The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E5 Reward Challenge..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-04, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E5 Reward Challenge..."
I noticed we don't have a thread devoted to this. There's been lots of discussion, but it's scattered around.

Here are the vidcaps that I know of:

---
UDG

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I'll start... udg 02-24-04 1
   RE: I'll start... speedyforme 02-24-04 2
   RE: I'll start... wendyp 02-24-04 5
       RE: I'll start... PhillyBrat 02-24-04 6
   RE: I'll start... Blow by Blow 02-24-04 8
   RE: Ethan's Smile spacey 02-24-04 9
       RE: Ethan's Smile MourC 02-24-04 12
           RE: Ethan's Smile Scarlett O Hara 02-24-04 14
       RE: Ethan's Smile robindobindoodledoo 02-24-04 21
 RE: E5 Reward Challenge... volsfan 02-24-04 3
   RE: E5 Reward Challenge... udg 02-24-04 4
   Check it now. (nt) udg 02-24-04 7
 Shouldn't Shii Ann have to particip... sylvester 02-24-04 10
   RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Brownroach 02-24-04 11
       RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Scarlett O Hara 02-24-04 13
           RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Brownroach 02-24-04 15
               RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... sylvester 02-24-04 16
               RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Loquatrix 02-24-04 17
                   RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... katethegreat 02-25-04 24
               RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Get Bent 02-24-04 18
                   RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Scarlett O Hara 02-24-04 20
                       RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... Get Bent 02-24-04 22
               Reward Challenge Summary Scarlett O Hara 02-24-04 19
               RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to part... thetick 02-25-04 23
 RE: E5 Reward Challenge... yensid 02-25-04 25
   RE: E5 Reward Challenge... Scarlett O Hara 02-26-04 26
       RE: E5 Reward Challenge... Flowerpower 02-26-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-24-04, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I'll start..."
I haven't seen mentioned yet the fact that we have people apparently WALKING to a RC that involves a tribe-built raft. If this really is Saboga walking to the challenge

then how does their raft get there? One possible scenario would be if they came to the RC, got instructions, then were sent back to camp to make the rafts.

We also have some strange pictures with Ethan smiling (in the middle of a physical challenge?)

Finally, I don't see oars in the bundles of materials they're given, and we have two pictures of people running with oars. What the heck is up with that?

---
UDG

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'll start..."
i can see Alicia running but i dont see Ethan running, he looks like he is on the raft still paddling...

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-24-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'll start..."
The Ethan smile.... I can see ethan sand bagging so that his team loses. He will want to be on one of the other teams where he is not the next target. I am sure he would prefer MM since they also have Richard another winner.

Maybe they have to swim out and get the paddles before they can start rowing their boats.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'll start..."
>The Ethan smile.... I can see
>ethan sand bagging so that
>his team loses. He
>will want to be on
>one of the other teams
>where he is not the
>next target. I am
>sure he would prefer MM
>since they also have Richard
>another winner.

This also works in other ways for Ethan.. GET Richard on his team so that he (Ethan) won't be the next one to go.

-=Bratz=-

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I'll start..."
I'm certain the challenge set-up will be like this:

1. Treemail - a note explaining what to do and a bundle of poles and rope.
2. Take a boat to the RC, just like they do every week. The boats also bring the rafts. (They're on separate islands, y'know.)
3. Run the challenge. Retrieving oars is probably part of the challenge (like they're on a platform out in the water or hidden in the jungle).

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ethan's Smile"
Ethan's smile caught my attention too. It looks to me like Ethan, Rupert and Lex are all paddling on the same raft and seem to be relaxed as if the challenge is over. It also looks to me like the buff on Lex's arm is yellow although it is hard to make out.

I think Mogo Mogo lost the RC and Lex ended up on Saboga and they are paddling back to their beach. Although I could be wrong.

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-24-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MourC Click to send private message to MourC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ethan's Smile"
if your referring to this pic

then the buff is defenitly green

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ethan's Smile"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

Maybe Ethan is smiling because this is AFTER the reward challenge and he and Rupert are now going home as part of the Mogo Mogo tribe. . . These three do not look like they are in the midst of a physical challenge, but rather, they seem like they are out for a leisurely cruise.

Scarlett

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robindobindoodledoo Click to send private message to robindobindoodledoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ethan's Smile"
It appears to me that Lex is not on the same raft as Rupert & Ethan. He is on his Mogo Mogo's raft. All 3 rafts are very close to each other as we can see in the vidcaps.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E5 Reward Challenge..."
udg, I can get only three of the pics to show. I get the little red x!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

02-24-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: E5 Reward Challenge..."

I pulled them from this thread. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4839.shtml They're not working there now, either.

---
UDG

02-24-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
7. "Check it now. (nt)"
---
UDG

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-24-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"

Hi, I'm a first time poster! Just found this board a few days ago, have really enjoyed catching up on the posts.

Maybe I'm not understanding the rules in Survivor, but since Shii Ann sat out the last challenge (puzzle for Immunity last episode), shouldn't she have to participate in the reward challenge?

I thought a contestant couldn't sit out back to back challenges?

Is it possible Mogo Mogo screws up and is later disqualified? Could that be where the "triumphant party is short lived" quote on the CBS website is coming from?

What do you think?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

I thought a contestant couldn't sit out back to back challenges?

Krautboy started a thread to discuss this very topic
here.

Shii Ann sitting out this week's RC would seem to confirm that the no back-to-back sit-outs rule applies only to the RC and IC in each three-day cycle.

02-24-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

That's right BR -- Shii can sit out the first challenge now, but will have to participate in the next challenge -- the IC.

Let's see if we can come to some conclusions about winners and losers on this thread. It would be nice to finally commit to something here friends!

Let's start with what we know . . . First, we are told by Jiffy that the Reward Challenge loser tribe will be dissolved. We think it is Sabago that loses the Reward Challenge because we see Jenna L. competing against Richard at the IC and we see Ethan competing against Rob there as well. This must mean that Jenna L. is now with the Chaperas and Lex is with the Mogos.

Now . . . any other speculation about the RC outcome? Will Rupert go home as a Chapera OR a MogoMogo???

Scarlett

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
Here's a simplistic take on it :

Richard battling Jenna in IC = Jenna goes to Chapera

Ethan battling Rob in IC = Ethan goes to Mogo Mogo

Battle for the title of "King Neptune" = Rupert also goes to Mogo Mogo

Since Rupert and Ethan go to the same tribe, I'd guess that Mogo Mogo got first dibs on picking up Sabogas and picked the two strongest dudes. Ergo, Mogo Mogo wins RC, Chapera comes in second (and winds up win Jenna and Jerri).

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
I agree with BR, Mogo Mogo wins RC and gets Ethan and Rupert, either by choosing the strongest by virtue of winning or by getting lucky in a draw.

I think the pic of Ethan, Rupert & Lex paddling looks like they're all 3 on the same raft, ie, on the same tribe and are paddling around either wasting time, fishing, whatever. Ethan is smiling, Rupert has his leg dangling in the water (something you wouldn't do I think if you were trying to win a race), and Lex and Rupert's strokes are synchronized.

The close up pic of Rupert's face with sand in the background shows him very unhappy/nervous, and all sweaty like he just finished the challenge. Saboga loses the RC.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
>Since Rupert and Ethan go to
>the same tribe, I'd guess
>that Mogo Mogo got first
>dibs on picking up Sabogas
>and picked the two strongest
>dudes. Ergo, Mogo Mogo
>wins RC, Chapera comes in
>second (and winds up win
>Jenna and Jerri).

Hmm, would Mogo and Chapera not choose in turn, though, rather than the winner take 2 picks and the second-place tribe take the remaining two players?

Having the pick order go Mogo-Chapera-Mogo-Chapera would seem more equitable overall than allowing the winning team to take the two obvious choices while physical competition is still the key issue (the men).

Not that "fairness" is necessarily the top priority for MB, of course. ;)

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
I, too, think they would pick in turns. So if Mogo Mogo wins and picks Rupert first, is it possible that Chapera doesn't pick Ethan, because Rob doesn't like him? That's one way both Saboga guys could end up on Mogo Mogo.

which we are not sure of, since Rupert could be on Chapera . . .

I guess the "two men go head to head" (whatever!) implies to most that Richard and Rupert end up on the same tribe? Plus Rupert's "I knew I could beat him".

I agree that MB shouldn't let one tribe just pick two in a row. And the RC winner should get a pick, somehow, as a winner. Rahter than a random drawing, let's say.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
Brownroach,

I respect your opinion quite a bit, so I need to know. Why is everyone so sure that Saboga loses? The buff colors at the IC? Or the early spoiler that Chapera and Mogo Mogo camps are used for the first merge? Both? Anything else?

With the people we have seen paired off, it doesn't confirm which tribe gets disolved. The three colored flags at the IC shows me that the buff colors may not mean anything if they all keep their buffs regardless. And in past seasons, the camps were spoiled, but some were incorrect.

Rich vs. Jenna
Rob vs. Ethan

Mogo Mogo could be disolved which would allow for Rich to join Rupert on Saboga for "Fish Off 2003".

Also, not confirmed analysis, but Tom is seen coming from the Left, and so is Shi Ann. Tom is seen battling what looks like Lex. So, We would have Shi Ann on Chapera 2, and Lex on Saboga 2, along with Rich. Colby on Chapera 2 as they pick a dude, and Kathy would finish off Saboga 2 to get them to 7. This would also have Rich vs Colby in a challenge next week which could be the "twig and berries" incident.

And one thing keeps nagging at me. MB loves Rupert, knows America loves Rupert. Why would he advertise a possible redemption if Rupert fails so miserably that he tribe is disolved? He just wouldn't sell or edit the show that way I would think.

Anyway, I am hoping BR can say something to convince me that Saboga loses the RC, so I don't get slammed in the SNN Fantasy league this week (I'm out of it anyway because I missed the first week, but you still like to do well!)

02-24-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 07:36 PM (EST)

Get Bent-
We got a good look at the raft that Sabogo built and a good look at the raft that Chapera built. Between the two, Chapera's looks far superior to Sagabo's and that may be because our man Rob M. is a builder! We also see Rupert on his raft and it is seriously weighted down into the water. However, MB does not show us the raft that Mogo Mogo built except for a distant aerial view. It appears to look pretty good from the air with the two pontoons fairly close together.

Sabogo's crew consists of Rupert, Ethan, Jerri and Jenna L.
Mogo's crew consists of Richard, Colby, Lex and Kathy.
Chapera's crew consists of Rob M. and his harem - Alicia, Amber and Sue. I would say that Chapera's crew may be the lightest one weightwise and that could help with their speed in the water, but Mogo's crew would be the strongest.

We also see Ethan smiling in the vidcaps as well as vidcaps of Colby and Kathy smiling. We see Jerri's mouth drop as well and we see Lex, Ethan and Rupert out for a leisurely cruise together. None of us knows for sure, except maybe Snewser, cough, cough -- but this is our best guess -- Mogo wins the challenge and Sabogo is dissolved.

Good luck in your SNN Fantasy game!

Scarlett

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
Thanks Scarlett! I appreciate your reply! I think I will roll the dice and bet that Saboga does not come in last. You can laugh at me when the episode airs. I really do appreciate your input and detailed answer!

02-24-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
19. "Reward Challenge Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 07:39 PM (EST)

Now THAT's something I can take to the bank!! Thanks Brown Roach! Why don't you go over to the IC thread and do the same thing there -- they could use a to-the-point summation as well!

Scarlett

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Shouldn't Shii Ann have to participate in this one?"
I'd just mention that the King Neptune reference and the "two men battling for supremacy, who is the best for the tribe" reference do not preclude Rupert and Richard still being on different tribes. Rupert is perfectly capable of taking it upon himself to compete against Dicque's fishing prowess as exhibited in last ep. CBS is notoriously inexact in its web promo info.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: E5 Reward Challenge..."
As I mentioned in my post on the IC thread, I sometime freeze frame the Survivor commercials to see if I can see anything that you can't get from the pictures posted. Here is what I can see with the RC that I haven't seen mentioned. Feel free to pick it apart.

In the shot of Ethan, Rupert and Lex rowing, Rupert has a yellow buff on his right wrist and the oar he is using is yellow, Lex's appears to be green. Also, Rupert is sitting with his leg hanging into the water. Also, there doesn't appear to be anyone in front of Ethan or Rupert.

In the shot of Ethan alone, he clearly isn't wearing any buff. You can see both arms and enough of his head to tell that his hair is blowing freely. I am going to venture a guess to say that this is back at camp trying out the raft. He would have most definately worn his buff to a challenge. This can also explain his smile. Sort of a 'Yeah! This thing floats.'

In the shot of Chapera and Saboga tribes both rowing, you can see that Rupert is now sitting cross legged and is in back of Jerri. Ethan is behind Jenna and is sitting up on his knees. From this I am going to guess that the challenge starts with one or two people on the raft and they have rescue or pick up the other team members.

Also, I stated this on the IC thread, I am thinking that the picture of Jerri with her mouth open is not in reaction to Jeff's new twist announcement, but a reaction to the hit that Ethan takes later at the IC. They have to be expecting something to happen soon and would getting rid of one tribe really be that surprising.

Also, what if one tribe is dissolved, but that entire tribe joins the winners tribe. Just a thought.

02-26-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
26. "RE: E5 Reward Challenge..."
So . . . can we reach some sort of consensus about who wins reward? Will it be Mogo Mogo OR will it be Chapera?

Scarlett

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: E5 Reward Challenge..."
I too would like to put some closure on this Episode 5 reward challenge. We know that the strongest rowers in these groups are the Mogos. We know that the lightest crew of rowers in these group are Chapera. So the boat design is going to play a significant role. If Mogo wins, I'm speculating that they would first choose Rupert, then Chappy would choose perhaps one of the girls as I just cannot see Romber choosing Ethan, and then Mogo would get Ethan, and the other girl going to Chappy. Now if Chappy wins because they are strong (except Amber), they are the lightest crew, and they have the best boat design then I would guess that they would first pick the big guy, Rupert, then Mogo would choose Ethan, then Chappy would pick Jenna L. and Jerri would go to Mogo.

I'm going out on a limb here and betting on a Happy Chappy RC win. And I know they will be very happy with all the fish that is coming their way

Flowerpower

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •