The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-17-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
Welcome everyone to the new Not So Move of the Week. Since magic_star is apparently gone, I have decided to fill in. Maybe magic_star will come back here soon, I hope.

For those of you unfamiliar with Not So Move of the Week, each week, I will list mistakes made by the teams in each episode. We will vote on them to decide which one was the biggest Not So move of the Week. The one that is chosen will move on to the season-ending vote where we will decide what was the Not So Move of the Season. Get it, got it, good.

So without further adieu, here are the choices:

1. Dennis/Erika buy tickets for the slower flight and also buy tickets for two other teams. This starts an argument between them and teams waiting to get on that flight, which probably caused them to make the mistake with the cabs.

2. Brandon/Nicole decide to walk to the ferries to Gorriti Island. They end up on the last ferry back to the mainland even though they were on the first flight to Uruguay.

3. Charla/Mirna have trouble with carrying the beef to the butcher shop. They also go four blocks past the butcher shop. They go from 1st to 5th.

4. Dennis/Erika let Colin/Christie take a taxi before they do, which puts them in last place. They never recover from it and are eliminated.

5. Chip/Kim and Kami/Karli do the Chips detour but didn’t pick up the clue for it. They go ahead to the pit stop but have to go back and get the clue to finish. Instead of being the first two teams, they end up finishing 8th and 9th respectively.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #4 clemsonbeav 07-17-04 1
 5 strid333 07-17-04 2
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Violet Nyte 07-17-04 3
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... dizmara 07-17-04 4
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... qwertypie 07-17-04 5
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... StarryLuna 07-17-04 6
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... PepeLePew13 07-18-04 7
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... jack_bauer 07-18-04 8
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ssshaw 07-19-04 9
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... dajaki 07-19-04 10
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... seahorse 07-19-04 11
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... MsShel330 07-19-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-17-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#4"
Duh.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-17-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "5"
Dropping from 1st and 2nd to 2nd and 3rd last is pretty bad.

Three is the perfect number.

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-17-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4 - This is a race, not a popularity contest!

dizmara 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-17-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dizmara Click to send private message to dizmara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4 (although the others were pretty bone-headed too)
What part of RACE doesn't Dennis understand? It's a RACE -- it's not like a jury is going to vote and award the million bucks.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-17-04, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
Thanks for stepping in, ssshaw!

Think this is an easy one, too. It's a race, not a competition to see who's the most polite one. Dumbasses.

>4. Dennis/Erika let Colin/Christie take a
>taxi before they do, which
>puts them in last place.
>They never recover from
>it and are eliminated.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

jack_bauer 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-18-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jack_bauer Click to send private message to jack_bauer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
In order of increasing stupidity:

3. Charla/Mirna have trouble with carrying the beef to the butcher shop. They also go four blocks past the butcher shop. They go from 1st to 5th.
To me, this was not any worse than the twins and Jim/Marsha passing by the dock route marker about 746 times, and I don't think it cost them any more time. Plus, it was great comic relief!

2. Brandon/Nicole decide to walk to the ferries to Gorriti Island. They end up on the last ferry back to the mainland even though they were on the first flight to Uruguay.
A dangerous mistake, and Brandon should have known better. Time is almost always more valuable than money on the Race, and the eliminated team on leg one always comes from the last charter ferry/bus/plane, although the order of finish this time shuffled significantly when compared to the first legs of both AR3 & AR4.

1. Dennis/Erika buy tickets for the slower flight and also buy tickets for two other teams. This starts an argument between them and teams waiting to get on that flight, which probably caused them to make the mistake with the cabs.
The holding up the other teams wasn't the real mistake, it was buying the tickets without checking the arrival times. Equally stupid as Dennis/Erika here were Marshall/Lance, Colin/Christie, and Chip/Kim for causing a ruckus and then looking like idiots when they got their way and still wound up on the slower flight.

5. Chip/Kim and Kami/Karli do the Chips detour but didn’t pick up the clue for it. They go ahead to the pit stop but have to go back and get the clue to finish. Instead of being the first two teams, they end up finishing 8th and 9th respectively.
Just sheer blind luck that this didn't turn out to be deadly. What if the Pit Stop had been 50 miles away? But the impact is somewhat lessened when more than one team makes the same mistake.

And the winner is:
4. Dennis/Erika let Colin/Christie take a taxi before they do, which puts them in last place. They never recover from it and are eliminated.
Ordinarily not such a huge deal. I mean, I at least give the guy credit for trying to be nice instead of a jerk. But what clinched it for me was Dennis saying, "We're not in last place," while tumbleweeds roll by on the street. No other teams around. What were you thinking?

Thanks to ssshaw for starting this up again!

-jack_bauer

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
I will post the results tomorrow morning, so hurry up and get your votes in.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-19-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4 - Dennis in denial, after he handed C&C the opportunity to literally leave them in the dust, was just plain sad.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4 slam dunk, no contest.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 1"
#4, they proved that nice guys do finish last.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •