The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FOX is greedy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rulesr4losers 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FOX is greedy"
Why have a half hour show that you could do in half a minute? Yes, I watched last nights episode and was shocked and appalled at all the commercials and Ryans ramblings.
I watched Tuesdays episode and didn't need a recap of EVERYTHING that happened, as it was still fresh on my mind.
A. Ryan doesn't need to remind us of what every judge said about every contestant. We all remember.
B. Showing how close the vote between 1st and 2nd served no purpose, except for space filler.
C. Asking the brothers who got more votes AFTER they knew they weren't in the top 3 was pointless. They didn't care and neither did anyone else.
D. I wasn't on the edge of my seat as they kept going to commercial break wondering who would move on.
Why do they pick three people???? The one who isn't chosen feels bad.
Then they had Matt and Camille sing and they were MUCH worse than I remember.
Next week I won't waste a half hour of my life watching American Idol.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FOX is greedy ginger 02-19-04 1
 RE: FOX is greedy StarryLuna 02-19-04 2
 RE: FOX is greedy Fishercat 02-19-04 3
   RE: FOX is greedy rulesr4losers 02-20-04 8
 What would you have them do? anotherkim 02-20-04 4
   Here is what I do Katiepops 02-20-04 5
       RE: Here is what I do Ricky 02-20-04 6
   RE: What would you have them do? rulesr4losers 02-20-04 9
 Laissez Faire... ElroyJetson 02-20-04 7
 RE: FOX is greedy lyrker 02-23-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FOX is greedy"
I once timed it and I think I got 18 minutes of actual show, the rest of the hour commercials.

I was thinking that, as an alternative drawing-out-before-the-next-commercial, it would be kind of fun to see fast clips of previous season (like the first time Kelly moved forward from her initial group, or Clay, etc.). Since they're padding the heck out of the show anyway...

Ever see Mad TV's version?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-19-04, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FOX is greedy"
Rules, I'm confused. I was under the impression that you're a fan of American Idol. So Wednesday's episode shocked and appalled you? The Wednesday night show is always like this. It gets a little more interesting once we're down to the final 12 and the real competition starts. On those Wednesdays, they show clips of the kids rehearsing, attending various events, hanging out in the house they rent for them, going on photo shoots and stuff like that. I tuned in for the last 15 minutes of AI last night just to see who moved on but I was mostly flipping back and forth to other channels.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FOX is greedy"
Really though, what can you expect them to do. Announcing it at the beginning of next week pre-performance would take away a lot of the excitement and freshness of the next week's contestants. Having a 5 minute short would throw off the schedule (Unless they showed an episode of the Simpsons/Seinfeld/whatever to fill in the other 25 minutes, which is a massive waste of money).

This is the only realistic option in communicating clearly the winners while maximizing realistic time.

02-20-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: FOX is greedy"
>Having a 5
>minute short would throw off
>the schedule

5 minute????? It would only take at the most 30 seconds to announce the 1st and second place people that are going to move on. I don't need a recap and I don't need to see them sing the same song all over again. Its like watching the same show 2 straight days. How lame is that? Totally!

I'll just find out the results from the people I work with the next morning. ;o)

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-04, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What would you have them do?"
announce the winners at the beginning of the next week?

They're not greedy--they're savvy. They know that they have a lock on XXX number of viewers for that block of time. They have to announce the winners and they have to fill the 30 minutes, so they do. I find it incredibly annoying, so I flip back and forth, but I don't think that makes them greedy. Plus, it helps those who didn't see the previous episode get an idea of what happened.

As for the singers' feelings? They signed on for this. They are getting the chance of a lifetime, but in return, they have to be able to take the bad with the good. If they are under any delusions about how bad the comments or pressure can be, then they had no business being there in the first place.

--just my opinion

Katiepops 99 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Katiepops Click to send private message to Katiepops Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Here is what I do"
I always tape the results show and then watch it after it goes off and fast forward through those commercials and the Ryan (and we will have those results after a commercial break) Seacrest.
I can literally watch the show in 8 minutes. That includes fast forwarding through highlights of the previous nights shows. I don't have to hear them again. I just wanna know who is through.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-20-04, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here is what I do"
I'm going to do that too from now on. I do enjoy the show, but just 8 minutes of it in total - like you mentioned.

02-20-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What would you have them do?"
As for the singers' feelings? They signed on for this.

That part I agree with. I could care less who finishes in THIRD place out of a group of eight. Exactly what purpose does it serve?

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-20-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Laissez Faire..."
...at its best. Boring or not, why change a show that kicks butt against its competition? We all watched it and we'll probably watch it next week.

That being said, they could attempt to make it more entertaining. Maybe have the 8 contestants perform a group number or something. I like the idea of a "Best of Idol Moment" someone suggested earlier.

wishes he had TiVo

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-23-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: FOX is greedy"
FOX is the reduced, refined byproduct of extensively tested consumer marketing. They know to the exact second how much advertising the Average Joe will sit through and just how long they can milk flopped drama. Even the network's shows realize and make fun of this.

C. Asking the brothers who got more votes AFTER they knew they weren't in the top 3 was pointless. They didn't care and neither did anyone else.

Still with the milking thing, though this 'subplot' was a dead horse long before the brothers got this far. Blecch. They so should not have rubbed it in.

Why do they pick three people????

To draw out the suspense, tack ten more minutes onto the show and otherwise keep the viewer tuned in to their station till the last possible second.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •