plan was to take out Ethan, but by the time of TC, Rich was sure Colby was going -- I mean, he voted for Colby, not Ethan.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rich on Early show"
I think your prolly right BR, I just thought it was funny that he mentioned it twice. I think he mentioned it the second time during the second portion of the interview. Which, usually they take phone calls and didn't mention taking them today!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rich on Early show"
I thought it was interesting about the comment about they will probably pay for not listening to me. . . .if we believe some of the spoilers, kathy and Shi ann out last most of their tribe so I do not see how they would probably pay. Unless he thinks he would have helped them win more challenges.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rich on Early show"
I think Rich's "they'll pay" remark is aimed at the fact that no Mogo Mogo makes the final 4. He probably loves to think the tribe fell apart after losing him and gets defeated by Chapera. Maybe he thinks they starved without him and got weak and beaten.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-27-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rich on Early show"
could relate to MOGO MOGO losing challenges because he's gone.
After Sue, it looks like, per SNN, Ethan,colby and jerri don't last long.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rich on Early show"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

I found the "will pay" comment interesting as well... maybe it means Colby leads the tribe down the path to failure... it would explain the supposed spoilers that the final folks left are Chapera folks.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rich on Early show"
On MarcoPolo's insider transcript, there is an indication that Rich went after Lex, which was a poor decision. He might have had better success going after Ethan, rather than Lex or Colby. Ethan is also a past winner, and much more likely than Hatch to get some votes if he ever made it to the finals. The original plan was to pick Ethan and then get rid of him. In retrospect, Hatch probably knows that his best chance of staying would have been to argue the merits of the original plan. Lex is the best strategist other than Hatch, but the time was not right for going after Lex.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •