The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starting Over ratings..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shelby2000 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-05, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shelby2000 Click to send private message to shelby2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starting Over ratings..."
Here is part of an article about SO's ratings. The article refers to its rating since Sept. 12th, but SO didn't air until Sept.19th. If you would like to read the entire article here is the link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117931411?categoryid=1275&cs=1

One example of a departure from the general run of yakkers, gavelers and gamers is "Starting Over," from NBC U and Bunim-Murray, a one-hour reality soap that places a group of distressed women and licensed therapists into a Los Angeles mansion and monitors their interactions.

"Starting Over," entering its third year, is averaging only a 1.0 rating since Sept. 12, but it costs so little and is so saturated with lucrative product placements that NBC U could make a strong case for bringing it back for a fourth season, and charging stations a lot less in license fees than for a celeb-hosted talker.

But if a marginal show like "Starting Over" winds up on the air in 2006-07 and "Martha," "Judge Alex" and "Tyra" settle in at renewal-friendly Nielsens, next season could wind up a repeat of 2005-06.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starting Over ratings... AshLanie 11-20-05 1
 RE: Starting Over ratings... Kelliedn 11-20-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-20-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Starting Over ratings..."
Interesting and thanks.

Licensed therapists? chuckling, the writer has that wrong,,,only one in the house and he isn't even shown all that much this season.

Niether Rhonda (degree in Marketing) nor IV (an attorney) are licensed in anything but those two degrees.

I can believe the ratings....this seasons shows bite big time.....they keep coming up with new problems that these ladies have, ladies who don't complete asaignments, ladies who sit around and backstab one another, and the icing on the cake:

Giving the whole house a C yet making it a B so Christine, who receives a personal C doesn't have to go home.

What bonefide experts have they had on the show this season? Ones they have had have been second rate at best.....Karrin as a role model? chuckling

Yep, I can believe that the ratings are waaaay down.

Kelliedn 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-20-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelliedn Click to send private message to Kelliedn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Starting Over ratings..."
Okay, maybe I'm wrong here, but the article seemed to be talking about the syndicated shows. Those would be the shows that are from seasons 1 and 2 that are showing on other channels. It was a little confusing, but if they are talking about syndicated shows, I would think that for the most part only people who are just learning about Starting Over and wondered what happened previously would be watching them, hence a low rating.

I am sure that this seasons ratings are lower than before, but I'm not sure that is what the article is talking about.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •