The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Charla - which way do you want to go?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-15-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Charla - which way do you want to go?"
Ok, enough.

Charla is a little person. We know this. Wish Mirna could understand this but oh well.

Now, Charla, are you in the race for the $ or to show the world that little people can do the same anything as everyone else? Because right now, you are playing both decks.

At the end of each (or start) episode you say you are in it for the cause , but in each days race, you act like a circus monkey to take advantage of peoples kindness to move forward in the race.

You cannot have it both ways. Either shut up and win the race, using any method possible and play the handicpaped card in every instance of the race. Or play like everyone else and keep the cause.

I have no problem if you want to use the handciap card to win, but you cannot then say you are in it for the cause.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 wrong shakes the clown 07-16-04 1
   RE: wrong Redemption 07-16-04 2
   RE: wrong Dizwiz 07-16-04 5
       RE: wrong PepeLePew13 07-16-04 6
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... okaychatt 07-16-04 3
   RE: Charla - which way do you want... AugustGirl 07-17-04 9
   RE: Charla - which way do you want... Fishercat 07-17-04 10
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... The INDIAN guy 07-16-04 4
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... PepeLePew13 07-16-04 7
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... Roobean 07-16-04 8
 Who wants to see Charla in a bikini... TeamJoisey 07-18-04 11
   Wait a second Fishercat 07-18-04 12
   RE: Who wants to see Charla in a bi... PepeLePew13 07-18-04 13
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... Molaholic 07-18-04 14
 RE: Charla - which way do you want... bacon 07-18-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-16-04, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "wrong"
>Charla is a little person.

....no, Dustin Hoffman is a little person. Jason Alexander is a little person. Charla, on the other hand, is clearly a midget. Get is right.

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-16-04, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: wrong"
Hey, I would prefer to call her a freakin circus monkey but is not all that politically correct!

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-16-04, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: wrong"
lol Shakes! For the record, Diz is a little person too!

Diz

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: wrong"
Here's a flame-proof suit in your size, Diz -- you might want to brace yourself.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-16-04, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
Why can't she have it both ways? Each traveler uses his or her own assets, as needed. Why should Charla be any different?

She wants to win the race. If she does, she's got the money AND she's shown the world she will use every trick in the book to do so - just like any other winner.

She is just as entitled to take advantage of the kindness of strangers as anyone else. She is also just as entitled to take advantage of global attitudes toward the handicapped and turn that to her team's advantage.

What's the saying? Something about when you're the weaker side in a game, turn your disadvantages around and use them as strengths against the enemy.

At least that's what Gene Hackman says in Enemy of the State, which was on last night.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
I agree with you and Gene Hackman, OC. Charla using her size is no different than the twins getting that guy to help them navigate the dog walk. You think that guy would have helped the Obnoxious Pizza Brothers? Nope. Not on your life.

To win the race, a person has to use every every opportunity she can to jump ahead of the rest of the pack. Charla is playing to win.

Mirna is Charla's biggest handicap.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-17-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
I don't think anyone is saying (and they are wrong if they are) that Charla cannot use the people's pity and help to get farther in the game. Rather, the objection is that Charla is professing that she wants to prove that little people (or just for Shakes, midgets) can do exactly the same thing big people can do. That in itself is kind of hypocritical if you are using your stature to gain an advantage in the race, since that really diminishes her shown ability to do anything the bigger people would do. I can't really explain this that well, but do you get what I am saying here?
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

The INDIAN guy 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-16-04, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20INDIAN%20guy Click to send private message to The%20INDIAN%20guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
i don like both charla and mirna ,i cant put my finger on anything specific but i just don like them.
and u are right , in the firts episode they were moaning that nobody in group was willing to help them and in the 2nd they were trying to take advantage of their handicap.
its a game anyway, i believe one should do anything possible to win it, but then they should moan about the handicap thing anymore if it is benifiting them too.

07-16-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
I agree. I have two words for Charla: Shut up. Just play the game and have fun.

Roobean 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-16-04, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roobean Click to send private message to Roobean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
I agree that Charla is being a bit hypocritical. If she is trying to show the world that she can do everything anyone else can do then she shouldn't be using it to her advantage. Don't get me wrong, I think she should be able to use any advantage she can get if she so chooses but by using those advantages people will say she can't do the same things under the same circumstances as everyone else thereby nullifying her point.

Mostly I want her to quit talking about what she wants to show the world. I bet we will have to listen to it every episode.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-18-04, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Who wants to see Charla in a bikini?"

This thread reminds me of those who complained that Jenna Morasca was using her "I'm a weak lil bikini model" strategy on Survivor while claiming in private that she was a strong competitor.

A time honored tactic: Use people's perceptions of your weakness as a tool to get them to assist you, and use it as a weapon against those who underestimate you.
Gidget and the Midget are taking advantage whenever they can. Good for them.

I'll complain when Charla starts trying to get people to assist her because she's a bikini model.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-18-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Wait a second"
Charla was a bikini model? Or was Jenna a midget? I'm confused.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

07-18-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Who wants to see Charla in a bikini?"
Great. I've just had breakfast and it's not settling in my stomach too well at the moment. Thanks!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
Agreed, Charla is playing an excellent game in using her disadvantage as an advantage. Not really different (as someone posted) from a Reality TV favorite bimbette shaking her "assests" to get some extra effort from a lust-struck local.
But it does seem unsavory (hypocritical is a very good word) for her to continue to express her "Yea, I'm a Little Person (dispite Shakes' diatribe) but I can do anything you big folks can do!" Mirna also contributes to this fallderall, as illustrated in the cemetary when she begged to cart driver to wait by calling her cousin "The Little Lady". (If you want her to be seen and treated as everyone else, just call her "My cousin")

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-18-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Charla - which way do you want to go?"
Leave the midget alone!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •