The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another E! Online Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another E! Online Spoiler"
Found the link on SNN. We all know how incredibly accurate Kristin is, but here it is for discussion anyway:

Liars and Quitters and Backstabbers, Oh My!
Per usual, the rumors about Survivor: All-Stars are consummatin' faster than Amber and Boston Rob--and oh how they will consummate--so, I've done a little digging to get to the bottom of it all. The upside: Seems more and more members of the Survivor camp are feeling bitter these days, which means they're singing like I hear Big Tom does when a certain tough talkin' Betty gets the ol' heave-ho (word is the ditty is "Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead!" accompanied by a little jig). Whee!

Three Girls Are Better than One--Unless They're Voting Against You: Ladies, in case you thought you were the only ones with an affinity for Colby or Ethan, I bring you a little bubble-bursting scoop: They've turned into quite the lotharios (that's "playahs" to you hipstahs) since we first fell for them seasons ago. Word is, the Studvivors have each canoodled with at least a handful of their fellow Survivorettes, and in Ethan's case, said lovin' came back to bite him in his finely sculpted keister.

Turns out Ethan has dated not one, not two but three of his All-Star teammates: Amber, Jenna Lewis and Jenna Morasca (with whom he was paired when the current season began). And according to a few torch-toting sources, Ethan's relationships with Jenna Lewis (eight months) and Amber (much shorter) had what one might call an "overlap"--which the girls didn't know about until they bumped into each another at a party and compared notes. Ethan's M.O.--"No one needs to know"--officially classifies him as a dog, if you ask me. And pretty much explains why Jenna L. has it in for him, no?

Scandal! According to Survivor insiders, there is something "extremely controversial" coming up, an eye-popping scene that is extremely distressing to CBS in the wake of Nipplegate (thankyouverymuch, Janet & Justin) and the FCC's increasingly watchful eye.

---
UDG
Sprinkle liberally with SALT.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another E! Online Spoiler Witless 02-20-04 1
 Page 2 Silvergirl1 02-21-04 2
   RE: Page 2 shuiheart 02-23-04 3
       I think we got something here shakes the clown 02-24-04 5
           RE: I think we got something here dabo 02-24-04 7
           RE: I think we got something here tinybubs 02-24-04 8
           RE: I think we got something here Bebo 02-24-04 9
               RE: I think we got something here udg 02-24-04 13
                   RE: I think we got something here shuiheart 02-24-04 16
       RE: Page 2 Brownroach 02-24-04 14
           RE: Page 2 udg 02-24-04 15
   RE: Page 2 SurvivorBlows 02-24-04 10
 RE: Another E! Online Spoiler SurvivorBlows 02-23-04 4
   RE: Another E! Online Spoiler Markopolo100 02-24-04 6
 RE: Another E! Online Spoiler toddE 02-24-04 11
   RE: Another E! Online Spoiler ShowMeTheWinner 02-24-04 12
 Survivors's first 3-some esquire 02-24-04 17
 It just doesn't add up NightScribe 02-24-04 18
   SNN canadian article pmspml5 02-24-04 19
       RE: SNN canadian article abbahammer 02-24-04 21
       RE: SNN canadian article Brownroach 02-24-04 22
           RE: SNN canadian article Get Bent 02-24-04 24
               RE: SNN canadian article ebbycalvin 02-25-04 28
   RE: It just doesn't add up jkokoj 02-24-04 20
   why I believe Kristen/Wanda shakes the clown 02-25-04 27
       OMH! udg 02-25-04 33
 Who is supposedly outraged? Get Bent 02-24-04 23
   RE: Who is supposedly outraged? tinybubs 02-24-04 25
   RE: Who is supposedly outraged? udg 02-25-04 26
       RE: Who is supposedly outraged? Get Bent 02-25-04 29
           RE: Who is supposedly outraged? raidersfantom 02-25-04 31
           RE: Who is supposedly outraged? ivoryElephant 02-25-04 32
           RE: Who is supposedly outraged? udg 02-25-04 34
       RE: Who is supposedly outraged? Flowerpower 02-25-04 30
           RE: Who is supposedly outraged? ElroyJetson 02-25-04 35
               RE: Who is supposedly outraged? Loquatrix 02-25-04 36
                   RE: Who is supposedly outraged? Brownroach 02-25-04 37
                       RE: Who is supposedly outraged? Get Bent 02-25-04 38
   would Jerri Quit? mavsfan 02-26-04 39
 E!valuation udg 02-26-04 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another E! Online Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 07:51 PM (EST)

There is more to that article on the second page.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-04, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Page 2"

The rest of the story

"That is fact. Now here's the rumor: Richard Hatch does something so scandalous and inappropriate (presumably involving his twig-and-berries) it compels one of the other cast members to lash out at producers for not putting a stop to it--and to quit the game!

Just Said No: Though Mark Burnett contends that only two Survivors--Elizabeth and Colleen--declined invitations to participate in Survivor: All-Stars, I'm told that number is much higher, including Neleh (Survivor: Marquesas) and Christy (Survivor: The Amazon), who backed out after making it into the final cast lineup. Christy's slot initially went to standby Kelly Goldsmith (Survivor: Africa), but at the 11th hour, producers decided they needed someone to represent season five and opted for Shii Ann. Kelly was pulled from the show the day before her flight.

Editing Inventions: Hold on to your tiki torches, tubers, because two of the least liked contestants of All-Stars are...Ethan and Rupert?! You heard me cluckin', big chicken. According to insiders, Rupert is more bear than the teddy bear, and according to one torch-toting source, Ethan was the dubbed the Survivor diva by his peers, as he complained nonstop and threw temper tantrums over the bleak conditions. (Wait, isn't that what Survivor is supposed to be?)

Behind Behind the Scenes: Seems there might be some tension between Burnett and the Peeper Net (CBS). At last month's TCA panel session with Burnett and Jeff Probst, Burnett hinted at frustration that CBS has not yet picked up the show for more seasons, and when a reporter asked if this could be the final Survivor, he said, "I don't know...Maybe a great way to end is the All-Stars."

Sound like a bit of a threat? Clearly, CBS does not want to let Survivor go--it's still ranking high in the Nielsens. And that may have been the topic of the heated conversation between Burnett and Les Moonves we reporter types spied moments after the TCA panel session.

It probably didn't help that Burnett snubbed CBS when it came to finding a home for The Apprentice."

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

shuiheart 95 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shuiheart Click to send private message to shuiheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Page 2"
I attended Kristin's chat this week (she has some good scoops on other shows, occasionally).

Looks like Mr. Hatch participates in a challenge sans kilt, and his "twigs and berries" rubbed up against a certain lady. Apparently at the NEXT challenge (reward or immunity, I don't remember) she brings up the issue, gets very upset and quits the game.

no indication as to who that "lucky lady" is...

Kristin isn't very reliable with things like boots (she hints at Jerri going this week), but often gets rumors and gossip half way right. Of course her source is often boards like these...

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I think we got something here"
>I attended Kristin's chat this week
>(she has some good scoops
>on other shows, occasionally).
>
>Looks like Mr. Hatch participates in
>a challenge sans kilt, and
>his "twigs and berries" rubbed
>up against a certain lady.
> Apparently at the NEXT
>challenge (reward or immunity, I
>don't remember) she brings up
>the issue, gets very upset
>and quits the game.
>
>no indication as to who that
>"lucky lady" is...
>

....don't let this thresd slip too far, this might end up being an important spoiler. Anyone else in the chat as well...I'd love to get a second confirmation on the exact quote. Do they have transcripts of her chat online?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I think we got something here"
Isn't Little Richard supposed to be eenie?

Who would go Ghandia in this cast? JennaL? Jerri? ShiiAnn?

Richard's time-to-say-bye-bye confessional seems clearly pre-TC not post-quitter.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-24-04, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I think we got something here"

Shakes, I have to agree with you about keeping that part of her article in mind. Something struck me in the gut as this being important. I've heard both parts of Hatch being outrageous and someone quitting, but I hadn't heard the two part put together like this. It just rings true to me. Might guess would be that Jerri is the one to get upset and quit, but that would only be a wag.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I think we got something here"
Do they have transcripts of her chat online?

Here's the link:
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Trans/Archive2004/040223c.html

And all the pieces pertaining to ASS:

From thewanderingstar: Can you give us any Survivor: All-Stars hints about who gets booted this week?

She comes from the land Down Under--and along with Big Tom she'd be a really neat cartoon!

From bcpeterson: What's up with Survivor Richard's "twigs and berries"? Ewww isn't even gonna cover it, is it?

Ewww definitely didn't cover it for the contestant who quit because his twig and berries made her uncomfortable. Make sure you read this week's column if you haven't yet, but just to expand: I hear that the scandal happens during a contact challenge (sounds like he rubs up against another teammate). She waits until the next challenge and lashes out at Jeff Probst saying, you saw this and did nothing...I'm suing you...I'm suing all of you. And quits on the spot. Meanwhile, CBS is concerned about the raciness of the Richard scandal in the wake of Super Bowl Nipplegate--it's the same network, after all.

From superphred1: Rumor is the Survivor peeps are giving out fake spoilers to throw us off. Do you know if your info is the real deal?

With Survivor, you never really know. But I have confirmed the above info with two other sources, and so far, the sequence of elimination this same source also gave me has been correct, so I'm hedging my bets it's true.

Normally, I'm the first person to dismiss her "spoilers", since she's had a lot of wrong info on reality shows, but she claims to have confirmed this with multiple sources so she might finally have something.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

02-24-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I think we got something here"
she claims to have confirmed this with multiple sources so she might finally have something.

Sleek, silverstarz, Varner, Chill One...

---
UDG
Just sayin'.

shuiheart 95 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shuiheart Click to send private message to shuiheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I think we got something here"
I have to agree with UDG here, her sources for other shows are known to be message boards. A fake spoiler (for another TV show) will appear on a certain message board and somehow winds up in her chat the next week. This is why I don't put too much faith in her claim that Jerri is going this week.

However, she does seem to have a source that is willing to give her juicy tidbits (I hadn't seen anything related to the incident elsewhere which is why I posted it).

Of course her source on the incident and Jerri's boot could be the same - I really don't know.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Page 2"
no indication as to who that "lucky lady" is...

Jeff Varner prophesied an "incident" involving Richard and Kathy. Sounds like this could be it...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4693.shtml

(btw, all of Varner's commentary seems to have been taken down from his site.)

02-24-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Page 2"
>(btw, all of Varner's commentary seems
>to have been taken down
>from his site.)

This, "Also, look for new Survivor: All Stars commentaries soon." was added to the front page of his site. Other than that, the place has been stripped of content!

---
UDG

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Page 2"
Btw, while I would have loved to see Kelly G in the show -- particularly instead of dead weight like Shii Ann -- I also find it hard to believe the cast was so "fluid" up until a day before the show...

Neleh declining would make sense as to how Amber got the the show, but we shouldn't also forget that claiming to have turned down All-Stars seems to be the in vogue thing to do nowadays

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Another E! Online Spoiler"
Ethan dating three woman was a scoop??

Ya, maybe a month ago with Varner first posted it... and the same goes with the Burnett/CBS riff (Which was resolved shortly thereafter with a handshake deal for s9/S10 on in the hallway.)

And the CBS/Apprentice story is a bit more complicated than she let's on...

Man, I could do a better column than this woman...

-SB

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-04, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another E! Online Spoiler"
It seems like she's stealing a lot from Jeff Varner.

But I have a feeling she's right about Rich, and he DOESN'T go this episode.

OUTRAGED....OUT...RICHARD

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another E! Online Spoiler"
I truly can't believe any of the women would quit at this point. Be outraged, yes! Quit? I can't see it. But if someone were to do so over a little rubbing, Kathy seems most likely, and she's clearly chummy with Hatch. Amber seems next most likely, but apparently it isn't her. So who might it be? I guess Jerri, but only because she supposedly goes soon. She of all people wouldn't seem to get freaked out by something like that. Well, I guess this event should be next week, according to JP who said eps 3 and 6 were the most shocking.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Another E! Online Spoiler"
Well, I guess this event should be next week, according to JP who said eps 3 and 6 were the most shocking.
I initially thought the quitting thing will take place next week too with this week's physical IC, but then Richard had his pants on in the IC vidcaps, so I don't think it's gonna be this week (if this spoiler is true in the first place. Not convinced).

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-24-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Survivors's first 3-some"

>Turns out Ethan has dated not
>one, not two but three
>of his All-Star teammates: Amber,
>Jenna Lewis and Jenna Morasca
>(with whom he was paired
>when the current season began).
>And according to a few
>torch-toting sources, Ethan's relationships with
>Jenna Lewis (eight months) and
>Amber (much shorter) had what
>one might call an "overlap"--which
>the girls didn't know about
>until they bumped into each
>another at a party and
>compared notes. Ethan's M.O.--"No one
>needs to know"--officially classifies him
>as a dog, if you
>ask me. And pretty much
>explains why Jenna L. has
>it in for him, no?

I don't know if it happens, but if this is true, it would sure make for fun television if Ethan and Jenna are merged into the Chapera tribe so Amber, Jenna and Ethan could all be together again

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "It just doesn't add up"
I just don't understand how we can take this piece of gossip as a legitimate spoiler. No offense Shakes, but I don't get how you can so vehemently disregard the Sleek bootlist and embrace a known gossip monger like Kristen from E! She suggests the next boot is Jerri, which I believe Sleek also predicted for this week. But let's say for just a second that her information is correct and some female is offended by Rich's "twig and berries" rubbing up against her -- fine, that's not so hard to believe. Let's just run this through some good old fashioned logic.

The reward challenge is a raft building/racing challenge. This challenge doesn't seem to lend itself to contact between tribes. Each tribe is situated on its own raft, so the only women who could be "rubbed" would be Kathy or Shii Anne. Clearly Shii Ann doesn't participate in this challenge (see RC vidcaps), so it isn't her. We also have spoilers which strongly suggest Kathy makes the jury (Snewser and Vt. teddy bear ads which show her wearing the blue buff), which is several episodes away. Therefore, Kathy doesn't quit. Even without the teddy bear spoiler, we've seen Kathy embrace nakid Richard post-challenge and she's seen him naked from day one, so I really don't see her getting in a huff about it. Okay, so said incident probably doesn't occur Ep. 5 RC.

Fine, now for Ep. 5 IC. This challenge does lend itself to physical contact where rubbing may very well occur, except that Richard is clothed during this challenge (see IC vidcaps). So, said incident probably does not occur during the immunity challenge.

Episode 6, which Jiffy said is "not to be missed", is titled "Outrage". These two teasers might actually bolster the Kristen rumor, except that she predicts Jerri's demise in episode five. Since it is highly unlikely that this incident occurs in episode five, that's surely a strike against her.

So the offended party waits until the next challenge to bring it up -- a whole day later? Why? Wouldn't the offended female bring it up to Richard after the offense? Like back at camp? I guess not if she were on an opposing team, but it is widely accepted that Jerri gets absorbed into Mogo Mogo, in which case, I can't see her not laying into him immediately rather than waiting for another challenge or tribal council.

IF I'm missing something that validates this, please let me know. As of now, it just doesn't add up.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "SNN canadian article"
This article mentions that a crew member was fired after MB found out they gave information to Jenna M about her mother. I had not heard this before. If that is trued - then I can see them being disgruntled and having knowledge of the first 4 boots. Since the episodes cover 3 days it may have taken MB or JP 3 days to figure out who it was - then can them. They would know the first 4 boots then make up the rest. This fits sleek and how he got his info - it also fits as to why the rest is bad.

abbahammer 70 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail abbahammer Click to send private message to abbahammer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SNN canadian article"
Actually, I believe the first 4 spoilers mostly came from the Patagonia spoiler. Where ColleenLover I believe said she saw Tina, Rudy, and Rob C together. This coupled with the fact that Jenna's mother had died on a specific date ensure the first 4 spoilers were true. I doubt this had anything to do with someone getting fired....

Abbahammer

02-24-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SNN canadian article"
I saw that article too and had the same reaction:

It has been rumoured, as reported in Friday's Herald, a crew member who worked on Survivor was fired shortly after providing Jenna Morasca with information about her mother, who was terminally ill with cancer.

I've never seen that rumor printed anywhere else, but it seemed odd when at the Ep 3 IC Jenna said her mother had gotten worse and then Jiffy abruptly asked if she was getting updates, to which she then said no.

And it does seem plausible that Sleek28, whether he was actually there or not, perhaps became privy to a very limited amount of accurate information and then invented an entire story line to embellish it.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SNN canadian article"
Not that I want Sleeks list to be correct, but... he also would still have good friends that may be stupid enough to share information, thinking it was OK because Sleek was still under the confidentiality agreements.

ebbycalvin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ebbycalvin Click to send private message to ebbycalvin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SNN canadian article"
I can see a scenario where the person who got fired didn't get fired until late in the show, or even after. Two reasons come to mind, they may not have found out who told jenna right away, or it may have been a person who was hard to replace, so they had to get a replacement first.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-24-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It just doesn't add up"
Nothing to add just wanted to say hi to nightscribe! HI there, long time no see, but then again I have been rather busy and have taken this season off spoiling but hubby asked me to pop in.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "why I believe Kristen/Wanda"

> No offense Shakes, but
>I don't get how you
>can so vehemently disregard the
>Sleek bootlist and embrace a
>known gossip monger like Kristen
>from E!

...personally, I don't think there is a smarter, more astute person in all of the entertainment media than Kristen. In fact, you can just take out the word entertainment cause that is too limiting to her knowledge and skill. Case in point, here is a quote discussing the Survivor4 cast from her 11/21/01 article demonstating her high level of genius....

Apparently, the new cast is made up of Colbys, Elisabeths and Colleens--all fabulously good-looking and likeable people. Yawn. My advice is to bring in the casting geniuses who did Fox's Love Cruise. Give me one little Toni or a Michael, and I'm on the edge of my couch cushion again.

..see, with brilliance like that how can you not take everything she says as gospel?

02-25-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
33. "OMH!"
I don't know how we could have missed such compelling evidence! Thank you for setting us straight, Shakes.

---
UDG

02-24-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Who is supposedly outraged?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

OK, assuming the rumor that a woman quits due to twig and berries rubbing, who would it be? Everyone on the show has to know he is gay, and therefore it was not sexual contact. Why would someone get so outraged and then quit?

Who out of these women could get so outraged to quit and give everything up, after things are getting easier at the camps?

Kathy? I know Varner suggested a blow up between her and Rich, but according to KO Fan, Kathy is the one who confronted Richard when the matches were discovered. So that could be the fight. So putting that to the side, would she get that offended? I didn't see her in her season, but she seems to be pretty much too even keel emotionally for that.

Shii Ann? Thinks the nudity is funny.

Amber? I could see her having an issue with it, but I haven't seen a temper that would be needed to quit over this.

Sue? She knows Richard, so I doubt it is her. Although she is an angry woman.

Alicia? Well, she has a temper now doesn't she.

Jerri? Again, she has the temper. I don't see her upset by this however. She has a goal to change her image, and blowing up and quitting doesn't really fit that new image.

Jenna? Again, she has the temper. She has shown that she is there to play, big time. I don't see her quitting over this either.

So my best guess would be Alicia, if indeed this rumor is true.

EDITED TO ADD:
Avid Fan (welcome to the boards AF!) started a now locked thread with some good very ideas. Perhaps the woman offended is actually a man. He suggests that the lady is "from down under", which I guess Kristen previously stated. So we have Amber, Alicia, and Colby. As I started this post above, I don't know why a women would get so offended if she knew Rich was gay. Well a man might! And Avid Fan also recalls a rumor with Colby that something happens that hurts a freindship. If he challenges Jiffy (his roomie) on why he didn't stop it and threatens a lawsuit, that would end any friendship dramatically. Most of these ideas were from Avid Fan, and I like them. THANKS! I think the only thing is, Colby and Jiffy are supposedly very good friends. Who would do that to a friend? But a man getting outraged is much more believable (given homophobia) than a woman.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
One of the ideas I liked from Varner’s spoilers was that some of the contestants are there for the money, and some are there for the camera time. Jerri appears to me to be the biggest DAW of the women who are left and is in the game to “correct” her image, not for the money, that’s why I thought of her when I first read the article. I’m sure she feels that if she can create an incident to focus attention on her, it can help advance her acting career and it is money in the bank in her future.

After watching the sympathetic attention Jenna got for her departure, I think Jerri would grab on to an opportunity when it would appear that she was wronged in order to command the spotlight. Whether she blows up in a display of self-righteous indignation, or plays for sympathy as a victim and is too distraught to continue is irrelevant, as long as she can command the camera she will consider it a victory in her mind.

Note to Avid Fan: Don’t get discouraged that your first post was locked. As Get Bent said there were some great ideas in it that had not been discussed up to that point. I hope you keep posting, it is a good place to air your thoughts.

02-25-04, 05:43 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
I'm not ready to post any coherent theories yet, but I do want to point out that the assulter's intent need not be sexual for the other party to feel very violated. In fact, many experts say that rape has less to do with sex than with power.

---
UDG

02-25-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
UDG,

True. I was just sharing my own feelings. I am a woman, and if a gay guy rubbed his privates on me I'd be like "Gross! Keep your junk to yourself!". Note since I would know Rich was gay, I wouldn't think it is sexual. If a strait guy did it, and it seemed sexual, I would be offended.

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
After watching the episodes again, I can't see anyone, but maybe the new tribemates to Mogo Mogo, which IMO are Ethan/Rupert being outraged with Richard, if at all.

Colby hugged Richard after IC2 and slapped his nekkid butt in congratulations after they came in second and won immunity. He also has said he's becoming comfortable with the king's nudity and "is it possible to call a gay man a stud?"

Lex seems like a pretty cool open minded guy, who doesn't have a problem aligning with a gay man, as he did in Africa. Kathy is modest (Neleh, best move ever) but she's been there as long as the others, as has Shii Ann. I know it's only an hour a week, but the end of Ep5 will be 15 days of Hatch nudity. By that time, if they're not comfortable at MogoEgo with the King's body, then they would have said something negative in at least one confessional.

Someone on the board wrote it elsewhere, but more than likely I'm betting it's Ethan who gets "outraged" when he sees Boston Rob is still on the show and not dq'd after the lick he lays on "pretty boy". Ethan is a former winner, perhaps expecting special treatment by the producers. When he doesn't get what he wants, he'll pout.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-25-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
I just got an email reply from Kathy and she didn't give any details obviously but she hinted that some crazy stuff was about to happen. I really don't think she was the one that quit. She doesn't seem to bitter about anything.

I don’t really give a damn which one of the two goes, as long as it ain’t me."-Sandra Diaz-Twine

02-25-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
My point is simply, from a spoiling point of view, that Rich being gay doesn't mean that a woman couldn't feel very violated at his (supposed) inappropriate behavior. Intent is less important than perception, I think.

---
UDG

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
Okay, I got sucked into this post because I was sniffing out Shakes' reasoning for bringing up the twig and berries incident in another post. After reading all this, I have heard all along that episode 6 is the one to watch, lots of drama. I have also heard rumors of Colby quitting....I think that rubbing up against the twig and berries would be most offensive to a heterosexual male....I don't see Lex getting too upset over it, he seems very accepting of individuality, I could see Rupert getting upset about it, and I certainly could see Ethan getting upset about it, and Colby. Ethan seems to be drawing a short stick all that way around with ASS....since he's now on the same team with Dicque, perhaps Ethan's the one that gets poked. Why do I feel like this should be on bashers? I'm going out on the proverbial LIMB and going with Ethan on this....once again, he's drawing the short stick! ....Just can't see the girls getting in a huff and quitting over this....Jerri included.

FWIW, Flowerpower

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
I can see just about anyone getting offended by it depending on how it unfolds. If it's an accident that's one thing but if its done to win a challenge or with aggression or mocking, that's another matter. And again, this has nothing to do with the person's gender or sexual proclivity.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
>I can see just about anyone
>getting offended by it depending
>on how it unfolds.

Absolutely. But to stomp off and quit a million-dollar game over this one thing? It would surprise me a very great deal to learn that any of these people had been overwhelmed by a single instance of "offence".

I'm feeling that the "outrage" is a final straw scenario. It relates to someone who is already nearing the end of his/her tether in the game, and who needs only one more negative factor and they're outta there. There are two candidates, therefore, in my opinion -- Ethan, and Jerri. While Jerri has shown signs of diminishing mental fortitude, I lean toward Ethan being the one who takes his ball and goes home, on the strength of other bits of info we've heard about diva antics of his, combined with the pummeling he gets this week from Rob, and the fact that, as a former winner, he's just not as "hungry" for it as other players are, and he saw that Jenna got off OK when she decided to quit, and... well, the list goes on.

Ethan is ready to go home, and his feelings are manifested as outrage over a single incident, but it's actually a combination of everything he's been whining about since Day 1.

02-25-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
I'm leaning toward Ethan for this, in the same general vein you describe. The more I look at the Kristin rumor, the more it looks really offbase to me.

02-25-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Who is supposedly outraged?"
This part of the thread seems to be continuing in the Varner FCC thread.

I am finally conviced it is a woman and not a dude.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "would Jerri Quit?"
<< Jerri? Again, she has the temper. I don't see her upset by this
<< however. She has a goal to change her image, and blowing up and
<< quitting doesn't really fit that new image.

As you say, Jerri isn't here to compete for the CASH.

Jerri came to the game to improve/change her image.
But the longer the game goes on, the more players will revert to their true character. While Jerri's goal may have been to project a new image, I think she has been worn down by this game and it wouldn't take much for her to thrown in the towel.

02-26-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
40. "E!valuation"
Liars and Quitters and Backstabbers, Oh My! (Blue)
and
E! Online Chat Transcript (Red)

...I hear Big Tom does when a certain tough talkin' Betty gets the ol' heave-ho (word is the ditty is "Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead!" accompanied by a little jig). Whee!

"Betty" is obviously Sue, and "getting the heave-ho" doesn't sound at all like quitting.

Scandal! According to Survivor insiders, there is something "extremely controversial" coming up, an eye-popping scene that is extremely distressing to CBS in the wake of Nipplegate (thankyouverymuch, Janet & Justin) and the FCC's increasingly watchful eye.

That is fact. Now here's the rumor: Richard Hatch does something so scandalous and inappropriate (presumably involving his twig-and-berries) it compels one of the other cast members to lash out at producers for not putting a stop to it--and to quit the game!

