Forget the blindsides; this has to go down as the season with the most castaways who had NO idea they were being saved. Generally I got my insulin ready when I know the "Loved Ones" episode is being aired. But I kinda dug this one. Sure there were a few sappy moments, but as a result of Benji's "honesty" back at home we got our first look at the new head coach for the Southwest Baptist Unversity women's soccer team.
1) STEPHEN (1,1,3,2,2,3,3,4,3) - DUH, who else? Slow and steady wins the race. I'm going to agree with Michel if Stephen can pull off a win this season, I'd rank him as one of the best Survivor players.
2) JT (3,3,2,3,7,4,6,6,1) - What a formidable partnership he's formed with Stephen. If both JT and Stephen feel they can beat each other in the Finals, it would go down as the best F2 ever. I can only hope.
EDDIE GEORGE - OK, I know he's not a player. That's why he has no ranking number, but I had to put him higher than the other Bozos left in the game. His commentaries enhanced the episode. And if "fetal position" Erinn was allowed to accompany the George's on EI, perhaps she could have picked up a few pointers on starting a fire quickly from a guy who was only in the game for a couple hours.
3) TAJ (5,6,4,5,5,2,2,5,4) - I'm trying real hard to wrap my mind around this...the way I saw it Taj had two choices. A) Have Eddie come back to camp where the likes of JT and Coach would have been starstruck rubbing shoulders with a pro football superstar and millionaire only reinforcing Taj does not need the money. A bad situation made worse by preventing the others from seeing their loved ones, or B) Husband and wife spend quality time together. Granted EI is no paradise getaway, but it would make more sense for spouses to have alone time AND the other players get to be with their loved ones. Golly Gee Production...could you have made the decision any easier for Taj???
But the reason I'm moving her up is she provided a classic scene that may result in Jeff needing rotator cuff surgery when she darn near yanked his left shoulder out of its socket.
4) BENJI (2,4,6,8,8,9,9,11,9) - Is there anything more we can say about this anomaly? Got a kick out of Jeff asking him at TC who calls him "Dragonslayer?" Of course the only reply Benji provides can be interpreted that he continues to live vicariously through himself. If he does not win immunity next episode, I can't see him making the F4.
5) ERINN (6,5,7,9,10T,10,11,12,11) - Her "story" AKA prophecy continues to be told. In all likelihood she'll join a long list of lame F4 advancers. Not the least bit surprising; only disappointing.
BOOTED) DEBBIE (4,2,5,6,6,8,7,13,14) - OK, so she overplayed her hand. But she was astute enough to know Taj is being carried by Stephen and JT. IMHO I feel her F3 promise was not so much to throw Coach under the bus as it was to toss Taj off Steve and JT's coattails and take her place. But it really doesn't matter much now. Kudos for exiting with class.
SIERRA - Her obnoxious and annoying behavior at TC should leave absolutely NO doubt why Stephen and JT spearheaded her boot last episode.
TYSON - This dude is chomping on the bit so hard I'm afraid he may swallow his tougue. We wouldn't want that to happen because I expect fireworks from him at FTC.
BRANDON - Is there a cannister of laughing gas back at the Ponderosa that "Mr. Giggles" sucks on right before he comes to every TC???