From bcpeterson: What's up with Survivor Richard's "twigs and berries"? Ewww isn't even gonna cover it, is it?
Ewww definitely didn't cover it for the contestant who quit because his twig and berries made her uncomfortable. Make sure you read this week's column if you haven't yet, but just to expand: I hear that the scandal happens during a contact challenge (sounds like he rubs up against another teammate). She waits until the next challenge and lashes out at Jeff Probst saying, you saw this and did nothing...I'm suing you...I'm suing all of you. And quits on the spot. Meanwhile, CBS is concerned about the raciness of the Richard scandal in the wake of Super Bowl Nipplegate--it's the same network, after all.

The first one sounds like an ongoing problem, while the second sounds like an isolated incident. I also noted the term, "Teammate." Does she mean, "Tribemate," or simply another person on the show? Kristin is very clear on her pronouns here. "She," and, "Her" = female.

According to insiders, Rupert is more bear than the teddy bear…

The Rupert thing is nothing new. (*cough* Varner! *cough*) Pardon me while I quote myself. "So, some people disliked Rupert. So what? Some people defended Wustin, too... I'd wager that based on what we saw on the show, as well as the interviews and post-season rumors, that we could figure out exactly who was unhappy with Rupert (the pre-jury Drake boots come to mind, plus Jon & maybe T, big deal). It seems that there were also a number of contestants who either liked Rupert or at least didn't dislike him (most of the Morgan tribe, plus Christa and Sandra at least)."

This season, we already know that Tina, Rudy and Rob C seemed to have positive feelings toward Rupert in their post-boot interviews, while Jenna M did not (big surprise there /sarcasm).
Tina: Rupert is an extremely kind soul. Richard is arrogant but not necessarily a jerk.
Rudy: Rupert is a man you can trust. He gave me his word and stuck by it…. I would pick Rupert (to be in an alliance) because he's a man of his word and he stuck to it.
Jenna M: No, I would not have Rupert on my team nor would I want him to be.
Rob C: Rupert seems like a good guy, but maybe he should think about borrowing Colby's Shick Quatro.

…and according to one torch-toting source Ethan was the dubbed the Survivor diva by his peers, as he complained nonstop and threw temper tantrums over the bleak conditions. (Wait, isn't that what Survivor is supposed to be?)

(*cough* Varner! *cough*) This is rather incongruous with his confessional in E4. Regarding the storm, he said, "It was horrible. Some of us thought people were going to come and rescue us. I’m like, ‘They’re not going to rescue us. Are you nuts? This is Survivor! It’s our own fault that we built a crappy ol’ shelter.’"

Behind Behind the Scenes: Seems there might be some tension between Burnett and the Peeper Net (CBS). At last month's TCA panel session with Burnett and Jeff Probst, Burnett hinted at frustration that CBS has not yet picked up the show for more seasons, and when a reporter asked if this could be the final Survivor, he said, "I don't know...Maybe a great way to end is the All-Stars."

We knew over a month ago that Burnett has signed on through at least Survivor 10 with CBS.

From thewanderingstar: Can you give us any Survivor: All-Stars hints about who gets booted this week?
She comes from the land Down Under--and along with Big Tom she'd be a really neat cartoon!

The "Down Under" remark was totally unrelated to the "twigs and berries" scandal! She’s saying that someone from "Down Under" gets booted THIS WEEK. Which female ASSes are left from S2? Alicia, Amber, and Jerri. And, guess who Sleek listed as the boot after Rob C. JERRI. What a coincidence.

From superphred1: Rumor is the Survivor peeps are giving out fake spoilers to throw us off. Do you know if your info is the real deal?
With Survivor, you never really know. But I have confirmed the above info with two other sources, and so far, the sequence of elimination this same source also gave me has been correct, so I'm hedging my bets it's true.

*cough* SLEEK *cough*

This woman had the premier date wrong long after we knew when ASS was starting. She said the first few episodes would feature two boots per tribal council! She has lousy sources and a poor track record. She’s a gossip columnist, not a spoiler. We can read Sleek & Varner first hand without her interpreting (and embellishing) it for us poor Kluges.

---
UDG

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •